[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do your parents play video games? If so what was the first game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 48b.jpg (21 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
48b.jpg
21 KB, 800x450
Do your parents play video games? If so what was the first game you remember playing with them or the first game they introduced you to? What are your memories of that?

My dad introduced me to Tribes 2.
>>
>>345326392
Fuck off
>>
>>345326543

Why?
>>
Dad used to play Diablo 2 and AoE2 when I was a toddler. I used to like watching him play; maybe that's why I like Let's Plays so much.

Nowadays he jumps all over the place. He has a Steam account and lately he's been playing through Fallout NV.

I don't think he's beaten a single game I've seen him play
>>
>>345327686
>I used to like watching him play; maybe that's why I like Let's Plays so much.
no you just have shit taste
your dad has nothing to do with it
>>
Trophy Bass and those Sierra Pinball games were his favourites

He doesn't really play games anymore though
>>
>>345326392
My father only played tetris for about 15 minutes back in 1991. That's it.
>>
I played lots of Donkey Kong Country with my dad
>>
>>345328889
I'm sorry man, I just like them. If it makes it any better for you, I really only ever watch the Best Friends. Unfortunately, they've gone down in quality recently but I still enjoy their friendly banter. It's something I usually do while I'm cleaning my room up or doing something else.

It's not like I don't still enjoy video games. I've been playing MHG and having a lot of fun.

Anyways, to keep the thread on topic, do your parents play video games?
>>
My dad has spent hundreds of hours playing Cities: Skylines, he loves that game
>>
The earliest thing I remember is watching my dad get through the laser section of Quick Man's stage in MM2 without using Time Stopper around 1993-4 (we didn't have a SNES/Genesis), not too sure he could repeat that stunt today
>>
My dad bought me Crash Bandicoot, MGS and that Alien game for Playstation. I enjoyed them and would have even more fun when he played with me. He managed to beat MGS and Crash Bandicoot 3 weeks before me. That was the only time he played videogames and now he kinda regrets introducing them to me.
>>
Only thing my dad really played was turok on the n64. he was obsessed with that shit, pulling all nighters when he has to work. After that he never played much, though he's still a Halo fanboy even though been years since he saw me playing it.
>>
>>345326392
My dad loves adventure games and puzzle games like that. Full Throttle and Myst were his favorites. I'm debating whether to get him Monkey Island or Day of the Tentacle for his birthday
>>
Yes. My parents are who got me into video games.

Used to watch my dad play Zelda and Metroid a lot. I learned how to beat a LttP from watching him. He also bought us an N64 when it first came out, but after that he started playing less and less. Recently I put an emulator on his computer and sometimes I'll come over and he's playing stuff like Donkey Kong Country or Bomberman.

My mom liked stuff like Bust a Move and Tetris. She was pretty casual, but she liked watching me and my siblings play games. She loves Resident Evil.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.