[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If Blizzard were to make Vanilla and/or TBC servers available,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1
File: pcxw7fv3vh3lyqhhsyvu.jpg (377 KB, 1600x728) Image search: [Google]
pcxw7fv3vh3lyqhhsyvu.jpg
377 KB, 1600x728
If Blizzard were to make Vanilla and/or TBC servers available, would you want it to be 1:1 or the same game but with some minor changes/improvements.

E.g, would you want the newer graphics? would you want dual spec?

I think dual spec would be a must for me. Playing a tank or healer out in the world was painful since you did so little damage.
>>
>original AV
Basically everything else is irrelevant.
>>
1:1
>>
>>345324509
Seriously? How can you not want dual spec?
>>
Old wow promo shots are weird.

You never fight a red dragon near Zul Gurub
>>
>>345325645
I thought the Hunter was firing that pyro blast from his gun and it threw me off.
>>
>>345325645
Demon Hunters also aren't in the game yet, and the Gnome's robes have sleeves in game
>>
They will give you legacy servers and they will be "updated" for the current state of the game. They will be nothing like the original.
>>
I'd like a feature so that once you log into a class realm you are unable to log into a live realm for 24 hours. This would clean a lot of toxicity out of the community.
>>
>>345323442
Vanilla servers with updated graphics

that's all.
>>
>>345323442
Most of the people that want them back in the first place are purists that hate the new shit.

Do I want the 9gag tier models, meme quests and an in game store?

No.
>>
How would a oldschool server even work in a Themepark MMO like WoW?

People will eventually clear all the content in Vanilla or TBC and then will be stuck doing the same weekly raid grind forever. They could do a progression style release like Nostalrius, but that's just delaying the problem rather than fixing it. Eventually you will end up on the expansion that everyone hates (Cata, MoP, WoD, etc)
>>
>>345323442
1:1 for me but I can imagine them porting the new engine so updated graphics only works for me as well. Anything else would just take away from the "real vanilla feel" in my opinion.
>>
>>345326196
>How would a oldschool server even work in a Themepark MMO like WoW?
Not everyone treats the game like a race. Vanilla easily has 2 years of gameplay for someone who isn't a poopsocker
>>
>>345326493
It takes a month to reach level 60 in vanilla unless you played extremely level unfriendly classes (priest, warrior) or you were completely new to the game.
>>
>>345326493
It has 2 years of gameplay if you're a progression raider. If you don't raid then you will finish everything that's relevant to you quickly unless all you do solely world PVP.
>>
>>345326196
What was Nostalrius' plan? Do TBC and Wrath?
>>
>>345327206
Wait for people to clear the latest raid tier then release the next one. After vanilla raids were done, they were going to release a TBC server and follow the same formula.
>>
>>345326196
I don't think it matters if you reach a "dead end". Either people roll another character or come back to it in a year or two. A lot of people want to return to Vanilla even though they've played it already.
>>
>>345327803
Even if they roll another character, they will eventually get railroaded to the same linear progression path unless all they do is roleplay or PVP exclusively.

In that case, there are better roleplaying/PVP games than WoW.
>>
>>345327972
Pretty much everyone who wants Vanilla WoW again has already done "the same linear progression" atleast dungeon tier 2 or a little of MC/ZG and they want to do it again.
>>
>>345328164
If all people want to do is grind a raid each week, why not just play on a instant 60 server? I literally cannot recall anyone who actually enjoyed spending weeks grinding piss easy boar meat quests or increasing their item level so they can do a dungeon.
>>
>>345328583
Thanks for posting this, it tells me there is no point in talking to you.
>>
>>345328583
The leveling process used to be a crucial part of WoW. Modern WoW could effectively removing level and just have all the zones scale to you and there would be no real difference.
>>
>>345328735
he has a point you know.

why not just skip to the meat and potatoes instead of dealing with filler that's designed to waste as much sub time as possible
>>
>>345328892
>skip the part people miss
"he" is an idiot

protip, most people didn't raid in Vanilla. At all.
>>
>>345328848
Leveling process was never crucial in WoW. Gear you obtained at level 20 is useless by the time you reach level 50 for example. All leveling serves as is a big tutorial.
>>
>>345325645
They look a lot cooler than the actual gameplay.
>>
>>345329015
Most people did "dailies" in vanilla, which consisted of running the same tier 2 dungeons.

The truly autistic people made dozens of alts.
>>
>>345329119
>You can't use level 20 gear for endgame so leveling is pointless

This is the mentality that made wow shit
>>
>>345329119
>Leveling process was never crucial in WoW. Gear you obtained at level 20 is useless by the time you reach level 50 for example.
Why are you even in this thread? Go find a Legion thread.
>>
Vanilla WoW had big problems that people forget about. What people miss was the community, the leveling adventure, the game encouraged grouping and being out and about in the world, at all levels. This also meant world pvp.

But mechanically, there were problems. Warrior was the only real tank. Paladins couldn't tank for shit, Druids were okay. And only like 10% of warriors were tanks, since Warrior was also very good dps class.

I don't know what WoW is like today. Do Death Knights tank?
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.