[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>talk to random person in the elder scrolls >hello traveler,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 71
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (158 KB, 1728x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
158 KB, 1728x1080
>talk to random person in the elder scrolls
>hello traveler, im gnorkelfork of rabeldab and this is my son who pledged himself to the divines, you see, the age of dragons was years ago, where the blades fought off the dragons, with the dragonborn of legend, who took his teachings from the wise old men of the holy place of the second era. We also decided that you must be the new leader of the mages guild, the thieves guild and the dark brotherhood.

>talk to random person in Gothic
>ayo, pay up, or i fuck you up m8

when did you realise that the gothic series is far more immersive and generally better in every aspect then the elder scrolls series (excluding gothic 4)
>>
Like 6 years ago.
>>
I like them both. Gothic does a lot of things better, such as immersion and atmosphere. Khorinis in Gothic 2 is the best city in video games. The worlds are very small however, but very dense with content.
>>
>elder scrolls games aren't good

Wow thanks for the real surprising news op
>>
>>345319294
the worlds are smaller, but they are much more resourceful then TES. In Skyrim for example, you got 20 fucking ancient gravessites wich are all literally the same, in gothic you get a whole world with different areas overall. I never had the feeling when i went exploring, that i saw something before.
Remember the cave near the circle where you make the eye of innos? You got one of the best two handed weapons in there, if you were up to the task. If this were TES you've gotten a leveled sword.
Smaller world, but by FAR more rewarding
>>
>Diego was just some random ass merchant in Khorinis doing some shady business

That was unexpected. I always figured he was a spy-master, a cut-throat, maybe a scout leader or something. Or someone important like Lee. But a merchant? Wew.

Also, changing his 10/10 G1 voice actor to that whiny fucker in G2 is a crime against humanity.
>>
>>345319828
>Also, changing his 10/10 G1 voice actor to that whiny fucker in G2 is a crime against humanity.

This.

Cool that he voiced Vesemir in the Witcher series though.
>>
Piranha Bytes games might be shit gameplay-wise these days but their character writing is still great.

That douchebaggy demon hunter shopkeeper in Risen 3 for example left me in tears.
He gives you a bunch of ridiculous quests which get even added to your log but then get immediately removed again with you earning some pity-XP for each of them after the guy tells you he's just fucking with you.
>>
>>345320013
I pity those who only played Gothic 2. They will never understand why Diego is bro of the century. Based on G2 only I would probably hate his guts.

Motherfucker, it's an empty fucking field. Going through there is anything but suicide.
>>
File: TanakaKun.png (425 KB, 844x624) Image search: [Google]
TanakaKun.png
425 KB, 844x624
>>345320992
personally i think gothic 2 plus addon is the far better game tho, but you HAVE to play the first one first, otherwise you wont have these happy reuniting moments, wich are a big part of the game.

Everybody who played gothic 1 had milten gorn and diego on the boat, atleast
>>
>>345319828
They tossed anyone who did anything remotely like a crime into the Colony because they were desperate for the Ore
>>
Yeah but that god awful combat

Granted thats a complaint that can be applied to most early WRPGs
>>
>>345322015
wasn't there a quest with getting his house back, from the guy, who was the reason they threw him in anyway?
>>
>>345319131
They are masterpieces, really. The difficulty and clunky controls is what drives a lot of people away, and it's a damn shame.

NPCs in TES are generally always terrible. In Oblivion, Morrowind and Skyrimjob they've always acted as information dumps. They're always HORRIBLY written.

>>345319828
I haven't met Daigo yet. But heard about the voice actor change. I fucking hate when voice actor change happens, like for example the main guy in fucking Metro.
>>
>Gothic
Only a few lines of dialogue but you actually feel like the character you are talking to is a real human with his own emotions, personality and stuff

>other RPG
Everything feels unnatural, other characters are irrelevant.

I could never beat skyrim because everything felt so fake and cheap. I can still remember 90% of NPC names from gothic. At the same time I know literally not a single NPC name from skyrim.
>>
File: 1349913631870.png (15 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1349913631870.png
15 KB, 300x300
>hey guy help me hunt some wolves
>they eat him
>reload and kill the wolves
>shadowbeast eats him

There's supposed to be an orc after that but I never got to it
>>
>>345319743
I always hoard like half a dozen destroy undead scrolls in chapter 1 and then clear that cave. i can't use the sword yet but it always feels good and there's other treasure too.
>>
>>345321917
Definitely, although the final fight of NoTR was such a huge disappointment. They build up Raven to be this ultimate villain who in no way resembles his old, pathetic self, and then they just have you go up against him in a one-on-one sword fight with zero gimmicks. I took him down in less then 5 hits and was standing there wondering if that really was it.

But speaking of happy reuniting moments, the speech Thorus gives you after you kill Bloodwyn is probably the best of the reunion moments. I'll be damned, it actually made me like Thorus.

>>345322015
Yeah, but I mean, I just wasn't expecting him of all people to be guilty of something so mundane. The comic that came with the first game revealed Milten's and Lester's crime, but was intentionally silent on Diego and Gorn. So that kind of sets some expectations, especially since it doesn't get revealed in the game itself either.
>>
>>345322318
>I haven't met Daigo yet.
It genuinely ruins whatever warm and fuzzy feelings you'd get from meeting him again. It's that bad.
>>
>>345322869
just save before the shadowbeast and give it a few tries, it will die eventually
>>
>>345322925
What were their crimes?
>>
>>345322869
When I was younger I found out that you just have to run away from him, he fucks them both up himself for whatever reason when you're not looking.
>>
>>345323267
Lester was a rich kid who did some stupid rich kid shit and ended up killing the guards who wanted to arrest him.
Milten was a conscript in the army who deserted when he decided they were all going to die in the orc raid.
>>
>>345322871
This game sounds fucking awesome. I remember being a console pleb with oblivion, duping scrolls and going to the stores in..imperial city? I believe? Then selling the excess scrolls and buying the enchanted nippon steel katanas. Those things were all i needed. That's what your post reminds me of, i want to play gothic now..
>>
>>345322925
thats the sad thing about gothic 3, it makes the characters behave unreasonably. If you meet someone in gothic 2, they help you on the spot, without asking for anything, if you see someone in gothic 3 again, they need you to prove to them, that you can trust them.

What gothic 1 had, what i missed in 2, was if you stole someones weapon, they would recognize it if you used it, and try to take it back. Nothing like that in gothic 2 tho..
>>
>>345322106
and all modern WRPGs
>skyrim
>witcher
>>
>>345323553
Eh, see I wouldn't say Skyrim has bad combat. Its functional, it works. I'd say it has boring, mediocre combat. but simply having a combat system that is playable puts it above a lot of early WRPGs
>>
File: Todd Quote.jpg (253 KB, 760x440) Image search: [Google]
Todd Quote.jpg
253 KB, 760x440
>>345319131
It's just Bethesda putting in that extra ounce of work to make their characters more friendly.

Dark Elves were pretty "mean" in Morrowind though.
>>
File: avatar.jpg (5 KB, 100x100) Image search: [Google]
5 KB, 100x100
>>345323517
its literally under 10€ for all 3 games anon, you can buy it on g2a

you need to patch the third game with the community patch tho, otherwise its unplayable.
Gothic 3 is not nearly as good as the first two, but still enjoyable, the music is the shit in 3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJUpbbZfjJc
>>
>>345323519
I'd say Gothic 1 in general was slightly stronger with its reactionary simulationist elements. Like, in Gothic 2 no one gives a fuck if you just decide to take a nap in their bed.

Still, Gothic 2 has its moments. Like Bullco leaving the tavern every hour or so to take a piss in the middle of the mercenary camp.
>>
>>345319743
>Remember the cave near the circle where you make the eye of innos? You got one of the best two handed weapons in there, if you were up to the task. If this were TES you've gotten a leveled sword.
If this were MODERN TES then yes, but that's an unfair comparison since Morrowind does exactly what you just described.
>>
>>345322869
NotR goes batshit crazy with the difficulty.
If it's yoir first time olaying G2 ever I would highly recommend you loking up how you make certain NPCs essential, like they were in vanilla and also install the LP mini mod.

NotR pretty much requires you to know the game inside out, or you'll go crazy.
>>
>>345324325

Do you honestly expect Gothicfags to know anything other than the modern games?
>>
>>345324325
Right? This whole thread falls apart if you consider MW

>load morrowind
>am prisoner
>hey dickhead, someone wants you out, now get the fuck on the docks
>talk to the guy at the dock
>sign in asshole, we need to record you, creep
>sign in
>ok you're in, now go talk to this shirtless crackhead in the ghetto somewhere vaguely north of here
>see weirdo muttering to himself
>hey did you find a ring?
>sweet dude, thanks
>go talk to drunk chad in the bar
>did you find that guy's ring?
>lol he's a fag, I'll pay you to jack him
>go see shirtless crackhead
>apparently a bunch of old fags think you might be important at some point, I don't know, but now, even to a shirtless crackhead you're less than useless, go kill some rats faggot, come talk to me when you're not a pussy anymore

And from there every single faction, guild, great house etc. has you fucking around killing rats and doing people's dirty work for 20 hours before you do anything actually impactful to the faction. In Skyrim you literally steal like one thing for the thieves guild and then HOLY FUCK IT'S THE KEY TO EVERYTHING! And in MW you're fucking off committing petty crime and shaking people down forever and a day before you do anything influential to the guild at all.
>>
>>345324680
>NotR pretty much requires you to know the game inside out, or you'll go crazy.
Come on, it's my first time and it's fun as fuck. The Seekers just showed up, and there were four of them at the stone circle near Lobart's farm trying to sacrifice Vino or some shit. The first time I tried it Vino would die in seconds, so I reloaded to see if it's even possible to save him. Drank a speed potion, and managed to take out the four Seekers in time. Then when I talked to Vino he got possessed and attack me. At first I thought that it was because you were simply not supposed to save him, but then I remembered that I had a Sleep scroll on me, and decided to try it just for fun. After using it on him I could send him to the Monastery to get treated. That was so fucking cool.
>>
>genociding the entire animal population of Khorinis in every chapter to make sure you get all the possible xp

Fucking wargs in chapter 1 were the worst, they all aggro at once and hit like a truck since you have mostly shit armor. Thank god for Ice Wave scrolls.
>>
>>345325456
You are just wasting your time, though. Hardly anything respawns in chapter 2, and those wargs are not going to respawn at all. There is no reason to fight them that early if you don't feel up to it.
>>
Gothic forests still scare the shit out of me, even though I know the game inside out. Late game gear and weapons help but I still jump at noises.
>>
File: 20160717_081121.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
20160717_081121.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1152
>>345323930
I bought the pack forever ago and tried the first one, steam says i logged 20 min on the first. I'm gonna check it out now :)
>>
>>345325706
>that one scratching noise that sounds like there is an enemy nearby

It kept me circling around like some paranoid lunatic until I finally figured out it's just regular background noise.
>>
>>345319131
Gothic immersive? All 6 female NPCs and like 2 children sure is immersive.
>>
itt rpg codex shitposters trying to retroactively shitpost classic games and pretend shitter slav games were better than fucking morrowind
>they legitimately believe this
>they also legitimately believed and claimed pillars of eternity was better than baldurs gate 1+2
>they are this cancerous

>they
>>
>>345326180
(You)
>>
File: Do eye seek a gothic thread.png (9 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Do eye seek a gothic thread.png
9 KB, 600x600
Oh boy, a gothic thread!
>>
File: 10-hour-pikachu-song-source.jpg (189 KB, 1300x960) Image search: [Google]
10-hour-pikachu-song-source.jpg
189 KB, 1300x960
>>345325809
you got a wonderous journey ahead of you anon, dont let the controls fool you.
I envy you to be able to experience it all for the first time, godspeed anon
>>
>>345325349
Are you honestly comparing Morrowinds walking Encyclopedias to actually well written characters in Gothic?
>>
>>345319131
The only reason TES games are my rpg choice is that they are not out-dated, but that doesnt make them any better in terms of immersion or gameplay.
>>
>morrowind fags trying to shit up the thread
You're a funny guy.
I don't like funny guys.
>>
>>345326180
>slav game
gothic is superior german engineering bro
>>
Is it bad I actually liked gothic 3?

I just like harassing the orc camps and hunting deers
>>
If there is one thing that really bothers me about Gothic 2's story it's the time frame. 13 days pass between the death of the Sleeper and Xardas saving your ass. In those 13 days

>prisoners leave the colony and chaos erupts
>one group led by Raven makes a deal with pirates and go to Jharkendar by boat
>the news reach Rhobar who sends a shipful of paladins FROM THE FUCKING MAINLAND
>paladins arrive, take over, impose insane taxes
>another group of prisoners led by Lee joins up with Onar and start a rebellion
>Milten becomes a proper member of the church
>the Water Mages from the colony join up with the main church and resume their work
>Cavalorn joins the Ring of Water
>paladins in the valley organize ore mining, dragons arrive
>start of the orc siege
>Raven pays the pirates to bring several shipments of slaves captured around Khorinis
>desecrates the Temple of Adanos, earthquakes start
>Saturas and co start digging up the ruins
>bandit raids are becoming severe
>the missing people are becoming a big concern
>Khorinis is starting to feel the long term repercussions of the rebellion
>valley is a shithole no one can leave, paladins are concerned

Why not just say it was 13 weeks? Or 13 months? I haven't seen a game before where the in-game time makes more sense than what the story established in a cutscene.
>>
The moment I saw Gothic NPCs sleeping, eating and talking then compared it to mannequins from Morrowind.
>>
>>345326057
4 female NPCs and 0 children. It's a prison colony.
>>
>>345326729
>seeker armor
>how badly my 12 year old edgy self wanted to have one of those
>how bad my 23 year old self still wants one
>>
File: Seek em boys.jpg (181 KB, 900x752) Image search: [Google]
Seek em boys.jpg
181 KB, 900x752
>>345327304
you and me together, man
>>
>>345327304
I want it so badly it hurts.
>>
>>345327192
Eh? Where did you get it from that it only took 13 days? Seems odd considering the game has day and night cycles meaning it depends on the player how many days something takes.
>>
File: PCAction_12_06_Gothic_3_02.jpg (120 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
PCAction_12_06_Gothic_3_02.jpg
120 KB, 1024x768
>>345327105
it had a horrible start, and was unplayable at launch. It still is buggy as shit without the community patch.
Its not a bad game at all, its just not a masterpiece like the two other games of the series.
>>
>>345327556
http://webm.land/media/oMvw.webm
It looks nice even in 2016, but lod radius is pretty small.

and THAT combat music every three minutes
>>
>>345327502
>i feel like i layed under rocks for 2 weeks
>you did, it was only the magic of your armor wich kept you alive

xardas tells you in the opening sequence
>>
>>345319828
and that comic explains what happened to that damaged tower in the old camp
>>
>>345325706
I always avoided them as well.
>>
>>345327683
there are mods for that anon
>>
>>345327556
I have my brain racking just to defeat that cave full of dragons

never I have been so tense in fighting a dungeon because of the fucking combat sucks
>>
>>345327502
> Where did you get it from that it only took 13 days?
From the intro itself.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKT_ACMCFy8

Everything I mentioned happens in those 13 days while you are stuck under the rubble.
>>
>>345319621
nu elder scrolls games (3+) arent good
FTFY
>>
What are some other games that just feel "natural" to explore and learn and aren't just guided safari trips? STALKER comes to mind.
>>
>>345328039
Fallout 4
>>
File: NYAAAAAAH!.png (159 KB, 356x1768) Image search: [Google]
NYAAAAAAH!.png
159 KB, 356x1768
>>345323930
Say, there isn't a download for the full Gothic 1 & 2 OSTs, right?

Cause I looked for the full OST of Gothic 2 once and didn't find anything except the youtube videos, so I just converted those, but that is a pain in the ass to do.
>>
File: o78k5fogx5g3hdy6peai.jpg (32 KB, 450x338) Image search: [Google]
o78k5fogx5g3hdy6peai.jpg
32 KB, 450x338
>>345328039
the first risen game is really good, and the second one still enjoyable, even if /v/ says otherwise.
>>
>>345328146
only on youtube i suppose. Maybe ask in the WorldofGothic forums, if you are capable in the german language, as your picture might suggest.
>>
>>345327945
I knew something's not right.
In Polish version intro says 30 days. https://youtu.be/Xcfk_9Vt-cg?t=1m29s
And in opening dialogue with xardas it's referenced as roughly three weeks.

I wonder how it was in german version.
>>
>>345328146
Well, the GOG version includes the OST, but that's probably the official one, not the full.
>>
morrowind's dialogue is fucking ass. most of the NPCs serve as encyclopedias, nothing else. you could get rid of hundreds of NPCs and it would have no effect.

even the way characters greet you is dumb. "welcome to balmora, council seat of house hlaalu. is there someone in particular you're looking for? can i direct you to the local services?"

the truth is that oblivion was a significant improvement when it came to dialogue because every NPC had unique dialogue.
>>
Hey nerds
Whats the best recent rpg thats come out max. 5 years ago.
>>
File: playing gothic II.png (21 KB, 638x495) Image search: [Google]
playing gothic II.png
21 KB, 638x495
>>345328268
I'll try that sometime, I guess.

Danke, jedenfalls.

>>345328382
Might look into that too, cheers.
>>
File: yui-computer1.jpg (90 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
yui-computer1.jpg
90 KB, 500x282
>be 10
>got gothic 2 from dad
>i enter khorinis, go explore
>enter haven
>shady asks if i want to "have some fun" for 50 gold
>sure why not, i like fun
>cutscene
>mfw
>>
>>345328560
Underrail
>>
>>345325349
So what you're saying is to experience Morrowwind I need to move to detroit?
>>
>>345326891

One of my main gripes with Morrowind. Thankfully there is a mod some guys spent years making that makes almost every NPC unique which is pretty cool. Only guards are encyclopedias.
>>
>>345319828
english ver?
I think in the german one he stayed the same
>>
File: sex in vidya.jpg (10 KB, 287x254) Image search: [Google]
sex in vidya.jpg
10 KB, 287x254
>>345328630
where did it touch you, my friend?
>>
>>345328832
>>345328716
i don't know how it is in morrowind, but does it have decent voice acting, or are there just 3 guys doing the same voice for everyone like in skyrim and oblivion?
>>
>>345327192

I always felt it was much more than 13 days, at least a month or two. I think he answered "you have" as in "Yeah you have been sleeping a long time" more than "yeah it was 2 weeks"
>>
Niggas how do into Gothic?

Are there modfix starter packs or any type of shit? Should I keep something in mind while playing?
>>
>>345328345
German says 30 too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUzU-u5xR7E
So most likely the English translator fucked up. 30 is still too short, but certainly better than fucking 13 which literally makes no sense whatsoever.

Also, Xardas in German sounds very... young? I really like the Polish voice though.
>>
>>345329086

No voice acting, its all text. NPCs voice lines like "hello" and stuff when you walk past them and during combat, but with only one voice actor per race/gender.
>>
>>345328930
yes it did, uwe boschel did diegos voice up to the game that shant be named arcania
>>
How do i getaround the shitty controls of Gothic ? I really wanna play it but i can't
>>
>>345329151
The intro flat out writes "13 days later" though, so it was actually less than two weeks.
>>
>>345329251
wow, i thought gothic was much newer than morrowind, but it came out 2 month before morrowind holy shit.
>>
>>345329346
hardly

in gothic 1 I would say that you might aswell ignore your mouse and play it entirely with your keyboard
>>
>>345328345
As far as I remeber it's also two weeks but it felt like Xardas was only confirming the snarky comment that he laid under rubble but not for how long.
On the other hand, how did he survive without food/water? Sure doesn't seem the armor would prevent him from starving.
When I first played it I simply thought that Xardas found the hero under a pile of rubble and nursed him back to life over the course of a few months.
>>
>>345329194

There is an FPS changer that removes FPS lock that might interest you, but its not essential.

One thing to keep in mind with the first Gothic is that the controls seem really stupid. They are actually good, just different from what is usual. You can play with more conventional controls in Gothic 2. Basically you hold ctrl and click forward when interacting with things.

Only other thing to keep in mind is that you should do all starter quests for all factions before joining one, for xp reasons. First chapter is the best part of the game anyway. Money is plenty so dont feel scared to buy shit. There is free armor for chapter 1 in the New Camp mine, which helps a lot.
>>
I replay Gothic 2 NotR every single summer. I just did a STR paladin-run, and it is fun as fuck when you get and use the Dragonslicer in chapter 2. I thought about doing a mage run, but the progression sucks since you only get Rain of Fire after killing the dragons (at which point the game becomes boring and easy at any rate).

How's a pure dex-mage for a run? Thinking of shooting for 180-220 dex and ignoring magic all-together.
>>
>>345329512
This. Play 1 and 2 using keyboard only.
>>
>>345325349
Someone didn't find the Morag Tong guild. You prove yourself with dialogue, he explains how writs work and you're sent on your way.

There's even a group of guards in a fortress that give you a hit list.
>>
>>345329346
I almost uninstalled the game when I've first seen the controls, but it really isn't that bad. Remap it to WASD and you'll be fine. The control scheme can be deceiving at first since some of those things like sneaking you have to unlock to work.
>>
>>345329380

Thats the Night of Raven intro right? Pretty sure Night of Raven wasnt made by Piranha bytes, they just bought the rights and fixed it up a lot.
>>
File: TfgOZPH.gif (796 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
TfgOZPH.gif
796 KB, 500x281
>>345329346
just get over it anon, you get used to it very fast, you can do it!just to get used to the new controls of gothic 2
>>
>>345329713
It was. It's the gothic 3 addon that was made by third party.
>>
>>345329645

I did a dex playthough and it works fine, I was merc though but it probably makes no difference. You need to get those dex swords though, of course. I think there is only two and the second one is pretty good for almost the entire game.
>>
>>345329584
>I simply thought that Xardas found the hero under a pile of rubble and nursed him back to life over the course of a few months

You know, that would actually make him sound less of a psychopath. Xardas was inside the fucking Temple with the protagonist, one fucking room away from where he fought the Sleeper, but he didn't lift a single finger to help him until dragons started to rape the island and he needed an errand boy.
>>
>>345329713

NotR was also developed by PB. They dropped a lot of hints for Gothic 3 in it. Thorus for an example mentions that you will most likely see him again guarding a gate. In Gothic 3 he guards one of the gates.
>>
>>345329975
>>345329893

Dont know why I thought it wasnt made by PB, must be mixing things up.
>>
>>345329667
>Morag
You prove yourself to the morag tong by finding the damn guild hall which nobody points you to
>>
>>345328568
>Might look into that too, cheers.
Will you manage, or want me to upload it?
>>
>>345329949

I've done plenty of dex runs, and they're quite good. I was just wondering if anyone had ever done a bow-mage run. The only thing that really sucks about dex-runs are the fact that you're stuck using the master sword, meaning that the initial progression is way harder, and you don't get the gradual power-progression like with STR weapons.
>>
>>345329963

Xardas comes across as having the best of everyone in mind, but I dont think he gives a fuck about individuals.
>>
>>345329250
Yeah that doesn't make too much sense either.
He was under a pile of rubble for 30 days without food, water, without blood circulation in his lower body then Xardas poof'd him out of there and he can still talk and walk and shit but has amnesia.
Oh and all his stuff is gone too.
Remeber that ore currency, now worth 200 a fucking piece? Vanished. Armor? Vanished. Weapon? Vanished. Trinkets and Rings? Gone for good. And then this fucker Xardas doesn't even offer you to poof you back.
>>
File: Girion.jpg (20 KB, 300x240) Image search: [Google]
Girion.jpg
20 KB, 300x240
>you need a crew to operate the ship anon
so who did you take with you anon?
who was your captain?and why was it torlof
>>
>>345330071
nah, I'll handle it

https://youtu.be/mi5pYaz35ZE?t=30s
>>
>>345329963

Xardas is by no means good. He is a black mage who is only interested in killing off Gods. That makes him pretty fucking insane in a world where the Gods are very much real.
>>
Why is Gothic 3 bad? I heard that alot but don't know why.
>>
this game looks good, will play after I finsh witcher 3
>>
>>345330187

During the intro his armor explodes though, probably due to the transportation magic. I imagine it was some unvoncentional experimental magical shit he did. Maybe even the ore armor was used as fuel for the teleportation and restoriation, much like the oremounds theoretical use to blow the barrier. Regarding the other stuff, it was probably in a backpack or some shit that isnt shown ingame and was smashed beneath the rubble.
>>
>>345322869
Bartok always rapes the fuck out of the beast and the orc for me, even in NotR. You probably got unlucky with the way he chugged potions.
>>
>>345330187
its literally ALL explained in the opening conversation. The magic of your armor kept you alive, but you are weak now, thats why you have to learn everything from scratch. he could just teleport your body, not the rest.
The ore ist explained too, the ore in the mine valley was just the currency, since they haven't had any use for it, but now the king needs every ore he can find, but the orcs took over the valley, so the deliverys cant be made.
>>
>>345330363
It was shit on release due to bugs and terrible performance. Nowadays with the community patch it's a good game.
>>
>>345330195

First time it was Torlof. Jack seems pretty content where he is after you get his lighthouse back. I brought everyone with me I could, except Saturas. I had murdered someone at some point, dont know who or why, so he literally left the boat went I was on my way out. Said something like "You're cold blooded killer, I am not going with you anywhere" or something. I shot him with my crossbow as he was running away, and then set sail.
>>
>>345330051
Every goddamn NPC tells you that there's something strange in one of the basements.
It's actually hard not to miss it.
>>
>>345330270
i was really impressed how they managed to keep the name of the hero secret/nonexistens without the feeling that it was forced
>>
>>345330481
So the armor fed him?
Plus Xardas was basically just 5 feet away, could've saved the errant boy much trouble.
>>
Gorn and Lee are your best bros
>>
>>345330051
Yeah.
I don't even know how I stumbled upon it honestly.

I went to the Arena because I figured there would be tons of weapons and shit to loot. I was pretty damn surprised.
>>
>>345330662
He wanted to tell it a few times but NPCs always told him to shut up or already knew who he was.
>>
>>345330363

It doesn't feel very Gothic-like. The environment is radically different from 1 & 2, and the combat was awful (1 & 2 had good combat, despite what people say). It suffers from poor balancing (you never feel quite weak nor quite powerful if you do a non-magic based run). It was an really ambitious game, but it lacked the pacing and small, meaningful worlds of 1 & 2. You basically did the quests of a town, then moved on to never go there ever again.

When it was released it also had bugs out of the ass. Old savegames would conflict with new games. I had killed off all Hashasins in an old game, the empty cities filled with bodies carried over in a new game, 30 hours in.
>>
>>345331003
>finishing Lee's three game long quest in 3

Satisfying.
>>
>>345330656
So one guild is easy to JOIN and that means it's as bad as skyrim and oblivion were? The point still stands that in MW, you're pretty much considered shit until proven otherwise, the one tiny exception of finding the MT guild hall aside.
>>
File: 1467381571696.jpg (40 KB, 657x527) Image search: [Google]
1467381571696.jpg
40 KB, 657x527
>>345330937
are you literally retarded? He fought 30 religous lunatics and a fucking god like something, after he managed to get through a temple of undead orcs and demons.
And your concern is starving? You ever played a video game before?
>>
>>345330351
>swear eternal loyalty to 2 out of the 3 gods
>spend your entire life trying to kill 'em all

Xardas might be insane, but I fucking love the guy.
>>
>>345331189
Do you imply that he isn't a human?
Humans have to eat and he would thus starve.
Are you retarded?
>>
>>345331003
Well, Gothic 2 implied very fucking hard that New Camp was the canon path in Gothic.
>>
>>345331428
I ever felt he was insane. He joined the Firemages because he was skilled in magic, but got BTFO when he made boneymagic. He then switched to beliar so he could do the shit he wanted, but it was always just a tool to achieve his goals. He is a well written aizen :^)
>>
>>345330937
When a wizard tells you that your magic armour sustained your life, you be quiet and accept that the magic armour sustained your life with its life sustaining magic

You might as well ask "so he never once needed to take a shit all that time?"
>>
>>345319131
I tried playing some Gothic game.

I was like a king in hell, and the combat sucked, then suddenly I was a dirt farmer marrying someone's daughter. I predicted that everyone would die and my dirt farmer would be sent on a quest, but I was so uninvested that I just didn't care.
>>
>>345331668
it wasnt implied, it was literally shoved down your throat. No matter who you chose, the only difference it made after chapter 4 was if you gonna be a watermage or armorguy.
>old camp
>literally corrupt boys, you kill most of them in the mine
>swamp camp
>worship the endboss

it was kinda obvious from the beginning, who were the good guys here

>>345331508
wow anon, well spottet. Humans have, in fact, to eat food. Here, have a gold star.
>>
>>345331161
I'm not the same poster you were replying to and it is true that in every guild you had to do a shitton of stuff to get acceptance (well maybe not the imperial cult) but joining the Morag Tong was easier than joining the Dark Brotherhood in Skyrim. And their writs were also easier. Kill some dude. Show writ. Done.
All factions in Skyrim were however laughable. To become guild leader you had to do less than in one fucking Morrowind city. And some quests were even against other guilds like Thieves Guild and Fighters Guild with a bit of Hlaalu, Mages Guild vs. Telvanni and in some instances you couldn't even become leader anymore.
>>
I want to play gothic. Can I start with 3? Im afraid 1 and 2 may feel dated
>>
>>345332278
I'm afraid you suffer from brain damage.
>>
>>345331737
>hey NH, if you wanna learn some boneymagic just talk to Karras, he is our resident totally not necromancer

Like fucking what?
>>
>>345332278
Are you a sexual minority? If the answer is no start with 1 and if you absolutely can't play it skip to 2.
>>
>>345331995
Considering that this wizard needed you for his dirtywork because he himself was too incompetent while completely shutting you out from his plans (and fucking up the whole world as seen in Risen for banning the Gods) you gotta fucking explain magic as it seems to be mainly a plot hook and device.
>>
File: 1,-Teil_2.jpg (250 KB, 1042x1403) Image search: [Google]
1,-Teil_2.jpg
250 KB, 1042x1403
>>345332420
its...questionable
>>
>>345331508
It's magic ore I don't have to explain shit.
>>
>>345332080
That New Camp were the good guys was shoved down your throat, true, but it never really implied that you joined them since you essentially fuck over all three factions until the sequel which does so very blatantly.
>>
>>345332707
The hell is that?
>>
File: 1468623123339.png (118 KB, 650x422) Image search: [Google]
1468623123339.png
118 KB, 650x422
>>345332662
wasnt the story like, xardas couldn't do the stuff, you could do, because he no longer had the favour of the gods or something? I mean its canon that YOU are the chosen one to be innos warrior on earth. Its just your choice what you make of it. Xardas would never be able to enter the monastery, or the mine valley, for that matter.
>>
Zeig mir deine Ware.
>>
File: 1380662327244.png (232 KB, 400x908) Image search: [Google]
1380662327244.png
232 KB, 400x908
>>345332992
Lass uns handeln
>>
>>345332959
fanmade origin comic, its supposed to display how corristo discovers xardas doing ghettomagic

this site is full of this stuff, but german http://mondgesaenge.de/
it has the best databases for all 3 games tho, even in englisch, i think.
>>
>>345332039
That's Arcania, anon, there's a reason nobody talks about it in gothic threads
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SrZlM_6GqM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muC6eVeb8V8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hh4zESpn4DU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DazQp93U-2Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DazQp93U-2Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXWjCXOXMYo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJA3n4Tee_s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gW2wM_izZpg
>>
>>345333126
Von mir aus.
>>
>>345332662
>and fucking up the whole world as seen in Risen for banning the Gods

Until the day PB come out and make a statement that Risen is indeed the post-Gothic 3 universe I will refuse to accept this.
>>
>>345333357
D-Danke dir Anonymer
>>
who /Mud/ here?
>>
>>345333180
Thanks, anon. I really should learn German one of these days.
>>
>>345319131
every elder scrolls game since daggerfall is shit

>inb4 morrowind
Morrowind was a dumbed down piece of shit, only people who started with it actually like it. Anyone who played since daggerfall knows how much shit they left out of morrowind.
>>
>>345332992
>>345333126
>>345333357
>>345333463
>>345333715

+ the enderal thread

deutschland is taking over /v/ lads
>>
>Beliar and Innos got shrines/temples everywhere
>Adanos got only one temple/shrine in Khorinis(Prbly destroyed after invasion) + Jarkendar ruins and ruins in Varant

FUCKING ADANOS GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER
>>
>>345334005
naahh, if we want to take over something, we do it faster, without a warning :^)
>>
>>345334138
Adanos is too busy doing shit to waste time giving blessings to random fucks with too much gold/blood
>>
Dx11 Gothic 2 # L'Hiver is the best looking game out there.
>>
File: Gothic_1920x1200.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
Gothic_1920x1200.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1200
Since this came up in a previous thread, the three on the cover are Gorn, Milten, and Lester, with Diego missing.
>>
>>345319621

daggerfall was fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyXpbK5aPEo
>>
>>345322106

how the hell is Gothic an early western RPG
>>
>>345334396
NOO i was in the fucking previous thread
its GORN MILTEN AND ANGAR YOU IMBECILE
one important main storyline character of each camp
>>
>>345334562
Angar as a Novice? It's clearly Lester.
>>
SCHON WIEDER EINS VON DIESEN BIESTERN.
>>
>>345319131
>We also decided that you must be the new leader of the mages guild, the thieves guild and the dark brotherhood.

why are you comparing Gothic to Oblivion and Skyrim when they are games from different eras?

compare it to Morrowind and Daggerfall you god damn retard
>>
>>345334562
That's definitely Lester, all four have their comic design there, with the exception of Milten's weird haircut.
>>
>G2
>Nameless hero is a chosen of Innos

>G3
>"lol jk u actually chosen of adanos"
?
>>
>>345326180
xD
>>
>>345319131
I will never understand why Gothic fags are still bitter over morrowind
>>
File: G1Cover.jpg (2 MB, 2172x2746) Image search: [Google]
G1Cover.jpg
2 MB, 2172x2746
>>345334690
your picture is fanart not the actual cover.
Lester uses a mace in all 3 games, he never touched a sword.
>>
>>345334905
he is the chosen one of everyone at some point. All the gods want to have him for themselves, but innos is the most prominent god througout the gothic world.
>>
Morrowind is better than Gothic in literally every aspect
From rpg elements, to lore, to world design, to quest design etc.
>>
>>345333821
>it's a "gothic-fag pretends to be a daggerfall-fag to deface morrowind" episode

If you'd actually played Daggerfall you'd know Morrowind took a lot of steps forward. And though it did take steps back, it rarely felt like linear dumbing down, and more like necessary compromises in order to move forward in another direction.
>>
>>345325371
This anon >>345324680 is right. I've just completed it for the 9th time and I could only manage because I knew my way around and the proper order to visit places. In my first three tries I've made only mistakes, wasted way too much time on getting around (it was fun though) and I could barely complete the game. It took me my 4th run to do my first 100% run, for which I had to do a ton of reading to confirm that it was in fact 100%, otherwise I wouldn't have known.

Also try the fear scroll on the dragons and don't waste any of them. If you don't become a mage, you can only find as many of the scrolls as the nubmer of dragons in the game. You are welcome.
>>
File: Biff.jpg (20 KB, 300x240) Image search: [Google]
Biff.jpg
20 KB, 300x240
>>345335365
B-but i let Biff facetank that shit anon...
>>
>>345335342
Why are all Gothic fags universally buttmad with morrowind
>>
Were there any moments in the Gothic games where you got genuinely scared when you played it for the first time?
>Gothic 1
>Meeting that Shadowbeast near the swamp camp for the first time
>In the middle of the night
>That abandoned tower

>Gothic 2
>Met those fucking seekers for the first time in the middle of the night
>>
>Bethesda has no real idea how a conversation works

What else is new?
You're telling me that people just go around and yell "RUMORS" to people with a completely deadpan face?
>>
>>345333821
Stop pretending Gothic fag
You are just buttmad that Gothic died while TES became one of the most popular series's
>>
>>345327105
It was half finished, but half the fun was still there. The map was pretty much done and running arournd while being a little more powerful in the beginning than the previous two games felt amazing.
I only hated the story itself, the hasty writing and lack of depth, the new combat system and the technical diffculties. Everything else was perfect.
>>
>>345336005
nigger all the time.
The first 2 gothic games had dangerous shit everywhere, if your strayed away from the past for just a bit, you got fucked up by whatever.
In gothic 2, you literally go to the farm, and up the stairs, to kill of some scavengers, just to find a graveyard full of skeletons 2 steps ahead.

Plus the screams when the zombies die in gothic 2 were scary as shit.
>>
>>345335342
>>345336215
never played gothic in my life m8, you just sound like a butthurt morrowind nostalgia fag

Morrowind was dumbed down bland shit compared to daggerfall, the only reason it's remembered as good is because the newfags it brought to TES outnumbered the old fags who played daggerfall and knew it was shit.
>>
>>345336363
Can you elaborate?
>>
File: 1436031296562.jpg (25 KB, 505x479) Image search: [Google]
1436031296562.jpg
25 KB, 505x479
>>345336005
>Gothic 2
>that big dark forest with spoopy fog and skellies and zombies and wargs and shit

I was 10 years old and that place terrified the shit out of me. Refused to set foot anywhere near it apart from what was required for quests.
>>
>>345336363
Quest and world design is objectively better on every aspect
Magic system is more fun and varied ignoring few game breaking spells and abilities from Dagerfall like climb
Story and lore are some of the best out there and the only reason why Dagerfall story is interesting if because of post game meta retcons
Art direction is superb especially in environmental design

Stop pretending Gothic fag
>>
>challenge some guy in the arena in the Old Camp
>fight starts
>guard outside the arena take out his crossbow and kills me
am I the only one having this problem?
>>
>talk to random person in mountain blade
>I VILL DRINK FROM YOUR SKULL
>>
>>345337006
Deine Mutter treibts mit Ziegen.
>>
>>345336005
Zombies are always fucking scary in gothic
>>
>>345337146
y-you too
>>
>>345327192
>one group led by Raven makes a deal with pirates and go to Jharkendar by boat
Citation needed. I don't remember any npc saying that. In fact, I remember the pirates saying that they haven't seen their captain in a while, which means they haven't sailed recently.

>the news reach Rhobar who sends a shipful of paladins FROM THE FUCKING MAINLAND
I'm pretty sure that's no why he sent the ship. The ship was already there before the fall of the barrier.

>Khorinis is starting to feel the long term repercussions of the rebellion
When was it said that it was a long conflict?

>valley is a shithole no one can leave, paladins are concerned
Yeah, it was attacked by dragons and an army of orcs. No shit it's turned into a shithole. And it wasn't that nice anyway. The prisoners didn't take good care of it either.

You other points can easily happen in 13 days. Granted, those had to be some pretty busy days, but all of those are possible.
>>
>>345337254
>that death wail and death animation

Fucking terrifying when I first heard it.
>>
>>345333284
Please don't bring Arcania in connection with Gothic ever again.
>>
>>345330579
You can avoid his refusal, if you only start killing innocent people in the end.
After the first time you kill an innocent person, he only slaps your hand and warns you that if you keep it up, he won't come with you. Then if you keep killing, the next time you talk to him it is only THEN confirmed that he won't go with you.
However if you complete all quests and have you crew ready at the docks, you can kill everyone outside of Khorinis at the same time and he will only chalk it up as one instance and he will still go with you. You just have to be smart about it and you can trick that faggot. Just don't bother genociding Khorinis, that'll aggro him too eventually.
>>
>>345338674
is that something people do? Mowing down the complete map before they go to jharkendar?
>>
>>345335710
You didn't make backup saves before each dragon? Serves you right.
>>
>>345336005
The most common one is when you arrive at the Mining colony after clearing the orc patrols. The game intentionally goes to midnight, even if before entering the loading screen I go back to the nearest bed and run back there with a speed potion. The first time I did that, I could barely clear the orc patrols guarding it with mass AoE spells, than the game drops me in a new place swarming with orcs and I can't see a fucking thing.
Not gonna lie, that wasn't fun.
>>
Is gothic 1 and 2 different to 4? I wanted to give them a go so I started with 4, which was shit so I didn't try the others
>>
>>345336623
You need to go back and clean it now. It'll be good therapy.
>>
File: 23423.gif (52 KB, 388x200) Image search: [Google]
23423.gif
52 KB, 388x200
>>345319131
>im gnorkelfork of rabeldab
>>
>>345340723
Arcania and the expansion for 3 are so bad people refuse to talk about them in Gothic threads.

Play them in order and get the community patch for 3, it's a must.
>>
>>345340723
You're some kind of fucking idiot
>>
>>345339194
Jharkendar? Taking Saturas with you on the ship is one of the last thing you do in the game, it happens long after Jharkendar is cleaned.
But yes, a lot of people do this to get xp. Just don't kill any innocent people before that. If they fall down on the ground and you have to go out of your way to stab them to death, they were innocent too, even if you think they kinda deserved it. The game only encourages to kill npcs that are a threat to you, it's not a spree killing simulator.
It's a good way to get a lot of xp, but you really have to trick the game into accepting those actions. It's not the canon story that you killed everyone on the lisland before you left. From a roleplaying standpoint it's very wrong.
I still need to fuck aronud with this though. I'm not sure if Saturas will get mad at me when he's already in my crew and on my ship waiting for me to give the command to set sail, and THEN I start killing everyone. That way I could probably clean Khorinis too.
>>
>>345340723
imagine the best steak you ever ate, with the best fries you ever ate, It also has a salad on the side.

Gothic 1 is the fries
Gothic 2 is the steak
Gothic 3 is the salad, not a highlight at all, but its a good salad.

Gothic 4 is the shit you take later. Its kinda related to the three, but you know, its shit.
>>
File: idiot.gif (362 KB, 500x360) Image search: [Google]
idiot.gif
362 KB, 500x360
>>345341510
sorry, i meant irdorath, got the two mixed up.
>>
>>345333730
he reminds me of andrew dobson or linkara

I beat the shit out of him
>>
twarz
czy
dupa?
>>
>>345340723
>Gothic 4
No such thing anon
>>
Did anyone ITT play the polish modpack for Gothic 2 called Golden Gates (Zlote Wrota)? I'm stuck on several quests in it and I could use some help.
If you played the polish version, that's fine too as long as you can translate it to me in english.

It's a ton of fun though, I can only recommend it.
>>
>>345341343
That's rude anon

>>345341172
>>345341519
>>345342026
Okay I'll try them
>>
>>345335130
Does he emit some kind of god pheromone or fucking what?
>>
>>345333463
Nichts zu holen.
>>
File: hide seeker threads.png (51 KB, 1305x892) Image search: [Google]
hide seeker threads.png
51 KB, 1305x892
>>345337286
not him but

>Citation needed. I don't remember any npc saying that. In fact, I remember the pirates saying that they haven't seen their captain in a while, which means they haven't sailed recently.
Several npcs tell you that they went with Raven, Huno for example. As for the transport it is stated by the pirates (Skip i.e.) and some bandits too. Also they transported them with the boats not the ship, since it sank due to the paladins.

>When was it said that it was a long conflict?
It is heavely implied, since the farmers get their produce taken away rather frequently, which would mean that the city supply is already dwindling due to the uprising.

As for the WHEN regarding the paladins, I have no idea, I would say they were sent before the fall, due to collapse of the old mine.
>>
>>345336005
Xardas' old sunken tower in Gothic 1. I was just exploring for fun as a level 10 little shit and had no idea what I just found. It doesn't help that you can't see shit even with a torch. And you can't fight with a torch.
>>
>>345343801
I didn't remember those details. Then it really is confusing.
But to be fair to the devs, this game took an insane amount of writing. A few flaws here and there are fine.
>>
File: maxresdefault (3).jpg (163 KB, 1728x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (3).jpg
163 KB, 1728x1080
>>345343986
the loading screen lied >:(
>>
>>345344417
he's also one handing a two handed sword and the orc is blocking
>>
>>345341510
>Taking Saturas with you on the ship is one of the last thing you do in the game

Fugg. I killed Canthar or whatever his name was in the prison because he would have had the merchant grill Sarah murdered when he got released. Does this mean Saturas hates me now?
>>
File: danke für die hilfe.png (2 MB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
danke für die hilfe.png
2 MB, 900x900
>>345344604
are you implying that orc can't block?

cause these niggas are the worst block spammers in existence
>>
Für dich, Herr Gerbrandt.
>>
>>345337286
>I'm pretty sure that's no why he sent the ship. The ship was already there before the fall of the barrier.

I'm pretty sure either Lord Hagen or that other paladin tell you that they arrived specifically because the Barrier was gone and they had to secure ore production.
>>
>>345345010
i think he meant that he blocked with his arm

>>345344604
i'm glad thats not a thing. The one handing a two handed weapon in risen was fucking retarded. I was also pretty unhappy with dualwielding in gothic 3, i mean its highly popular but its an objectivley worse fighting style then 2 handing or onehanding. They could've added shields earlier tho.
>>
>>345345010
Oh yeah they do block. I only remembered backstepping and there were no shields so I forgot there's a blocking animation.
>>
File: 1eJHibq.png (436 KB, 683x569) Image search: [Google]
1eJHibq.png
436 KB, 683x569
>>345319131
When I've played Morrowind for the first time after already playing Gothic 1
>>
File: mittlere_banditenkleidung.jpg (12 KB, 141x290) Image search: [Google]
mittlere_banditenkleidung.jpg
12 KB, 141x290
>>345345095
>"...Ich heiße Gerbrandt, HERR Gerbrandt, hast du das verstanden?!"
"Ja Gerbrandt."

Is the gothic hero the smuggest of them all?
>>
>>345345637
he is just perfectly written. He is the Saitama of RPG protagonists. He doesnt do shit, because he has to, he does it for his personal gains, and because he just fucking wants to.
>>
>>345344759
You can still do the main quests for him and he'll heal you, but he won't accompany you to the final chapter.
But it depends on wheter or not he's talked to you about it. First he gives you a warning, then he will not be BFF with you. If he didn't tell it to you yet that he's upset with you killing people, you should still be fine. I think he only brings this up when it's about time to pick the crew, but I'm not sure. I've stopped killing innocent people after my first few runs to never have this problem.
But he's not that necessary for the last chapter. He gives you a sidequest, a perma stat increase potion and he can teach you magic, but that's it. You can still complete the game just fine. Fuck him up his asshole! Let him rot in that shithole town!
>>
>>345344305
Some of those are just simply strange, like Milten. He just showed up one day and they immediately accepted him as a master? Well, that's possible, but don't you think people would be talking about Corristo's group being dead, some nobody joining as a master, and Xardas going renegade?

All of these issues would be fixed by simply stating that a longer time has passed between the two games, in fact the whole story feels like it was written with that assumption. That 13/30 days feels more like a last minute addition.
>>
>>345345742
>What makes you so sure that I serve Innos?
>Has it ever occurred to you that maybe I am a servant of Adanos?
>Or who knows... maybe I serve Beliar.
>Or only myself.

Absolute madman.
>>
File: NICHT WECKEN.jpg (93 KB, 768x576) Image search: [Google]
NICHT WECKEN.jpg
93 KB, 768x576
>>345345637
>"Hey warte mal, irgendwo hab ich dein Gesicht schon mal gesehen, achja richtig. Hier, diesen Steckbrief haben wir bei ein paar Banditen gefunden, sieht dir ziemlich ähnlich."
"Da wäre ich aber garnicht von alleine darauf gekommen."

can this smug bastard even be stopped?
>>
>>345346037
I am not yet at that point, so I have no idea. Canthar is the only NPC I killed this way, I wasn't expecting anyone to learn about it. But I worked hard enough to fix my relationship with him in NoTR to tolerate this faggotry.

If a single dead criminal triggers him this hard I might go and edit my save.
>>
>>345347009
The best way to kill that fag is to pull out your weapon in his cell in a way that the guard can't see you but he can, take his first hit then run and let the guard finish him. The guard will do the coup de grace himself.
>>
>>345346674
Why is it that every time he hangs out with bandits, mercenaries, and all around shit people it feels like he is right at home, but as a paladin or mage it's as if he has to force himself to act according to their laws?
>>
File: seeks friends.png (208 KB, 497x632) Image search: [Google]
seeks friends.png
208 KB, 497x632
>>345347268
I suppose he "grew up" in the colony, you know?
>>
>>345347194
The issue is that I had a tiny little problem. By the time I realized I'm ought to kill him if I want to save Sarah, his cell was already full of people from the thieves guild and the weapon smuggler quest.

So I casted Sleep on everyone in the room and murdered him in the remaining few seconds.
>>
>>345345285
Maybe, I'm only 50% sure myself.

>>345346074
Maybe, but it was stated multiple times that the time the game sets in, is the craziest period that island has ever seen. The mages seeing a young, honest looking, bro-tier whipper-snapper with genuinely high powerlevel in magic and exclusive info on things they desperately want to know about and they can't even possibly concieve might be enough to let him join them.
Your theory on the last minute addition makes sense, but I'd prefer to think that things are just fucking crazy over there and they take all the good men they can.

>>345345010
Orcs are ridiculously easy to trap in an animation 1vs1. Just make some distance between yourselves and let it charge you. It'll do the slow swinging animation every time that you've already experienced through trial and error that you should never ever do. When its weapon is above its head and it's close enough, just do a quick swide swipe with your weapon, it'll always be faster than the orc. And the best part is that they'll get thrown back by this enough so they can start the same animation all over again. Orcs are slow and dumb. It's canon.

>>345347194
topkek
>>
>>345319131
i'd still rank Morrowind higher than gothic 1&2 but only slightly.

i have played all 3 games (morrowind gothic I and II) for at least 20 times each...
>>
>>345347854
Still doesn't explain what gave them the idea that Xardas is dead though.
>>
>>345348527
gothic lore is simplistic, engaging but simplistic
TES holds you with it's world
classic strategy vs tactic dilemma both are great but different
>>
File: 1429462806843.jpg (40 KB, 500x452) Image search: [Google]
1429462806843.jpg
40 KB, 500x452
>>345319131
>We also decided that you must be the new leader of the mages guild, the thieves guild and the dark brotherhood.
lmao this is too accurate
>>
File: 1447348464210.jpg (66 KB, 365x441) Image search: [Google]
1447348464210.jpg
66 KB, 365x441
For whatever reason that question hasn't been asked yet.
Whats your camp of choice in 1

Whats your camp choice in 2?

mercenary for life here
>>
>>345349040
Old Camp, them New one.
Mercs.
>>
>>345349005
It's not like Gothic doesn't have the entire pantheon sucking your cock. However only the bro factions want to have you, for the rest it's you who have to suck cocks and pay for it too.
>>
>>345349040
old->paladin

because armor
>>
>>345349040
Old Camp Fire Magicians then New Camp Water Magicians. Then Necromancer once Xardas gives me his black robe.

Monastery in 2, but only because I want that magic. If not for that I would follow Lee wherever he leads us.
>>
I can't get past the minecrawler part in Gothic 1.Those monsters creep me out so fucking much...I jump when i see one and you tell me i have to go alone, in the dark to kill hundreds of them.
>>
>>345349287
nigga what?
if gothic 2 would've worked like TES.
You wouldve become the leader of the monastery
You wouldve become the replacement for lord hagen
You wouldve become the new Onar
All the above in ONE playthrough.

You can become the member of the high council, A paladin, not even a high ranking one, you just find the armor, or a freelancing dragonhunter. Its not even remotley the same.
>>
>>345349723
You can be well over level 20 by the time you go there. By then you'll have nothing to fear from them.
>>
>>345348568
They fell for the Xardas meme. He's the Gothic-verse's Aizen. See >>345331737
>>
>>345349878
It's not fear as in "damn these fuckers might kill me".It's more of a "i'm scared of giant bugs that live in an entirely dark mineshaft".I can't stand the sight of them.And don't get me started on the Field Raiders in 2.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 71

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.