[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>finished college >got a job >literally haven't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: saddoctor.gif (384 KB, 500x275) Image search: [Google]
saddoctor.gif
384 KB, 500x275
>finished college
>got a job
>literally haven't opened a video game since like Jan-Feb last year
>finally get a 2 week holiday starting this Friday
>finally time to vidya
>install Witcher 3 because I heard it's good
>start the game
>get some crushing anxiety shit, literally lost all will to play the game that instant
>exit the game
>repeat process with other 3 games

What's going on with me, /v/?
>>
>>345315065
>>get some crushing anxiety shit
You mean like, wanting to enjoy it so badly that you get too tense and can't? I get that a lot.
>>
>>345315065
Nice blog retard why dont you fuck off
>>
>>345315130
Yea, thinking about it, I think that I wanted to enjoy it like I used to have fun with games back in the good days so much that I was afraid of the feeling I will get when it won't reach up to my expectations...
>>
Your time away from work is precious and you want to ensure you get the most out of it.

I've pretty much stopped playing RPGs since I got a job because I no longer have the patience for slow walking or slow text.

I mostly play roguelikes and roguelites these days, and multiplayer games, because there's no fucking around and you can jump into gameplay immediately.

Try playing something less story focused and which requires less time investment.
>>
>>345315352
Could you recommend some good roguelike/roguelites you enjoyed lately?
>>
>>345315065
play pokemon on nds emulator. It will help your anxiety.
>>
>>345315267
I know what you mean. The best advice I can give is to really stop paying attention to what others are saying, especially with why they're enjoying the game. Giving yourself an expectation to like something is the quickest way to stop you from actually liking it. Try and go into more things without thinking at all, you'll end up more satisfied.

I also suggest trying more obscure games. There's a lot less pressure to like something when you aren't constantly hearing about how it's amazing.
>>
File: 1465634120154.jpg (10 KB, 320x287) Image search: [Google]
1465634120154.jpg
10 KB, 320x287
>lost job
>have all the time in the world
>any time i start up a video game I play 10 minutes then get fatigued and turn it off
>can barely leave the house once a week anxiety is so bad
>lost all my friends because I kept cancelling arrangements so many times due to anxiety they just stopped asking
>spend all my time on 4chan or crawl into bed trying to sleep my life away
>>
>>345315687

not really
>>
>>345317651
This is me except I came back from army bullshit and flipped over to the national guard, so
>no job
>running out of money
>army is a cluster fuck so can't do school for another year
>literally nothing to do while I wait on employers in the area to get back to me
>still have army shit to do every 3 weeks

So I thought hey, good chance to catch up on my backlog. Nope, just depression, I even bought the new monster hunter and just can't find the energy to get through it.

When I was busy, all I wanted was vidya, now I have vidya, and all I want is to be busy again, fuck
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.