[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dolphin emulator - just how easy is this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: Dolphy.jpg (4 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
Dolphy.jpg
4 KB, 300x168
I've seen people on /v/ mention they use Dolphin emulator.
I've always found emulators come with a lot of hassle and become problematic the more high-end the consoles they're based on become.

Any advice?
>>
File: 1467487976027.jpg (111 KB, 694x800) Image search: [Google]
1467487976027.jpg
111 KB, 694x800
Don't make me feel this way.

Pls respond.
>>
>>345307778
>Any advice?
Buy an actual wii
>>
>>345307778
It's seriously pretty fucking good and simple. Way ahead of PS2 emulation.

I seriously don't understand why people are so afraid of tweaking settings in emulators. I lesrned to do that shit on my own a good ten+ years ago when I started digging into N64 and PS1 emus. Nowadays theres tons of guides and tutorials online, even in video forms
>>
>>345307778
It's a lot easier than many other emulators, if you ask me. Earlier builds always had the problem that you needed different dolphin builds for different games or even forks in some cases, but with 5.0 (I think it's 5.0) I could play everything I wanted, so far. Even The Last Story runs smooth. Just select the graphic options you want, config your controller and you're fine.
>>
>>345307778
It's really easy to use, but you shouldn't bother if you're on a shitbox laptop or some 10 year old setup.
>>
>obtain game iso or whatever the files are called
>open with dolphin or drag and drop

done
>>
>>345307778
It works out of the box most for most of the games.
It's gud
>>
dolphin is really easy to use. mot games require no tweaking and it runs and plays well with lots of options. best emulator imo.
>>
>>345307778
Just download it and download a game, that's literally it.

Most games work right away, but some might have a few graphical glitches or something. Luckily, literally every game has a page on the Dolphin wiki with recommended settings that even a retard could follow.

Honestly, the only emulator that's any hassle that I know of is PCXS2.

If you have a toaster and wanna see how easy emulators typically are, try PPSSPP. That shit is black magic or something, 2 years ago it could run MHFU full speed on my piece of shit Galaxy S2.
>>
It's literally as easy as downloading a torrent.

PS2 emulation is the complicated shit (took me 15 minutes to get Shadow of Colossus just to fucking work) but Dolphin has given me zero problems.

It's so easy that I can even mod the games
>>
>tfw playing SpongeBob BFBB at full speed on my Surface Pro 4
Grorious
>>
what wii games are worth playing on dolphin?

i have been playing darkside chronicles its pretty fun, but i need more
>>
emulators are easy. only emulators that i have had some trouble setting up are pcxs2 (ps2), mame (arcade), and yabause (saturn)
>>
>>345309453
>10 years ago
>PS1

Why do underages come in and lie on the Internet???
>>
>>345312381
xenoblade chronicles, modded super smash bros brawl, super mario galaxy, kirby's return to dreamland, kirby's epic yarn, sin & punishment
>>
>>345312713
is project M = modded super smash bros brawl you are talking about?
>>
>>345312768
project m or brawl minus or even custom stages/characters/costumes
>>
>>345312306
its also on pc
>>
what is the most efficent way to get my wired gamecube controller running on my desktop? and does it work for the wii roms too?
>>
>>345314704
Probably a USB adapter online somewhere.
The Wii U Gamecube adapters work too, I think, if you have one of those.
>>
>>345314704
i like this guy's stuff.
http://www.raphnet-tech.com/products/gcn64_usb_adapter_gen3/index.php
>>
>>345307778
>download
>install
>download rom
>open rom with emulator
>play
>>
>he doesn't netplay melee

shit is fun desu
>>
>>345315707
Anyone up for some Air Ride netplay?

Saw a few threads about it recently, but now that I got around to downloading it they're all gone.
>>
>>345314841
yeah i have one. thanks anon will try it out
>>
Loading games and shit is easy.

Honestly the most difficult part is probably mapping the 360 controller so it doesn't feel like ass.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.