[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Top Tier Indie Games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 6
File: Cinnamon Roll.png (3 KB, 135x135) Image search: [Google]
Cinnamon Roll.png
3 KB, 135x135
>Oh my Lando
Its Rando
>>
Rando deserved so much better.

The end of The Painful genuinely made me tear up. Such a fucking emotional roller coaster, no other game has come close to making me feel the same.
>>
File: 1467149357042.jpg (90 KB, 734x769) Image search: [Google]
1467149357042.jpg
90 KB, 734x769
>>345305967
>buddy was the mc
>not rando
missed opportunity, Austin
>>
>>345305967
I loved the game but I would've loved to see

Buzzo and Rando meet just to see what would've happened
>>
File: dustforce-title-1.jpg (207 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
dustforce-title-1.jpg
207 KB, 1366x768
>smooth as fuck
>tons of replay-ability
>pleasant art style
>comfy soundtracks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0h4itxQzGA
>>
>>345306073

I went into The Joyful without knowing anything about it, so playing as Buddy was a great surprise. At first I wasn't sure if it would work well, but somehow Ding manages to pull it off beautifully.

My only complaint story-wise is that Buzzo's change of character felt pretty jarring. Why was he such a psycho to Brad and Buddy? "Lisa made me do it!" just doesn't feel like a good enough justification.
>>
File: CjuF23OVEAEk56N_0.jpg (50 KB, 600x584) Image search: [Google]
CjuF23OVEAEk56N_0.jpg
50 KB, 600x584
>>345306293
When he looks at Buddy he see's Lisa the person he failed redeeming

"I was supposed to be her light instead she pulled me into the darkness"

Buzzo, having an Epiphany after years of vengeance towards Brad makes since, as Brad is now in a fate worse than death without purpose Buzzo is able to change
>>
File: BRadsSaveCrow.png (2 KB, 242x168) Image search: [Google]
BRadsSaveCrow.png
2 KB, 242x168
>>345305790
Did he do the right thing?
>>
File: screenshot6.jpg (54 KB, 651x366) Image search: [Google]
screenshot6.jpg
54 KB, 651x366
>>345307041

Brad is the pure essence of, being dealt a bad hand

He was never a bad person just misguided and full of pent up guilt

>if you beat the joyful dlc
His ending in the joyful is bittersweet, finally given a chance to protect his grandchild
>>
>>345307397
You just reminded me that justice didn't prevail. I'm sad now. Why did they have to fall?
>>
>>345307041

Kinda, sorta, not really. Poor Brad.

There is something so seamless and heartbreaking about whether or not to hug Brad. I just couldn't do it, Buddy was absolutely traumatised by the end of it all.

>>345306789

Fair enough I hadn't looked at it that way. So Buzzo was Lisa's girlfriend? I can't recall anywhere detailing that in the game.

Despite my confusion over this plot point I still think this game has some of the best writing and story telling I've ever seen in a video game. It can be so stupid and silly yet so depressing and endearing. I haven't felt this absorbed in a game for a damn long time.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.