[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Black Desert Online any good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: 1467355596162.jpg (100 KB, 438x810) Image search: [Google]
1467355596162.jpg
100 KB, 438x810
Is Black Desert Online any good?
>>
No.
>>
Not really.
>>
>>345304057
>>345304091

ffs really? I was kinda looking forward to a decent f2p MMO to play...
>>
File: (attention)grabbing(image).jpg (122 KB, 450x682) Image search: [Google]
(attention)grabbing(image).jpg
122 KB, 450x682
>>345304036
same rehashed shit
>>
>>345304167
Well, the base management thing is interesting. I kind of liked the crafting and trying to get my Sim City on.

Combat though is a huge bucket of ass.
>>
>>345304272
>Well, the base management thing is interesting. I kind of liked the crafting and trying to get my Sim City on.
>Combat though is a huge bucket of ass.

Dude you know what
I reallly need to cut down on my gaming time so this honestly sounds like a good game to play for more casual shit

ehh I'm gonna try it out I think
>>
>>345304167
I wouldn't even bother trying it.

It's a lot of RNG and grinding on top of MTX outfits that give you boosts in certain things/More carry weight/Pets that give you bonuses and pick items up for you that are also RNG when you breed them for better bonuses.

The community is also awful.
>>
>>345304167
Black Desert Online isn't fp2
>>
>>345304438
It's your cash to blow, godspeed famalam.
>>
>>345304550
Well I fucked up
Would still do P2P but apparently it sucks ass so not gonna waste my money.

>>345304556
Naw i'm gonna take your advice
Gonna look for a f2p equivalent or a non shitty p2p I guess.
>>
>>345304438
It's basically THE AFK dream game.
There's even an option to have the game afk for you in the background processes.
>>
It has the best combat system of any MMORPG but the devs went full Jew with the micro-transactions (despite it being a p2p game) and the grind is unreal. At are around level 54 it literally takes about 1 hour of killing the same two or three respawning NPC's to get 1℅ of exp on your progress bar.
>>
BDO is fucking trash, pure garbage. RNG heavy as fuck, forcing players to do life-skills, Grind-heavy as fuck as well as completely unbalanced and skill-less due to heavy gear reliance.

Not even gigantic autists can handle how shitty it is and thus the game is bleeding players like mad, with lots of guilds now being empty shells/absorbed.
>>
>>345304167
Check out Riders of Icarus.
I'm not claiming it's great, but based on early levels it's okay at least.
Also, free.
>>
>>345304550
Wait it's f2p in like Japan and Russia

Can't you just like use a VPN to download the game and find a way to translate it to English?

>>345304725
>It's basically THE AFK dream game.
That's what i'm looking for desu

>>345304883
Alright man thanks
>>
>getting banned for talking about WW2

lmao good game
>>
Wildstar is free and just released on steam. I think its dead though even though the general will tell you that it isnt.
>>
>>345305357
The general is just waifuposting as 90% of generals on /vg/
>>
>>345304036

Who is this pole pumper?
>>
File: Cant banter.png (165 KB, 879x579) Image search: [Google]
Cant banter.png
165 KB, 879x579
>>345304036
What is the source?
>>
>>345305357
I shitpost that general and I'm playing it right now and eh, it's pretty dead. Sad really, because it's really pretty good, but they decided to fuck their own asses on the launch. I have no idea if they even have anything planned after the current content patch.
>>
>>345305393

Sad part is the game doesn't even have waifus.
>>
>>345305641
Honestly Wildstar had a few fun aspects here and there and actually succed me in for a bit but once I got to max lvl I completely lost any motivation to play and I never came back to the game.

Housing was great, though.
>>
>>345305620
kek. what board is that?
>>
>>345305357
>>345305641

Thanks guys gonna download Wildstar later too
Since it's a bit dead I hopefully won't go overboard playing it too.
>>
>>345306012
Probably /int/

Maybe /pol/
>>
>>345306012
probably int
>>
>>345306114
pol is not a blue board, right?
>>
>>345306184
Yeah but people can put like themes on and shit or whatever so you never really know

But yeah it's probably /int/
>>
>>345306012
Typical of /int/except for the colors
>>
>>345304438

There's 7 day trials floating around man, that's what I'm using
>>
>>345304036
Best combat system in any game currently, best world, okay lore, terrible voice acting, grindy as fuck, lots of side shit, open world.

Currently it's the best mmo on the market for $30, only people that quit were shitters getting shit on by lady luck and couldn't stand it trying to make 100% out of 10% of the game.

But hey make up your own mind and be decisive in your own actions. The game has a steep learning curve for anyone that hasn't played mabinogi or eve and will seem overwhelming.
>>
The gameplay is good, but it's severely lacking in customization. You have to pay for armor skins, pets, dyes with limited uses etc. Your armor doesn't change as you level up and you'll end up looking like everyone else.

Considering this is a buy to play game the amount of cash shop content is really disheartening.
>>
>>345306685

I haven't found the learning curve too hard, although I haven't fully mastered automating nodes to acquire materials and produce goods.
>>
>>345304757
>>345304846
>He hasn't played in a month

It takes about 12 hours to get to 56 now with Valencia out. And until august 31st every weekend is 50% XP boost august 3 -31 is 5m item event drop on mobs and double blackstone drop tables.
Ninja comes out on the 20th of this month in 3 days along with night vendor and silver and energy are kings again. Field bosses are no longer relevant in this case. We're finally fucking caught up.

>Reminder that they will have NA EU on par with KR by November entirely. Daum is getting Pearl Abyss to rush 2 and a half years worth of content in 6 months of release. People bitch about this now and MMOs are dead for this reason.
>>
>>345304036
who dis
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.