[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bastion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
File: Bastion.jpg (33 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
Bastion.jpg
33 KB, 460x215
Is this game worth checking out? It's got amazing reviews, but I feel like I should ask you guys because I trust you less.
>>
I didn't care for it. Boring gameplay and I'm not fond of the art. Story is whatever.
>>
>>345295667
>coming to /v/ for advice
go based on reviews
>>
>>345295853
What made the gameplay boring?
>>
>>345295667
yeah it was neato
transistor was better though
both are really comfy
>>
>>345295908
This thread is for video games, where else would I ask?
>>
>>345295667
Great music, great art, great atmosphere, shallow gameplay
>>
>>345296032
>>>/b/
>>
>>345295667
/v/ doesn't seem too high on indie games friend. It's also hard to know which indie games are truly worth your time since indie games tend to attract massive hipsters/sjw for some odd reason.

With that said I did like Braid.
>>
>>345296138
>>>/b/
>>
I enjoyed it. great soundtrack and voice acting
fun gameplay
worth trying out
>>
>>345296423
What type of gameplay?
>>
It's a really solid game. Not AAA-quality, but not exactly indie-tier either. It's pretty quality, m8-y.
>>
>>345297221
Hack-and-Slash, the strength of the game is in the story, art and music 2bh though
>>
>>345295667
I loved it, biggest warning I can give. You better play this with a controller. I finished the game once with a keyboard and my fingers are still fucked up
>>
Pretty cool story, art, music and voice acting. Gameplay gets a bit stale though and it doesn't have much replayability,
>>
>>345297931
I don't own a controller. So I shouldn't get it?
>>
>>345298036
That's a hard one. I think it was worth it playing the game on a keyboard but I'm a fucking retard.
>>
>>345298036
Anon either has 12 inch long/wide hands or is being a little bitch. You can ppay that Bastion with a laptop keyboard without fucking up your hands.
>>
>>345298479
Oh okay, thanks
>>
>>345298036
Sure, I always loved aiming with the mouse.
>>
>>345298036
A controller isn't strictly necessary but you're basically always moving diagonally and I can see how that might get frustrating with a keyboard.

You might as well get a controller anyway, it'll be useful for tons of other games too.
>>
>>345295951
his gayness
>>
>>345295667

I enjoyed it, weapon variety was nice and the upgrades could do some cool shit. I loved the fuck out of my dueling pistols that had ricochet bullets and caused knockback/ cripple

Music was nice as well.
>>
>>345297869
Story was trash though
>>
>>345300737

>not the mortar
aiming speed+ reload upgrades let you zip around like a motherfucker pumping aoe out your ass.
>>
File: 1450346189932.jpg (6 KB, 211x120) Image search: [Google]
1450346189932.jpg
6 KB, 211x120
>>345300945
>>
>>345295667
I found it really boring. I don't get the hype and positive review for this. The only thing's good about this game is probably the atmosphere it create as you play along.
>>
I like it way better than Transistor.
>>
Yes, it's good.

I'm playing Transistor in 2017.
>>
>>345295667
Music is pretty good
Gameplay not so much
>>
>>345295951
You walk up and hit things. Yes I'm oversimplifying but it was just too repetitive.
>>
It's good. I thought it was much better than Transistor too
>>
>>345295667
It's definitely worth playing. Enchanting characters, world and music. The gameplay is pretty fun. You can essentially choose your own playstyle, instead of it being thrust upon you, by choosing your own weapons. You have options to make the game more challenging by turning on things like: enemies drop bombs after death or enemies have a chance to deflect attacks. It's too easy a game without the optional challenge thingies.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.