[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 11
File: minecraft killer.jpg (495 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
minecraft killer.jpg
495 KB, 2560x1440
What went wrong?
>>
Multiplayer is still lingering in beta, there's no real objectives to the game outside finding all the characters/vehicles/animals/items, and it's mostly just a showcase of an engine.
But that's early access for you.
>>
Not everything was skeletons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1d-dRWtytY
>>
File: Toa_Mata.jpg (151 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Toa_Mata.jpg
151 KB, 1024x768
Lego thread?

What was your favorite theme growing up? Favorite set? Do you regret all the money you wasted on plastic bricks?
>>
>>345287351
They gave up
>>
>>345287351
I haven't played for 3-4 updates, I just know the combat was shit. And at the time building didn't feel natural at all with no first person and your character flying above the ground and tons of menus.

Ton of potential and I hope it shapes up, but...
>>
>>345289160
Still better than some code and trialges in my screen showed in pixels
>>
no console release
>>
Rushing online because faggots can't stand singleplayer games.
>>
>>345287351
Realized they can't compete with roblox anymore and gave up
>>
>>345289160
i still buy a lego set occasionally

i just build it and put it away though brikwars is fun
>>
Who /LegoIsland/ here
>>
File: i am growing stronger.png (376 KB, 419x430) Image search: [Google]
i am growing stronger.png
376 KB, 419x430
>>345289160
>always wanted the imperial star destroyer when i was a kid but never was able to get it
>now im an adult with money and i can afford it
>>
I thought it tried to be too much like Minecraft. When I was a kid, I loved Lego and wanted to build entire cities and large castles and stuff like that. But Lego Worlds doesn't even have roadplates or anything like that. Building tools are limited and it's pretty difficult to build anything too detailed. The whole idea of collecting coins to purchase unlockables is also a pretty annoying feature that they seem to only brought over because every Lego game since Lego Star Wars had it. I actually would've preferred if the game was more like the 1998 Lego Creator and let you build autonomous vehicles and aircrafts or even allow you to customize minifigure AI to a certain extent.
>>
>>345292090
It's a great feel when you're an adult and suddenly realize you can do all the shit you wanted to do as a kid.

>Favorite Star Wars movie is Phantom Menace
>Never was able to buy any Phantom Menace Lego sets as a kid
>Be grown adult with disposable income
>Can buy all the Phantom Menace sets Lego has put out in recent years
>>
>>345291721
well memed
>>
>>345292090
>Got the Taj Mahal in the latter years of my childhood
>Putting that shit together and annihilating my fingers
It was pretty damn awesome actually.
>>
>>345292508
>all the Phantom Menace sets Lego has put out in recent years

Lego released new Phantom Menace sets? Why?
>>
>>345292724
$$$
>>
>>345292794
Does anything Phantom Menace related even sell that well in 2016?
>>
File: 1468280028282.jpg (297 KB, 1600x1638) Image search: [Google]
1468280028282.jpg
297 KB, 1600x1638
>>345289160
>Do you regret all the money you wasted on plastic bricks?
Why should I?
>>
File: Capture.png (673 KB, 820x614) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
673 KB, 820x614
>early access
>open world
>survival

It's generic stale shit wrapped up in a lego skin. A shameless cashgrab exploiting brand recognition for a quick dollar.
>>
Literally all they have to do is give me a blank slate and a box of infinite lego and I will happily drop £15-£20 on it.
>>
>>345293106
I wish they'd give you the option of having a blank, flat world instead of randomly generated tiny islands surrounded by water.
>>
File: toys3.jpg (198 KB, 595x334) Image search: [Google]
toys3.jpg
198 KB, 595x334
>>345292867
I don't think Disney really gives a shit that much about prequel sets aside from Clone Wars related things because a) They're too busy focusing on TFA and the OT, and b) They know people will buy them anyway.

Pic related is a perfect example. The 2007 version had more droids on the rack, was larger, and had a lot less gaps, yet it was only 10 dollars more expensive. The droids on the new version don't even fold up all the way like they did on the old one for fuck's sake.
>>
Wasn't this a scam? Like it came out years ago and I've never seen anything about it getting updated.
>>
>>345292972

Have you even played it?

You just seem to be spewing generic rhetoric, most of which doesn't even apply to Lego Worlds. It's shit, but not for any of those reasons.

>>345288102

This pretty much nails it.

At the moment it's tech with no real gameplay or meaningful systems in place.
>>
>>345293682
It came out last year and has been getting steady updates since then. Not frequent, just steady.
LEGO isn't the kind of company to release a blatant scam.
>>
>>345287351

Tt games happened.

All of their games are buggy unfinished copy and paste pieces of shit.

Lego need to ditch the cunts and get a proper developer to make some fresh Lego games.

Sure they make money but it's all based on Hype and marketing thanks largely to the strength of the Lego IP and whatever other IP paint is being slapped on each months new game.
>>
>>345293106
http://ldd.lego.com/en-us/

and it's free.
>>
File: speedchampions.png (52 KB, 544x132) Image search: [Google]
speedchampions.png
52 KB, 544x132
>>345294586
I'd love a LEGO Racers 3. Sadly, that will never happen.
>>
>>345294586

Fuck the LEGO games are such a waste of the IP.

They should be making things more akin to the old Rock Raiders and Racing games.

A straight up Fantasy/Medieval RTS with the customization of units and building of custom castles/villages, a rogue like dungeon crawler or straight up RPG, diddpy kong/banjo nuts and bolts style racing games, stuff like Kerbal Space Program or Space Engineers.......there are so many fucking genres that make sense for LEGO.....and instead we get the charming, but shallow as fuck movie tie ins over and over.
>>
>>345289160
Probably star wars. I was also /k/ incarnate as a kid, so I used most of my pieces to make WW2 aircraft. I am also quite partial to the older train sets.

>Regret
nice joke, but lego is the only reason I didn't decide to "accidentally" walk into traffic as a kid.
>>
>>345289160
Bionicle was my fucking jam as a kid, I read all the comics, read a lot of the books and watched most of the movies and animations. I don't think I'll ever find something that gave me as much joy and hours of fun as bionicle
>>
File: 4x4.jpg (415 KB, 2400x1800) Image search: [Google]
4x4.jpg
415 KB, 2400x1800
>>345289160

Lego is literally the last thing anyone should ever regret buying.

You can teach a kid more about simple mechanical principles that translate to fucking everything in a few hours than most people bother to learn in a life time.

It's fucking awesome, holds it's value insanely well, and when modern civilization collapses it'll be among the most valuable commodities traded, doubly so now that Lego are moving towards sustainable material replacements for the previously last for-fucking-ever plastic of old.
>>
>>345295459
I remember getting the first Lego Star Wars game for PS2 way back in 2005 and playing the hell out of it. I actually managed to beat it 100% and got that secret ending where you play as Vader and a stormtrooper on the Tantive IV. It was such a fun game, and I always liked the way the characters told the story through pantomime with little to no dialogue whatsoever.

I took a look at Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens, and was surprised to see how much it changed: Voice acting, a cover system, and all the shit you'd expect in a modern video game. It really shows how much video gaming has changed in the last decade.
>>
I want to get one of the ones that roll into a little ball for nostalgia reasons but I'm sad because they are 60$ or more on Amazon
>>
>>345296617

> I always liked the way the characters told the story through pantomime with little to no dialogue whatsoever.

This was always brilliant, they still throw in the odd gag with the new ones, but the voice acting (which is usually fuck awful cut and paste jobs directly from the movies) really does cheapen it.

Although i'd wager that was a "suggestion" that came down from on high.
>>
Why are legos so fucking expensive
Their big models can costs 2x more than fucking nippon figures the same size
>>
>>345289160
Either Star Wars, Harry Potter or Batman
>>
File: Destroyer Droid 8002.jpg (149 KB, 620x758) Image search: [Google]
Destroyer Droid 8002.jpg
149 KB, 620x758
>>345297002
>one of the ones that roll into a little ball

You mean a droideka?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (164 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
164 KB, 1280x720
>>345297218
I just found a pic, one of these fuckers
>>
>>345297393
http://www.bricklink.com/catalogList.asp?catType=S&catString=273.650

Bricklink is your friend. They have pretty much every Lego set ever made, and usually at much cheaper prices than Ebay/Amazon. Only problem I can really see is that you may have to buy from overseas, but even then it's not that big a deal.
>>
>>345297156

Lego isn't cheap to produce, and technically speaking it's cheaper now than it's ever been....but that doesn't make it "cheap" by comparison with cheaply manufactured stuff.
>>
>>345297559
You have truly saved me and my wallet this day, dear stranger
>>
>>345297747

>You have truly saved me and my wallet this day, dear stranger

>Bricklink

No, he's condemned you to a lifetime of empty wallets and mountains of plastic bricks.
>>
>>345298037
I accept my fate with open arms
>>
>>345297156
Its actually surprisingly expensive to produce and the quality control is nuts.
>>
>>345287351
There's barely a reason for it to exist.
Want to explore a randomly generated, blocky world?
Play Minecraft.
Want to build something out of Lego?
Get the real thing or LDD which is free, has a way larger part and color selection and doesn't control like ass.

>>345297156
>Their big models can costs 2x more than fucking nippon figures the same size

I can't think of a single set that's more expensive than a Japanese figure (unless it's one of those overpriced Comic Con exclusives) and Lego in general might seem expensive at first but you get your money's worth out of it.

Take this year's Bionicle sets for example.
One of the larger figures costs 20 bucks, stands like 25cm tall, can be rebuild into something else, can combine with other sets, has gear functions and projectile weapons.

Meanwhile some Figma, Figuarts or Revoltech is like 15 or 17cm tall, costs 30 to 90 bucks which doesn't even include stuff like custom fees and taxes, only represents THAT character, can't be turned into something else, can only be posed and comes with a bunch of acccessoires that probably end up in a ziplock bag or box.
>>
File: 7407763056_e6d445461a_n.jpg (18 KB, 320x213) Image search: [Google]
7407763056_e6d445461a_n.jpg
18 KB, 320x213
>>345299782
And yet the quality actually went down in order to compete with other companies.
>>
>>345289160
probably Aquanauts
>>
>>345293416
haha I have the old version and that one looks like shit.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.