[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what's a trapper that can do some damage?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 201
Thread images: 24
File: evolve_2015_game-wide.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
evolve_2015_game-wide.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1600
So what's a trapper that can do some damage?
>>
all of them deal shitty damage
>>
>>345288193
fuck
>>
>>345288362
now that everyone can dome, the trapper is obsolete.
>>
There is so little places to hide as a monster
>>
crow has the least shittest damage
>>
>>345288503
I disagree. They're still the only ones with monster finding functions, global scan aside. I understand they even removed Bucket's head drone to this end. I haven't played many trappers but I feel Griffin's sound spikes are best for this so far
>>
>>345288503
>he doesn't stop monsters cold before they can hurt the medic/support character
>>
>>345287102
With the new changes the balance is completely fucked and Abe has become easily the best trapper. Can constantly keep the monster moving slow as well as keep track of it the entire game. I wish I had reasons to pick other trappers but now Abe is simply the best.
>>
>>345287102
CROW has the best damage but you need to be good with aim since it is pretty shitty weapon in terms of fire rate/handling.

Next comes ABE since shotgun is super-easy to handle and hard to miss

Maggie/Jack are the worst.
>>
File: bwahahaha.jpg (144 KB, 496x600) Image search: [Google]
bwahahaha.jpg
144 KB, 496x600
>>345287102
You want damage? Wasteland Maggie has fire with all her things.
Her burst SMG has fire, Daisy has a flamethrower, her harpoon ligts the Monster on fire.
Plain and simple ebonics, she fire.
>>
File: fucking this.jpg (3 KB, 126x122) Image search: [Google]
fucking this.jpg
3 KB, 126x122
>>345289454
>With the new changes the balance is completely fucked and Abe has become easily the best trapper. Can constantly keep the monster moving slow as well as keep track of it the entire game. I wish I had reasons to pick other trappers but now Abe is simply the best.

Correct. I've been telling this since day 0 Evulva went f2p. Some retard who were bragging about how he devastated something "ESL" whatever it is tried to argue with me kek
>>
>>345289560
Just posting this vid for the intro.
Hyde is the best hunter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7JhpL2vEjY
>>
File: Hyde.png (77 KB, 800x585) Image search: [Google]
Hyde.png
77 KB, 800x585
>>345290318
>mine dropper what fires missiles wif flame throwas on 'em
wasted potential
>>
>>345290318
>>345290574
Hyde is the best all around hunter since his main weapon Flamethrower less limited by the range than MArkov's yet still does A LOT of damage unlike any long-ranged from Parnell/LENNOX/Torvald

The minigun is decent too, the only debatable thing is poison grenades - they do little to none damage unlike OP landmines but at the same time they are easy to use/cover more ground.
>>
>>345290318
>This fucking intro conversation
Oh many this is fucking great

Meanwhile we also got this edgebot.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7tLir6YO3M
Gotta say tho that i like that fucker cuz he brings a bit of a twist in the conversations
>>
>>345291834
I love the convo between Slim and Abe when they start quoting movie lines and become best friends. Only heard it once though, and can't find any vids of it, it's the best one too ;_;
>>
>>345291834
That drone is fucking insane

>>345292580
It is actually quite common convo, heard it few times.

Banter like that is one of the greatest things Eolve has. More games need these.
>>
File: youshutyourwhoremouth.jpg (64 KB, 496x436) Image search: [Google]
youshutyourwhoremouth.jpg
64 KB, 496x436
>>345293045
>It is actually quite common convo
You stop lying! You stop that right now!
>>
File: 1466482881554.png (4 MB, 3020x2647) Image search: [Google]
1466482881554.png
4 MB, 3020x2647
Crow and Abe in theory
Waggie with DoT perks in practice
>>
>>345291834
>I HAVE HELLFIRE MISSLES AND THEY'RE COMING FOR YOUR MOM!
I laughed at this for some reason.
>>345293045
Yeah, banter's great.
Vermintide is another great example of it.
>>
>>345293178
Yes anon
4 characters that means 6 possible conversations
that means 15-16% chance to get convo with Slim and Abe

There ar no specific rarity for dialogues, they all are random
>>
>>345294698
You're forgetting every other character in the game as well who aren't Slim and Abe. Gotta factor them into your equation as well.
>>
>>345294849
Anon, are you retarded.
You start a game with SLIM and ABE in your party that means you have 100/60%chances to get the spoken convo
>>
>>345294937
pardon., 100/6
>>
>>345294937
Yeah but if 1 person chooses Slim and the Trapper isn't Abe you're fucked, and vice-versa. That's a bigger chance than getting the convo.
>>
>>345295046
start custom match and assemble your own hunter team? repeat 6 times?
>>
>>345289454
>Abe
>Best
Nigger, what?
>One mis-aimed Grenade means the Monster will be sailing off into the wild again
>Useful as fuck for combat, but so is any harpoon
>His tracking dart requires you to first SEE the fucker and then land a hit
>Shotgun does alright damage

In comparison to Griffin.
>Sound Spikes basically mean that after one loop at most, you'll always know where the monster is
>Harpoon gun means the monster literally can't jump away and will stay stuck until they deal with it, which unless it's an AI means they have to turn around and slap it, breaking their strides and then you have time to get another shot off assuming your team stops attacking
>Don't even need anything else with planetary scan
>>
>>345287102
Crow and Mcree slow the monster down.
>>
>>345295171
Sound Spikes are utterly useless (just like Jack's Sattelite) now that you have Planet Scanner. However, Abe' darts are utter OP because they don't just telegraph where monster is, they allow your team to plan more strategically where to catch it OR, if you are desperate, you can dome him and manage to avoid getting fucked 1vs1 while the rest of the team catching up.

Harpoon is utterly useless since just like with maggie's harpoon it takes one lazy swing for the monster to get free and then instantly soar away. Most of the people who are experienced as a Monster no longer just waste the hit but they also capable of combining the hit with the intent not just break free but to hit some hunter nearby. Harpoons in any way only usable against absolute noon monsters. Experienced players rejoice when hunter makes a terrible choice to pick up a trappe1r with harpoon.

As for:
>His tracking dart requires you to first SEE the fucker and then land a hit
And? I don't understand the problem with that, you constantly see fucker in the distance and the tracking dart gun has actually LONGEST shoot range except any rifles. It literally comes as a second long-range weapon in the game. And if you are terrible at mouse aim well sorry then no hunter will save faggot like you. In fact, quit any competitive FPS at once you failure.

>Shotgun does alright damage
Yes, it does. So what's your point? Did you just add it to make your pile of bulletin points make more solid? Because it only show how weak your augmentation is: ALL the hunters are bad at damage and it is pointless to try to bring this as an argument in any way.

>One mis-aimed Grenade means the Monster will be sailing off into the wild again

Just shows how terrible you are.
Sure, they are harder to use than Crow's stasis gun but they are more powerful than spoken gun.

You just suck as a trapper and that is.
>>
>>345296119
Additionally, Monster can't get rid of a dart but can break the spikes
>>
Crow 4 life
>>
File: 11.30.41.png (180 KB, 434x424) Image search: [Google]
11.30.41.png
180 KB, 434x424
>>345295141
To listen to one convo? I'm not autistic, sorry.
>>
>>345296473
You were autistic enough to look for it on YT and complain about lack of it ion 4chan:

>Only heard it once though, and can't find any vids of it, it's the best one too ;_;
>>
how to kill wraith?
>>
>>345287102
Griffin is definitely the best. Abe is good but griffin is a little better and more important in the team aspect. A good griffin can harpoon to slow down monsters and save teammates during attacks. Also, sound spikes put in strategic locations can basically tell you where the monster is no matter what. This is coming from somebody who's favorite characters are abe and griffin.
>>
>>345296654
alt+f4

You only have a chance of winning if the guy is a noob and your team is good enough to understand how to combat Wraith. Otherwise it is dead end.

Ignore all the bragging "I win every match against Wraith" here, it just really pathetic see these people lying on anonymous imageboard in the Internet (kek).

Wraith been OP since day0 she was introduced and still is. Most common mistake people still do is falling for Decoy. When she does that - you need to ignore the false copy and only look for the real version, otherwise she will be cycling like tthat in the arena, spawning Decoy and deluding you while Dome time is ticking.
However, knowing this won't really help you against a player who know how to play it. Once he notices you see through his trick he will change tactic: instead of running away he will be fighting alongside his decoy and concentrate on the same hunter that is being attacked by Decoy. This is where myth "Wraith is a no-damage dealer" quickly being debunked as she can easily KO the Assaulkt in one go and no medic can save it.

Basically there is no way around her tricks and your only chances are good team of hunters who can quickly capture her before evolving and monster player committing few common errors.

But if you ended up against someone who knows how to play as Wraith - your team skill does not matter at all.
>>
>>345296641
That makes it a unicorn, anon. It's special to me, it's elusive. If I wanted to listen to all the convos I'd do what you say and create custom lobbies, or watch the vids online.
Other anons posted vids of their convos, am I not allowed to want to post mine? Or is it that I spent a few minutes searching for a vid that probably doesn't exist make you think that searching for things makes people autistic?
>>
>>345297557
Harpoons are the best wraith buster. Griffin hitting a wraith with a harpoon is basically a gg unless the wraith is really really good.
>>
File: smug non-asnime face.jpg (2 KB, 93x125) Image search: [Google]
smug non-asnime face.jpg
2 KB, 93x125
>>345297593
>Other anons posted vids of their convos, am I not allowed to want to post mine?
we rebbit now
>>
>>345288704
Having played Abe, Griffin, and Maggie I can also safely say that Griffin by far has the best monster finding ability, as well as best kit overall. He's a beast. Make sure to switch to the rifle instead of reloading the harpoon, as Evolve auto-reloads.
>>
>>345297659
Harpoons are utterly useless against Wraith, it is a common myth.

In the battle, you hardly see Wraith being in one place enough for Maggie harpoons to be useful. As for Griffin, she is fasr enough to vagiate in dome from one end to another in half of a second and if it is particularly complex terrain Griffin will never catch up with her .Remember, you need to be on solid ground to use Griffin's harpoon otherwise it just won't stick in 90% of the time (but you still can shoot it weird they never fixed it).
And the worst part is that she can move while in her attacking Nova state and it take only one hit to break any trap bound which means she never actually wastes any hit to free themselves if by some miracle you managed to catch her in harpoon.

So yeah, as I said it is pointless
>>
>>345296119
>Sound Spikes are utterly useless (just like Jack's Sattelite) now that you have Planet Scanner.
Do you even /know/ what the sound spikes are like m8? They pinpoint the monster's location reliably, and at a distance. As compared to Abe's much less functional (but still quite nice) tracking, which the monster can shake by running off far enough.

>Harpoon is utterly useless since just like with maggie's harpoon it takes one lazy swing for the monster to get free and then instantly soar away.
That's why you harpoon outside it's optimal attack arch you utter retard.
>>
>>345297970
You sound like a shitter. I've never had problems with harpooning wraith and it's harder for her to break the chain than it is for most monsters.
>>
>>345298003
>Do you even /know/ what the sound spikes are like m8? They pinpoint the monster's location reliably, and at a distance. As compared to Abe's much less functional (but still quite nice) tracking, which the monster can shake by running off far enough.
Yes, I know, I played Griffin before. His Sound Spikes have a very limited range that is marked on the map.
I don't understand the point of your remark, it is not a counter-argument to my statement.

>That's why you harpoon outside it's optimal attack arch you utter retard.
You are the one who is retard because you failed to read. I never said anything about Monster hitting trapper, Feel free to re-read.
>>
>>345298125
>I've never had problems with harpooning wraith
kek
Are you the same "I won against multiple ESL champions" guy?

Please tell us more stories about how cool are you, we are all eager to listen to random anon cool stories on 4chan.

They all totally true!
>>
>>345298182
His sound spikes are god tier especially on the smaller maps. I find you can get almost more than 50% of the map covered which basically pinpoints the monsters location. I find harpooning into the back of a monster a good way to make it so they have to completely turn around and attack your chain which saves a teammate from getting that same attack.

>>345298248
I'm not great at this game but I mean I find wraith easier to harpoon than a speedy kraken. Wraith has been nerfed constantly and isn't even the best monster right now I don't understand what you're going on about with it being unbeatable, it's strange. I came across a guy who thought kraken was unbeatable today too, it's wierd. It's commonly known that the hunters are more powerful than all the monsters right now and it's been that way for a while. A competent team of equal skill to the monster player the hunters will always win.
>>
Hey /v/ coming back to this game. Had something like 70 hours before I quit. Are the buff spawns the same? I remember being able to just know the buff locations and 1v4 the hunters once they drop out of the ship waiting for them. Is it still possible if you know what you are doing or monsters got nerfed to hell?
>>
>>345299032
Certain albinos don't spawn until later in the game.
You can get the ravager from the beginning but the sloth doesn't spawn until like ten minutes in.
>>
>>345288503
>everyone can dome
Are you serious? Atleast on release the game was balanced fuck
>>
>>345298627
>His sound spikes are god tier especially on the smaller maps.
Sure, make me a list of these smaller maps where they can be useful. I know only one: The Dam

>I find you can get almost more than 50% of the map covered which basically pinpoints the monsters location
if you have a luxury to strategically pin-point your Spikes while chasing the monster, especially someone like Kraken or Wraith - believe me you don't even need to do so because apparently the Monster is utter retard and you can kill him blindfolded. In other case he is already stage 2 and ready to stage up while you were taking your sweet time to be useful Griffin kek. People like you is the reason I'm 10/10 Monster wins in Ranking Matches.

>>345298627
>Wraith has been nerfed constantly and isn't even the best monster right now I don't understand what you're going on about with it being unbeatable, it's strange.
Oh, anon, I don't know.
Let me think about it for a second.
Oh right.
May be the fact questions like that:
>>345296654
constantly pop-up not just in Anonymous Image Board web-sites but also official Steam forums and TurtleRock Talk Conference? it is one of the most common topic and you often see people just leave the game when Monster is Wraith.

But feel free to prove me wrong. Evolve is fp2 now. Make a throwaway account and go win against Wraith with pubbers, record the games. Then assemble the team of people you know and I will let you know a guy who is good (just go,d not even god tier, he just knows how to play as her that is...) at Wraith. Since I'm generous you will have infinite amount of tries to win against him until he gets vored with another set of pretentious hunters kek.

it is not easy to pull off in out age of interwebs, c'mon
>>
>>345299032
There's a general (/evog/) now too btw.
>>
File: 1451537407757.png (50 KB, 177x194) Image search: [Google]
1451537407757.png
50 KB, 177x194
>graphics card went kaput and have to wait for an email back from sapphire to see if they'll cover it on warranty

Favorite support while I could play was Sunny, do pubs understand what the jetpack beam does yet?
>>
>>345299303
No it wasn't and its death proves so.
It was a borefest - it turns out people find it annoying to chase the monster around the map constantly until finally trapper will catch up and manages to catch the monster with first try
>>
Abe does good damage and is overall one of the best Trappers.
>>
>>345299343
Not as useful as Hank's shield though
>>
>>345299323
I've won most my games against wraith it's been nerfed the hardest but I'm going to give up trying to convince you because you will just leave when you get matched against a wraith player anyway because you are shitty (you probably even like to play as slim and kala LMFAO). Go to evog and try making a post like this and see how you fare because their autism won't rest knowing your wrong like mine will.
>>
File: Ga1dalU.jpg (967 KB, 5520x3360) Image search: [Google]
Ga1dalU.jpg
967 KB, 5520x3360
Griffin's best hunter IMO. Having him, Hank, and Val can be a nightmare for the monster. You're trying to kill the medic who's being shielded and whenever you try to get to her, Griffin can stop you mid traversal.

Anyway, Have some concept art.
>>
>>345299581
>but I'm going to give up trying to convince you
As expected
No that you could.
>>
>>345299568
Sunny is better than Hank with a good team, Hank just carries retards better than Sunny.
>>
>>345299639
Remember it's because you are too close minded and your only argument is
>Everybody complains this character is too hard so it is waaah
Even when presented with ways to counter said character, have fun slim!
>>
>>345299641
Nope.
With Hank + relaod bonus you can constantly shield all your teammates. once the manual shield depleted you can use Ability the a little bit of cutter and switch back to manual Shield again due to fast recharge rate. In most cases no one will ever get a strike in your team.
>>
>>345299756
And Sunny can do weaker shields while giving Jetpack boosts.
Sunny is better with a good team, Hank is better at carrying retards who can't dodge.
>>
>>345299621
>Francis: I hate monsters
Nice.
>>
>>345299836
Nope, Hank is better in both cases and in good team he is god tier. Does not matter what Stage monster is. Might as well wait beside the relay and crack jokes for few minutes until Monster shows up.
>>
>>345299621
>now that Evolve went into desperate f2p we will never see even half of the remaining concepts
>>
>>345299621
Hyde used to be a monster
still is
>>
>>345300325
Most likely just different race/alien like SLIM (altho SLIM just has altered DNA)

We do kinda have Monster - that support woman forgot her name, she has monster DNA and will turn eventually
>>
>>345300734
Kala. Nobody likes
kala, whiny cunt she is.
>>
File: wraith loop.webm (3 MB, 838x720) Image search: [Google]
wraith loop.webm
3 MB, 838x720
I want to do lewd things to wraith
>>
>>345301023
I dunno anon I'm kinda curious what is between her legs now, after mutation.

somewhat weird alien baginas is my fetish
>>
>>345301218
>that waist wiggle and movement
sexy beast she is and she knows it
>>
>>345301023
Man, I love Kala's design and concept. I'm not entirely sold on her kit yet though, it seems like her shield-removing ability is redundant? Outside of finishing a wounded monster off, or getting more crucial damage on low HP monsters it seems like most fights will eventually remove the shield of the monster anyway, making it useless.

The teleporters are also extremely hit & miss, with a focus on the latter. Nobody ever utilizes Kala's teleporter, it's rare for even herself to do so at my level of play. And it's not just communication, trying to encourage people through voice usually doesn't work.
>>
>>345302090
>it seems like her shield-removing ability is redundant?
The point is to make staging of the monster useless since when it reaches stage 3 it just a matter of time for him to wipe out whole team and this time being dictated by health bar length. Direct damage to healthbar make final fight easier.

That is in theory.
>>
>>345302090
>The teleporters are also extremely hit & miss, with a focus on the latter. Nobody ever utilizes Kala's teleporter, it's rare for even herself to do so at my level of play. And it's not just communication, trying to encourage people through voice usually doesn't work.
That too.

It really just the matter of good team work when you and your team have a working set of tactics with her onboard. In pubs she is uselsss
>>
>>345303439
If you directly damage the health bar, the dome goes down faster. You could argue that it's easier to 'win' a dome that way, but it's high risk since you're sacrificing the equivalent of Hank's or Sunny's shield in order to do so.

At the end of the day the dome goes down just as early anyway, and bypassing the armor just /saves the monster time/ so that if he loses, he just loses quicker, and can have more time to feed and evolve for the stage 3 fight.
>>
>>345287102
Abe partnered with Parnell and Val are absolute mad men
>>
>>345291834
>that literal u wot m8
Hyde BEST hunter
>>
>>345303759
>If you directly damage the health bar, the dome goes down faster. You could argue that it's easier to 'win' a dome that way, but it's high risk since you're sacrificing the equivalent of Hank's or Sunny's shield in order to do so.
My point is to have monster with little HP at the end even if at stage 3. He HAS to go for relay and you don't need to use dome until all his armor depleted. THEN you can dome him and since he already has low HP it makes things rather easy from now on
>>
I've been playing Evolve since it went f2p and I've been loving it so far. I'm also getting better with every match. However, I still don't understand everything. Maybe some founders / more experienced players could help?

>How does the timer work? I know it's paused when the monster is domed, but sometimes it seems to be paused randomly.
>What dictates how long the dome is going to hold? I know there's a timer, but I've yet to see a dome last for the entirety of its timer. Is it damage against the hunters? Or damage against the monster?
>How do teleporters work? How do I use a teammate's teleporter?
>>
>>345306323
Dome lasts until either the monster's shield breaks and you get a few licks in, or when something like two hunters are downed, whichever comes first.
>>
>>345306323
>>How does the timer work? I know it's paused when the monster is domed, but sometimes it seems to be paused randomly.
You mean match timer? It is going on as long as you don't fight the monster. Once you engage it in the battle it stops.

>How do teleporters work? How do I use a teammate's teleporter?
Kala's teleporter? Dunny myself never bothered really
>>
Should I play Warframe or Evolve?
>>
File: 1463622621652.jpg (17 KB, 429x399) Image search: [Google]
1463622621652.jpg
17 KB, 429x399
>>345306323
>>How does the timer work?
When the Hunters are within a certain range and damage the Monster the timer pauses; OR!!! when the Monster deals damage to the Hunters the timer pauses.
>>What dictates how long the dome is going to hold?
When the Monster takes a certain amount of HP damage (4% at lvl 1, 6.5% at lvl 2, 8% at lvl 3) the dome drops; OR!!! if a Hunter is downed, 3.5 minutes is taken off the dome timer.
>>How do teleporters work?
Think of Portal (or Portal 2). The purple teleporter goes to the orange teleporter and vice-versa. Any Hunter can go through them, and the Monster can destroy them after a few hits.
Dunno how people don't understand teleporters... I feel like there's more to that question.
>>
jklghhgk
>>
so is there any reason not to play griffin? the harpoon seems pretty good for helping teammates not die and the sound spikes seem good for tracking him. what's better?
>>
>>345307610
Warfarm has more content that you can solo the majority of
>>
>>345308590
I think Abe and Griffin are about on equal footing. Griffin has a bit more utility, while Abe does a bit more damage.
>>
>>345301218
Isn´t it semi-confirmed from Karla that Monsters are just humans who got fucked / from another dimension?
I never understand any of the stupid bio talk Karla and Caira do on the dropship.
>>
>>345308852
Wraith was clearly a humanoid female at some point, soo....
>>
>>345308680
Which is more fun?
>>
>>345291389
>poison bombs
>bad
>minigun
>good
my average game I get 4-6k damage with the bomb and maybe 100 damage with the minigun. you need to throw the bombs when they're up and throw them to where the monster will be, not where it is. the only time you should use the minigun is to take potshots after a dome when the monster runs even then you should still use the flamethrower and jet pack boosts as much as possible though.

for perks use bronze item swap and silver+gold poison rounds.
>>
Your ideas for a new monster?
Your expectations on the Wraith Variation?
When can I finally play as Behemoth?
>>
>>345309048
Dont pay attention to that faggot, warframe its fucking horrible at its core
>>
>>345309048
Considering you're not at the mercy of your team in Warfarm, it has objectively more fun points. Games aren't even similar, though. Well, apart from both being online shooters with grind
>>
>>345309190
And Evolve's better?
>>
>>345296654
attack it's weak point for massive damage.
>>
>>345309261
just try both and see what you like. some people like warframe and some hate it, same with evolve. they're both free to play so why the hell not just dl them both
>>
>>345309261
Its more fun thats for sure, it suffers from the same problem of no endgame but its acceptable since its a pvp game
>>
File: 1465261841749.jpg (116 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1465261841749.jpg
116 KB, 700x700
>>345309261
this >>345309479
>>
>>345308852
Do you mean Kala? She's a scientist who spliced DNA into herself, and has a monster hivemind talking to her. If I remember there's a good chance the monsters learn as much from her, as she does from them, in that the monsters are able to perceive through her human eye.

The monsters themselves I think are all extradimensional beings with a common hivemind, very similar to lovecraft.
>>
File: 1295967779823.jpg (20 KB, 257x220) Image search: [Google]
1295967779823.jpg
20 KB, 257x220
>>345291834
Oh fuck i'm dying.
>>
>>345309856
Yeah Kala, sorry. I know her general backstory, it´s just the reason why the DNA thing even worked in the first place had me thinking tha the Monsters are VERY similar to humans.
I just don´t understand all this Whatshisnames Effects mentioned here:
https://youtu.be/NlvtrK8qIj4?t=16m
I am just guessing that they are implying it is something similar to Human DNA
>>
>>345310185
Basically the Patterson equations were a revolutionary breakthrough that effectively allowed humans to generate power in violation of the law of conservation of energy. Kala managed to map the monsters DNA, by applying the Patterson Equations to it, which she states, multiple times, makes zero sense and shouldn't even be possible.
The Monsters pop up and go straight for Patterson Generators and Power Relays, but will ignore anything else that doesn't get in their way.
The Monsters DNA isn't actually similar to Human DNA, but it can adapt and restructure itself to anything, in any environment. All the Monsters have identical DNA, Wraith, Gorgon etc. All the same.
>>
>>345310768
So the wraith is sexy because...?
>>
>>345291834
EMET voice lines are great but that fucking noice that he does when the demon core talks drives me insane
>>
>>345310768
Oh so that is the reason why the Monsters goal is to destroy the Generator.
I always thought it made little sense that these monsters should care about some power relay.
>>
>>345311492
Yep. Basically, what's most likely is that the Patterson Generators/Relays are pulling energy from an alternate universe, which the monsters are native to. They get pissy when people jack their energy.
>>
File: laughing elf.jpg (222 KB, 748x543) Image search: [Google]
laughing elf.jpg
222 KB, 748x543
>>345291834
>emet and crow conversation
Im in tears
>>
File: 34497.jpg (11 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
34497.jpg
11 KB, 320x180
E.M.E.T. is cute and very helpful, I won´t let anyone say otherwise.
>>
>>345311957
You should hear the Crow/Kala one. Crow is based as fuck.
https://youtu.be/NlvtrK8qIj4?t=939
>>
>>345312170
Would you let him fuck you?
>>
>>345309856
>>345310185
>>345310768
That's incorrect.
Monster's DNA isn't exactly DNA in pure sense, it is HNA - an artificial or what you can call man-made DNA. She did not "map" anything out of think air, she applied Patterson's to the complete DNA structure to isolate HNA pattern. She then injected spoken core pattern into her own DNA to try to generate anti-pattern I guess? Whatever, it was retarded.

It is nowhere mentioned in the game but so far community deducted that the reason Monster go for the source power and life on the planet for human -- Power Relays -- is because it is programmed into their DNA. And why would you program something like that into biological DNA? That's right, when you make a biological weapon.

First few planets (including Maggie's one) that were/are being wiped out by Monsters is just a test how it works. So far it's been working perfectly.
>>
>>345312771
I would let him CRAWL INTO MY ASSHOLE AND BLOW HIMSELF UP
>>
>>345312838
So Pacific Rim, basically?
>>
>>345313159
in pacific rim the monsters were sent specifically to destroy humanity to allow the aliens that made them to take over the planet. in evolve the theory is that the humans are taking shit from the monsters and the monsters want to stop it.
>>
How does the monster ever win? All the gameplay I've seen the healers shit out hp like crazy.
>>
>>345314549
Monsters usually don't win unless the Hunters suck. That's why nobody has Monster as their first preference at higher levels.
>>
>>345314549
Focus on the Medics? I dunno, most of the time I play Monsters the Medics can´t keep up the healing forever, they eventually crack and that is when you need to bring the hammer down.
Catch Hunters off-guard, try to lure them into better fighting grounds etc.
>>
File: Hank.png (219 KB, 1099x309) Image search: [Google]
Hank.png
219 KB, 1099x309
>>345315075
>most of the time I play Monsters the Medics can´t keep up the healing forever

'cause you've never played against a decent Hank or Sunny.
>>
>>345315175
That is probably true that I mostly played against shitters, but in this case just focus on the Support first?
I´d say almost all Monsters have ways to divide the Hunter group and/or to single out a single hunter.
>>
>>345287102

The fuck are you guys saying, I always deal around 7k-8k damage as Maggie.

Wasteland Maggie can't dps for shit tho
>>
>>345315339
Most Medics have significantly more healing on targets other than themselves (only Caira is really any kind of exception to this). So focus on the Medic, and the Support keeps them up, focus on the Support, and the Medic keeps them up.
This is why Monster winrates drop enormously at higher levels. At "competitive" levels, Monster winrate is very nearly 0.
>>
>>345315175
So, regular Hank or Tech Sgt. Hank?
>>
>>345316037
Regular Hank for pubs, either for premades.
>>
>>345316065
>Regular Hank for pubs
Shouldn't it be the other way around since orbital barrage knocks back friendlies
>>
>>345316204
Regular Hank has stronger shields, Tech Hank has better DPS.
>>
>>345316303
I dunno, i found Tech Hank to be better in pubs since no one waits for anyone and overall it's a clusterfuck. Just shield everyone and shoot shit
>>
>>345313159
Not really, no aliens here.

Just old good hoomans trying to to retarded things
>>
File: 20160713171744_1.jpg (259 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160713171744_1.jpg
259 KB, 1920x1080
I'll just post this.
>>
>>345317023
Abe is really fucking good. Griffin has better clutch saves though, since a well timed Harpoon can waste a Monsters traversal and save your healer, whereas stasis grenades can't.
>>
>>345317023
How the fuck
>>
>>345317152
Easy just don't be terrible

I neevr did 16k yet but was around 11-12
>>
>>345291389
>less limited than markov
you know markov can hit monster from half a dome away right
hyde is still garbage and has a gun that's only slightly more reliable than torvald's artillery
>>
>>345318217
>hyde is still garbage
TOXIC GRENADES
>>
>>345318217
Not to forget Markovs mines are pretty good and a gift from heaven if it comes to a Relay Fight.
>>
File: first time player.jpg (111 KB, 1029x311) Image search: [Google]
first time player.jpg
111 KB, 1029x311
Post ranks.

Also
>playing as a trapper/crow
>assault keep shouting: TRAPPER WHAT ARE YOU DOING STOP GOING FORWARD AND SHOOTING HIM LET THE DAMAGE DEALER DO THAT
>mfw retard does not understand what stasis gun is

Fucking pub
>>
>>345319205
I am spreading out my characters way too much, my highest are Wraith and EMET on ~18 or something.

Also am I doing it right as Crow when I constantly switch guns and fire a charged shot at the monster?
>>
No single hunter seems to click with me, I wish there was kind of practice mode where I could quickly swap between hunters to see how they compare without being locked into a 15min hunt.....
>>
>>345319696
You could just play Practice and quit out I guess?
That said they really need to bring back these Tutorial Videos, or at least let us look at the skillset outside a match.
Looking at and upgrading perks outside matchmaking would be also great.
>>
>>345291834
>his conversation with Bucket

Bucket is fucking adorable. Wish he wasn't total garbage.
>>
>>345319696
>I wish there was kind of practice mode where I could quickly swap between hunters to see how they compare without being locked into a 15min hunt.....

You mean Practice mode?
>>
>>345320363
No, thinking more like overwatch's practice mode where you could quickly swap hunters
>>
>>345319397
Yep, charged shot from Stasis then either normal shots or charged shot from kinetic gun.

It does not really matter though if you go for the health of armor. First will make it easier in future second will make it faster for the team to be able to do HP damage.

Also, only CROW and CABOT can one-handedly kill Monster when he has little Hp but full armor
>>
>>345291389
Anyone who tells you that Parnell isn't the best hunter is absolutely a monster player on a sick win streak who wants to keep it going.

Doom Guy > all the other assaults
>>
>>345320709
I like Mecha Granny the most, but Lennox sucks against anything that is not Goliath and his fiery cousin.
I am guessing she is good against Behemoth, too.
>>
I spent my coins to unlock Bucket and Tech Hank. Did i go good?
>>
>>345321392
No, Bucket is garbage and Tech Hank is jsut a worse version of regular Hank.
>>
>>345321392
>buying bucket when he's the 4th day login reward
>>
>>345321575
What? No he's not
>>
>>345321454
Bucket is pretty good with his Class Skill Recharge.
And Tech Hank is fine with his shields.
>tfw waiting as Wraith at the drop ship landing and giving Tech Hanks a super early strike
>>
First thing I do now before match starts - mute every single faggot

Fuck pubbers
>>
>>345321719
Mmmm yes he is.
>>
>>345321810
yet to meet a pub who isn't russian :/
>>
>>345321719
Yes he was...
You've missed it tho

>>345321732
>there are still retards who not just spapming ability button during the drop-down animation

Eventually they will learn
>>
>>345321893
Sucks to live in EU, huh.

Asia and America never have a chance to meet these fuckers because Evovle never let EU/RU ip connect to any non-EU servers
>>
>>345322004
fuckers!
>>
>>345321575
Oh is this why all these "next big bonus" are just measy 500 Keys for me?
That always confused me, especially when the next day was a 1k bonus and that was not mentioned.
>>
>>345322321
it is always mentioned
>>
>>345321719
He is but since you bought him the reward probably changed to something else.
>>
>>345324367
Not when you already have them / were a founder I guess
>>
Oh hell this games is free now?
Almost bought it a while back for 20 usd, glad I didn't
Can't wait to play for 4 hours and get bored
>>
>>345324949
in your case all of this irrelevant you already have 80% of content
>>
>>345320484
You can...literally hit the corresponding number in a custom hunt match
>>
>>345325636
It is not
It means he is getting a lot less value out of the daily bonus
>>
File: piece of shit.jpg (75 KB, 316x491) Image search: [Google]
piece of shit.jpg
75 KB, 316x491
>there are still nerds who think Goliath is bad
>>
So is this shit ever coming to console or what
>>
>>345327562
It is since last year
>>
>>345326740
No he isn't
he is already received all the bonuses
+ he has 27 silver keys
he can buy the rest and make it 100%
>>
>>345327273
I just don't like how he controls. I much prefer Gorgon
>>
>>345327273
I have the most fun with Goliath
Wraith and Gorgon are too OP for pubs and I am super bad with Kraken
>>
>>345332335
>I am super bad with Kraken

I feel you there, I always fuck up and end up doing the close range AOE from across the arena
>>
Am founder, have 32k silver keys, what buy?
>>
>>345335930
golden perks
you have most characters
>>
>>345335930
Behemoth soon when he finally comes out?
And then just wait for new Hunters/Monsters or their variations.
I think some variations at least are already confirmed.
>>
>>345287102
the trappers don't deal very good damage
but if you want to deal some damage on the side
go for crow or abe, they are the best for it
>>
>>345337782
>Behemoth soon when he finally comes out?
Anon are you retarded?
>>
>>345338573
If you don´t already have him you can´t even buy him right now.
Are you retarded?
>>
>>345338839
You can
>>
>>345339054
Wut? How and where?
>>
>>345339271
Oh yeah sorry

In the latest patch there are notes that it is still being balanced
should be up next week
>>
>>345288193
>>345288503
>>345288658
>>345289472
>>345289560

>What is Abe

That 45s dart

that stasis slow

that long range shotgun

>What is Crow

Gobi is now better than ever

Long range directed stasis slow

Long range armor penetrating sniper

>What is griffin

That amazing harpoon

That long range constant damage smg

SOUND SPIKES

Trappers aren't as needed as before, yes.
But they are not worthless by any means.
>>
Trappers are meant to annoy and nerf the monsters movement in addition to finding it.
So they are still important. They are not meant to do damage. If you wanna do that play Assault.
>>
>>345300325
>Hyde. You're not gonna eat slim, are you?
>Why? You think he would be tasty?
>Hyde!
>>
>>345287102
Is Evolve atleast worth a try or is it frustratingwithout paying or playing 50 hours?
>>
>>345343352
Nigga is fucking free, download it and try it
>>
File: 1410779129701.jpg (31 KB, 896x349) Image search: [Google]
1410779129701.jpg
31 KB, 896x349
>game is good, weeds out the fucking casuals. takes some actual goddamn skill
>is shit on mercilessly because muh deelsee

>game becomes literal fucking f2p garbage, get fucked like tf2, utterly fucking bent over and ruined. literally hand-holding toddler-tier changes, removal of modes and content.
>praised, people eat TRS's shit. it's cool now. nobody's being called fucking shills.

I want to fucking murder all of you.
>>
>>345343832
Suicide first please
>>
>>345343832
Shit of the bulll

I played closed alpha
I played open alpha
I played open beta
I pre-ordered in 2014

Game (back then) turns into borefest very quickly after 30+ hrs

That's why msot of the players left it

Lack of modes + the most strongest mode was boring

Not even the dlc fest scared them

fuck off
>>
>>345343832
At least now fights happen more often, and the game is not a total borefest for the hunters if the monsters knows what is up.
>>
>>345346015
>shilling any version of the game

now that's cuck.
>>
>>345347913

>>negative opinions about the game
>>'shilling'

wew lad, close call! You were almost smart for a second!
>>
how can you lose with the monster? I mean seriously, unless you are against a premade, you will always win, unless you're retarded.
>>
>>345348497
At lower levels it is always Monster > Hunter
The higher you go the more it will turn to a Monster < Hunter
>>
>>345348497
I've seen bad monsters, and i've been thoroughly raped in less than a minute by good monsters with probably maxed perks
>>
>>345348497
Rogue Val is OP as fuck.
>>
>>345347525
>all of my games as the monster have had one fight in them, with me getting to stage 2 before being found by the hunters.
>>
>>345350564
You are at Stage 2 in like 3 to 5 minutes, it goes super fast.
In "Stage 1" the Monster would simply vanish from the map for 15 minutes to half an hour and then just facerape the hunter group who just stumbled around the map for that time.
>>
File: 1468127944377.jpg (78 KB, 419x610) Image search: [Google]
1468127944377.jpg
78 KB, 419x610
>>345312838
>A problem of mine isn't working
>I'll just jam in a fucking equation that nobody understands in our universe for shits and giggles
>It works
The fuck is this lore
>>
>>345351741
Well, at first nobody understood Einstein's equations as well. This happens with every breakthrough.
>>
How the fuck do you stop dying as a hunter
Thread replies: 201
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.