[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>all other characters updated to their latest looks >Zelda
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 9
File: smash_link_big.jpg (450 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
smash_link_big.jpg
450 KB, 1280x720
>all other characters updated to their latest looks
>Zelda characters are completely untouched and left in their Twilight Princess designs because Sakurai can't stand characters from the same franchise having different designs and/or didn't want to replace Ganondorf and Sheik with Ghirahim and Impa

So many stupid decisions made in Smash 4, thank God that Iwata's gone so he won't be begging Sakurai to work on Smash 5.
>>
>>345281236
Because SS Link would look more like Toon Link. Keeping Link at updated TP provides more contrast betwwen him and WW Link. Faggot.
>>
>>345282054
The styles are nothing alike, and that's an even more retarded reason.
>>
If he updated the designs to Skyward Sword, he'd have to give their hideous enormous lips their own hit boxes.

Also

>replacing the actual iconic Zelda villain who has been around since the first game with the most disliked asspull in the franchise's history
>>
>>345282361
Wouldn't that be Demise?
>>
>>345281236
>because Sakurai can't stand characters from the same franchise having different designs and/or didn't want to replace Ganondorf and Sheik with Ghirahim and Impa

Uh no

Because Twilight Princess is the superior design
>>
>>345283684
Nah, if he wanted superior he should have stayed with the OoT design. Or waited a year to start making Smash 4 so he could have used the Hyrule Warriors designs.

Also, he changed Samus to her MOM design, so he obviously doesn't know anything about taste.
>>
>>345284138
Might as well replace Toon Link for Link Between Worlds Link

He's from a newer game after all and fills the same niche.

:^)
>>
Dumb post
>>
>>345284383
Toon Link represents the Toon games. ALBW Link is a different Link altogether, if he was going to be in he'd be the third Link. OoT, TP, and SS are all part of the "older more serious Zelda" trilogy, so their designs are interchangeable for that Link.
>>
TP is still in because it's still most popular modern Zelda. That game is still kind of the current marketing face of the series, buy a Zelda T-shirt, wallet, or what have you and odds are it has the TP logo on it.
>>
>>345285142
>it's still most popular modern Zelda

I thought it was the least popular. When did everyone stop liking Ocarina?
>>
File: 1414623152067.jpg (136 KB, 419x419) Image search: [Google]
1414623152067.jpg
136 KB, 419x419
>>345281236
They went with the Twilight Princess looks because that's when Link and Zelda looked their best. How do you not get it?
>>
>>345285427

>TP
>least popular

It's the second best selling game in the series, maybe even first after HD's release.
>>
>>345284956
Nah Toon Link represents the kid Link of Zelda. That's why he replaced Young Link from Melee.

:^)
>>
>>345285850
He replaced Young Link to represent Wind Waker since the serious adult Zeldas already had Link.
>>
>>345286617
But that's just a theory
>>
>>345287530
A GAAY THEORY!
>>
>>345284138
Samus in smash 4 looks slick and not like garbage despite being the based off the MoM design. Waiting a year for one character's design to be used when they already have one that's good enough is absurd
>>
>>345288067
If Smash really is going to be for promoting things, then they should use EVERYONE's latest designs. They did it for all the other characters, so why not Zelda? The only reason is because Ganondorf and Sheik weren't in Skyward Sword, and Sakurai didn't want to make Link and Zelda SS while leaving those two TP.
>>
Could be as simple as making OoT Link and hell, even ALttP Link as alternate colors.

But Sakurai is a lazy duck so it would never ever happen. Make alternate costumes like trash like Street Fighter does, but leave the jewery aside and don't charge money for cosmetics.
Being ballsy, I think people would even dish out dosh for costume packs if they're good enough. It's ridiculous how Wario actually lost colors for the arbitrary rule that everyone has to have 8 and only 8 alternates.
>>
>>345288537
>They did it for all the other characters
Most of the characters in the roster haven't had new designs since the 90s. Ike is the only veteran character to have gotten any major overhaul.
>>
I'd personally like for Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf to get original designs that incorporate elements from a few of their other looks.

Sheik, I'd like to see return to her OoT look. She's a little too "OC" to me. Same with ZS Samus.
>>
File: image.jpg (279 KB, 480x686) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
279 KB, 480x686
>>345281236
But they are updated to recent incarnations
>>
>>345290762
Ports =/= latest design.

If Smash 4 does get ported to the NX, I want Link to look like BotW Link. Zelda and Ganondorf can look like their BotW or HW designs, and Sheik can be HW or remain Brawl.
>>
>>345291073
Autistic
>>
>>345291073
>you will never be this triggered over Twilight Princess designs
>>
>>345291370
>>345291314
I'm so sorry that I'm sick of the same thing for two games, just like I'm sick of the same fucking Melee stages for THREE fucking games.
>>
Honestly, it would be kinda cool if they had "Smash" designs like Roy does.
>>
>>345284138
>Or waited a year to start making Smash 4 so he could have used the Hyrule Warriors designs
I enjoy those designs but no. You're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>345281236
Why the fuck do you want the latest designs? Most of them are shit compared to old ones.
>>
>>345289262
And even then, it was a design FROM one of his actual games. Brawl used his younger PoR design and Sm4sh used his older DoR design. It was kind of a clever choice given that now he's a Smash veteran.
>>
>>345281236
Twilight Princess is the most recent game with Zelda, Link, and Ganondorf in the same game. It's a consistency thing.
>>
>>345281236
>because Sakurai can't stand characters from the same franchise having different designs and/or didn't want to replace Ganondorf and Sheik with Ghirahim and Impa
Oh great more mindless cynicism on the Video Game's board...
ever heard of a fucking design choice?
>>
>Zelda cast still in shitty TP design
>StarFox duo still in shitty Command design

I'd have been okay with Sakurai waiting until the NX so he could use Breath of the Wind/Hyrule Warriors and StarFox Zero's designs.
>>
File: 1468446085884.png (618 KB, 600x611) Image search: [Google]
1468446085884.png
618 KB, 600x611
>>345284138
>my opinion is the truth
>>
>>345284138
Of course he's going to use the MOM design.
If you haven't noticed, the designs are usually updated to be more in keeping with recent games. Whether that game was well recieved is also totally irrelevant. Smash always treats things equally in that respect. The Zelda crew just happen to not be updated to their SS design, but, this might be to ensure that all the Zelda characters are of the same style, or might just be because TP is one of the best selling Zelda games.
>>
>>345285427
Because OoT honestly isn't that great. It's good and aged well but it was only ever regarded as the best because it was A. the first 3D Zelda, B. it was many people's FIRST Zelda, and C. it was also many people's ONLY Zelda.

Really, TP did just about everything OoT did but better. The only significant mark against TP was the overly long and boring tutorial but after that, it had better items, more clever dungeons, and better combat. Oh, and before anybody bitches about the open world with nothing to do, OoT had the exact same fucking problem but worse. At least TP's Hyrule Field looked pretty instead of being a giant completely empty field.
>>
File: image.jpg (73 KB, 905x485) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73 KB, 905x485
>>345291990
>>
>>345281236
>not using SS designs is in any way bad
wew lad, I'd prefer they stuck to OoT but this is at least okay
>>
>>345291565
Why are you so mad about a stage? A fucking stage.
>>
>>345292957
I remember how much /v/ hated TP when it came out and only cared about Midna's hips, saying Link's design was hideous. Funny how that immediately 180'd when Skyward Sword came out and TP was praised as the greatest game ever.
>>
>>345293113
>A stage

Are you blind, have a really bad memory, or are trolling? All of the Melee stages that were in Brawl came back in 4, the exact same ones, instead of using different Melee stages. THREE games in a row. Laziness on top of stupidity.
>>
>>345293303
It was probably just easy to port them, they probably wouldn't have been there but it could be like Dark Pit and Lucina
>>
>>345293132
/v/ is a bunch of contrarian hipsters? The devil, you say!
>>
I'm more pissed off about the fact that all the songs are like two minutes and they're all either rehashes of shit we've already heard or ripped from other games.

Same for the trophies. All of Melee's trophies were basically original. It was amazing seeing characters that hadn't even had a game since the 80's in 3D. I want to see what that shit would look like in Sm4sh. Instead they just rip it from other games, so we already know what to expect when we get it.
>>
>>345293132

Link's TP design is still hideous though.

HW Link is better in every way.
>>
Why not have TP/SS/HW/whatever designs all as alternate costumes?
>>
>>345282361
>the most disliked asspull in the franchise's history
Crazy Zant? TP Ganondorf?
>>
>>345294043
Because some bullshit Sakurai excuse.
Yet it's okay to have all of the Koopalings as alts.
>>
>>345293847
This. There are some awesome remixes, but for every good one there's three shitty ones. Also,

>EIGHT Jungle Hijinx remixes on top of the ones from the older Smash games
>no Sonic remixes, several songs removed and two shitty themes from Lost World
>no remixes of any Mega Man music past 3, only non-1-2-3 music is a shitty retro medley
>two of the worst tracks from Other M, a crap remix of the escape theme, nothing from Fusion or Zero Mission or the Prime games
>goddamned Square only letting them use two themes from FFVII
>>
>>345294240
Because Mario, don't'cha know.

>brings back Dr. Mario
>cuts Wolf and replaces him with Bowser Jr. who also has the seven Koopalings for alts, the only other character who gets this is Olimar with Alph
>1/5 of the stages are Mario stages
>1/5 of the soundtrack is Mario music
>1/4 of the items are Mario items

Biggest franchise, yes, but for fucks sake he doesn't need most of the game to be his, Mario doesn't need any type of promotion when the entire world knows who he is.
>>
>>345294785

>Implying Mario doesn't deserve to have double what it already has
>Even though Yoshi, Wario and DK are considered Mario Sub-series by Nintendo so all their material in Smash is Mario by extension.
>>
>>345290134
But ZSS are just recolors of ZM suit, and the shorts are from ZM and Fusion's endings

Or are you talking about the rocket heels?
>>
>>345294785
because fire emblem does?
>>
>>345292353
>ever heard of a fucking design choice?
Tell that to Sakurai's wife.
>>
>>345295725
>DK
Actually, DK came first. Mario spun off from it.
>>
>>345282216
actually they posses a similar lod and color pallet, plus tp link is honestly the best looking and most detail heavy iteration of link, and its from the effective sequel to the most iconic 3d zelda, oot.

ganon hast really gotten a fitting update for his look since tp, same goes for zelda, and the hw spinoff look was too recent for them too take advantage of. sheik hasnt gotten an update since ssbb, so nothing to change there either
>>
>>345295726

Rocket heels and her moveset in general. She and Sheik feel too much like original characters made for Smash to me.

For example, Sheik's entire deal in OoT was teaching you songs with the harp. She doesn't even pull it out to taunt in Smash.

ZS Samus is more justified because all she really ever uses is the stun gun, but I feel as though nothing was really wrong with her original moveset, and the rocket heels just turn her into a space ninja.

Also I miss having some characters with tether recovery moves. With edge grabbing as it is now it'd make more sense to keep them than remove them.
>>
File: ackchyually.png (24 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
ackchyually.png
24 KB, 200x200
>>345296151
>>
>>345296151
Still considered a Mario sub-series.

I never said what was spun off from what.
>>
>>345281236
I'm a huge Zelda fan but the smash representation is ass. They all look horrible.
>>
File: Link.png (1 MB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
Link.png
1 MB, 1440x900
>>345299534
>They all look horrible when you have to see their hideous faces in actual Zelda games again.

Fixed it for you.
>>
File: 1433468069766.jpg (143 KB, 744x969) Image search: [Google]
1433468069766.jpg
143 KB, 744x969
>Zelda fans think they can say shit about the state of their franchise representation in Smash
Haha, try being a Metroid fan.

>they "updated" the Samus Aran and ZSS models to be the Other M versions
>gave Samus shitty Custom Moves when everyone was expecting actual items she gets in her own games
>Samus still low-tier as fuck
>gave ZSS a pair of high heels
>Ridley still unplayable
>almost every Metroid stage so far has had a lava gimmick
>Pyrosphere not even competitive even on the 8-player mode
>of all possible stages we could've gotten to rep the Metroid Prime series, we get a shitty stage based on the first boss of MP1, instead of something better like Phendrana Drifts, a stage that cycled through all of Talon-IV or Aether's locations, a stage with a Light/Dark Aether gimmick, or Elysia

Fuck man, at least Sakurai gives a shit about Zelda, although I admit keeping all the Zelda characters in their TP designs was a little weird.
>>
>>345281236
If I was to guess they want Ganondorf, Link, and Zelda to have the same artstyle.
Ganondorf wasn't in SS and SS Zelda is even less combat ready than a regular Zelda.
>>
>>345300020
>Ridley still unplayable

opinion invalidated, back to your shithole with the rest of the fags.
>>
File: 1448787696766.png (345 KB, 498x568) Image search: [Google]
1448787696766.png
345 KB, 498x568
>tfw can't customize Robin or Villager
>>
>>345299821
>autistic link and piglike zelda
>>
>>345300020
>Ridley still unplayable
Thats actually really good, I'd prefer a Dark Samus char then Ridley

>Prime series on Smash
The japs are really fags and doesnt even count Prime as canon
>>
>>345297963
Not even. Donkey Kong is vastly different from Mario, regardless of the cameo games. It's big enough to be its own series, unlike Wario and Yoshi which haven't gotten as big. Mario was playable but Donkey Kong was given top billing. Mario didn't even have a name.
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.