[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone from neogaf/v/ please explain this to me?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1468712662089.png (358 KB, 559x844) Image search: [Google]
1468712662089.png
358 KB, 559x844
Can someone from neogaf/v/ please explain this to me?
>>
What's to explain? Pretty straightforward there.
>>
I would, but I'd get banned for bad mouthing Sony.
>>
>>345279095
>neo gaming age forums /v/

what?

and what is there to explain?
>Sony making a slightly more powerful PS4
>expecting people to stay away from PCs, which are already more powerful than the Neo WILL BE, have access to mods, any controls you want, better and free online, 500x more games, emulation, retrocompatibility, etc etc etc
>>
I'm calling it here.

PSNeo will be the next TORtanic.

>A console SERIOUSLY advertising itself as a competitor for PC

I own a PS4 and I'm not even mad. Sony is retarded.
>>
>PS4 NEO
>NEOgaf
It's like poetry
>>
>>345279095
They're hoping it's good enough to keep their fans from migrating to PC like what was happening near the end of last gen.
>>
>>345283149
>/v/ user is excited against another tortanic (that is not going to happen)
color me surprised
that event ruined /v/ forever
>>
>Breaking news: Company doesn't want potential customers to go to their competition

Woah...

So newsworthy
>>
>wants to keep people from going back to high-end PCs
>majority of games for it are also on/coming to PC

I don't understand the logic. Doing this also makes your current PS4 ownerbase wary about compatibility and future games.

>Nintendrone tripfag
I hadn't bought a New 3DS XL simply because of that above logic and that the only 2 exclusives for it I own on Wii and PC already.
>>
>>345283536
What are you doing in a thread about the new playstation being shit if you dont have anything to say?
>>
>>345279095
Sony is only now realizing that Microsoft is fully willing to crash the PC with no survivors if it means that they can lock down more of the user base firmly inside their ecosystem with Windows 10.

The only way Sony and the status quo can survive is if they manage to keep users from upgrading their systems over the next few years because that will almost always come with an upgrade to Windows 10 (since Microsoft is ending support for new hardware in older versions of Windows).

Sony were fools for alienating Linux users. They could have, and should have been able to leverage Linux users and Linux as a platform as a hedge against the scorched earth policy Microsoft is now pursuing.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.