[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
these games are bad what the fuck you guys lied to me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: file.png (2 MB, 1047x1201) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2 MB, 1047x1201
these games are bad what the fuck you guys lied to me
>>
I thought the first one was pretty okay for a few levels.
>>
Because nostalgia goggles
>>
I'm sorry for your shit taste.
>>
The first one is good
>>
Jak 1 and 2 are two of the greatest 3D platformers ever made
Jak 3 is pretty good too
Sorry you have no fucking taste
>>
>>345272918
Only the first one is good, the rest suck dick.
>>
>>345273397
(You) are a child
>>
File: 1449329882366.gif (113 KB, 351x398) Image search: [Google]
1449329882366.gif
113 KB, 351x398
>>345273236
>Jak 1 and 2 are two of the greatest 3D platformers ever made
>>
>>345272918
The first one's good. The second and third are atrocious.
>>
>>345273564
>implying

Or maybe I don't like my platformers turning into fucking GTA.
>>
I'm playing through Jak 1 on PS2 right now and I think it's a pretty decent platformer whose core gameplay is similar to that of Banjo Kazooie and Super Mario 64 (minus a hub world).
Also, they were selling Jak 1 HD a long time time ago for a dollar and some change. I decided to see how it compared to the original since I'm playing it and the HD version is pretty fucking barebones in terms of visuals, the framerate isn't as good and it's glitchy in places. Only good thing about it is being able to invert the "totally not inverted" camera, but I already got used to those "totally not inverted" controls.
>>
You're definitely underage. If you didn't play them on your own PS2, or at the very least on PS3 years ago, you're a post-millenial shithead.

REEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>345273957
>Le Jak 2 is GTA maymay
The platforming is still there, only made smoother. Plus guns added more depth to the combat and vehicles were fun.
Kill yourself.

>>345273896
>Smugposter has no taste
Whoda thunk
>>
>>345273236
>>345273397
>>345273926
Epic meme guys. I also couldn't self insert into an actual protagonist in Jan 2 and 3. Long live cartoony platformers!
>>
>>345272918
Jak 1 is like a polished N64-era collect-a-thon platformer.

Jak 2 and 3 are "love it or hate it". Personally, I liked the setting and characters, so I rolled with it.
>>
File: 1438422943027.jpg (35 KB, 500x430) Image search: [Google]
1438422943027.jpg
35 KB, 500x430
>>345273236
>Jak 1 and 2 are two of the greatest 3D platformers ever made
Wouldn't go that far but they're both excellent

OP is a faggot as usual
>>
>>345274395
>You're definitely underage.
Funny, because the only people who would have nostalgia for these piece of shit games are the 16-20 crowd whose first console was a PS2.
>>
literally the only good ND games
>>
I fucking loved the first two back in the day and I remember being really bored with the third.

I went back to them and only enjoyed the first.

Probably just a right place right time kinda game.
>>
naughty dog makes shitty movie games fuck off. jax 2 was thier best work.
>>
Jak 1 is the best
>>
>>345278480
The only good ND games are

>Crash 2
>Uncharted 2
>The Last of Us
>>
How does the Vita version run? I feel like trying it out due to memes.
>>
>>345274395
I played the Spyros and Crash Bandicoots on PS1, then when we got a PS2 we didn't really play these platformers anymore
>>
>>345281963
>uncharted

(You)
>>
>>345281963
Crash 1 and 3 and Uncharted 3 also are pretty good, stop memeing senpai.
>>
Jak II is shit.
>>
>>345282535
>memes
What the fuck are you on about?

Anyway the Vita versions run absolutely horribly. The awful frame rate actively impedes jumps and it's not a very demanding game visually either. How they fucked it up was beyond me. I haven't tried the other two due to how bad the first one runs but apparently they devolve into borderline slideshows at times. Don't play it unless you're a trophy whore and want an easy Plat. Just play the PS3 version if you must.
>>
>>345281963
The Uncharted games are generic and mediocre as all hell and it amazes me that people praise them to the extent that they do. Seriously, Uncharted fans only ever appear when a new one comes out and fellate the review scores, never actually taking about the games themselves. When people say the first one is shit (and it is) these people go OH YEAH BUT THE OTHER ONES ARE SO MUCH BETTER when really they aren't. They're the same fucking thing across 5 fucking games. Hell, look at the fucking trophy lists for them; they are fucking identical across the first four games. That should tell you all you need to know about the evolution of the series. It infuriates me how people elevate them to the status of fucking high art when they're nothing but by the numbers shooters with snappy dialogue and good voice work. That alone tells you that video games are nowhere near ready to be taken seriously as an artistic medium.

Worst thing is they're bad even by shooter standards. I don't really like shooters (mainly cover based bullet sponge borefests like this) but the AI is so laughably programmed and animated that it's common to see them ducking in and out of cover like fucking whack-a-mole. The areas are all so terribly designed as well that every fucking new area you enter is conveniently designed like a fucking shooting gallery to accommodate the game. The platforming might as well not even be there considering its only real purpose is to lead you to another shooting gallery and again is all so conveniently designed and contrived (oh look that debris collapsed in just such a way that I can climb it). Also the CINEMATIC collapsing of everything Nathan so much as stands on gets incredibly tiresome and predictable.

It pisses me off that people criticise them for being MOVIE GAMES when there are so many other things wrong with them and comments like that just give the Uncharted shitters fodder. That fucking period when Uncharted 4 came out on here was unbearable.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.