[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why the hate?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 8
File: genji.jpg (8 KB, 219x230) Image search: [Google]
genji.jpg
8 KB, 219x230
Im a decent genji player (not amazing but decent) and yet my teammates always flame me when I play him. Can someone tell me why? He is a strong hero. I dont get it. Its not like I am playing bastion on attack.
>>
File: 1438783487760.png (36 KB, 737x404) Image search: [Google]
1438783487760.png
36 KB, 737x404
>>345271827
Because you're a fucking weeb, loser
>>
>He is a strong hero
No, you are better off playing someone else.
>>
>>345271827
Because your team would be much better served if you played someone more reliable like 76 or even Tracer. Unless you are amazing as Gengi, you are doing your team a disservice by playing him.
>>
Genji holds little to no role fulfillment and will only be around to get kills and run away.
This means he lacks teamplay and coordination, in a team game.

He should ideally only ever be picked when all the roles are already filled.

If you instapick him then consider suicide.
>>
its a stigma developed because of other players who either just started playing the game or just suck. genji is just a popular pick for players like that, the hero isn't bad at all. don't give it too much mind.
>>
I love carrying games as Genji. You can pull off the most insane plays with him.
>>
>>345271827
>yet my teammates always flame me when I play him.
They're not flaming you because you're Genji, they're flaming you because you're not as good as you think you are.
>>
File: 1468074797004.jpg (15 KB, 200x303) Image search: [Google]
1468074797004.jpg
15 KB, 200x303
>>345272386
>the hero isn't bad at all
>>
>>345272018
He poses more threat to an enemy teams support than most other heroes in the game, while hard countering many projectile based heroes. Sure you may only be able to get one kill and run away sometimes. But what if that kill is a mercy who had her revive ready? How is that not strong?
>>
Because Genji is shit and everyone that mains him is some tryhard hypershitter with 90% of his hours only in Genji.

It's funny seeing the little shits trying to flank me and be smart about their reflect while I just stand there, wait till it's over and drop him in a second with a headshot.

He barely contributes to the team if the enemies aren't retarded.
>>
>>345272501
he does great damage if you can actually play him well
>>
>>345271827
>playing payload
>on gibraltar at the final push
>we can't manage to break the enemies defenses
>try almost everything
>switch to bastion out of desperation
>i mow down everyone on the enemy team
>we win
>get potg
>enemy team assblasted for years

Sometimes it can pay off.
>>
>>345271827
>ME UNGA TEAM BUNGA
>>
>>345272537
Tracer does it better.
>reflect
lmao
>>
>>345272470
>implying i dont suck on all the other dps heroes too

i usually do better with genji than i do with the other dps chars, mostly because i dont really play them
>>
File: babyface.jpg (27 KB, 259x188) Image search: [Google]
babyface.jpg
27 KB, 259x188
Just mute everyone when the match begins.

Or just ignore them
>>
>>345272858
>Just mute everyone when the match begins.
thats how i play
>>
Can you guys stop making Overwatch threads? I'm sick and tired of them.
>>
>>345272018
What is really grinding is when its payload or hybrid on attack, and everyone picks offensive flankers like Genji/Tracer. It's just revolting.
>>
>>345271827
There are insane Genji players. Fought against a rank 70 yesterday and couldn't do anything. But unless you're truly good and monstruous which apparently you arent you're better off with another hero
>>
>>345271827
rank 72 genji here

genji pick flaming ends at around rank 65-70. until then it's "omfg switch that genji" even if you're singlehandedly keeping your team in the game. it's something you have to deal with because there are so many shit genjis around.

genji also suffers from the fact that he's a very "mainable" hero even though he's pretty situational, so you get technically good genji players playing genji when it's a really bad idea. only play genji if the enemy team has heroes that allow you to play genji
>>
>>345272858
>>345272901
>I want to play a heavily team-based game without anything that would entail
I hate people like you guys, go play any of the other FPS you could play. Fuckers like you guys ruin heavily team-based games like R6: Siege and Overwatch.
>>
>>345272938
you realize you're making it worse by bumping the thread, right?
>>
File: reallynigga.png (101 KB, 478x305) Image search: [Google]
reallynigga.png
101 KB, 478x305
>>345272030
>>345272195
>>345272470
>>345272570

>Buy game
>Play a character that's designed for the game
>Apparently he's not designed well enough to be a team player in a team-based game
>Have to git gud to enjoy team play with him without the whining
>Only way to git gud is to suffer through the whining to pick and practice with him

wew lad

Glad they came out with Beta, so I didn't have to waste money buying this overpriced shit
>>
>>345273329
well i gotta keep trying to play him or i may never be good. Im not specifically talking about ranked games btw. Even in quick play i get flamers.
>>
>>345271986
>posting Pokemon reaction image
>calling others weebs on 4chan
stop.
>>
>>345273443
Fuck them, quick play is for you to practice. Tryhards should stick to ranked. If you want to become good with Genji, play with him but try to avoid him when you play in ranked until you become a ninja god
>>
>>345271827
Love him as a defensive player
>>
You are not as good as you think you are.
>>
>>345273336
>rank 72 genji here
damn nigga you stylin'
>>
You probably last pick him when your team has no tanks or supports
>>
>>345273337
Burns my ass like acidic diarrhea. I fuckin hear those neckbeards breathing or some fuckin gay anime in th backround but heaven forbid they fuckin talk
>>
As long as your not doing things like picking him when your team needs a tank or support, and you don't stand around missing every shot with him you should be fine.
>>
>>345271827
Because people usually just go for kills and never focus on the objective, i've met countless genji players that only fucked around and contributed nothing. the hero is not the problem, only the players using the hero.
>>
>>345273336
>rank 72 Genji

Jesus can't even imagine the pain you must be to fight against
>>
>All of this autism over a pick-and-play game designed for people who don't play videogames regularly

No wonder "hardcore" genres like arena shooters were abandoned by developers.
>>
>>345273972
This is sort of my point. I'm not particularly incredible at any hero, and in ranked my teammates arent exactly all stars either. But no one says anything to the soldier on our team with 7 eliminations :(
>>
File: 1458603192693.png (128 KB, 571x441) Image search: [Google]
1458603192693.png
128 KB, 571x441
>>345273960
This shit actually happens ?
>>
>>345273336
can you explain in more detail when to play genji and when not to?
>>
Because if I have a Genji I can expect to NEVER see him supporting the push, covering the healer, or doing anything of value besides dying.
>>
>>345274107
Aww, what a shame, people talk about video games that don't pander to you. What a tragedy. Make a thread about it.
>>
>>345274219
mostly just monkey
>>
>>345274350
yeah I always just switch monkey when genji is owning my ass.. are you saying that you can always play genji unless monkey?
>>
>>345274467
mei also makes genjis life hell, she cant kill u unless u waste ur dash, but u pretty much have to run away from her all the time
>>
>>345272195
>>345272501
>>345272570
>>345274230
Genji is good if you are good. The problem is just that 95% of Genji players are garbage. When a good player is on Genji, it's undoubtedly one of THE best heroes(outside of actual competitive plays with real teams).

http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/eu/ShaDowBurn-2301
>>
>console overwatch
>genji double jumping + wall running makes him an absolute nightmare to hit
>he just runs around occasionally getting squish kills

>every game now has at least 1 genji

>get hate messages when i switch to winston
>>
>>345274602
>tfw keep killing Genji as Symmetra
>>
>>345274602
hmm mei is pretty beastly against many heroes 1vs1 though, so the problem is hardly contained to just genji - but yeah genji doesn't have the means to move quickly horizontally off cooldown so that must be a pain.
>>
I used to be in the top 50 as Genji before Overwatch removed the old score system, now I'm rank 77 in comp. I always instalock Genji unless I find out the enemy team has either a Symmetra, a Winston, or a (good) Zarya. If you use Genji after that, you are weeb trash, and I recommend switching to a similar character (tracer, reaper) or killing yourself. Here's some tips for those trying to git gud with Genji tho.
-He's not a samurai warrior, don't go into the frontlines expecting to cut once and kill the entire team.
-Learn some of his combos. I rebind my controls, but one of his highest damaging combos (Fan Ninja stars, knife, swift strike) can almost one shot a tracer.
-Learn where health kits are. This is obligatory for all characters, but especially Genji.
-Lastly, flank more. Use your double jump and swift strike to hope around from under or above the map. Don't forget that you get your swift strike every time a enemy you did damage to dies.
>>
>>345273337
t. tryhard shitter

I'm not going to listen to you bitch about "wahh my team sucks" and "waaah you didn't pick pharah/lucio/reinhardt" if I don't have to
>>
>>345273801
>>345274008
idk if ur making fun of me, i don't know what the official "gud" cutoff is right now

but yeah i meant that as "rank 72 player who plays genji a lot" and the rank being relevant because at that point you start getting teams that won't throw a bitch fit if you pick genji

>>345274219
he kinda sucks against deathballs in general. he's the best when he has lots of room to play around with and lots of vertical space to abuse. mapwise, he's only really bad on numbani. i never get anything done on that map as genji

heroes to avoid picking genji against

>roadhog (if he's bad, he's not gonna do anything to you and you can farm free ult off him. if he's good, he will fuck you up every time you ult)
>soldier (difficult target, kills you from mile away, will be nerfed next patch luckily)
>pharah (annoying as fuck but not really all that dangerous)
>lucio (annoying as fuck to deal with in general since he heals your targets from a mile away when you try to combo them)

heroes that aren't counters but aren't all that easy either
>tracer
>zarya
>winston
>toblerone
>mei

easy targets
>zen
>widow
>d.va
>reaper (will fuck you up from up close if you aren't careful though)
>reinhardt
>mercy
>symmetra
>hanzo
>mccree, funnily enough (will probably counter genji next patch though)
>junkrat

as genji, you should focus on pickoffs and farming ultimate, whichever is easier. when you have your ultimate, wait for your team to engage and then take out the enemy healers and then backliners with the ult. that's basically the entire genji gameplan. if there's a widow or whatever, then dedicate your life to ruining his game until he changes
>>
>>345274993
Basically this.
>>
>>345274993
>-Learn some of his combos. I rebind my controls, but one of his highest damaging combos (Fan Ninja stars, knife, swift strike) can almost one shot a tracer.

you can kill tracer with just your basic m2 combo if all shurikens hit. it's your main method of killing them as genji, and it's important to learn it. camp behind corners when you hear her coming and then execute the combo as she passes and she will be instagib
>>
>>345275069
I was not making fun of you. I'm still rank 58 and am occasionally matched up against rank 70 teams and holy shit, good genjis are a fucking nightmare. There was one time where we couldn't do shit nor kill the Genji who was always in our asses
>>
>>345275186
This only works if you land every shot in the head, which is hard if you haven't got gud yet The combo is a good alternative as it's very fast and most tracers can't blink out of the way in time.
>>
>>345275069
i genuinely thought nigga you were stylin', not making fun of you at all famalam.
>>
File: what.jpg (19 KB, 575x323) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
19 KB, 575x323
>Enemy team were winning with ease
>One guy leaves
>They all leave except one
>We obviously win
>I rank up a full rank
Fix your shit Blizzard.
>>
>>345275186
>you can kill tracer with just your basic m2 combo if all shurikens hit.
what do you mean combo? are you referring to fanning out shurikens and all 3 connecting?
>>
When you're a Mcree main, it's high noon everyday.
>>
>>345276012
IT'S
>>
Pro Tip: While Ulting, use your Dashing Strike's animation to reset Attack animations to swiftly multi-slash.
>>
>>345275069
can you give me lucio tips, and is lucio a hero i can always play?
>>
>>345276003
Read the previous post ya dumbo.
>>
>>345275552
>>345275385
well if it makes u feel any better, i usually feel like a clown in my own games too. it seems like i can only really stomp or be stomped

>>345276003
m2->melee->dash
84 + 30 + 50 = 164 damage

that's the basic m2 combo if it hits perfectly on the body. it can do more damage if the shurikens land on the head, but it usually isn't worth going for the head unless it's a roadhog or a winston or something

for 200 hp targets, the combo is more like

m2->m2->melee-> dash

or however many m2s you need to get your target below 164 hp before going for the actual combo

imo it's better to think genji's m1 as his secondary and his m2 as his main form of dealing damage. his m2 deals almost twice as much dps as his m1 so you should strive to make as much use of it as you can
>>
>>345275447
you don't need to land the shurikens on the head. tracer is a squishy fuck and you full bodyshot combo is 164 damage, as i posted above

pulling off the combo pisses off tracers like crazy, it's fantastic
>>
>>345271827
I never make fun of our teams Genji because I've been on the receiving end of a ninja ass raping and hate this motherfucker when against him.
>>
>>345276467
>combo
so basically it's not a combo and you're referring to just 3 fanned shurikens??? Stating "combo" usually refers to the combo such as the one previously stated.
>>
>>345276253
if you want to win games, yeah, play lucio. probably the best hero in the game. he's a mandatory pick, more or less

i don't have lucio tips besides aiming at the enemy clump at around head height and spamming. run away with speed boost if you get in trouble. press e when someone is about to die. don't die yourself. simple stuff really, hard to fuck it up
>>
>>345276675
Full bodyshot is not 164 damage, its 82. Genji's shurikens only do 24 without headshot
>>
>>345276775
Are you retarded? He's talking about m2 -> melee -> dash.

It's the combo that every single Genji player uses because it's so powerful. How can you not understand what he's writing???
>>
File: 146321546780.jpg (66 KB, 709x670) Image search: [Google]
146321546780.jpg
66 KB, 709x670
>>345271827
Genji is not bad, just many people who play him are bad, or they play him in place of an more effective character.

In my opinion, Genji plays best as an accessory player who changes his targets based on priority.

Fighting a large group? Kill the healer.
Pushing pay load and sight a Sniper/turret? Fuck em up.
See a teammate getting ganked? Help them out.

Most bad Genjis play him as a solo flanker, who doesn't die, but is spending most time finding health packs.
>>
>>345276834
thanks man
>>
>>345276836
i'm about to give up

combo here means "your m2, which is cancelled by melee, which is cancelled by dash"

m2 is 84 damage (28 x 3)
melee is 30
dash is 50

if you land all 3 shurikens, then melee, then dash, you deal 164 damage

i won't reply to you again if you don't understand it now
>>
>>345277031
Wait, that's exactly what I said in my original post.
>I rebind my controls, but one of his highest damaging combos (Fan Ninja stars, knife, swift strike) can almost one shot a tracer.
You basically just restated what I said in your reply.
>>
>>345277230
>can almost one shot a tracer
a really crucial part that i tried to correct. it doesn't "almost" one shot tracer, it just straight up kills her with just bodyshots. pretty important if you consider that she can rewind damage if she doesn't instantly die

hope that clears stuff up thanks
>>
>>345277373
Ah I see. Yeah the whole reason that I included the "almost one shot a tracer," is because most of my shurikens don't land. Thanks for dealing with my autism.
>>
>>345276893
i know what the original combo was in this discussion, what confused me is when we started to discuss and calculate the fanned shuriken headshots and whether or not you need to follow up with the usual combo.
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.