[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Xbox One achievements rant
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: Xbox360wired.jpg (507 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
Xbox360wired.jpg
507 KB, 1000x750
What's the deal with the achievements on xbox one? How does the system work? I just got a whole bunch of Wolfenstein TNO achievements glitch on me, didn't even get one for beating the game, what the actual fuck? I've never seen anything like it in 10 years of xbox live! You're supposed to improve things, not make it worse ffs.
>>
It's weird, because some games just do that. It must be more about the game having errors in the code triggering it's unlocking, because I 100%ed TNO no problem, yet Uncharted gave my friend the second to last and last trophy for finding treasure but not the first bronze one, as well as not unlocking the game complete trophy the first time he played through.
>>
>>345259325
Some people say that the way the achievements work has changed. Like, they're not actually in the game but it's more like an xbox app and it involves xbox live syncing and verifying and stuff. I have no idea, just hoping someone can answer this. I'm an achievement whore and this is really grinding my gears...
>>
Achievements & Trophies annoy me.

Anyone else wish you could just disable them entirely? I know you can hide the notifications, I want them to not exist.
>>
>>345262219
It's a nice concept but I do get annoyed at how occupied I get with them.
>>
File: 1468148485983.gif (998 KB, 500x264) Image search: [Google]
1468148485983.gif
998 KB, 500x264
Why would you care about achievements?
>>
If you are older than 16 and still care about achievements than you should have other things on your mind. Preferably gunshot residue and lead fragments.
>>
>>345263045
There's always this guy...
>>
>>345263728
You mean the guy that wants underage faggots to leave /v/?
>>
File: xbox kid.png (178 KB, 600x336) Image search: [Google]
xbox kid.png
178 KB, 600x336
this is /v/ now
>>
>>345264049
What's "underage" about it? Somehow achievements are childish and gaming in general isn't?
>>
>>345264160
It's not bragging though, it's proving.
>>
>>345264273
Gaming is a fun hobby, collecting fictional score from achievements that you're genuinely proud of and boast about is pathetic (unless you're a kid then it's fine, but gtfo /v/ if you are)
>>
>>345264516
There's nothing "fictional" about it. If you're good at a game, you have the achievement to prove it. I guess you're butthurt because you suck at games.
>>
>>345264940
>Hey look at me I'm trolling 4chan epic!!!! XD

I really really hope you're not an adult.
>>
>>345265765
Nice non-answer.
>>
Achievements are fine if it is about doing something weird in the game like easter eggs or something. Also when you beat the game in the hardest way possible.

I hate it when it is something you would normally do in the game anyway and the achievement spoils future plot. Oh, and online multiplayer achievements. Fuck them.
>>
File: achievement unlocked.jpg (13 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
achievement unlocked.jpg
13 KB, 200x200
>>345264273
Because achievements are just meaningless, unnecessary awards tacked on to further incentivize actually playing through the game and doing certain things. They add nothing to the game besides giving you an extra pat on the back.
They were unneeded in the time before achievements existed, but now there are some people who care about achievements first and foremost over being interested in just playing the game itself. And that's dumb
>>
>>345267281
>They add nothing to the game besides giving you an extra pat on the back.
Not true, they add replay value and they are a way to quantify your gaming skills.
I was a dedicated completionist long before achievements existed. And anyway, I don't see why you're so against this particular kind of gratification. Getting an achievement is no different than getting an ending cutscene or a "you win" and exp at the end of a multiplayer match. It's just another type of goal.
>>
>>345258893
Why doesn't this use wireless grounds?

Oh fuck, forget I said that. Wrong timeline.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.