[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Holy fuck, these games are fucking incredible. They have to make
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8
Holy fuck, these games are fucking incredible. They have to make another one of these games with these controls and mechanics. Holy fuck.
>>
Topkek, they're good and over-hated but far from the best in the series.
>>
RE6 would be a great action game if it kept the limb damage/melee finishers that RE4 and 5 had. Most of the fun in RE4/5 mercs was having intense as fuck headshot sprees that lead into time increasing melees. With RE6 you could still do that, but it's more about smashing faces on the ground and making sure you put enough bullets in the enemy before finishing them off with a melee-- which is not as great.
>>
>>345257606
haha you're a fucking pleb

5 was such shitshow after 4, 6 is part of the army of two series

god I wouldn't hesitate to knock you on your ass if you even looked in my direction irl, haha
>>
>>345257606
Re6 mechanics but smoother and give the limb melees from 5? Fuck yeah. Best mercenaries ever. Just remove counters, because counter melee to win is not fun.
>>
>>345258064
>4fag
Kill yourself.
>>
>>345257862
What? I never said it was the best in the series. I'm positive it will be better than 7 though
>>
>>345258147
>4fag acting like he's so above anyone that likes 5 at that
5 plays better than 4 tbqh. 4 only has a better protag and setting. They're all action games either way.
>>
>>345257606
If they removed the bloated amount of QTEs and stupid vehicle sections from RE6 and it would have been a lot better.
I do agree that once you get the hang of the mechanics in 6 it's a lot of fun though.
>>
>>345258407
haha and only one of them is fun
>>
>>345257606
I've been saying this for years, although at this point if they were to continue this gameplay it'd have to be another/a new game because they're returning RE to horror which i don't mind. At least if we never get more, they had the decency to release HD releases of these.
>>
How the fuck do you play re5 in split screen on PC? I prefer it to the re6 campaigns. There's an option for split screen for 6 but not for 5
>>
File: 37854929.jpg (223 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
37854929.jpg
223 KB, 800x600
I actually enjoyed RE5, but RE6 was terrible apart from them finally learning that you could MOVE AND SHOOT.
>>
>>345257606
You only posted one game OP and that's RE5
>>
File: 1417375438003.png (754 KB, 550x836) Image search: [Google]
1417375438003.png
754 KB, 550x836
>>345257606
>capcom wasted their resources and sony's money on a shitty DoA esport shooter instead of a standalone mercenaries/raid mode game
>>
>>345258474
Totally agree with you even though 6 is one of my favorite games of the generation solely for its character-action based tps gameplay. The story modes have this exhausting adhd, the characters aren't written with any charisma, and there aren't any clever uses of the 3 seperate campaigns, like if they were to weave inbetween each other.
>>
>>345259029
>there aren't any clever uses of the 3 seperate campaigns
I think they had some decent ones. Only problem is that I wanted S-ranks and I wasn't going to risk randoms messing it up for me so I almost never played online.
>>
What camera settings do you guys use in RE6?
>>
>>345258892
>Sony E3 "gameplay" VS release.png
>>
I can live with 5 but 6 was so goddamn bad.
>>
>older RE fans insult me for liking the newer games
>newer RE fans insult me for liking the older games

I don't get why it's such an awful thing to like the series as a whole.
>>
>>345259564
Fuck playing with randos, i only play coop with a friend or i go solo. (Usually coop). Btw this game series ought to have moved away from 100% coop. I think the best thing would have been if all 3 campaigns were solo but your path intersected with other players for big action scenes. Like there were parts reminiscent of the village from re4 littered throughout the game and you ran into one of the other characters.

On a different note, the part with Leon in the catacombs fighting literal mummies that've been buried for at least decades if not centuries is the most fucktarded thing in the entire series (even if it did strike a nice gothic tone).
>>
>>345260290
>ubisoft e3 gameplay vs release

FTFY my dude, no worries
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (51 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
51 KB, 1280x720
Was this a fucking inside joke? I almost uninstalled the game cause of this.
>>
>>345260447
>newer RE fans insult me for liking the older games

I've yet to run into this myself but this is the more egregious of the two desu. I love the whole series and i think 7 will breath life into it similarly to how 4 did, and i'll enjoy a trilogy of them (even though the demo is paper-thin in almost every aspect, the fact that there's going to be more things to set it apart from PT like combat, puzzles exploration etc and it takes place in the same continuity all stoke my optimism)
>>
I wish I understood the hate for 0, especially from people who think 5 was good
I also wonder who thought Operation racoon city was a good idea.

Why can't there just be another Outbreak.
>>
>>345260737
I almost jacked off because of it

but seriously, i'd have liked for it to not look like giraffe irrumatio too
>>
>>345261240
No I'm talking about the brightness test screen
>>
>>345261150
Capcom had way too much faith in western devs handling their ips last gen and i hope they never EVER do it again. Dead Rising 2/3(/4), Lost Planet 3, Dark Void, Bionic Commando(like it/is fun but also sloppy/unfinished/shallow/unpolished as FUCK), Operation Raccoon City, DmC(literally my least favorite thing regarding videogames as a whole), and probably several others which were too big of failures to remember or mention.
>>
>>345260737
I laughed my ass off.
>>
5 actually was fun if you ignored the "Resident Evil" part of it and actually played with another human instead of the retarded A.I.

6 was just fucked.
>>
>>345257606
I agree, I prefer 5s presentation more though.
>>
File: image.jpg (270 KB, 512x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
270 KB, 512x800
"FREEZE! Put your fat cocks where I can see 'em!"
>>
I agree, OP. 5 and especially 6 have really excellent combat and movement etc. Dodging and rolling about while kicking ass in 6 is great. The problem is that the campaigns in 5/6 are terrible and 4's is great.
>>
File: DA4.gif (2 MB, 393x299) Image search: [Google]
DA4.gif
2 MB, 393x299
>>345262939
>>
>>345261687
Grin was well in the process of getting fucked by Square when BC08 was in development. Also, it was meant to be incredibly goofy like BCR.
>>
File: bart griffon.jpg (32 KB, 615x456) Image search: [Google]
bart griffon.jpg
32 KB, 615x456
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0lPJdYlzmk
five a shit and so are you if you like it
>>
File: 1466598588591.gif (982 KB, 285x171) Image search: [Google]
1466598588591.gif
982 KB, 285x171
>>345262939
>>
>>345261150
I started playing 0 recently and I really don't like it. It's so boring, there's far too much ammo, the training facility just feels like the Spencer estate but worse. I rarely drop games, but I can't see myself finishing, it's just not fun and it has killed my motivation to play the other RE games.
>>
>>345258407
I like 5 but 4 is clearly, far and away the better game. Just played it recently and the game design from the levels to the pacing is top notch. 5 really falls flat without the coop, not very compelling on your own. Not very compelling in general but like you said, it technically plays better than 4 so it's an extremely competent action/horror game.
>>
>>345257606
I went back and played re6 with the Re release and knowing what I was getting into this time around, it was pretty good. The initial disappointment at launch was far too much for me to overlook.
>>
>>345263857
I know. There's a really good article about it here on GYP:
http://www.gatheryourparty.com/2014/04/02/what-happened-to-bionic-commando/

But yeah the final product wasn't worth it's pedigree sadly(even though it makes for awesome schlock in retrospect). Thankfully we got BC:ReArmed(one of my favorite games) by the same studio so we know they were pretty talented/cared about the franchise.
>>
>>345257606
5 is good but re6 is fucking terrible
the skill system is complete garbage and taking away your ability to pick what guns you use and upgrade them is retarded
it's like playing gears of war but with much worse mechanics and worse story
>>
>>345264625
I remember seeing the reception (4/10s were pretty common) then playing it day one and having so much fun it literally felt like i was having a fever dream.
>>
>>345262939
This better be the plot of some doujin or I'll be very sad and soft
>>
>>345260737
you have to be rather autistic to uninstall a game because of that. Shoutouts to autistic kneejerk reactions to nothing
>>
>>345264865
Letting it settle and knowing that I was going to be playing a pretty decent tps, not a horror game really allowed me to enjoy it.
>>
>>345264406
You're very right: so what really chaps my ass is that they clearly weren't able to find someone to direct a campaign as solid as 4, and shinji mikami just went on to direct a 'return to form'(re4 successor) in the Evil Within; which had the solid campaign the re series couldn't manage but suffered from shit characters, plot, style etc. Like, it would have been better with RE characters kek
>>
>>345257606
Hope they make it play more like 5 because 6 played like total ass on launch.

I heard they made it not suck but I have never gone back to 6
>>
>>345265278
That shit started out STRONG in the big open village level then it jut sort of regressed to a linear corridor shooter. I still really enjoyed it (more than RE6 for fucking sure) but it could have been so much more.
>>
>>345265120
People are overly reactionary(the level of quality/polish alone leaves it objectively at least above a 4) and hacks/kids/scrubs like to assess things based on what kind of game they wanted not what kind of game they actually get on it's own merits. I personally like to get several flavors from a franchise and vidya is the best platform for that imo, instead of just a series of sequential upgrades and obsoletized design sensibilities.
>>
>>345265715
t. scrub
>>
They're bad RE games but good action games. Well in 6's case, it's more like it's only really good in Mercs mode.
>>
>>345266027
how am I scrub for hating bad mechanics that took away shit from a good game like RE5?

Not to mention all those damn QTEs in 6.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.