[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just preordered mine for £47.26 For the price of 1 new console
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 185
Thread images: 29
Just preordered mine for £47.26

For the price of 1 new console game, I got a brand new NES console, a controller and 30 classic games.

IDGAF if you emulate NES games already - this is a great deal for those who can't or won't do that.
>>
>>345255234
It's a novelty that normies will eat up. Luckily for Nintendo, Pokemon GO gave them normie attention at the perfect time - so these things are already hot-sellers.
>>
>>345255234
>this is a great deal
No it isn't. Just buy a fucking flashcart and load it up with every NES game and play them on a real NES.
>>
>>345255832
at least the controllers will likely be first-party quality. Plus it might end up being easy to hack the hardware to load more roms or even run other emulators on it.
>>
>>345255234
>Doesnt come with two controllers like the original
Jewtendo strikes again!
>>
>>345255234
Buy a Rasberry pi3 for 30 bucks, buy 10 dollar controller(or use any console controller.made the past 10 years) and buy a 16GB SD card for 10 bucks.
Install retropi and play every single game made on consoles up until the PS2 era.
>>
>>345255832

> 30+ year old Nintendo games
> "normies"

Do you kids even know what the fuck you are on about? How on earth does this appeal to "normies"

Normies like easy games with quick gratification. They like good graphics and "epic" shit.

Early Nintendo games have none of that.
>>
>>345255946
to be fair, that's gonna run you about 3x the price of the item posted, and on top of that a real NES will probably look much worse on an HDTV (where the mini should at least be optimized somewhat for them).

For someone that only wants a 'greatest hits' of the NES, or better yet, for 30-something normie parents who want to force their childhoods upon their children but doesn't want them ruining 30-year old hardware, this item is a pretty sound purchase. Not as sound as buying and hacking a Wii, but still pretty reasonable.
>>
>>345255832
this is all NX, Pokemon Go, the equivalent of those Sega controllers that can be plugged into a TV to play classic games, up next is a GB return I'd bet

it's genius but it's kind of shitting in the mouth of the few non casuals fans Nintendo has left
>>
>>345256003

Honestly I'm getting one on the offchance they make a SNES classic mini too.

I'm hard as diamonds thinking about the possibilities for that.
>>
>>345256205
nostalgia is a powerful thing, especially to mindless normies.
>>
>>345256205
My sister is almost 40, doesn't play anything but sings in Rock Band occasionally and even she's excited about it because she loved SMB as a kid

she's that market alongside a bunch of retards
>>
>>345256335

>it's genius but it's kind of shitting in the mouth of the few non casuals fans Nintendo has left

I don't really see how that's the case here. Sure, it's a pointless item to a hardcore fan (who already has most of these games in some form or another) but that's the point, this isn't being aimed at hardcore fans. And it's not as if they've gone full-Konami and aren't doing anything else.

>>345256386
With how overpriced SNES everything is, and with how shitty even getting a flashcart for SNES is, I think a lot of people would welcome an SNES Mini Classic.
>>
>>345256479

your sister is a retard for buying it for one game.

For those with a brain (your sister is excluded from this, obviously), this is a great deal.
>>
>>345256663
>buying one of those shitty plug and play emulators
>has a brain
top kek
>>
I withhold full judgment until I see how well it emulates, how well it works given that it's designed for HDTVs (if there's nothing to help with lag then forget it, you'll never beat Punchout on the thing), and of course the controller quality.
>>
>>345256808
some plug'n'plays are actually worth owning. The namco museum one with a twister stick, for example, is a fantastic way to play Pole Position at home. Plus there's those weird ones that are actually fully-functional clones of old consoles/computers, which make great project fodder.
>>
File: 201.png (536 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
201.png
536 KB, 1680x1050
>>345256089

this.

was insanely fun setting up a rasberry pi only problem i ever had was trying to switch CD isos of multi disk ps1 games..etc

i used emulation station frontend it looks pretty good
>>
>>345256003
I'm going to get just the controller because of how cheap it is.
>>
I told my brother about this and he didn't care.

>Hey you heard about that new nes?
>Yeh they were talking about it at work. What games does it come with?
>Tell him the list
>Shit that's a terrible list

Casuals from Facebook were crazy about it. Mostly women around 20-30 in a relationship telling their significant other about it.
>>
File: nah.png (291 KB, 1185x591) Image search: [Google]
nah.png
291 KB, 1185x591
>>345256663

>great deal.
>with a brain

bad news friend, every nigger on the planet with a pi begs to differ

have fun spending more for less nintendrone
>>
>>345258071
How the fuck is it a terrible list? What exactly was lacking on it?
>>
>>345258391
Pi faggots never factor in the costs for a good controller, which this comes with. I wouldn't buy it pensonally, I'm just saying.
>>
>>345257895
Wait raspberry pi can do ps2 and Wii games now?
>>
>can't get any extra games
>not sold in Japan because people aren't gullible enough over there to buy an emulation box
Literally worthless.
>>
File: c3b.jpg (8 KB, 153x142) Image search: [Google]
c3b.jpg
8 KB, 153x142
>>345257895
>not emulating everything on your wii and play with the comfy classic controller
>>
>>345255832
You're so fucking autistic I can smell the piss bottles from here.
>>
>>345256089
10 dollar controllers tend to suck, but even so this is almost the same price as the miniNES anyway. Knowing Nintendo it'd be easily hackable, I'd suggest not dismissing it entirely until at least a week after release.
>>
>>345258879
Epic?
>>
>>345258450
For example, Mario Bros. is wasting a slot that could have been used for another Ninja Gaiden, Tetris, RCR or TMNT3. Also Mememan 2.
>>
I'm getting it just to play some Mario & Zelda, fuck I think it's worth it just for that.
Emulation on a Pi is wonky and fuck, I really like the authentic NES controller so why not
>>
>>345258527

yeah my bad >cost of controller is less than having acess to like 80,000 more video games in the same lil fucking box under my tv

is it a fact this thing comes with a "good" controller, like im not sure i'd actually want a nintendo made usb nes controller to play nes games with in 2016

>>345258564

i actually have no idea, was faster to grab a a google image of Emustation than a take a pic of my tv, i dont have wii or ps2 on mine but i got it like 2years ago so its pi2 not 3 and prolly old as fuck emustation version
>>
>>345258954
Most reviews say this

https://www.amazon.com/Buffalo-Classic-USB-Gamepad-PC/dp/B002B9XB0E

is amazing. Plus it comes with a turbo button, you don't get taht shit with Xbones or ps4s
>>
File: 1466121047654.jpg (65 KB, 824x720) Image search: [Google]
1466121047654.jpg
65 KB, 824x720
>mfw it costs a hundred kangaroo bucks here
I was tempted for 60 but never mind
>>
>>345259295
Who even uses the turbo button?
Thanks for the recommendation, though.
>>
>>345259114
>Mario Bros. is wasting a slot
Stopped reading there. Neck yourself, hipster.
>>
>>345259323
do you have high import taxes or are corporations just cucking australia?
>>
>>345255234
Can you put NES carts in it?
>>
>>345255234
AND THIS IS EXACTLY WHY THIS WAS MADE.
>>
>>345259469
>Unironically liking Mario Bros.
>>
>>345258527
That is because most people that would be interested in having a retropi already have a first party controller that will work with the pi
>>
>>345259114
Sadly, Nintendo doesn't own those fucking ips, you cunt.
>>
>>345259114
>thinking anyone would buy it without the obligatory SMB
>thinking Nintendo would obtain non-Nintendo developed games when getting the rights for many of them is impossible today
Retarded opinion.
>>
>>345259264
The controller it comes with uses the Wii remote port, so it can be used with Wii/Wii U titles as if a Wii Pro Controller. For this reason, it can be used with PC via bluetooth, same as a Wiimote. Also like I said earlier, the system may be hackable (in fact since it's Nintendo I'd wager that to be very likely)
It also looks very portable, unlike most people's Pi builds.
>>
File: 2258-01.png (2 MB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
2258-01.png
2 MB, 1200x900
>>345259124

>emulation on pi is wonky as fuck

well thats not true, only thing you can really say about the two is the convenience of just buying the nintendo box versus pi+controller+installing the shit yourself

but for me, id rather have pic related under my tv than the other thing, its pretty fun when people go WTF is that thing and you turn it on and just hold down on the dpad and scroll threw every fucking console/arcade game ever made
>>
File: 1304193899532.gif (28 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1304193899532.gif
28 KB, 125x125
I really hope Yurop will get the US version of the games
>>
>>345259865
Nintendo doesn't own Ninja Gaiden nor Megaman, that sure stopped them from including them in the nes mini

>>345259894
>thinking anyone would buy it without the obligatory SMB
I said Mario Bros. not Super Mario Bros my friend, read carefully before calling names on people
>>
File: 1467835464985.jpg (55 KB, 389x491) Image search: [Google]
1467835464985.jpg
55 KB, 389x491
>called the "NES Classic" which suggests it's a new run of the classic console, when it's just a very limited, glorified emulator in a plastic box that looks like a miniature NES
>can't put NES carts in it to play other games besides the 30 that are included, some of which you may not even want
>Nintendo confirmed in a statement that it can't even connect to the internet to download more games - you are stuck with what comes with it, and nothing else
>it's not even compatible with original NES controllers

It sounds like a piece of shit to me
>>
>>345260382
Enjoy your shitty framerates Europoors
>>
>>345260515
My bad, but the same applies.
I'm assuming its the more common Mario Bros+Duck Hunt?
>>
>>345256635
>Sure, it's a pointless item to a hardcore fan

Guys I need some SERIOUS help here. I was under the impression that the hardcore fans want the NES Mini. There is no fucking way anyone remotely casual can sit through an NES game. Who is this "hardcore fan"?

To me a hardcore Nintendo fan is someone who regularly plays Mario Party 1 or Melee or some shit to the point where their hand blisters. What's it to you guys, someone who owns fucking Splatoon?
>>
>paying $60 for the same ROMS they've been reselling you since the Gameboy Advance came out

I feel sorry for Nintendo fans. The absolute least they could have done for this is allow it to play cartridges. Even those bargain bin Genesis consoles let you do that.
>>
>>345260650
It's called the "Nintendo Entertainment System: Nintendo Classic Mini".
>>
>>345261097
IT'S

OK

WHEN

NINTENDO

DOES

IT
>>
>NES games
woopdie doo. call me when there's an SNES version with the entire SNES library. even then I'll probably still prefer fan translations
>>
>>345255234
Any cheap rusian famiclone has more games than this cukk.
>>
File: XTcciZ6.png (20 KB, 183x232) Image search: [Google]
XTcciZ6.png
20 KB, 183x232
>>345261164
Hold on, its not about nintendo specifically! Its just a great deal in general! Make sure to preorder, please.
>>
Why not just get a GCW Zero or whatever the most up-to-date/powerful handheld emulator is?

Speaking of that, what is the most powerful handheld emulator? Is it still the Zero, or has Pandora stepped their game up?
>>
File: Retro consoles.jpg (45 KB, 743x626) Image search: [Google]
Retro consoles.jpg
45 KB, 743x626
>>345260852
The regular Mario Bros where you kill crabs, bugs and other shit. You know, that one game they always included in the GBA Mario games?

I'm getting more and more interested in the Memepie 3, maybe I'll get one for shits and giggles
>>
>people literally wanting to buy a nintendo seal on a piece of plastic than a far superior and cheaper emu box

hoooly shite you niggers are retarded
>>
>>345261513
they don't call them nintendrones for nothing
>>
>>345261505

careful, you might catch whatever the fuck richard stallman has if you have a box with that much fucking freedom inside it
>>
>>345255234
>I got a brand new NES console

If this were the case then sure, I'd go for it

But no, it's a miniature plastic box with a raspberry pi taped to the inside. It's not even the same size as a proper NES

If they'd made it super vintage it would have been a cool novelty, but
>>
>>345255234

Enjoy your 50hz roms europoor.
>>
Would any company have the balls to rerelease vintage hardware? As in, a properly manufactured NES that could play carts, and maybe some limited offer repro carts of first party title?

Do you think it'd ever take off? Would you be interested in that sort of thing?
>>
>>345261956
yes, especially if its a cartridge console.

They could then, re-release incredibly rare carts for the system.
>>
>>345261956
I would jizz myself and buy every reproduction they released.
>>
>>345255234
NES is shit
if it was SNES with 30 games it might be worth it
>>
>>345261956

The problem with that is one, I think they'd have no repatent a lot of the hardware used for the NES, and two, getting a manufacturer to mass produce a bunch of vintage circuit boards and connectors that don't even exist anymore would probably be pretty costly. I think anyway, could be wrong

But I'd totally be into it. Most of my old consoles have yellowed or broken down in someway. Would love to have new ones
>>
Wait, so it's not an actual console that you can use your cartridges in?

In this case, you actually are paying for roms. You're better off just emulating off of your computer
>>
File: retron5.png (3 MB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
retron5.png
3 MB, 1280x960
>>345261956
>>345262095
>>345262162
>>345262387

if hipsters want something to stick carts into someone already made that

or do you want 5 boxes that look like their actual consoles
>>
>>345262821

The Retron 5 is fucking awful. It reads the cart as copy protection, then just rips the rom and boots an emulator. Games that have known issues in emulators still have them even when using the carts

And yes, part of the nostalgic appeal is having the actual consoles
>>
>>345262821
I had one of those. It was ugly as fuck, the cartridges didn't plug into the slots properly and the controller sucked azz. I want reproductions so I can get nice, new, boxed shit without paying out my ass for it.
>>
>>345261956
if correctly done it could satisfy both type of customers, a new nes with:
- original hardware, or at least new version of the hardware so it isn't a clone or emulation
-modern video outputs and stereo audio
-nes and famicom cartridge compatability
-0.5gb of internal storage to buy games from the eshop using a pc
-both original and new controller compatability

it would be more expensive, yeah, but it would be fucking amazing.

what the have released is like trying to go retro with cds that have the top printed like vinyls.
>>
>>345262172

>NES is shit

man.. can we go back to when whatever the fuck is after millennials weren't old enough to coherently voice their opinions on the internet

that would be nice.
>>
>those who can't or won't do that

Why would "can't" be included in this? It's a literal impossibility if someone is even able to post here. Why the fuck are people excited about this considering the price? They'll probably be overpricing "cartridges" with more games soon too. I don't even understand why they'd do this and not just fully commit to a re-release working-slot-and-all (with 30 games integrated for those without NES games of their own)

Then again, it's Nintendo, and this is Nintendogaf, it's not surprising to me that there would be people so underage here they think they "cant" emulate NES games that i'd probably be able to run even on my IBM from the mid 90's.
>>
>>345263653
NES is shit compared to the SNES in the same way the N64 is shit compared to the gamecube
no amount of good game design could compensate for the hardware not being ready at that point for 2D/3D graphics
That for the NES there wasn't even any kind of convention on good game design and the majority of games were just throwing ideas at the consumer to see what sticks is the final nail in the coffin

It's shit and while it definitely deserves to be remembered as the pioneer of vidya it doesn't deserve to be enshrined and put on some kind of pedestal
>>
>>345262172
it would be lacking so many games people consider essential that it feel like it didn't make even sense.
>>
>>345263653
kek baka familia kys we still haven't gotten to that point tbqh w/ u m8
>>
>>345264003
>people actually think this
children pls leave
>>
>>345256270
Supposedly the NES controllers for this will work on the Wii, which might convince me to pick one of them up.

Not knocking the classic controller, but sometimes you have to go with the original.
>>
>>345263028

>And yes, part of the nostalgic appeal is having the actual consoles

thats kinda my point sorta, like i don't think there is a middle ground between having the actual consoles and a CRT and something a company like Nintendo would actually make that wasn't just a box running emulator with roms

i have no idea but i assume it wouldn't make financial sense having a factory shittin out 30year old motherboards versus what their doing with this which is basically a retropi knockoff inside a plastic box with a nintendo sticker on it
>>
>>345264003
>That for the NES there wasn't even any kind of convention on good game design

Why would you post something that differs so far from opinion it can only be taken as a blatant lie? I have no idea how this board got to the point where it's now almost entirely literal 13 year olds defending Nintendo, talking about Pokemon GO in about 6 different threads, and trying to somehow insinuate you can't tell the difference immediately between a well designed NES game and some direct arcade port.
>>
>>345264345

i bet you anything that the nes controller is gonna be on par quality wise with the Chinese knockoff usb nes controllers, fuck even that box in OP image looks like the shity usb nes controller i have came in
>>
>>345264443
>i have no idea but i assume it wouldn't make financial sense having a factory shittin out 30year old motherboards versus what their doing with this which is basically a retropi knockoff inside a plastic box with a nintendo sticker on it

I doubt it's even going to be something like that, I'm sure they are going to use an ARM of the same family as the one in the 3DS an run the same emulator.
>>
>>345264931

Right, but read the reply chain. Dude was asking if any company would consider making repro vintage consoles
>>
>>345264790
they aren't going to be shitty, but don't expect them being 100% accurate replicas, the snes one doesn't even have the same button size
>>
>>345265037
yeah, but a meant that it's probably going to be a 3ds hardware instead of anything new.
>>
>>345262172
>kids reacting to the nes
>>
>>345265310
No you didn't newfaggot stop arguing with me or I'll just wreck your shit again.
>>
Gonna preorder one and an extra controller and then put it away until Christmas day.

All aboard the nostalgia train
>>
WHERE THE FUCK DO YOU PREORDER THESE FROM????
>>
File: 1442920060807.jpg (30 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1442920060807.jpg
30 KB, 480x360
>>345255832
>le normies!!!!!!!!!
>>
SNES = the pinnacle of 2D gaming
NES = the childhood that looks bleak and unloved in comparison
>>
>>345255234
If you can browse 4chan you can emulate NES games
>>
>>345255234
>think getting it would be redundant because of VC and no additional games
>still think it looks cute
Halp
>>
you mini-nes haters are idiots
this is a brilliant product
nintendo just re-released an official gaming console. a fucking classic nes for gods sake!!

i dont even want to play the games.
i just want this to sit on my computer desk because its the perfect desk ornamant. really

DONT BE A STUPID NIGGER
>>
>>345267643
>nintendo just re-released an official gaming console. a fucking classic nes for gods sake!!
Are you fucking stupid? It's literally not an NES. The internals are completely different and the externals are a cheap imitation.
>>
File: 1400805696365.png (643 KB, 726x1040) Image search: [Google]
1400805696365.png
643 KB, 726x1040
>>345255234
>tfw i'm a sucker for miniaturized consoles and plug & plays
>>
>>345267643
t. a shill
>>
>>345261386
There's literally NOTHING wrong with Jewish capitalism techniques
>>
>>345267846
>>345267906
How does it feel to be so dumb you can't identify the heavy sarcasm in his post?
>>
>Nintendo release shit they've had out for decades for a relatively high price for untouched shit
>Nintendo fans eat it up
>People act surprised

Of course Nintendo fans are gonna pay $60 for something they've already owned or can own for much cheaper. They'll try to justify it with "MUH COLLECTORS ITEM" but really they know they're goys
>>
>>345255234
can i play my nes games that i already own on it?
>>
File: 1460895463584.jpg (110 KB, 500x279) Image search: [Google]
1460895463584.jpg
110 KB, 500x279
>paying 50 for a flash console with just 30 roms as limit
>the nes is emulated everywhere, even Nintendo consoles make you pay 5 dollars for a game on VC
>the original nes controllers don't even work with this
Whatever. Even if they made a mini-nes-snes-n64 would be retarded when there are other options, but unfortunately retards will eat this shit.
>>
>>345268147
If Sony made a micro PS1 with 30 top games and a PS1 controller compatible with PC/PS3/PS4 I'd buy it, and you would too.
>>
>>345268426
>I-IF SONY

What the fuck has Sony got to do with anything? And that would be equivalent to an N64.

You don't have to justify your purchase to me anon, you're free to buy what you want. Just as i'm free to ridicule you for it.
>>
>>345268078
it's hard to tell someone is pretending to be an idiot when they're acting within their regular behaviour
it's just too convincing anon
>>
File: image.gif (1 MB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1 MB, 256x192
>>345256089
>Being this much of a penny-pinching nigger Jew.
>>
>>345255234
I just wanna know for sure if it's emulated or not and what modders can do.

Remember that Genesis TV game? Apparently it was a bunch of real genesis hardware with a custom multigame rom board soldered on and they replaced it with an actual cart slot to make it a fully working Genesis.
>>
>>345255234

Isn't there already consoles that can play every retro cartridge plus writable rom cartridges?
>>
>>345268573
I actually have no interest in a mini NES, mini SNES maybe and mini N64 definitely, I was just proposing an idea whilst hoping to provide a different viewpoint for you at the same time.
>>
>>345255234

>not just spending 2 minutes to download roms onto your laptop and HDMI'ing the laptop to a TV with your controller of choice.

Derp derp derp, emulators have been widespread for 20 years now why is this even a thing.
>>
>>345268635

picking a magical box that plays 30games
picking a magical box that plays 30,000

okay Tyrone whats your final answer.
>>
>>345269179

i think the "internet" is a new concept to most Nintendo customers
>>
>>345269068
>mini N64 definitely
You wouldn't want that in reality. They wouldn't have any Rare games on it. Without Rare the 64 library is lackluster at best.
>>
>>345269338
Id rather have a console that's seen as a collectors item with aesthetic and nostalgic value than some nigger-rigged junk heap. Have some class, anon. When you have a bit more money you'll learn its form over function sometimes.
>>
>>345269809
Shit, you're right
>>
>>345255234

>that can't

>cant

literally any PC, tablet and smartphone that came out in the past 25 years can emulate an NES with zero issues.
>>
>>345269816
>niger-rigged junk heap
you just described the very thing you're defending, fagtron.
>>
>>345269816
Not that Anon, but why would you spend 60 burgers bucks on the NES-Mini when a better (imo) alternative exists? Hell, you can get NES cases for Raspberry Pi boards.

Every NES/SNES/GB/GBA/Megadrive/Atari/Whatever I'm forgetting/DOS game for $50-60 is better than 30 NES games for $60, no?
>>
but will you be able to load more roms onto it
>>
>>345271163

Nintendo has said you can't even buy additional roms.

there might be a way to hack roms onto it, but give it a few months after release.
>>
Note 6 will be able to emulate PS2, Gamecube and Xbox games, and everything below that including PSP.
>>
File: 1453491263642.jpg (62 KB, 328x347) Image search: [Google]
1453491263642.jpg
62 KB, 328x347
>>345268613

>its not me, its him!!!
>>
File: 92bae-dscn0092.jpg (519 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
92bae-dscn0092.jpg
519 KB, 1600x1200
Oh Boy. Never seen something like this before
>>
>>345256205
>Normies like good graphics
that's a lie, they love it when shits all "8-bit" (even if its not actually 8-bit but just pixels)

>>345260650
Just play your original NES, fucking christ

>>345261097
>insisting on playing cartridges
including a cartridge loader would add quite a bit of $$$ to this, games would be expensive, and its clearly supposed to be a budget, niche device

I for one think its pretty cool. $60 for ~$150 of VC NES games. I have most of the NES games I already want on VC, but I might pick up one of those controllers. I'd be way more excited for a SNES-style controller, though- they really perfected the design with that one.
>>
they shouldve just released the NX with 30 bundled-in virtual console games and made that a huge point in advertising
>>
This is one of the stupidest things I have ever seen, and it's going to sell like fucking hot cakes

It's a god damn Plug and Play console. There are thousands of them and they were around for fucking years. Yet people will eat this shit up and act like it's something new and amazing.
>>
>>345272183
Look at the picture above your post. That thing costs about $40 at Dollar General and comes with triple the games pre-installed and still plays original Genesis cartridges. Nintendo has no excuse here.
>>
>>345261018
He was talking about someone who was very interested in NES games to begin with.
That person would probably not buy this toy which cannot support playing other games than it's virtual console selection, and would probably get a nes or another emulation machine with a bigger roster.

This is very fairly priced, though.
It's in impulse buy territory.
>>
>>345272058
>compatible with Genesis cartridges

Holy shit even Sega had their shit together when they were thinking about making this type of garbage. How the hell is it possible that people (even on neo-/v/ - Nintendogaf) are defending this?
>>
So can you plug actual NES carts into this or what? Is it just the 30?
>>
>>345272823
Just the 30. Fucking Sega has better shit than this >>345272058
>>
File: 4456.png (1 MB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
4456.png
1 MB, 1024x768
>>345269816

>nigger-rigged junk heap.

think your confusing the two products senpai

its not too late to learn how basic electronics work in the 21st century Tyrone
>>
>>345272058

Nintendo Mini
>1 controller
>30 games only
>Can't play NES carts
>Can't even BUY more games for it
>$60

Sega Deluxe
>2 Wireless controllers
>92 games built in
>Can play Genesis carts
>$38

And people will defend Nintendo
>>
>>345259114
I'm more upset of castlevania 2 being on the list, why not 3?
>>
>>345270949

BUT ANON WE GET A OFFICIAL NINTENDO CONTROLLER WITH IT
>>
>>345258874
Fuck, I forgot I could just do it with the wii.

There's enough room to put every game of every compatible console on my USB drive too, which I was in the process of downloading months ago for some reason.

Anyone knows how good wii emulators are in general?
>>
>>345273090
these cheap usb controllers are shit.
buy a real snes controller and use a USB adapter for christ's sake
>>
>>345273284
>games on the console don't save
>over 40 of the games AREN'T EVEN SEGA GENESIS/MEGA DRIVE GAMES
>the emulation is spotty for actual carts and the audio is always horrible

They're fucking both horrible. It's fucking sad how people will defend the shitty AtGame releases because GUHHHH NINTENDO.
>>
File: 1467942803263.jpg (30 KB, 400x384) Image search: [Google]
1467942803263.jpg
30 KB, 400x384
>>345255234
why are you faggots always shilling this
every fucking thread is
>Just accept this is a good deal
>ITS A GOOD DEAL, WHO CARES ABOUT FREE EMULATION
>ITS A GOOD DEAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
File: Dayum.gif (992 KB, 371x209) Image search: [Google]
Dayum.gif
992 KB, 371x209
>>345273090
>mfw that case
I must have the source.
>>
>>345273395

oh we got you covered, you'll be buying the Nintendo Mini 2 with 30more games for 60bucks also when it comes out right, the boys down at sales have this great idea to make the 2 look like a famicom also.
>>
>>345273515
I'm pretty sure no one is defending AtGame there buddy.

It's the point that this official Nintendo product that's being hyped to fuck and back is worse or equal to a Madcatz level product
>>
>>345273693
>tfw I have a PC NES controller

And that's all you need.
>>
>>345273090
>repulsive lcd
you will never know 240p nirvana
>>
>>345273728
If it emulates well, which it should since Nintendo themselves(?) are making the thing, then it shouldn't be an issue, especially since it's cheaper than VC on Wii/WiiU/3DS. At the end of the day though, if you buy an emulation box, you're a fucking idiot who doesn't respect themselves enough.

Also, wireless controllers on shit like this ARE NOT A PLUS.
>>
File: PhotoMar0874634PM.png (954 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
PhotoMar0874634PM.png
954 KB, 1024x768
>>345273697
i don't think any dope ones are mass produced and sold all the neat ones ive seen is just some dude's custom box he made
>>
File: 1446865748907.jpg (121 KB, 352x338) Image search: [Google]
1446865748907.jpg
121 KB, 352x338
>>345260650
Finally, something that isn't connected to the internet.
>>
>>345255234

phhhhhh you could just emulate it with the delay lag from emulation making it an incomplete yet free experience... pleb..

I can't wait till this is out since it'll be right before my birthday and the packing is delicious nostalgia. Between this and LoZ:BotW it's like Nintendo is just selling me my fantasies now.

Get out of my head Nintendo god damnit!
>>
>Buy NES for $10
>Buy controller for $5
>Buy games for $2-$3 each
>Have choice of what games I want and don't want

Hmmm
>>
File: maxresdefault.png (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.png
2 MB, 1280x720
i want to get a perfectly good working NES to destroy to make into a retropi
>>
>>345255234
i will only consider getting this if the homebrew community makes it so you can have the entire nes library on it otherwise waste of money desu
>>
File: CENA.gif (287 KB, 260x187) Image search: [Google]
CENA.gif
287 KB, 260x187
>>345274583
>you could just emulate it with the delay lag from emulation
Anon, what?
>>
>>345274608

you forgot the best part

>gigantic fucking crt
>shelves for all that garbage

just so you can play a 100kb 30year old video game for 5mins

yeah think i'd pick the box thats the size of a fucking business card hidden behind my tv that has games on it equivalent to 3 fucking spare bedrooms full of shit via your plan with the added bonus of not being literal pussy repellent, thx
>>
Can I watch Netlix and dank anime on a blueberry pi?
>>
>>345275448
Or have it inside your computer for free
>>
>>345274583

(you)
>>
>>345274608
$2-$3 a game for physical NES games.

Are you living in 1998?
>>
>>345275684

its a literal computer running linux

what do you think.
>>
>>345255234
And the shilling begins.
>>
>>345259435
Resident Evil 5 changed my mind about turbo buttons.
>>
>>345276349

>anyone would actually buy this thing

p sure its just people trolling pi fags
>>
>>345255234
Pass on this shit. Would be worth it if it was snes or n64 instead. They have games that last longer than 20 minutes.
>>
I don't get why /v/ gets so butthurt about this - it's going to sell millions and it's pretty obvious that the typical person who cares or knows how to emulate NES games isn't the target market.

The people who truly grew up with the NES are in their mid to late 30s and the older kids are into their 40s. These people probably don't game as much, have limited free time (due to career, wife, children, etc), and $60 for dozens of hours of nostalgia is a great deal for them.

It's also perfectly priced to be a good Christmas gift for someone that doesn't really break the bank and obviously isn't a major gift but will be memorable and fun to play with guests, show their kids what games they played, etc all on Christmas day.

I'm fully aware I can emulate thousands of games within a few seconds but I'm very tempted to buy this, assuming some places will probably drop it down to about $40 when shit goes on sale near Christmas.
>>
>>345276851
Judging from the massive amount of scalping with Nintendo products and Nintendo limited quantities I don't think this will even be available for purchase in time for Crimbo
>>
>>345277121

Assuming it's just a cheap ARM board and specs combined with a plastic case I doubt they'll take much time or have a ton of stock issues.

If they fail to get it out by Christmas season it would be one of the biggest fuck ups I've ever seen.
>>
File: digust squid.png (439 KB, 373x569) Image search: [Google]
digust squid.png
439 KB, 373x569
>>345272058
This rustles my jimmies. Nintendo finally does something cool that fans would appreciate, but in a halfassed way. Sega did the same thing years ago, but better, and nobody will ever know.
>>
>>345256205
>muh superior 8-bit challenge
there were always plenty of easy games, and ones that started easy and ramped up, Mario should be the fucking posterboy for that
>>
I'm thinking of buying a Raspberri Pi and making a small retro console with it. How hard are those things to set up?
>>
>>345278913

Not hard if you've ever fucked with computers before. Just make sure you follow instructions properly online and get all the right components.
>>
>>345278913
i wouldn't really say that it's hard to set up, but linux is a huge fucking headache.

you run into problems constantly
if you don't know how to code, you're better off not getting a pi and just using an old laptop or phone as an emulator.
>>
>>345277937
Yeah but Sega's attempt was awful
>>
Who can't emulate NES games?There are free websites that run SNES games like its miniclip.
>>
>>345255234
the real questions is what is the length of the cord on the controller
>>
File: 1468704215808.jpg (334 KB, 631x1355) Image search: [Google]
1468704215808.jpg
334 KB, 631x1355
>>345276349
>>
>>345258879
>I can smell the piss bottles from here
maybe you should clean your bottles, then
>>
A ton of my normie friends said they planned on buying this and some NES cartridges. Should I tell them?
>>
>>345280693
Got him!
>>
What's up with all this raspberry shit talk. I want the official product backed by the company itself. I dont want bootleg shit because I'm not a dog eating chink.
>>
File: 1461791021579.jpg (263 KB, 1280x1456) Image search: [Google]
1461791021579.jpg
263 KB, 1280x1456
I'm going to buy one for my gf
>>
>>345281018
>ill gladly pay two or three times the amount of money because it has a licensed stamp on it even though i'm getting a tenth of the content
>>
>>345256205
I think it has more to do with people buying it for the retro factor while it's still cool. I don't care how people spend their money but a majority of these normalfags will buy it for the "cool" factor maybe play it for 2 minutes and forget about it.
>>
>>345255234
>this is a great deal for those who can't or won't do that.
Putting aside the won't argument, how is it possible you can't?
Thread replies: 185
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.