[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who else picked this up on PS+? Fucking enjoying it, surprisingly.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: paragon.jpg (217 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
paragon.jpg
217 KB, 1024x576
Who else picked this up on PS+? Fucking enjoying it, surprisingly. Didn't expect much going in, but it's refreshing coming over from Dota 2.

Paragon thread? Paragon thread.

>tfw no general on /vg/

Why is the best hero Feng Mao? disregarding Rampage's rampage
>>
File: paragon2.jpg (380 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
paragon2.jpg
380 KB, 1920x1080
God dammit /v/, I know one of you is playing.
Shamelessly shilling this great fucking moba.
>>
Dammit /v/, I just want to talk about vidya games
>>
the sprint mechanic ruins fights imo.
>>
>Fucking enjoying it, surprisingly.
this would be most of /v/ if they played the games they shit on

and I might check it out, what would you say are the strengths of the game?
>>
>>345254201
Khaimera's hp/second buff is op, I love it. Enjoying the game but it doesn't quite feel balanced for team fights. Tanks don't feel like tanks, supports don't really support.
>>
>>345255626
Honestly, I don't mind it right now, though it definitely causes issues-- but apparently they're planning on removing it, which is good.

Alpha, etc etc

>>345255687
Seems like a bad point to start at, but the visuals are great.

I'm also enjoying being able to play a MOBA like this on the couch-- makes it a cozy experience.
Communication isn't a huge problem due to quick communication buttons you can use, think Tribes: Ascend style stuff.

The gameplay is polished as hell for such an early alpha, no major glitches on my end.

The F2P model currently in use isn't P2W, and isn't too grindy.

Also enjoying the layout of the map and the harvester idea they through in.
TL;DR, harvest points are basically capture points around the map-- a team can cap, then come back and "harvest" built up exp/money that flows to the entire team.
Puts extra responsibility on junglers.

>>345255941
>tanks don't feel like tanks
I disagree. Rampage and that new one, Stone -something, are great for any team right now.
>>
I guess for once I'm in the majority when I say a bland, Sci-Fi moba isn't what I need right now.

I can't say that any free game has ever appealed to me in all honesty.
>>
>>345256271
>bland
But it isn't anon

Fair enough otherwise
>>
Been playing for months but I'm going to stop. Why? Because Epic has completely fucked the game as of late.

>you can actually win with 3 rangers
>ALL casters are good for nothing
>select characters can solo a tower, without any minions to divert its cannon
>Twin Blast. No more to say about him.
>Rampage. No more to say about him.
>Kallari is worthless; all supports are worthless
>Meta is literally pure damage build

And you know what the kicker is? Epic completely acknowledges this, and actually told the Paragon community to git gud, and told them to read books about strategy. It was the most condescending thing I've ever read in my life. They claim to use this open beta for feedback and over half of their community detests the changes they've been making as of late, and in response Epic basically tells them to go fuck themselves. It's becoming much more of an FPS than a MOBA. I was loving this game about a month ago, but now I hope it fucking tanks.
>>
>>345256496
Ok, but for me there is absolutely zero visual appeal.
>>
>>345256831
Just recently they acknowledged that shit needs fixing. Balance patch for Rampage coming out this week, iirc
>>
>>345256831
I won't even get into the lack of communication and failure to prepare newer players for pvp mode
>>
>>345257156
Every other moba throws players right into PvP. This one tries to cushion the fall a little, at least.
>>
Best way to tell you're playing with noobs: select "I need help!" and see if your whole team comes running
>>
>>345258097
How does that show off noobs?
>>
Honestly, the only thing that really needs fixing is caster scaling.
>>
>>345256496
Yes it is.
>>
Fighters feel way to strong
Pretty much no way to get away from them since most of the mobility options on ranged/casters is trash, and fighter walking speed in combat is faster than other roles
>>
>Watching rangers/casters try to run away from fighters once they've already stuck to them

Might as well just embrace your death and try to kill them, you're not getting away
>>
>>345254201
I got in early with a friend and found it not only to not be worth the money, but also not be worth the time. I'd rather play Smite, Dota or maybe even LoL than Paragon based off of my last experience with it.

Every time one of these threads is made I look at the comments about balance to see if at least the general picture on meta or individual character balance has changed and every fucking time I see the same trend of "oh yeah they admitted that this perceived flaw is part of their design philosophy and told us to just learn to play with it and ignore what it's competition is doing." then you wait a fucking month and you look at the dev log and you notice them start to backpedal on whatever their position was.

I don't even know if this game is going to make it because it shit the bed so early on a lot of fronts except graphical fidelity (which doesn't necessarily mean that the throngs of MOBA players on toasters will be playing your game). I'll consider checking in on the game and reinstalling it after it gets out of beta.
>>
>>345260324
Fair enough, but considering it is an alpha, I don't know why people are surprised that balance is as iffy as it is
>>
>>345260464
Yeah, the balance is off, but more importantly the way in which they want to adjust balance is not going in the direction I would like and hasn't been for months.
>>
>>345261179
I feel you.
Hopefully they get their shit together on casters and auto-spring soon-- if that happens, I think the game will take off.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.