[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people claim this game is incomplete and doesn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30
Why do people claim this game is incomplete and doesn't have an ending when it ends at least three times? Plus the secret tapes resolve every single plot point, not just for this game but for the entire series. In fact, the Zero conversations are more concise and clear about the series' conceptual background than any other exchange and rant in the later games. I honestly thing The Phantom Pain tidied up the series storyline and it was overall well designed.
>>
File: CRGdH0VUEAA5Qq6.jpg.cf.jpg (33 KB, 533x399) Image search: [Google]
CRGdH0VUEAA5Qq6.jpg.cf.jpg
33 KB, 533x399
I agree anon, it's a great game
>>
Autists went nuts over some trailer footage not being in the game.
>>
I love how the game's story is structured like a television series, and then gets these extra epilogues in the end. Kingdom of the Flies wouldn't have been great, but it isn't all that essential.
>>
mgs v is a 4/10
>>
>>345252576
>lol let's just let a kid with fucking huge walking battle tank fly off to the sunset like nuffin happened!
Yeah, such a great ""ending""!
Look up Chapter 3: Lord Of Flies. Konami included the little they had finished of it as a bonus video in the Limited Edition discs.
>>
File: mgsv cut.jpg (204 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
mgsv cut.jpg
204 KB, 1280x720
>>345252576
It might have to do with children stealing Pequod, MGSalanthropus, and the English strain while Venom goes back to replaying old missions.
>>
>a bunch of pissed off teens fly off with two of the most dangerous weapons in the world
>every single plot point
>resolved
>>
the game didn't tie up almost anything, what did this game explain that we didn't already know about before this game existed? the game is almost completely self contained and irrelevant to the series
>>
>>345253375
Kingdom of the Flies would just be another Sally fight.
In my opinion there shouldn't be any of this chapter non sense and the game would end the second you defeat Metal Gear with all the 2nd Chapter fluff put before that fight.
>>
>>345252576
I finished it today.
It is obvious mission 47 was not supposed to randomly appear on my list.

The man who sold the world tape starts by saying, "Do you remember now."
Venom is looking into a mirror as if he had some sort of huge revelation.
They were planning to have an actual mission lead up to that final cutscenes.

Unrelated. Skullface was a moron. Ocelot says Psycho Mantis had a 5 mile range. Did he really think no one with more RAGE than him with go within 5 miles of the giant robot?
>>
>>345254009
>Something happens off screen
>Must not have happened.
Huh, guess FOXHOUND was never formed and the FOXHOUND unit never met each other since it wasn't a scene in a game.
>>
>>345255139
>Kingdom of the Flies would just be another Sally fight.
did you even watch the film? There'd be plenty of stealthan, and fighting both XOF and Sally, potentially in real joint-op with DD forces. Not to mention the ending part with Liquid getting shot thanks to the throwback color-blindness effect giving another reason for him to hate BB would tie it up with MGS1 so much better.
>>
>>345255481
FOXHOUND was formed in Portable Ops.
>>
>>345252576
does anyone consider that another reason kingdom of the flies was cut was because of last gen consoles maybe not as big as everything else but still an important part
>kingdom of the flies was supposed to have a big battle with lots of helicopters
>the games already ran at sub 30 fps
>this battle would probably make the last gen consoles shit themselves
>development clause with sony and MS with the game not allowed to have any significant content difference between current and last gen consoles
>>
>>345252576

There is huge loose end with the children stealing Metal Gear and that virus. With episode 51, which is just available half-finished in the limited edition copies of the game as a video, I would be perfectly happy with the story. Kojima has said things that suggest the game is meant to feel incomplete on purpose though, when talking about the Japanese language novelization, because the game, after all, is about these broken characters trying to gain fulfillment by chasing something that constantly escapes them, "the phantom pain", so the game might be perfect after all. Currently it's a 9/10 game (whatever you have to save about the story, the gameplay is fucking perfect), but with age I might come to see it as 10/10.
>>
>>345255638
>Non canon games
Nope, according to your arbitrary definition, if it isn't a scene explicitly shown in a canon game it never happened.
>>
>>345255318
>Skullface was a moron
I think he was a total nihilist and simply didn't really give a fuck. He was impressed by the rage that took over Mantis.
>>
>>345255741
They ran out time and money. It cost over 80 million and they had to release the beginning of the game as a $40 prologue.
>>
>>345252576
>>345253116
>>345253375

Triggering people saying the countrary of what the game its: The Post
>>
Story wise it was shit

>Zero dindu nuffin
>paz dindu nuffin
>didn't even fight skullface
>that missing liquid snake chapter
>not a single sight of solid snake

There are many more points to make, but these are the worst offenders
>>
Kojima is a genius, he purposely left the ending incomplete so we would feel like Metal gear himself
>>
>>345255983
I can believe this. The prologue felt like the Tanker mission in MGS2, then they pull a fast one in the main game. They should have both been in one package.
>>
>>345254668
>what did this game explain that we didn't already know about before this game existed?
It explained how BB looked how he did at the end of MGS4 despite what happened to "him" at the end of MG2
Because death is very firmly grounded in reality in the Metal Gear series. The way BB came back from an apparent death was very unusual for the franchise. I'm glad they fixed such a glaring flaw.
>>
Game should have been shorter desu
>>
>>345252576
It is a great game and was about 70% there. What I felt would have made it the perfect mgs game where the following changes.
>Skull Face Boss fight while MG-84 was blowing shit up in the background.
>One or two bases like from Ground Zero
>More NPC at MB both main and min or you can interact with all the time
>Sins of the Father plays as Venom first heads out to save Kaz, Not during the car part
>Can make custom words for the Base Icon/patch
>Chapter 3: Peace, new island, Mission 51 as it was supposed to be.
>>
>>345256127
>Zero dindu nuffin
he did do something, he was just silently depicted as much more sinister than he really was before you hear the man himself talk about his goals.
>>
>those Paz cutscenes
>turns out Venom was hallucinating the whole thing over the guilt of not finding the second bomb
That was kinda sad
>>
>>345256407
>depicted as the guy who was fighting big boss and shit
>was actually missing his friend and even saved him from certain death, hid him from the world and planned an escape goat for him

It was horrible
>>
>>345256127
>I didn't get pandered to therefore it's bad.
Only legit gripes are the skullface and missing chapter one, but if you're not 100% brain dead retarded you know how the Liquid plot line ended, it's common fucking sense.
The story not being the way you wanted isn't "Shit" it's you being a big baby you weren't pandered to after MGS4 went full fanservice.
>>
>>345256352
>60 dollar game should have less content
>>
>>345252576
I'll defend this game until the end of time because it is easily better than 4, it's one of my favorite metal gear games but it's obvious that it was meant to be more
than this. I wasn't disappointed by it but I wish the game had a few extra months of dev time so Kojima could put in the elements he had to cut (chapter 3, skull face becoming mother base staff, that tape from Venom to BB)
>>
>>345253116
>Autists went nuts over some trailer footage not being in the game.
They showed every single cutscenes in the trailers. They even fucking showed a clip from the truth mission that revealed the plot twist.

>>345256284
What the hell are you even talking about? They did not explain anything for MGS2. Venom died in MG1. Then BB was lit on fire, captured by the patriots, put into a coma with nanomachines, and had his body repaired with spare parts from Solidus in MG2.
>>
File: 1461934693088.jpg (33 KB, 800x424) Image search: [Google]
1461934693088.jpg
33 KB, 800x424
>you can hear Solid Snake wreck havoc in the background
For all the flaws this sequence was rad.
>>
>>345255481
Don't compliment the game for resolving every plot point if it actually doesn't. By you logic the game could have stopped right at mission 5 and it would have still been perfect because "the rest just happened off screen"
>>
>>345256517
it's more consistent with the Zero we've known in the beginning. I didn't buy that he'd suddenly turn into a total mustache twirling villain scheming behind the scenes.
>>
>>345256127
The part where they didn't even show solid or solidus is what bothered me the most. We still have no info on their past, just a tiny bit of liquid's past, which was him escaping to a shithole for some weird reason
>>
File: fish cops.jpg (31 KB, 458x319) Image search: [Google]
fish cops.jpg
31 KB, 458x319
>>345256627
>easily better than 4
>>
This entire game only answers one question that nobody even ever wanted an answer to, how big boss was alive in MG2.
>>
>>345256709
Nah, Solid didn't have near that much firepower. I think it was just generic war ambiance.
>>
>>345256906
>game dedicated itself just to explain this shit

My main gripe with it
>>
File: What.jpg (30 KB, 505x431) Image search: [Google]
What.jpg
30 KB, 505x431
>>345256736
No, it wouldn't have been, it would have been a short shitshow grindfest.
But the story maintained itself long enough so that you could unlock 80% of the content without even thinking of grinding, the story held up the gameplay, etc.
You're just pissed it wasn't the second coming of christ and a MGS3 2.0.
The game was great, you just hyped it upo way too much and got dissappointed it wasn't perfect.
And then you have a whole other group of retards pretending they got ripped off for over 100 hours of content, and over 50 without the side op shenanigans.
And I bet the response to this will be "DURR HURR QUALITY=/= CONTENT I'M A FUCKING RETARD"
>>
>>345256284
You realize that the real BB was the one who got burned in mg2? The credits say this, it's not open for interpretation.
>>
>>345257035
Are you the same person? Do you even know what you are arguing about anymore?
>>
>>345257194
No I'm not, I'm just arguing that your gripes with the game are trite as shit.
"Why wasn't my fanon dreams met" isn't a fucking critique.
>>
>>345256709
>make avatar black
>see a black guy staring back at you in the mirror
>venom punches the mirror in disgust after realizing he's a nigger
Best ending imo
>>
>Metal gear solid peace walker
>Zero stablished as the villian who will send people to stop snake due to different ideals
>Snake clearly states at the end he has created an army and that he is nothing but a cog of war, a dog that fights war as a mercenary, so you know he doesn't give a fuck anymore and will always be on the battlefield

>Metal gear solid 5
>Zero saves Naked snake
>Big boss accepts zero's help and goes with his plan of hiding himself, despite both having fucking different ideals, they're friends again
>T-the bad guy was this dude who was spying you in the third game all along
>Big boss is a coward and abandons the battlefield and his idea of an army without borders for a while since his double is doing that for now

Fuck this game's story desu
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 514x384) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 514x384
>>345256517
>>345256742
>>
>>345256701
>They showed every single cutscenes in the trailers

so where's the one where venom is in a burned down village screaming?
>>
>>345257343
So you do actually have no idea what was bring argued about.
>>
File: 1446864178827.png (70 KB, 654x394) Image search: [Google]
1446864178827.png
70 KB, 654x394
>>345256963
>Solid didn't have near that much firepower
This is your endgame firepower in MG, he looks loaded to me.
>>
>>345257594
Why would I to know your gripes were simple whines?
Did I say I knew what the fuck you two were talking about?
But it's good to know you realized I was right and backed down.
>>
>>345255481
>but it happens off-screen!
It's a new plot element, it isn't in any of the other games
Unlike FOXHOUND, this element is not backstory. It's front and center at the very end of the game.

This leads the audience to expect it will be resolved in-game, not a timeline rundown in the credits.

Moreover, we know that they had planned on including that part of the story, but it was cut.
>>
>>345257002
You act like its the only thing explained in this game. Huey's falling out with BB, Zeros intentions, and some backstory on Miller, Ocelot, and liquids history with "boss". It doesn't have to explain every little bullshit detail, I just enjoyed seeing some of the loose ends from peace walker tied up and a few familiar faces.

Biggest problem with the game is Cowboy Troy's shit VO work
>>
>>345257541
Thing is, they showed so much in the trailers they even showed things that were cut.
So at the end we got more cutscene in the fucking trailers than in the actual game.
>>
File: mgsvtpp 2016-07-16 21-59-36-22.jpg (112 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
mgsvtpp 2016-07-16 21-59-36-22.jpg
112 KB, 1920x1080
I just did this last night and I have no idea if I'm done or not because I still have 4 missions and like 60 side ops left.

-Skull Face is dead
-Quiet is resolved and I've got her back already
-I've killed my own men in the quarantine facility
-Paz has appeared on the base
-Huey has left the base
-Eli has left the base
-I've learned Venom's identity

Am I done or not?

Also why the fuck did they make me do that insufferable hospital level twice?
>>
>>345257730
Doesn't change the fact we already know how it ends.
Anyone pretending it's a "Plot hole" is a fucking moron.
Yes it was cut from the game, is it left unexplained? Not if you played ANY of the fucking games prior to V.
Liquid didn't have Sehelepopotomus in MGS1, the end.
>>
>>345257718
>Did I say I knew what the fuck you two were talking about?
Then they did you respond to people taking about whether the story was finished with a massive barely coherent paragraph.
>>
>>345257734
I completely forgot about huey. What the fuck was going on with huey? He was a pretty alright dude in peace walker, why did he go insane and lied about everything in the second game? He even built shit for snake
>>
>>345255481
>defending bad writing
>>
>>345258003
>I must state my intent and business on an anonymous image board like I'm traveling to a different country.
Maybe learn to process 2 things at once, at some point in your life 2 people will want to discuss 2 things with you at one time.
>>
>>345252576
Because everything we thought the game would be about (Outer Heaven, BB turning into his MG1 incarnation) happened off camera.

Also, as you said yourself, the plot is resolved entirely through audio tapes that magically appear in your inventory in a big bundle at the end.
>>
>>345256353
>>Skull Face Boss fight

no
>>
>>345258120
Guess Drive has bad writing because it doesn't explicitly state if Goslings character survived getting stabbed.
I mean, it's a new plot element and they don't clarify it for retarded viewers like yourself.
>>
>>345258219
>Skull Face Boss fight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8Q305FsRIc
>>
>>345256742
>I didn't buy that he'd suddenly turn into a total mustache twirling villain scheming behind the scenes.
That's because the Patriots weren't that.

Volgin was that
Liquid was that, kind of sort of

None of the other "villains" are.
This series is about how the [scene] is framed based on our [memes] perpetuated by [genes] to create conflict where it might not otherwise be.

For the most part, and especially between Big Boss and Zero, the conflict all boils down to a different [sense] of what's right.
>>
>>345258063
He was kind of a shady guy in peace walker. It's implied that he stole all or most of his mech designs from others and it's pretty easy to believe skullfuck could convince him to work for him. He had to fuck off at some point and time to go kill himself so why not make him an asshole? I like how they treated his character, the strange love thing was a little weird though.
>>
>>345253116
There was literally one 3 second scene with those birds that wasn't in the trailer.

EVERYTHING ELSE was in the FUCKING GAME.
>>
>>345258063
Scientists are almost always betray you in Metal Gear
>Kio Marv
>Sokolov
>Huey
>>
File: mgsvtpp 2016-07-17 00-05-20-03.jpg (146 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
mgsvtpp 2016-07-17 00-05-20-03.jpg
146 KB, 1920x1080
>>345257847
/v/?
>>
>>345252873
>tfw I go to the same uni as she did <3
>>
>>345258523
You finished it bud.
I am Big Boss and so are you.
>>
>>345258313
Drive would be comparable to MGS5 if Gosling's character started tailing the dude that he kills on the beach and then the film suddenly ended and a bunch of title cards described the last scenes.
>>
>>345258313
Stopping the parasites was the single most important plot element. If they weren't going the finish the story, they should have just let Snake destroy every vial when Skullface died.
>>
It's not so much that the game is unfinished, it's PACKED with content even Eli can be considered a reference to MGS2 and FOXDIE.

It's just GZ was so affecting with what little story it has, and it looked like it would be going in a similar place with TPP-for the length of a full game!-That it didn't even seem interested in even going there after it released was a tough pill to swallow for some.

But shit the game is almost perfect
>>
>>345258649
Nope, Gossling is stabbed, woman and her kid are left unexplained, we don't know if he lives, we don't know what he plans on doing after being chased by the mafia.
You have no idea what you're talking about, and it fucking shows.
>>
>>345258315
no
>>
>>345258709
Saving the woman and her kid was the objective for him in Drive and we don't know if the Mafia merks them anyway.
>"B-but it showed them not die"
Yes because the mafia just forget loose ends.
>>
File: mgsvtpp 2016-07-16 17-39-18-41.jpg (63 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
mgsvtpp 2016-07-16 17-39-18-41.jpg
63 KB, 1920x1080
>>345258597
He's the two of us together
>>
>>345258927
I'm the right half, you're the evil half though.
>>
>>345257847
One thing bugs me about this cutscene

At the beginning you see the Diamond Dogs emblem on the door

At the end you see the Outer Heaven emblem

What the fuck does it mean?
>>
MGSV doesn't explain the state of the world in MG2.
>Complete World Peace without nukes
>Zanzibar is the only nuclear power in the world
>there's a scarcity of oil
>Scientist makes magic Microbe that produces oil

Of course this is completely retconned to the void once you get into MGS1 but still.
>>
>>345257035
>But the story maintained itself long enough so that you could unlock 80% of the content without even thinking of grinding, the story held up the gameplay, etc.
Because they stretched out the "story" with all those filler missions where you're extracting a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy that might know something about cipher.
But at least the gameplay was great. Fultoning shit is SOOOOOO much fun! I'm glad they dropped boring shit like boss fights to include more of it.
>>
>>345259113
>Complete World Peace without nukes
That's why disarmament needs to be achieved in MGSV first, anon!
>>
>>345257946
>Liquid didn't have Sehelepopotomus in MGS1, the end.
That's such a non-sequitor answer, you have to be developmentally challenged.

"What happened to Sahelanthropus, which Liquid ran off with?"
Uh, he doesn't have it :^)

That doesn't say anything about what happened.
>>
>>345259110
Means Venom accepted the mantle of Big Boss and now runs Outer Heaven.
Not that hard to figure out, he even smirks when he hears "u r big boss now"
>>
>>345259221
>Hurr durr there aren't any cutscenes so it's filler

Why not try switching up your playstyle if you're bored?
>>
>>345258795
My analogy reflects MGS5 by suddenly ending the narrative before an impactful scene that was obviously meant to come before the resolution, and resolving the plot through an obviously rushed method.
>>
>>345259368
That's what I thought initially

But there's a lot of people saying it was a time skip forward to when Solid Snake infiltrates and destroys Outer Heaven and that this scene is moments before Venom's fight with him
>>
>>345259221
>Optional gameplay elements are all of the gameplay
>"Why didn't they just use a bird to drop the ring" tier retardation.
Okay, you're done.
>>345259340
>I can't piece together anything with any of the info I have please hold my hand Kojima san"
>>
>>345259453
The paz sequence is a pretty impactful way to end everything.

Not to mention the abruptness ties in thematically with the Venom twist
>>
>>345257510
>>Big boss is a coward and abandons the battlefield and his idea of an army without borders for a while since his double is doing that for now

He was creating Outer Heaven.
Fuck, I just realized what I said. Can someone explain.
>>
>>345259340
He used Sally's head to make Rex's cockpit since Psycho Mantis in his middle age was only good for fourth wall jokes.
>>
File: 1346461754593.jpg (85 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
1346461754593.jpg
85 KB, 640x960
>>345258709
This. The kids getting away with Sahelanthropus isn't as big a deal as a parasite that could destroy the entire English speaking world.
That sure as hell isn't resolved without Kingdom of the Flies
>>
>>345258795
>You have no idea what you're talking about, and it fucking shows.
Well you are the retard that randomly brought up Drive in a mgs thread assuming everyone has watched it.
>>
>>345259398
Not him but my God switching your playstyle is expensive. I've spent millions of GMP on developing items to vary my playstyle
>>
>>345259113
>completely retconned to the void once you get into MGS1

It's actually in the previous ops menu of MGS1 so I don't think it's retconned.
>>
>>345259368
That smirk could also be "Oh, that clever asshole..."
>>
File: 1468453373823.jpg (37 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1468453373823.jpg
37 KB, 500x375
>>345259221
>I'm glad they dropped boring shit like boss fights
>>
File: 402652.jpg (145 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
402652.jpg
145 KB, 960x720
>>345256353
>Skull Face Boss fight while MG-84 was blowing shit up in the background.
Would have been fucking awesome if it was a combo of Gene's fight in MPO and the final fight against Peace Walker in PW.

>Serak Power Plant
>Skull Face casually walking around, giving a grand speech
>occasionally blasting at you with his mare's leg
>calling in groups of XOF soldiers to attack your position
>DD copters come in, drop some DD troops who engage the XOF troops allowing you to target Skull Face
>all while Sally is in the background prepping up for launch and dealing with DD gunships
>>
File: MGSV in a nutshell.webm (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
MGSV in a nutshell.webm
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>
File: 1467055923813.png (2 MB, 1562x1781) Image search: [Google]
1467055923813.png
2 MB, 1562x1781
>never get to kill the niglets that stole the metal gear and killed your members with their kikongo disease.
>>
>>345259682
>Liquid creates an inferior mech
Why
>Mantis gets exponentially weaker as he gets older
Why

MGSV asks more questions than it answers
>>
File: mgsvtpp 2016-07-16 21-58-12-50.jpg (121 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
mgsvtpp 2016-07-16 21-58-12-50.jpg
121 KB, 1920x1080
>>345259745
>>
>>345257946
So like I said in >>345256736, you'd be completely OK if the plot stopped at mission 5, because we can assume that whatever happened with skullface and the mysterious things cipher was doing must have been resolved somehow because it's not adressed anymore in the later games so it doesn't really matter.
>>
>>345259682
Hal created Rex. Liquid just took over Shadow Moses to steal it.
>>
>>345259682
Otacon created REX, bro.
He used the blueprints Huey got from Granin in MGS3.
>>
>>345260023
Looks like a pretty angry smirk to me.
>>
>>345258531
ask her out, dude
>>
>>345260167
>>345260156
Don't bother explaining basic shit to people who played 1 game in the series, they deserve to suffer in ignorance.
>>
>>345260220
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B5IwIGaT4pU
Doesn't sound so angry about it to me. Wish we could've had more of shit like this at the end
>>
>>345260582
This is unlocked after complete nuclear disarmament.

It makes no sense to me. Outer Heaven is pretty objectively evil. Why is Venom taking about building a better future with Big Boss?
>>
>>345259110
>Venom gets manipulated by Ocelot and Kaz to create Outer Heaven, secretly being directed by Big Boss
>eventually Venom finds out with the tape Big Boss gave him
>realizes the past decade of his life has been a lie
>all the memories he has aren't really his, some of them aren't even real
>doesn't even know who he really is
>becomes paranoid, removes Ocelot and Kaz from Outer Heaven
>doesn't think twice about Gray Fox, who is working for the real Big Boss
>stages a grand coup and takes Outer Heaven as his own
>despite everything gone through in MGSV and everything that has happened, he orders the kidnapping of Madnar and development of a nuclear equipped Metal Gear
>Big Boss sees Venom now as a thread
>as the current and secret leader of FOXHOUND, he sends in Solid Snake to kill Venom
>>
>>345261062
This would be perfect, but in the nuclear disarmament cutscene Venom sounds all buddy buddy with Big Boss.
>>
>>345259684
Doesn't matter. The world is still OK in the later games, so we no the problem was fixed. No plot hole here!
>>
>>345254668

Huey
Strangelove
Miller hating Big Boss
Zero's crippling and his motivations
>>
>>345260582
I still can't tell if that's Venom talking to Big Boss or BB talking to The Boss. I don't think it's Venom to The Boss, as he never met her and felt nothing when he found the AI pod.
>>
>>345261556
I think it's more along the lines of the la le lu li lo wanting the clone taken care of because they found out about outer heaven (which was really just a diversion to avert attention away from BBs disneyland)
>>
File: 1442035696118.png (2 MB, 1534x932) Image search: [Google]
1442035696118.png
2 MB, 1534x932
>>345260167
>>345260156
Granin created Rex whole sale, even the supposed weakpoint Otacon added was already there, the lying cunt.
Also the only reason whe Shagohod was constructed was because everyone was like "LEGS?! NONSENSE".
this was the last time common sense mattered in metal gear
>>
>>345257541
I thought that was the scene after he guns down the infected Mother Base staff members in the Quarantine platform, but in another location.
>>
>>345261823
>I haven't forgotten what you told me BOSS
Why would BB call the medic Boss, and what did he ever say to BB that was so important? It's obviously venom's response to BB
>>
>>345262038
No, I'm saying it could be Big Boss talking to THE Boss.
>>
>>345261556
>>345262038
You do realize Venom was referring to The Boss in that cutscene, not Big Boss, right?
>>
>>345262271
But why would he make the comment "what I.... we will leave behind". I don't think he was talking to his dead mentor, although it's not the most tinfoil theory.
>>
>>345262447
Yeah, I forgot BB rejected her at the end of Peace Walker, so it can't be him speaking. And Venom never met The Boss, so it has to be Venom to BB.
>>
>>345262623
>Venom never met The Boss
He has all the memories of Big Boss.
>>
>>345262623
But when he says "I need to drive this demon out of me." He could mean getting the Big Boss out of his mind. By that point Big boss would want to be a demon of war.
>>
What about the unsung story of the hero known as Colonel Vermon CaTaffy
>>
>>345262753
That's still pretty out there. If he DID get all of BB's memories, he would have got the one of him rejecting her and throwing away the bandana. And really, how could Cipher have even known about that to put it in his head?
>>
>>345262901
I don't think even Kojima knows about all of this. The whole ending is just fucking full of plot holes.
>>
Why didn't Venom summon the power of Zeus' lightning in MG.
Snake would be toast.
>>
>>345263071
Still easier to piece together yourself than mgs4 desu. At least it's somewhat open to interpretation, some of it is pants on head retarded but nothing can be worse than the liquid ocelot hypnosis bullshit.
>>
>>345252576
It was different and popular so obviously /v/ hated it
>>
>>345255318
>It is obvious mission 47 was not supposed to randomly appear on my list. The man who sold the world tape starts by saying, "Do you remember now."
>Venom is looking into a mirror as if he had some sort of huge revelation. They were planning to have an actual mission lead up to that final cutscenes.

Uhh. did you forget the very start of the game? The entire game is venom reflecting on his "life" as big boss. It wasn't cut, the entire game is happening as venom stares in the mirror in outer heaven.
>>
>>345263306
Why didn't Venom get another soldier, give him plastic surgery and brainwash him into thinking he was Big Boss and then have that guy fight Snake?
>>
>>345263590
Why didn't that soldier get another soldier, give him plastic surgery and brainwash him into thinking he was Big Boss and then have that guy fight Snake?
>>
>>345252576
I have it for the PS4, played an hour in that city you arrive in a horse and it felt a bit blant

Does the game improve? is it wortyh wasting time on it?
Looking to sell my PS4 and might as well finish this game
>>
>>345261714
>Zero's crippling and his motivations
Why did a 100 year old man being in a wheelchair need to be explained?
>Miller hating Big Boss
Until this game, it was never stated that he hated Big Boss.
>>
>>345263779
Why didn't Venom brainwash all of his soldiers and create an army of Big Bosses?
>>
>>345263779
Why even MAKE Solid Snake and wait 18+ plus years til he's on the battlefield when you can just brainwash and give someone plastic surgery?
>>
HOW DO I GET MORE FUEL
>>
>>345263590
And solidus was born
>>
>>345263906
>anon gives examples
>ignore half of them
>cherrypicking easy ones
>THATS DUMB

Cmon anon..
>>
>>345256284
>It explained how BB looked how he did at the end of MGS4 despite what happened to "him" at the end of MG2
But MGS4 explained that... They grafted Solidus's skin over Big Boss's flesh.
>Because death is very firmly grounded in reality in the Metal Gear series. The way BB came back from an apparent death was very unusual for the franchise. I'm glad they fixed such a glaring flaw
Sokolov came back in PO (sorta not canon)
Gray Fox came back
Liquid came back as arm
Mantis was still floating around in 4
Dr. Madnar is alive in MGS4 despite getting blown up in MG2.
Big Boss himself is alive in 4 even though I burned him to crisp in MG2

Yea, """"""death"""""" is very real in MGS alright.
>>
>>345261714
>game explains how Kaz goes from being buttbuddies with Big Boss to leading Solid Snake to kill him
>doesn't explain how a nearly blind man with 1 arm and 1 leg because an instructor for the SAS, Green Berets, Marines and FOXHOUND

MGSV creates more questions than it answers.
>>
>>345258531
IN THINGS THAT NEVER HAPPENED
ANON WENT TO UNIVERSITY WHERE A CERTAIN JOOSTEN ALSO KNOWN AS LEWD GIRL QUIET ALSO WENT THERE
>>
Uhh I don't know, maybe because a bunch of kids stole a mech capable of firing a nuke and a virus capable of killing almost everyone on Earth?
>>
IN THE FATHER'S SINS
LET ME SUFFER NOW

A N D
N E V E R
D I E
>>
>>345264186
I'm not the person he replied to. I'm only pointing out that those 2 examples are stupid because there was nothing to explain. It also highlights an inherent problem with MGS games since 3: the desire to explain everything to an absurd level.
>>
>>345261714
>Huey
Nothing needed to be explained until Ground Zeroes. Before that we would have all just assumed he just did research elsewhere and then get cucked by his son.
>Strangelove
Same thing. We all would have just assumed to she just continued her research elsewhere, with her life or death not really mattering outside of the plot of V
>Miller hating Big Boss
Didn't even know this a was thing until V
>Zero's crippling and his motivation
We could all just easily assume it was because he was old as shit, and his motivations were explained quit plainly in 4
>>
>>345252576
The Zero tapes were the best storytelling in the series by a huge margin (I haven't played 4 to be fair though so I could be wrong).
>>
>>345264795
>motivations were explained quit plainly in 4
Actually, does MGSV contradict Eva's speech in MGS4? BB and Zero didn't exactly hate eachother in the end.
>>
>Zero wears pyjamas and a tie

I didn't know such a thing was possible. Is this the ultimate merging of comfy and class?!
>>
>>345258313
Are you actually this retarded?
>>
>>345264795
you can say this about every plot point if you really want to.

Just because the game gave closure to things you don't care about doesn't mean they're invalidated.

After peace walker I actually found huey's interpretation of taking his life into his own hands and not being a pussy nice, because he ends up being as big of a piece of shit as everyone else around him.

Strange love and huey's characters and finales give tons of insight to hal as a character, imo.

By your logic we didn't need to see big boss either, because we can just assume he's off doing bad guy things, which means MGS V was fine as is, right?
>>
>>345264263
>Also doesn't explain how Snake didn't notice that Big Boss had grown a horn and a robot arm for their Outer Heaven fight, which he had lost again by the time of Zanzibarland.
>>
File: erw3234.jpg (886 KB, 696x4784) Image search: [Google]
erw3234.jpg
886 KB, 696x4784
It isn't over yet.
>>
>>345265408
>MGSV should not have even been a prequel
Prequels are the worst thing to happen to MGS.
>>
>>345265762
mgs4 was probably the worst thing to happen to mgs, sadly. Fans demanding closure and kojima actually listening to them was the biggest mistake.

If MGS 4 had been completely unrelated or just another game about snake taking on a metal gear with new anti war themes, none of this would have happened.
>>
>>345266171
True true, but MGS3 got the ball rolling. And while I like the game, and don't think that the game was designed to explain things, every game since has had a story's who's purpose is to explain X, Y, and Z.
>>
>>345263972
That's the FOB shit explained :^)
>>
>>345266448
MGS2 was the one that fucked the series beyond recovery.
>>
>>345266765
MGS1 fucked it up by making it 3d.
>>
Game should have ended the same way, but with some more tying up/bridging the gap with a hopeless Venom vs SS boss fight.

I was so hype for this possibility and it failed to deliver.
>>
>>345266923
MG2 fucked up by introducing sequelitis to the series
>>
>>345266765
No, It was mGS4 trying to tie every plot element from MG1, MG2, MGS1, MGS2, and MGS3 in a fucking cluster fuck of nonsense that fucked it.
>>
>>345266970
I was legitimately waiting for the bathroom mirror scene to end and some alarm or something to go off to direct venom to some area, and having the camera switch your control over to snake as you radio in that you've infiltrated outer heaven.

I would have marked out so hard.
>>
>>345266923
The first two were garbage and you know it.
>>
>>345267115
MGS4 wouldn't have been a clusterfuck if not for 2 taking things beyond the retard event horizon.
>>
>>345267037
I don't know where to go with the joke from here. It was fun though.

>>345267267
MGS1 was my first and probably still my favourite in a lot of ways. The entire series is pretty godlike though. Yes including 4 and 5. Don't respond to this post if you didn't play MGS1 on release please.
>>
>>345266765
MGS2 was literally just Evangelion simplified.
>Shinji is Raiden, being You, but discovering himself at the end when he's congratulated
>Instead of Human Instrumentality you have Patriot AI that makes one universal truth for everyone (HIP was made into "literally globalism" in MGSV)
Depression and religious metaphors cut off because filthy gaijins wouldn't understand :^)
>>
>>345266970
>>345267214

>>345266970
In retrospect, they must have known the game would come out unfinished at least a year before release. It would have been nice if Kojima had just accepted he couldn't deliver the big stuff, and instead put his effort into reworking the last couple missions like you say.
>>
>>345265408
Extra characterization is nice, but the only closure we got were to questions we didn't have until we played 5. Meanwhile the question everybody was asking (how exactly did the guy in MGS3 turn into someone who decided it was a good idea to manufacture soldier out of orphaned children) doesn't get answered. Aside from explaining what happened to Paz, the game doesn't really do anything to justify it's own existence from a plot standpoint. They could have just made a game with the exact same gameplay but instead made the story revolve around how Ocelot became so obsessed with cowboys and it wouldn't have made a difference.
>>
>>345267473
Also
>I DON'T WANT TO DO THE MISSION
>DO THE FUCKING MISSION

>Who am I, really?
>WELL WHO *ARE* YOU? NOBODY KNOWS
>>
>>345257847
Your done.
>>
>>345267268
Dude. Nothing in MGS2 required Kojima to
>end the fucking game with "Counting fun tone with Big Boss".
>Or reveal that the entire fucking franchise was result of 2 retards failing to interpret The Boss' Willâ„¢.
>Or History time with Eva
>Or make the B&B unit.
>Or Naomi
>Or Nanomachines
>Or taking AI that wanted to subtly manipulate the public, and making the sequel about the WAR ECONOMY.
>>
>>345266765
enjoy your simple mind and shit taste.
>>
>>345268324
Also making the AI so retarded that any retard could outsmart it.
>>
File: 1375028877684.jpg (322 KB, 1111x598) Image search: [Google]
1375028877684.jpg
322 KB, 1111x598
>>345252576
Because a chapter of the game is clearly missing and we know it was cut from the game, because chapter 2 is basically just repeats of missions you already did + a re-run of the tutorial with an extra cutscene, because entire mechanics are unfinished (ex. outer ops), because there's fuck all to do on mother base, because Kiefer's lines got cut, etc.

You're
a
fucking
retarded
contrarian.

Stop making these threads.
>>
>>345267473
I don't know about "literally Evangelion simplified" but to say there's no parallel would be crazy.

Probably the strongest comparisons would be:
The way it breaks down into a meta-textual mindfuck at the end, much like episodes 25 & 26.
And the message that you can't measure your worth only by how you relate to others or what they think of you.

Also: Jazz music~
>>
>>345256578
Poorfag spotted
>>
>>345266765
>>345267268
Like it or hate it, the unanswered questions in 2 at least fell in like the the game overall theme, and Kojima did a good job of not ruining it with 3 by making it a prequel. MGS4 is objectively where it got fucked up, because not only did he go back on goal with 2, but in the most awful way possible by making every single little facet of the story as related to each other as possible (cases in point: filling the seats of the Patriots with most of the cast of MGS3, bringing Madnar back to life just so he could be the one that made Raiden a cyborg).
>>
I swear to fuck one day I'll get mad enough to do a video on why V is a piece of shit and you all should feel bad for claiming that its gameplay is the "best in the series" or that it is really fun despite getting fucking boring and repetitive 15 hours into it.

Not to mention the shitshow that was the plot. Disregarding all of the forced twists, the entirety of chapter 2, the missing 3 or just the reveal that Venom isn't Big Boss - at the end of the day you have to realize and always remember that chapter 1 may be the dumbest fucking thing Kojima has ever written.

And that's putting aside the facts that 1) the trailers essentially teased a game with a completely different tone and 2) what we got may be the biggest waste of potential in the saga. Even 4 didn't do such a shitty job at tying things up or giving its characters closure.
>>
>>345269802
I'll totally make sure to watch your video fella because I totally give a shit about what you think.
>>
>>345269802
>gameplay gets fucking boring and repetitive 15 hours into it

Speak for yourself, I put 20 hours into just Ground Zeroes and was starving for more.
>>
>>345270043
So do you only come to video game forums to circlejerk with like-minded folk, or are you here to get tech support?
>>
>>345270043
As if I give a flying fuck about what you think about me and mine.

>>345270189
Ground Zeroes is better designed than V. At least when it comes to one of the most important things in a video game like Metal Gear Solid - the fucking level design.
>>
>>345270368
Nah dawg you're nobody and your opinion doesn't matter. Don't waste your time on a video.
>>
>>345267843
>(how exactly did the guy in MGS3 turn into someone who decided it was a good idea to manufacture soldier out of orphaned children) doesn't get answered

yeah it does, it just happens in the peripheral of the main story Venom experiences.

Big Boss initially formed Outer Heaven to create a place where soldiers could fight whyever they want, and not be tools of a political leader. no one would ever live a life of tragedy like The Boss, forced to kill the father of her child and executed by her surrogate son all for political conveniences.

he achieves this ideal with MSF, but Cipher takes it all away. he tried to fight head-on himself like he always did, but he lost everything for it. so he takes the route of most Metal Gear villains, he disappears into obscurity and begins to scheme and use other people to fight his battles for him.

although he doesn't conceive the Venom plan he willing goes along with it, using a soldier who admired him greatly as a human shield. but he concocts the Outer Heaven uprising anyway, getting rid of his body double so he can re-claim the mantle of Big Boss and use Outer Heaven for endless war.

>Sooner or later there will be only one Boss. There's only room for one Boss.

so, he betrays his ideals and executes his most trusted soldier for a political convenience. it's there, it's just not blindingly obvious with Big Boss twirling his mustache.
>>
>>345263906
in MG2 he calls big boss a monster, it's not a lot to go off of, but it's enough to imply he dislikes him. In MGS 1 he's already been dead and it's liquid, who idolizes big boss by that point.
>>
File: 1468337503397.gif (4 MB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
1468337503397.gif
4 MB, 300x169
>>345258523
>>345258597
I don't get why whenever Quiet it brought up
>hurr I'm big boss and so are you
It doesn't make sense.

Because you KNOW I'VE BEEN RIGHT THIS WHOLE TIME WITH HOW VENOM WANTED REVENGE ON QUIET AND BROKE HER HEART, NO SEX WITH THE TWO AND YOU FAGGOTS KNOW THIS.

Quiet was an absolute nobody; not a Diamond Dog not a love interest not a friend just some bitch who he was sent to kill with a shot to the heart.
>>
Question: are the sideops limited or are they endless?

I mean they all have some "balloon this man" or "explode this thing" objective, but do new ones keep popping up or is it possible to finish all of them?

I haven't played the game
>>
>>345270507
That's a cool opinion, I thought I told you I don't give a fuck about yours though. If I ever make a video (or just a text) it will be out of boredom and MGS being a passionate topic for me.
>>
>>345264263
>doesn't explain how a nearly blind man with 1 arm and 1 leg because an instructor for the SAS, Green Berets, Marines and FOXHOUND

he obviously gets a prosthetic. it's established he could have gotten one as far back as MGSV but didn't want it to be edgy.

>>345265502
the MGS1 novel released only in Japan explains it. Snake thought he was hallucinating a "demonic Big Boss", and it basically becomes the foundation for the PTSD he experiences through the rest of the series.
>>
>>345270760
Just trying to save you some time and energy friend.
>>
>>345270656
there's a set number, they just loop endlessly
>>
>>345271031
You're pretty shitty at it, friend.
>>
>>345270652
Then again a love interest is someone who is in love with the protag but the protag already has a girlfriend so the love interest kills themself because they are lonely.
>>
>>345271114
I just care about you and want all the best for you in life.
>>
>>345270656
theyre essentionally side quests, they mostly only benefit giving you more blue prints and better soldiers, theyre all repeatable, not not like the main missions, theyre all randomly selected until you do them, and another random one that you already done is selected.
>>
>>345270760
let it go the series is over. your video about GZ being better than TPP will be one more of the hundreds of videos on youtube. no one will care.
>>
>>345270652
she's just a device used to show how far the big boss legend has grown. Venom isn't a charismatic leader like NS is, he's all quiet and stoic and shit, but that doesn't even matter, what matters is that quiet liked him because he wasn't a piece of shit like she thought and he's a legend.

It's no different then like when you treat a girl like shit and her instinct is to hate you, then she finds out youre rich as fuck and suddenly it doesn't matter.

Kojima should be praised
>>
>>345270584
You missed my point.
People want to know how he went from the mentality of 3 and PW, where he and his men are stuck as cogs in the war machine, and he's just trying to make the best of the situation, to the mentality that he needs to be actually fueling the wars.
All V does is give an very convoluted answer to how he goes about doing it.
>>
>>345270584
All of the Venom shit becomes meaningless once you realize that the twist of Big Boss being a hypocrite and sending him to his death is literally the exact same fucking thing (so, a rehash) he did with sending Solid on a suicide mission in Metal Gear 1. We already knew the irony once MGS3 came out in 05 or whatever.

It's the exact same shit except with slightly different characters and swapped places. On top of that, the whole twist of playing as a body double was predictable, Venom is virtually a true self-insert non-character, and sticking him at the end of MG1 just makes less sense than it did with Big Boss being there.

I cannot fucking believe Kojima created this "great" twist just so he could "explain" why Big Boss contacts you from two radio frequencies instead of one in a game that came out in 1987.

It also makes the real Big Boss look like a fucking idiot in retrospect, since he flees FOXHOUND following the OH uprising (thus confirming he was behind everything) when he could have easily pinned the blame on Venom and retained the manipulation.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (406 KB, 1718x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
406 KB, 1718x1080
>>345271708
the story is so convoluted and retarded at this point. We don't even know if big boss is actually bad or not because kojima is his own biggest fangirl, and flip flops between characters motives so much.

4 and peace walker absolve big boss from being evil and shows that cipher/patriots just slander his name endlessly to make him look bad, but at the same time he's an "idol for the people to look up to"

So is he bad, or not? V muddles that even more because venom clearly goes bad, at the end, but we cant tell if it's because he's angry at big boss so he's gonna tarnish his legacy, or if that's just public perception of him.

I just wanted to fight metal gears and elite units of soldiers with cool powers and neat time period themes, all this other garbage is too much for me.
>>
>>345271708
i literally just explained it

Cipher took everything from him, including 9 years of his life, and trying to fight them head on like he always had wasn't working. that's why he went to fueling the wars, he realized that just being a cog in the machine isn't enough to win.

GZ even alludes that in side-ops that all of MSF's jobs come from intelligence organizations that are controlled by Cipher. Big Boss had to make sure he was holding all the cards or he was going to keep getting played.

>>345272186
>All of the Venom shit becomes meaningless once you realize that the twist of Big Boss being a hypocrite and sending him to his death is literally the exact same fucking thing (so, a rehash) he did with sending Solid on a suicide mission in Metal Gear 1.

not really because the circumstances are very different. a clone of himself he hated who didn't particularly like him compared to a trusted comrade who sacrificed himself to save Big Boss.

>Venom is virtually a true self-insert non-character,

for the most part. he does get more assertive as the game goes on.

>I cannot fucking believe Kojima created this "great" twist just so he could "explain" why Big Boss contacts you from two radio frequencies instead of one in a game that came out in 1987.

he knew it was going to be his last Metal Gear game come push or shove, it's not that surprising to me he'd base it on the first one he ever made. it's different from MGS4 being the fanwank sendoff, MGSV was really his own personal, self-serving sendoff.

>It also makes the real Big Boss look like a fucking idiot in retrospect, since he flees FOXHOUND following the OH uprising (thus confirming he was behind everything) when he could have easily pinned the blame on Venom and retained the manipulation.

only a handful of people knew Venom existed, everyone believed he was Big Boss. i think it's a double edged sword thing, the body double worked too well and Big Boss was downed by his own folly.
>>
>>345272605
>We don't even know if big boss is actually bad or not because kojima is his own biggest fangirl, and flip flops between characters motives so much.

he is because he betrayed his ideals.

i think Kojima went with this idea of Big Boss going on ice after Zanzibar somehow cured him of his bloodlust or something retarded like that.

>4 and peace walker absolve big boss from being evil and shows that cipher/patriots just slander his name endlessly to make him look bad, but at the same time he's an "idol for the people to look up to"

Big Boss begins using children in his military and arms himself with a nuclear weapon. while we see he saves the world from Peace Walker, to the global community he's a crazy warlord who's hijacked a nuclear weapon.

this is why the Venom twist was even necessary, no matter what kind of fucked up shit he could have done it'd still be a "ends justify the means" thing and players could rationalize it. but intentionally pissing people off with the Venom twist could make people pissed at Big Boss.

>V muddles that even more because venom clearly goes bad

Venom fights for world peace to create a world where soldiers are no longer needed, even going so far as to attempt to disarm the world of nukes. Big Boss wanted to create a world of endless war. Venom wasn't bad.
>>
>>345272605
This.

Mgs is a perfect example of what happens when a writer of any story pigeonholes themselves into a continuity without a plan, and when a writer falls prey to their own celebrity and the story suffers for it.
>>
>>345271419
funny how some say Kojima is hack and can go to hell and some say he's a god.
>>
>>345273803
i can accept MGSV was underwhelming but to say one game somehow undermines his entire body of work is just shitposting.
>>
>>345272780
>a clone of himself he hated who didn't particularly like him
Shows how much attention you've paid when playing. Big Boss treats Solid with respect as a soldier serving under him (which makes sense considering he fucking personally trained him and they served in the same unit) and it's indirectly pointed out many times that Solid respected certain things about Big Boss even after the events of MG2.

>it's not that surprising to me he'd base it on the first one he ever made
On the most meaningless thing in MG1 that Kojima somehow forced himself into thinking was a plothole, yes. Nothing in V makes any sense or is interesting in the least as I've said before - the entirety of the game is spent on a brainwashed person while the real Big Boss does shit behind the scenes. Venom is only connected to MG1 because Kojima rehashes the motive with Solid and shoehorns Venom into MG1 via retconning. Which is unnecessary since there was no plot-hole to fix with that retcon in the first place.

>he knew it was going to be his last Metal Gear game come push or shove
Which is why he could've spent some fucking effort writing something good. Presently, Peace Walker is a better showcase of BB's transformation into someone evil.

>everyone believed he was Big Boss
With everyone important and their mom knowing about LET it wouldn't be hard to pin the blame on another clone. Fucking hell, SOLIDUS also operated in Africa in the 80s and somehow Raiden doesn't confuse him with Big Boss despite them looking and to an extent behaving exactly the fucking same.
>>
File: get in the robot Ohta.png (398 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
get in the robot Ohta.png
398 KB, 1280x720
>Little shit and his gang of niggers run off to play lord of the flies with a nuclear armed mech and a deadly virius that could wipe out the english speaking world
How the fuck is this resolved or the game finished?
Look up chapter 3 on youtube, it was all cut out of the game, the story and ending is there.
>>
>>345256509
>That was kinda sad
That whole storyline depressed me to know end, I did not even like Paz but listening to her tapes and the fact she was a hallucation made me hate the game.
The whole point of that mission was to shove into your face that happy go lucky MSF where Big Boss and Kaz acted gay, fought in the showers and the Sauna is gone and is replaced by SUPER SERIAL DEPRESSING GAME OMG SO COOL!

Kaz being angry and depressed depressed me to know end, everyone was fucking depressed.
My favourite tapes were the burger one because it has some of Metal Gear Solids goofyness.

MGS V was missing a bunch of shit I loved about the seires.
>>
>>345274460
I think the tonal dissonance kinda ruined the game for me. One minute you're listening in on hamburger making and fultoning sheep while wearing a chicken hat, the next you're putting down your own soldiers.
>>
>>345274460
didju miss the memes friend?
>>
>>345274027
lol
>Big Boss treats Solid with respect as a soldier serving under him and it's indirectly pointed out many times that Solid respected certain things about Big Boss even after the events of MG2.

right, respect. but not like or admire. and that was something that developed after MG1&MG2. which is before Big Boss initiates the Outer Heaven uprising. so comparing Venom and Solid Snake's roles is pretty retarded.

second part is some nice opinions also

>Nothing in V makes any sense
>accuses me of not paying attention
lol

>Presently, Peace Walker is a better showcase of BB's transformation into someone evil.

no it's not because he saves the world in that. in MGSV he lets an entire hospital's staff and patients get fucking massacred to cover his escape from Cipher, something completely self serving. not to mention Peace Walker still deals with the protagonist issue where the player always rationalizes whatever Big Boss does as a means to an end.

>With everyone important and their mom knowing about LET it wouldn't be hard to pin the blame on another clone.

only the Patriots knew about it until Big Boss confessed it to Snake in Zanzibar but even then he wasn't sure if Big Boss was telling him the truth.

> Raiden doesn't confuse him with Big Boss despite them looking and to an extent behaving exactly the fucking same.

Raiden never met Big Boss why would that matter lol. Big Boss is more of a legend than a man anyway

it's very telling you began the post with this "not paying attention" projection seeing as i keep having to school you on very basic things
>>
>>345252576
are you baiting or actually retarded
>>
>>345274050
People aren't referencing that. They're referencing the big boss outer heaven portion of the story when they say it was finished.
>>
>>345274687
>tonal dissonance

That's the one thing that always stopped me from totally getting balls deep into the MGS series.
>>
>>345274460
>>345274687
i would have liked a more diverse tone instead of the flat, quietness of MGSV.

it still kinda fits in terms of being the third Big Boss era game, seeing as the third Solid Snake era game was depressing as fuck.
>>
File: 1449249728172.jpg (52 KB, 1270x672) Image search: [Google]
1449249728172.jpg
52 KB, 1270x672
So in the end, did he do alright?
>>
>>345274027
It's the 80s. All you hear are legends, it's all word of mouth, nobody knows what he looks like, that's referenced so many times in PW and in V.
>>
>>345275046
He had a grand total of 20 fucking lines, half of which I couldn't understand.
>>
>>345274687
>>345274995
Before MGS had a good balance of the goofy and serious.
The game was serious as a whole but ridiculous when you thought about, playing the game would bring you across some goofy stuff that would make you laugh.
V felt like it was trying to hard.

And I missed the linear gameplay, the cutscenes, the codec and all the other shit I loved about MGS.
V felt too distanced from the series.
Still a 8/10 game for me though just disappointed it was not the second coming of Christ like I thought it would be.

>>345274707
>didju miss the memes friend?
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaABZqW4DNg
Yes I did.
PW did one thing right, it had the perfect balance of tapes and cutscenes, mains story/important bits was told through the cutscenes and extra bits plus funny stories were in the rapes
>>
>>345275046
Fuck yes he did, after peace walker, I was very welcoming of Keifer. Hayters time has passed sadly.
>>
>>345275046
He didn't really say enough to be rated

I would seriously wager that he had less than 2,000 words of spoken dialogue. Maybe even less than 1,000.
>>
>>345275046
given what little he had, yeah. he also plays Venom and Big Boss differently. Venom is just very flat and monotone but Big Boss has this little more robust voice, there's more of that smartass in him he had in the other games. it's a subtle difference that makes me appreciate what few lines he has as Big Boss more.

if only Konami hadn't gutted the MGS3 remake for a slot machine, i'd love to hear him take on the other games.

>>345275051
i think this is something casuals really don't get. all of the Metal Gear games save MGS4 are these super hush-hush black-ops things that no one outside of the characters you interact with really know about with any certainty. everything is second-hand information. common people really only learn about Big Boss and his exploits after he "dies". Shadow Moses gets released by Nastascha but even then there's no proof, etc. etc.
>>
>>345275046
Yes.

He didn't have many lines, but they were pretty damn fitting for BB and VB at this point in their lives.

People also need to remember he did all the facial capture shit too.
>>
>>345275350
i love Kiefer as Big Boss but for some reason hearing him say MGS1 stuff in Deja Vu really didn't sit well with me. i still like Hayter as Solid Snake.

"he can't do the voice anymore" is kind of a meme, the Solid Snake voice is the ONLY voice Hayter can do. the Old Snake voice he used in Peace Walker was something he was instructed to do.
>>
File: mgsvtpp 2016-07-16 21-09-29-06.jpg (68 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
mgsvtpp 2016-07-16 21-09-29-06.jpg
68 KB, 1920x1080
>>345275350
I love how Kojima does this
>>
>>345275350
That was just bad voice directing. Look up Hayter voicing the Winter Soldier in that Marvel game. I think he also voiced some dwarf in Dragon Age Inquisition. He gives them both Snake's voice and it sounds fine.
>>
>>345255481

Portable Ops is canon idiot
>>
>>345255904

>non canon
>it's talked about in Peace Walker

??? It's canon, get over it.
>>
>>345274761
>and that was something that developed after MG1&MG2. which is before Big Boss initiates the Outer Heaven uprising
This sentence doesn't make sense.

>so comparing Venom and Solid Snake's roles is pretty retarded
It's not retarded and I've explained to you why, more than once already. Venom is sacrificed, in the same vein Solid was to be sacrificed. There's a fucking irony here going back to 3 and the way the Boss dies.

>no it's not because he saves the world in that
He also rejects the Boss and starts to embrace warfare. Not to mention building a fucking PMC that shelters a nuclear weapon and thrives on war itself. The ending speech in Peace Walker tells you all that there is to know about Big Boss in very broad terms.

>not to mention Peace Walker still deals with the protagonist issue where the player always rationalizes whatever Big Boss does as a means to an end.
Who gives a fuck, lol. You can easily see if someone is bad or not if the events and narration are objective enough, which Peace Walker is.

>only the Patriots knew about it until Big Boss confessed it to Snake in Zanzibar but even then he wasn't sure if Big Boss was telling him the truth.
It could've been made public easily without BB being discredited.

>Raiden never met Big Boss why would that matter lol
How about you read the entire fucking sentence and try to use that small brain of yours, maybe you'll understand why I used Raiden.

>i keep having to school you on very basic things
Keep "schooling" me, you're doing a marvelous job so far defending V.
>>
Venom has a clean conscience when it comes to leaving Quiet to suffer.
>>
>>345273190
>even going so far as to attempt to disarm the world of nukes.

Which ties into Zanzibar Land being the only place in the world with nukes during MG2. Big Boss went and got all the waste Venom made disarming nukes.
>>
>>345275780
>This sentence doesn't make sense.

>m-maybe if i pretend i don't understand i can save face from being BTFO!

lol

>Venom is sacrificed, in the same vein Solid was to be sacrificed.
right, and as i've explained before Big Boss didn't like the clones as far back as MGSV. sending Solid to die is no different from sending any other soldier to die. but Venom DIED protecting Big Boss and was a peaceful soul. there's a world of difference there.

>He also rejects the Boss and starts to embrace warfare. Not to mention building a fucking PMC that shelters a nuclear weapon and thrives on war itself.

so

>MGSV showing Big Boss as a villain in an esoteric way is dumb but PW doing the same thing is fine

ok lol

and again, the player will always rationalize his actions. the point of the Venom ruse is to make the player despise Big Boss.

>It could've been made public easily without BB being discredited.

>hey our secret shadow illuminati group cloned a warlord, also he's running secret black-ops groups no big tho lol

ok lol

>Keep "schooling" me, you're doing a marvelous job so far defending V.

i'm not defending anything, i'm explaining the series and MGSV in particular to you seeing as you apparently started playing the games last year while you flail around with retarded non-sequiturs and pretending not to understand me to avoid answering points that prove your surface level understanding of the series wrong
>>
It should've ended with a bossfight against Solid that you can't win and Kingdom of Flies should've been playable, the island looked great
>>
>>345277046
>It should've ended with a bossfight against Solid that you can't win
They already did that. It was called Metal Gear on the MSX.
>Kingdom of Flies should've been playable, the island looked great
That I would agree. I'm surprised they never made it into a DLC.
>>
How can anyone end a 29yo series about mechs capable of shooting nukes end with a fucking copypasted tutorial? What the fuck?
>>
>>345253553
No, you idiot. Chapter 3 is Peace, which is likely the nuclear disarmament scene. Kingdom of the Flies was to take place right before Shining Lights. Kojima cut it because the level was so big it felt out of place and hurt the pacing of the game.
>>
>>345277210
>What is fan service
Literally kill yourself you fucking casual. Thanks to people like you we didn't get another MGS3 Subsistence or another MGS2 Substance.
>>
>>345277472
Are you retarded

What the actual fuck

You mean a plot heavy mission with an actual bossfight would hurt the pacing of the game and feel more out of placr than 20 copypasted missions from the previous chapter with some modifiers slapped on top of them?
>>
>>345273190
how come he sees himself as a demon at the end of TPP then?
>>
>>345275046

I wonder whether he actually appreciated the event or thought he was among loser nerds.
>>
>all my specialists are B rank shits

ree
>>
>>345275046
After watching Phone Booth I'm absolutely buttmad.

This son of a bitch has such a great, deep voice but Kojimbuh decided to make him mute because it looked cool in Mad Max
>>
>>345275479
People love to gloss over details with this series just so it fits their argument's narrative. It's fucking frustrating. There are so many things that explain something in a line or two purely for THIS type of scenario, and people love to either gloss over them or dont pay enough attention and just shitpost.
>>
>>345278105
I think it was more than just mad max, anon. Venom is a much more quiet and stoic person than big boss is, that's illustrated endlessly in the game in more ways than him just being quiet.
>>
>>345253553
I'm not too tore up about that. Liquid and Mantis show up in MGS1, so it's not like we don't know where they end up.
>>
>>345275046

>I'm still hungover
>my liver hurts
>who is David Hayter
>where is Joosen, I need to bust a nut
>damn, I should've done another season of 24 instead
>the dubstep is too loud
>who is pewdiepie
>I wish I was at a bar right now
>>
>>345278303
But it really feels like some retard deleted his lines a month before the release. Replay the second mission - that's how you write a silent character.

Making him more mute than fucking Quiet is straight up retarded. I feel like
>>
>>345277674
>You mean a plot heavy mission with an actual bossfight would hurt the pacing of the game and feel more out of placr than 20 copypasted missions from the previous chapter with some modifiers slapped on top of them?
That's what the author of the MGSV novelization claims.
>>
>>345277618
I'm not against fan service, but having some tacky out-of-place MG1 remake at the end would've been dumb.
>>
At least venom found love on the battlefield in quiet.
>>
Quiet is love and Venom ignores her and leaves her to die.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.