[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Remember how fun this game was? Memorizing runes and calling
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: 1399302806823.jpg (18 KB, 327x295) Image search: [Google]
1399302806823.jpg
18 KB, 327x295
Remember how fun this game was?

Memorizing runes and calling on your ability to recall and draw them right in the heat of battle.
>>
I didn't like it. Dropped it 30 minutes into the game.
>>
I got that game totally on impulse. I think I had seen like one picture of the rune drawing before getting it. The game worked surprisingly well, considering how the combat situations often turned to making same rune twice to make super powered version of it.

Shame its sequels were never localized and sold actually under 500 copies each.
>>
>>345252105
There are sequels?!

Loved this game when it came out! Haven't played it like 10 years or so
>>
>>345253658
I think one was on the Wii.
>>
so did this have a spell system like arx fatalis or something?
>>
that game was too difficult
>>
>>345249774
Shit, I remember this game. Never did get all the endings.
>>
>>345254086
Basically.
>>
>>345249774
there's a triangle and circle permanently etched into my ds because of this game
>>
>>345254086
Pretty much, except it wasn't just about spells. There's a Pokemon dynamic to the game about capturing monsters and then building teams with them to fight off other monsters or mages like an RTS.
>>
File: Lost-Magic-DS-4[1].jpg (27 KB, 256x384) Image search: [Google]
Lost-Magic-DS-4[1].jpg
27 KB, 256x384
>>345254250
>>345254512
neat
too bad the ds is such a shitty spec'd piece of hardware
could use more games with having to actually make your own sigils

maybe there might be more things like it on vr
>>
>>345254760
>he doesn't own a DS
Lol.

If you complain about the specs of a DS, I feel sorry for you. Might as well stop playing games altogether.
>>
Fuck I remember this game getting hard as fuck, I have to find a copy and give it another try
>>
>>345255038
i know i'm sorry
missed out when it was new about 12 years ago
now i just can't bring myself to get one
>>
I bought this game because I was poor and could only afford the obscure used DS strategy games like Lost Magic, Ys: Strategy and Hoshigami, I loved it but never finished it and havent enjoyed it as much when I've tried to go back to it
>>
>>345255431
>Ys: Strategy

Are you fucking kidding me? This was a thing?
>>
File: 71750_front.jpg (54 KB, 500x448) Image search: [Google]
71750_front.jpg
54 KB, 500x448
>>345255965
I think it was only released in japan and europe and it was pretty bad with the worst english translation I have ever seen in a game. I enjoyed it though
>>
>>345256191
I'm just baffled about weird concepts like a 4X on a handheld. Same happened with GBA and its only RTS game, Mech Platoon.
>>
>>345256287
If I remember correctly I think you could win literally every mission by rushing to build a specific building and once you figure that out the game suddenly becomes much less fun
>>
What's a good r4 card? All the ones ive found have a bunch of reviews calling them scams.
>>
>>345253658
they planned a sequel for the Wii, but because of low sales it never got made.
>>
>>345257186
A spiritual successor was made for the Wii called Takt of Magic and a proper sequel was made for mobile but both sold very badly
>>
>mfw i was undefeatable online and always countered rushing tactics
this game was the best. beat that story mode like 5 times
amazing ost too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUAqERtPumY
>>
>>345257019
>r4

The game has to be like $5 on ebay with shipping. Hot damn, just buy it.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.