[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>church is evil, faith is bad For fuck's sake Square
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: Heavensward_1en-01.jpg (657 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Heavensward_1en-01.jpg
657 KB, 1920x1080
>church is evil, faith is bad

For fuck's sake Square Enix I thought we were past this insipid premise for a story by now.
>>
Thordan did nothing wrong.
>>
It wasn't really a lie about their faith though, it was a lie about their history that happened to be perpetuated by the Archbishop. The rest of the church didn't know and even after it was exposed, most Ishgardians still worship Halone because that's separate from their war against the dragons.
>>
>>345245214
Is this your first FF or something? Final Fantasy has always hated deities and religion more than SMT even.
>>
>>345245214
>Japanese game
>angels are bad
>demons are good

It's like they take inherent concepts and then do shit that makes no sense on a basic level. They may as well say "okay so we have red...but what if red was blue? that's so fucking fresh"
>>
>>345247401
SMT doesn't really have a clear cut good and evil side most of the time. Usually its just choosing which side you want to fuck over humanity.
>>
Faith in this world leads to creating monsters that drains the mana of the planet. So churches are bad.

But they also portray the "atheist" Garleans as assholes too so it isn't all fedora tipping.
>>
>>345246026
This.
Stop being a fucking idiot and stop skipping cutscenes, OP
>>
>>345245214
Well they probably just wanted to make a more realistic game.
>>
>>345245214

thing is in Eorzea, with enough faith and a stash of crystals, you can bring world destroying beings into place. probably good to keep that shit leveled off best as it can
>>
>>345248605
>angels are bad
>demons are good

Name one Japanese game that does this that isn't a comedy like Disgaea. The real generic cliche is

>any outsider religion is bad
>natural local gods are good
>"WE ARE DA HUMANS WE SHOULD STAND ON OUR OWN"
>both angels and demons are cunts
>>
how come 4chan hate atheist so much?
>>
>>345251817
4chan doesn't hate atheists, they hate people who act like self important cunts. It's not 4chan's fault that there just happens to be a lot of overlap there.
>>
>>345248605

in Eorzea, Light is up to something sneaky, and Darkness is too, but it might not be as bad as Light is making it out to be
>>
>>345252028
Nice headcanon. Are you sure it's just not you redpilled enough that when presented with cartoony good you immediately assume it's fishy?
>>
>not skipping all those cutscenes

I'll bet you don't do savage and extreme content because "I'm interested in the single player experience". What are your favorite console controller hotbar setups?
>>
File: 1340202735715.jpg (56 KB, 520x853) Image search: [Google]
1340202735715.jpg
56 KB, 520x853
>>345252631
You have 10 seconds to explain how enjoying the story and doing savage are mutually exclusive.

Go on, I'm listening.
>>
>>345251948
But don't christians do it more? They act like they are the most loved by god because they have the right beliefs. That sounds self important to me.
>>
>>345252747
You have 10 seconds to explain what was enjoyable about the HW story.
>>
>>345252979
>moving the goalpost this hard
>>
>>345245214
The religion was not bad. But the church was hella corrupt.
>>
>>345248605
Jap game:
-Angels are cunts, forcing the areas they control to confirm to the virtues, which would be nice if humanity wasn't city dweller scum
-Devils are mega cunts, but try to talk, because SMT did that
>>
File: Moving-the-goalposts-300x2402.jpg (29 KB, 300x240) Image search: [Google]
Moving-the-goalposts-300x2402.jpg
29 KB, 300x240
>>345252979
>>
>>345253048
It's not moving the goalposts; it's asking the validity of your demand.

Your question relies on the story being inherently enjoyable. However, if the story is in fact not enjoyable, then your entire question is moot.
>>
>>345252579

Hydelayn is the one that broke the balance
>>
File: ffxiv_23022016_172446.jpg (882 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ffxiv_23022016_172446.jpg
882 KB, 1920x1080
This is a setting where enough belief in something creates a world-eating monster that sucks the life force out of everything around it and turns it into destructive power.

No shit religion is bad news here.
>>
>>345251817
Almost everyone on 4chan is an atheist, but they pretend not to be one because they don't want to get *tips fedora* replies.
>>
Is it worth to wear VIT accessories as a healer? I'm thinking about replace my lore 230 mind ring to a midas 240 vit ring. It gives vit, acc and det, everything that's hard to get from melding/base stats.
>>
>>345254301
Are you doing A8s progression or PvP?

If you answered no, don't.
>>
>>345253406
>I don't enjoy it so it means it's objectively unenjoyable
Neck yourself.
>>
>>345254383

I'm more concerned about the acc cap, I have 400 acc as SCH from 4 V mats and still miss in Seph/Nidhogg.
>>
>>345254819
Caster cap in A8s is 591. You should be hitting that just fine with the 18 slots on all your blue gear. Overmelding i220 gear with Acc4 materias should be super cheap thanks to beast tribes as well.

You don't need extra VIT unless you're doing A8s. Dropping MND for VIT just for EX trials is a waste.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.