[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which franchise has the worse fanbase?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4
File: Image4.jpg (295 KB, 2000x1800) Image search: [Google]
Image4.jpg
295 KB, 2000x1800
Which franchise has the worse fanbase?
>>
>>345244428
Zelda
>>
Only FF fags left are literally homosexuals
>>
>>345244428
The one that still gets games on Nintendo consoles.
>>
>>345244729
which one is that?
>>
/v/
>>
>>345244428
Ff7 faggots.
>>
File: every FF thread ever.png (79 KB, 1464x804) Image search: [Google]
every FF thread ever.png
79 KB, 1464x804
>say something positive about FFIV
Go kill yourself nostalgiafag!
>say something negative about FFIV
Go back to FFVII you underage piece of shit!

>say something positive about FFV
Kill yourself you pretentious hipster piece of shit!
>say something negative about FFV
Fuck you, it has the the best version of job system and is the most fun FF!

>say something positive about FFVI
Kill yourself hipster, FFVII is where it's at!
>say something negative about FFVI
Kill yourself you FFVII fanboy!

>say something positive about FFVII
You only like it because it was your first FF!
>say something negative about FFVII
You only hate it because it's popular!

>say something positive about FFVIII
HURR Squall is dead!!!1! R=U!!!1! DURR
>say something negative about FFVIII
You didn't play the game correctly and/or didn't understand it's story you casual piece of shit!

>say something positive about FFIX
FFIX is a slow piece of shit! FFIV / VI / VII is better!
>say something negative about FFIX
Fuck you, it's the best FF because reasons!

Given that every attempt to discuss Final Fantasy games ends up with this I'm going to say Final Fantasy. On the other hand I haven't really been a part of the Zelda fanbase so I don't know what kind of faggotry they are up apart from the timeline faggotry. Can someone who frequents in Zelda threads fill me in?
>>
>>345244428
Gee I wonder which one the nintenkiddies will pick, who make up the majority of this shithole
>>
>>345244428
Judging from this site, Zelda by a fucking mile.
>>
>>345244428
FFX-kun alone makes the FF fanbase the worst.
>>
>>345244729
so neither
>>
>>345245321
I don't know if he's still around, but there used to be this one faggot who talked about every Zelda game past the SNES/GBC being a "Zombie Zelda" (meaning it was "soulless," whatever the fuck that's supposed to mean) and would go on and on about the depth of the combat in Zelda 1
>>
Metroid, unfortunately.
>>
FFfags can take criticism of the series in general because they accept it for what it is. Most of their arguments are internal, about which game is the best in the series. Zeldafags are unfortunately frothing Nintendrones who will go ballistic if you criticize OOT in any way.
>>
FF, easily

I'm pretty sure FF fans are actually autistic.
>>
Both of them are hyping up their shitty looking new games way more than they deserve to be.
>>
>>345246523
Zelda.

FF fans don't have to deal with Wind Waker fanbabies
>>
>>345246523
OoT is shit tho

t. zelda fan
>>
>>345245321
OoT opinions are pretty much the same you describe FFVII
>>
File: 1462233929925.jpg (200 KB, 1015x759) Image search: [Google]
1462233929925.jpg
200 KB, 1015x759
>>345244428
The fanbases of single player focused games are fine most of the time. Don't know what the hell are you talking about, if you wanna see real toxicity there is plenty of shooters and fighters to choose from
>>
>>345246682
Nothing makes me more mad than people getting excited about video games.
>>
They're both shit, tbqh

That's the problem with series that have been going on for 30 years with 10+, hugely disparate entries. The Zelda/FF you know and love isn't someone elses, and they're probably completely different games. They started with a different game at a different time than you did and their expectations are thus different. Everything you like about your favorite might very well be what they hate about it, and vice versa.

This is compounded by the fact that there are few people who have actually played all, or even the majority, of the games. Someone might not have even played the game you like, they just don't like something about the external appearance, so they'll call it shit without having actually played it. Worse, they're probably not even interested in playing the older or newer games because they're either "dated" or "too modern"

Any long-running series is doomed to a shitty fan base.
>>
Xenogears fans beat both desu
>>
>>345247325
And then you have the people who haven't played any of them or have played the few that ARE fairly similar and state that all the games are exactly the same and it just makes matters worse
>>
>>345247325
>Any long-running series is doomed to a shitty fan base
Mariofags are generally ok. In fact they're next to invisible compared to other fanbases which are much higher on the autism scale.
>>
Nintencucks are the most deluded fanbase for sure.
>>
>>345247964
It's just kind of rare to have talk about Mario since it's so vanilla.

Look at 3DW and half the fanbase is convinced it's literally worse than hitler while half would say it's the best ever

3DW is particularly annoying because you can't say you don't like it without being accused of not even owning a Wii U. I think that's more a fault of /v/ than it is of game series though
>>
>>345247964
That depends. People often get really defensive when you shit on 64 or Sunshine, in my experience, not to mention the fact that dislike Yoshi's Island is considered so ridiculous that most people will immediately assume you're trolling if you say so.
>>
>>345248249
that disliking*
>>
>>345247964
>Dobson
>Moviebob
>>
>>345247001
To the point where they act like flaws don't exist, yes.

Breath of the Wild looked Ubisoft tier empty as fuck with nothing to do except repetitive enemies and puzzles yet it is somehow a game of the generation the way they talk about it.
>>
>>345244428

I'm gonna have to go with the Final Fantasy fanbase. Each game has a different fanbase, so each discussion results in autists arguing over their favorite game, and they think makes a good Final Fantasy game.
>>
There is no such thing as an FF fanbase anymore, I believe not even Lightningfags are a thing any longer. The franchise is dead lmao
>>
>>345248249
>People often get really defensive when you shit on 64 or Sunshine
Everybody knows 3D Mario doesn't hold a candle to 2D, but yeah you're right. I think those games mostly pop up in console war threads where fanboy tensions are running high and people are trying to prove their system had a better library, but other than that it's pretty tame.
>not to mention the fact that dislike Yoshi's Island is considered so ridiculous
A lot of people don't like Yoshi's Island. A fuckton. It wasn't even a Mario game per se, it was a spinoff.
>>
>>345245523
What this dude said.

I checked out a XV thread the other day the fist time in a couple of years and I genuinely felt sorry for you guys that have to deal with such an overly defensive creepy poster.

It's weird cause I never see that in any other FF threads just XV ones.
>>
As a Zelda fan, Zelda. Ever since Wind Waker, there's been a notable split of the fandom and made more noticeable with Twilight Princess.
>>
>>345244428
Either Metroid or Paper Mario.
>>
>>345249550
>Everybody knows 3D Mario doesn't hold a candle to 2D
them's fightin' words
>>
FF fans, definitely:
>high prevalence of fans who think the series reached its zenith before it "went 3D"
>Advent Children

Zelda fans don't have an Advent Children or a "OOT was never good" demagogue, or at least not much of one.
>>
>>345244428
Final Fantasy
>>
>>345244428
Final Fantasy
>>
File: 1413250058069.png (74 KB, 545x500) Image search: [Google]
1413250058069.png
74 KB, 545x500
>>345244428

They're about equal now. Both fanbases just sit around and argue which game is their favorite and which ones they hate.

The Zelda fanbase also has the timeline fags however.
>>
At this point, I feel like the shitty games has cooled off both fanbases lately and mellowed them out. This is a better question to ask once FFXV and Breath of the Wild come out to see what sort of cringefest remerges.
>>
>>345244428
Metal Gear Solid
Dark Souls
Bloodborne
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.