[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ORIGIN IS OFFLINE I REPEAT ORIGIN IS OFFLINE DON'T PANIC
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: fa872b1.png (40 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
fa872b1.png
40 KB, 600x600
I REPEAT
DON'T PANIC
>>
OH NO

THIS IS THE WORST NEWS EVER

WHATEVER SHALL WE DO
>>
File: 1440417727656.jpg (21 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1440417727656.jpg
21 KB, 300x300
>Origin

lol who cares
>>
I've kind of stopped playing video games, and I don't own any origin games.
>>
>>345240935
Who?
>>
OH NO, THE HORR-

literally who cares
>>
>Origin goes offline
>Can't play the games AT ALL

To be fair, Origin goes offline 1% of the time Steam does, but wow. There's no way to go into offline mode and play any games unless you sign in first and go offline.
>>
FUCK I WANT TO PLAY BATTLEFRONT WHAT DO I DO
>>
Does anyone actually use this?
>>
>>345241501
A lot of people still play Battlefield
>>
>>345240935
>Using Origin
>>
Origin's customer service is better than Steam's
>>
>>345241716
It's a lot easier to get better treatment when you're the only customer.
>>
>>345241543
But Battlefield 1942, 2 and PR don't need Origin.
>>
>>345241817
It can't be hard to attend 20 customers.
>>
>>345241716

DELETE THIS!!!!!
>>
>>345241716
This actually is true, at least nowdays. I know we have the "you will surely get the karkland" thing but whenever I used it it was fast and they solved my problem.

Though also to be fair to Steam, the things I've had problems with were never problems on Steam. The only time I needed to contact Valve was for a refund and I got the refund the same day.

Still would feel better if Valve had a live support thing like EA.

>>345241863
I'll accept that purely for the fact that you're not a retard who praises Bad Company 2 when it's one of the most dumbed down ones in the series.
>>
>>345241863

None of those have alternative servers besides Gameranger

>b-b-battlefield 2 has-

Fuck Project Reality that's not BF2
>>
i havent bought a game since morrowind. even if i did, i'd get a cracked version of something. no third party will control my games. what happens when steam goes down forever? you'll back up those hundreds of things you own but dont have installed, while the servers are gone? physical ownership is the only real ownership.
>>
>>345242021

I used Steam support during the summer sale - was blocked from purchasing - and got a reply in less than 24 hours, and another in under 12 hours fixing my issue. They have definitely stepped it up, from a few years ago. It's not nearly as bad as it used to be, this meme needs to die.
>>
>>345242216
That's good to hear. Sounds like both companies stepped it up then.

Steam was almost feeling like a gaming prison until they softened it up with the refund system.
>>
>>345242046
>None of those have alternative servers

This is where you are dead wrong.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (449 KB, 1887x876) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
449 KB, 1887x876
BE ADVISED
ORIGIN IS BACK ONLINE
>>
>>345242021
>Still would feel better if Valve had a live support thing like EA.

The problem is that Steam's userbase is exponentially higher than that of Origin. Maintaining such a gigantic workforce has a lot of issues, specially in the CS area.
>>
>>345242628
That is true, but they do have enough money to pull it off.
>>
>>345242529
You now remember that EA killed the Ultima series.
>>
>>345242775
Never played them. All those games except three were free.
>>
And no one gave a fuck.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.