[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mirror's Edge Catalyst
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7
File: Faithcatalyst.png (359 KB, 464x978) Image search: [Google]
Faithcatalyst.png
359 KB, 464x978
Does this game get better? I'm getting bored with it.
>>
>>345236152
I forgot this even came out, such a disapointment
thanks for reminding me OP
>>
I'm shocked anyone bought it. I absolutely loved ME. A top 10 game for sure. Everything I heard about Catalyst us terrible though and when I checked Twitch there were 3 legit 12 year olds doing typical open world shite or slowly navigating and absolutely bizarrely designed room.
>>
>>345236152
looks just like her model
>>
>>345236559
I get the feeling this game would have done far better in 08 or something. The minimalist geometry aesthetic and the electronica soundtrack was a little more popular at the time.
>>
>>345237049
Psybient soundtrack rather, which is one of the good things in the game, I think.
https://youtu.be/AREfY2vNmZo
>>
File: image.jpg (68 KB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68 KB, 1000x563
>>345236559
I thought the areas were really pretty. The game just gets repetitive fast.
>>
File: 1463881408624.jpg (20 KB, 273x306) Image search: [Google]
1463881408624.jpg
20 KB, 273x306
>>345236152
How the fuck did you manage to get bored? The game is ridiculously short
>>
Is this Mirror's Edge 2? Or some little spin-off prequely thing?
>>
>>345236152
Oh look another dead denuvo game

What is now the reason that the games are selling like shit?
>>
>>345241289
The game sucks
>>
The actual parkour is a great improvement over the original ME and I love it for that.

Practically every other aspect of the design is a regression, though. The course design is okay - better in the missions than in the open world. The unlock tree is idiotic. The mag rope should never have been implemented. The art direction took a step back. The time trials seem much easier to 3-star.

But like I said, the parkour is more fun than ever so I had fun with the game.
>>
File: 1233321.jpg (310 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1233321.jpg
310 KB, 800x600
i...didn't ever realize this game came out. holy shit.
>>
>>345242708
This saddens me. As disappointing as Catalyst was, the Mirror's Edge franchise has so much potential and EA will probably kill it off because of low sales - but the sales are probably that low due to a complete lack of marketing rather than the game's quality. I see so many people saying "I had no idea this came out." It's ridiculous.
>>
>>345238898
reboot starring mattress girl
>>
File: 1438998437884.jpg (62 KB, 619x543) Image search: [Google]
1438998437884.jpg
62 KB, 619x543
>>345236152
>Origin only
>>
>>345236152
The biggest thing I feel people need to know about the game is that honestly, it's good only if you're into it. I've logged 49 hours into it so far just because I like running around, collecting shit, doing the races and replaying missions.

Everything about the game is at least an 8/10, excluding story. Graphics, atmosphere, gameplay, music, it's all fucking fantastic. But the writers shit the bed and wrote a cliche, generic story with generic characters about a bad guy who wants to control the world with mind control (I'm not joking). It was also way too short and overcomplicated. Go to the website and look at all the lore, it's like a god damn fanfic. It didn't need to be so fleshed out like that, and half of it is barely touched on in game at all anyways. They created this massive story and world for a narrative that didn't need it.

They also sequel-baited the ending, but since the game most likely sold like shit, it'll be left on a cliffhanger once again, just like the old game before they rebooted it.

I'm a huge fan of the original with over 100 hours in it, and honestly this game would've been in my all-time favourites if they just hired more competent writers. A good story doesn't MAKE a game (since like I said before, gameplay, music and graphics were great), but instead holds it together. If you have no motive and don't feel any concern for the characters it'll just fall apart.
>>
>>345245002
btw that screenshot there was taken with nvidia ansel, it lets you go into 3rd person and take screens. A lot of people were concerned that they implemented a lot of forced 3rd person moments but those are only during takedowns and those are pretty rare to happen
>>
>>345242708
>>345243164
>>345245002
the game is as niche as the original game was. And like the original it's a one time play kind of deal, that's why it seems like a let down, but it's a proper and consistent follow up.
>>
Oh, that game came out?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.