[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Final Fantasy XIV or World of Warcraft? Which MMORPG is better?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 9
File: image.jpg (101 KB, 994x240) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101 KB, 994x240
Final Fantasy XIV or World of Warcraft? Which MMORPG is better? I've seen them compared so much on /v/ lately.
>>
>>345235874
FFXIV is obviously more polished than WoW
>>
what am I looking at here?
>>
>>345235874
>sprint on non-caster

lol
>>
>>345236509
mmo players wanking contest
>>
>>345236509
muh buttons, mmofags trying to have a pissing contest over which game is harder when they are both braindead easy.
>>
File: 1447624374318.jpg (183 KB, 1124x1024) Image search: [Google]
1447624374318.jpg
183 KB, 1124x1024
>>345235874
Having more abilities/buttons to press doesn't make a class or game better.

All you end up with is duplicate spells. You're better off with one or two spells which address a niché need, and then look at where needs and mechanics lie rather than just spamming spells.
>>
>>345236654
Sprint is useful on every job, especially in PVP where sprint doesn't consume TP
>>
>>345236837
Nigga what you doing that requires sprint outside PvP for non-casters? You fuck yourself over in damage, and any aoe/mechanic gives you enough time to move without it
>>
>>345235874
Nidhogg Extreme
Thordan Extreme

Many jobs that use TP already have abilities to regain TP very quickly (invigorate, goad, army peon, rook turret, chakra, etc)
>>
wow is still better

ffxiv is more sluggish
the leveling content is boring as fuck
wow has a more consistent world without loadingbars every other minute

must suck when a fucking husk of former glory still beats you
>>
>>345237028
I guess chasing down mobs if you're leveling, or getting back in to a boss fight?

Not that guy, but honestly I'm not sure. I hate the idea of just giving everyone a ton of surplus abilities, anyway.
>>
>>345235874
I played both. Hard to say. WoW is better at some things, FFXIV is better at some things.
It's true that WoW turned literally into 3 buttons, but it still manages to be more dynamic than most of the FF classes.

In FF you have 30 abilities but you often use them in very rigid chains or rotations. It's a lot more about execution of a fixed rotation and memorization, while WoW is more about procs and reactions.

I like dungeons in FF more because of the level and gear scaling, and they aren't as faceroll as WoW dungeons. On the other hand, WoW has better raids, both mechanically far superior and there are also more bosses.

I'd say FF is a better casual game, but if you plan to raid, it's WoW or nothing.
>>
>>345236359
this
>>
File: 1449593698349.jpg (12 KB, 286x509) Image search: [Google]
1449593698349.jpg
12 KB, 286x509
>>345235874
I am thinking of getting wow for legion, late to the party i know. Can someone tell me which dps class has to press the least amount of buttons and which servers would be good to play on if i want to be alliance?
>>
>>345237371
Neither require sprinting, and as a mnk main you fuck yourself over so hard if you sprint. Last phases of both are continuous attacking draining tp so much that invigorate and purification aren't enough and you'll end up tp starved
>>
>>345237470
WoW raids are worse than FFXIV 24 man raids and Ex primal fight s
>>
>>345235874
Elder Scrolls Online
>>
>>345236359
Graphically sure, but it plays like shit.
>>
>>345237725
>Say this
>No fight in XIV has come close to Alone in the Darkness during WOTLK

makes u think...
>>
>>345237708
There are multiple pauses in those fights where you regain tp quickly, the encounters are balanced to take advantage of sprint .
>>
>Content finder
>ilvl
>Instanced everything
>Solo based progression
>artificial lockouts that gate everyone into 8 man statics
>No open world content
>Mobs are vanilla exp bags
>Non existent class customization
>2.5s Global Cooldown
>Engine garbage skill pathing (can walk right into boss abilities when they're done channeling)
>Every boss encounter is a completely scripted simon says dance routine with insta-wipe mechanics
>Teleporting everywhere completely destroying any sense of scale of the world
>Time of day and weather patterns, worshiped deity, race selection, elements etc all have absolutely no impact leaving the game feeling shallow
>Worst itemization I've ever seen in an MMO, gear has no unqiue statsics and is pure vertical stat scaling
>Story quests are bogged down with endless fetch quests, completely destroying the pace of the plot
>Aesthetic is fucking trashed with tacky vanity mounts and pets and gear and glowing weapons and bikinis everywhere
>no world pvp option
>no voice acting
>everything is instanced; even zones
>repetitive busy-work simulator
>combat is sluggish and doesn't feel fun
>a vast majority of raid content is way too easy
>too many lockouts
>everyone looks the same
>way too easy to get big fuck-off mounts so every has big fuck off mounts
>can't tell who the good players are and the bad players are; they all look the same

exp:

>crafting irrelevant
>new classes inferior compared to old classes
>renamed and reskinned skills for new classes from old classes
>2 dungeons
>no outdoor content that isn't daily piss
>lag is still in the game
>gated zones even with flying enabled
>back and forward pie main and side quests still in the game
>copy pasted monsters
>main story and duties are still solo based progression in an MMO
>plot armor: the game
>still timed instances
>deity and weather are still pointless
>pvp designed by monkeys
>half-assed voice acting, half aren't even there

Game is a joke, I'll just leave this here
>>
>>345237858
hard to say desu
WoW has its own fair points in terms of graphics
>consistent world with nearly no loadingscreens
>better water
>better foliage
>>
>>345237858
how does it play like shit?
>>
File: slower than WoW.webm (3 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
slower than WoW.webm
3 MB, 800x450
>>
>>345238619
Movement feels like you're always on ice, maps are narrow pathways with instanced areas, combat is slow as shit until you reach level 50, tab targeting barely works.
>>
>>345238769
too much fucking colors and effects damn my eyes feel raped
>>
>>345238842
the movement in ff14 is the same as WoW.

I can do a 720 spin in midair with one mouse movement. It's just as fluid.
>>
>>345239036
There's forward momentum with moving and stopping.
>>
File: fireworks.webm (3 MB, 720x206) Image search: [Google]
fireworks.webm
3 MB, 720x206
>>345238872
pvp is a blast
>>
How do FFXIV play with the controller? I remember trying to playing FFXI with a controller and it was horrendous.
>>
>>345237858
UR MOM plays like shit
>>
>>345238769
>>345239280
If having lots of action is what's important in MMO's everybody would be playing TERA instead of either XIV or WoW.
>>
File: 1467257005536.gif (621 KB, 440x247) Image search: [Google]
1467257005536.gif
621 KB, 440x247
As a guy who has played WoW for the last 11 years and someone who played FFXIV from re-release as well, I can say that each game has their merits. However, I'm gonna unique in my opinion that I think FFXIV has a better set of abilities and actions for each class at this point. Even with a 2.5GCD, I can definitely say that I feel like I have a lot more abilities to rotate and keep track of. There's a lot more weaving of abilities and situational awareness that allows you to master your class. In WoW rotations have gotten pretty stagnant and predictable, especially for shit like Warriors.

Both are pretty ok MMOs, just FFXIV has gotten really stagnant especially after the expansion dropped, which is never a good thing.
>>
>>345239142
Isn't that a good thing? It means there's an actual feeling of weight, much like weapon skills feel like they have an impact, unlike WoW where you can start and stop on a dime and weapon skills have absolutely no weight or impact to them.

In any case, WoW at it's prime>>>FFXIV>>>>>>>>>current WoW
>>
File: notmaxlevel.png (524 KB, 1097x311) Image search: [Google]
notmaxlevel.png
524 KB, 1097x311
level 72
>>
>>345238769
>2.5s GCD
lol
>>
>>345240160
>Isn't that a good thing?
When it comes to quick movement keeping out of glowing red circles? No.
>>
>>345237028
Have you ever played machinist? That class shits out TP and you have no need for invigorate outside of AoEs. You can literally pop sprint in Nidhogg Ex around 3 times and still be okay.
>>
No matter how shitty WoW gets, it will still and always will be the best MMO on the market. MMO's in general are a dying genre that will soon fade into obscurity like RTS. Modern game devs have already figured out how to extract the good elements of an MMO into genres that fit the modern consumer much better.
>>
>>345241157
>MMO's in general are a dying genre
2 years ago I'd have agree with you but FFXIV is proving that there's still a market for a well done sub MMO.
>>
File: 2..jpg (99 KB, 649x649) Image search: [Google]
2..jpg
99 KB, 649x649
WoW is dead
>>
They're both shit, don't bother.
>>
File: diadem.jpg (436 KB, 2000x1368) Image search: [Google]
diadem.jpg
436 KB, 2000x1368
>>345235874
FFXIV is the best MMO you can play right now.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.