[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rimworld
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 183
Thread images: 16
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (245 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
245 KB, 1920x1080
On a scale of 1 (cunnilingus) to 10 (rimjob) how good is it?

It's the top seller on Steam and yet no one is talking about it

It looks like a Prison Architect clone when it comes to graphics and animations, is it made by the same people?
>>
It's a shallow dwarf fort clone with a friendly interface
>>
>>345234525
Everything compared to dwarf is shallow.
>>
Art style makes me want to barf, just like prison architect did. But you know, autistic coding faggots cant into graphics. Just look at Dwarf Fortress.
>>
>>345234117
Can someone who never played Dwarf Fortress and is a dumdum play this? How complex is the game?
>>
>>345234670
I can't think of a single mechanic in this game that DF doesn't have, and doesn't do better except for prisoners.
>>
>>345234525
That's not necessarily a bad thing, it sounds nice to me
>>
It's pretty fun, I've been playing since fairly early alpha. It's in a very good state now.

>>345234525 is largely correct, it's a more shallow dorf fort with a pretty good interface.

It tends to have a pretty lively mod community (which it has needed since every update has broken saves and mods from the previous update). The devs have been good about adding in mod content with refinements and actually doing the things they said that they would do.

I enjoy it and normally get a good amount of play out of it every update. The most recent update essentially incorporated the mod "Prepare Carefully", which made it a lot less painful to get a fun early start.

I think that they should have priced it a bit less expensively ($30 for that game probably won't sell nearly as well as if they had gone for the 19.99 or 14.99 pricepoint) but it is fun and I have no regrets.

>>345234824

It's not that complicated and a lot of the gameplay is fairly common sense and intuitive, It's definitely not DF level complexity and doesn't pretend or try to be.
>>
boring shitfest for literal autists
>>
>>345234862
14 years of development vs 2 or 3?
>>
It's a top seller at $30 too. I still think the game is overpriced by $15 to be honest.
>>
Holy shit this game just released? I played it a couple (few?) years ago and loved it. I guess I need to look up the changes since then.
>>
Best DF-like so far
>>
File: 1463987880585.gif (415 KB, 500x332) Image search: [Google]
1463987880585.gif
415 KB, 500x332
>>345235140
Damn, I guess since the game hasn't been in development long we should excuse it's comparatively bad features, you're right!
>>
>>345234117
Why does this look like a Prison Architect mod?
>>
>>345235320

It's fun to be contrarian and all but if your argument against a game is just that it doesn't have the exact same feature set of another, that's pretty weak, made even weaker by the fact that both games are in constant development and not considered complete.
>>
>>345235406
The dev lifted the art from PA and said he'd find someone to redo it, but this was years ago, I'm surprised he didn't do it before the steam release, can't he get in trouble for that?
>>
File: Sexskeletons20111003.jpg (73 KB, 600x416) Image search: [Google]
Sexskeletons20111003.jpg
73 KB, 600x416
>>345234117
Can someone answer these questions?

how much in depth info do you get about each unit?

Can you prioritize tasks?

Is it a class system or you designate jobs system?

Are units independent enough to take care of themselves? (not starve to death, etc)

Do you have any measure of control while combat is happening?

Do you have to upgrade/equip/level units individually?

Is there enough content to justify the price?
>>
Rimworld is great I mod the shit out of it and it's fun with out mods to. No mods work for the new update yet though. If I had a complaint I'd say it's that my colonists get upset to easy. And you can't preform surgery on animals.
>>
>>345235320
>bad
Most of the features that have been implemented have been pretty damn good, like health, combat, temperature, mood (with some balance flaws), raids, and more
If they keep on track it's going to be an absolutely amazing game in a few years
>>
>>345235482
But it does have the same features, that's the problem. There aren't enough things that it doesn't differently, and the things it does do are incredibly shallow compared to DF. If you're expecting a team of people making a paid game on the steam marketplace to outlast the folded over 9000 times Damascus steel autism of Toady, ur wrong m8.
>>
>>345235827
Key word

>comparatively
>>
>>345235320
His point is that it's been under developement for 1/4 the time of DF.

Also you'd think by now DF would have some sort of UI that didn't look like the fucking Matrix.
>>
>>345235710
You can see fairly in depth health and injury stats and people can lose limbs or organs which can then effect how they work or move or fight.

Yes

Certain character classes don't have access to certain skills

Yes

Other than moving people and telling them who to shoot at, no

no upgrading other than weapons and armor which have to be individually crafted or purchased

definitely imo
>>
>>345235567
>can't he get in trouble for that?
Depends if PA made the art themselves or lifted it from open sources resources.
>>
>>345235723
So I can't have attack dogs with bionic limbs?
>>
>>345235710
>how much in depth info do you get about each unit?
Health with individual bodyparts, mood influenced by dozens of variables, the gear they're wearing with qualities, general stats like hunger/tiredness, their skillevels, their character traits with bonuses and maluses
>Can you prioritize tasks?
You can tell units to directly do a job
>Is it a class system or you designate jobs system?
You designate the jobs for every individual unit, you can choose which ones to prioritize
>Are units independent enough to take care of themselves? (not starve to death, etc)
Yes
>Do you have any measure of control while combat is happening?
You can assume direct control
>Is there enough content to justify the price?
I've been playing it on and off for a few years now, for me it does. Just pirate the latest version and give it a shot
>>
>>345236137
no but you can have attack elephants and have conolists go full robocop with bionic limbs
>>
>>345236005
His point is moot, and DFs interface is terrible for learners, but extremely efficient for anyone who knows how to play. Except the military interface, and the labors menu. Therapist for the latter.
>>
>>345235710

In order,

Each unit has a screen that breaks down everything about it upon inspection. For humans or mechanoids this can include everything from physical disabilities or ailments (from scratches to amputations and illnesses) to value for sale, to average lifespan of animals, damage capability, tolerance range for temperatures, and so on.

You can prioritize tasks manually, or assign allowed tasks to each colonist so that they may prioritize them themselves (For instance, doctoring, seeking medical aid, and firefighting normally take priority over anything else, and cleaning is the least priority)

No real classes or jobs but some characters are better at stuff than others. You can still make a 0 skill farmer farm, unless they have a trait that makes them unable to do it. Some characters may not be haulers or able to clean, some may be unable to do art or craft. Some can do anything.

Units generally will attempt to take care of themselves. If there is no available food or anything edible at all they may starve, but they will eat raw materials before they do, so they aren't totally stupid.

You control combat in terms of positions, what and who to attack, and so on. It's real time. Firearms and ranged weapons all have a "wind up" period before each shot or string of shots, and melee characters can interrupt ranged attackers.

You can upgrade their equipment, give them cybernetic enhancements or treatments, and so on. Like you can replace someone's eyes with robo-eyes to buff his ranged accuracy, or replace his legs to make him faster, or his arms to make him better at manipulation.

Probably. Pirate it and find out, the general thread has a link. It's DRM-free outside of the steam release.

>>345235856

> These two games are similar

By your logic there should only ever be one game in every genre and games that are similar to other games cannot be good if another game is better or more in depth than them, as DF is to Rimworld.
>>
>>345236407
>similar
Name 5 mechanics which rimworld has, but DF doesn't. I enjoyed the game for a couple hours, but it's just plain shallow.
>>
>>345235943
But they're not even comparatively bad, some can even be considered partially superior
Temperature is better in some parts, with hot fires increasing the temperature in whole bases for example, and stuff like room cooling or heating being pretty essential to basic gameplay
DF melee combat is superior, ranged is about equal, about the same damage models too

Same for mood really, DF has little things like preferences for specific materials also factoring in, but apart from that it's quite equal
Raids are arguably than in DF, with sapping and sieging actually posing threats
>>
>>345234117

>played a shit ton of DF
>get this game its nothing alike at all

i mean look its a slower DF with more tactical components to combat but its just too cumbersome. Only 1 z level, currency and research is kinda fucked.

Overall I quit after 2 hours and multiple different tries, after awhile i got the hang of it and realized that I didnt want to see it all the way tot eh end (when you build your spaceship and launch) because it was going to take way too long and be a boring ride.
>>
I think it's best described as a small scale dwarf fortress that sacrifices some of it's depth for accessibility. I've been playing since very early alpha and it's come a long way.

The problem it runs into is that there is a general lack of content at the moment. Enemies boil down to only 4 major threats, there are a lot of cheese strategies to make the game easy and the "end game" is pretty laughable.

All in all, I've had a ton of fun with it and what features are there are great. It's lacking a lot of content to be anywhere near a finished game but that hasn't stopped me getting about 200 hours out of it. Dwarf fortress does most of it's mechanics better, but Rimworld is much much easier to learn and more accessible.
>>
>>345236601

You are being pointlessly obtuse and honestly pretty stupid. Absolutely nobody is saying that DF is less in-depth than rimworld. At the same time, a lot of people don't want to fuck with DF because the barrier to entry is significant and without plenty of mods and tweaks, it is hideous. I like DF and have played it more than rimworld, but I totally understand why people don't want to play it sometimes.

But being more shallow than the marianas trench of videos games doesn't make a game bad, or even matter if it is fun in its own right, which is a determination that an individual has to make.
>>
File: Daddy_1ddbb8_5732764.jpg (22 KB, 411x354) Image search: [Google]
Daddy_1ddbb8_5732764.jpg
22 KB, 411x354
TWO HUNDRED DOLLAR EARLY ACCESS INDIE SURVIVAL GAME WITH CRAFTING

WEW
>>
>>345237084
Better than Mighty No. 9.
>>
>>345234862
>I can't think of a single mechanic in this game that DF doesn't have

Never played DF. Does DF give direct control over every dwarf in combat?
>>
>>345236094
>>345235567
PA devs have already said that it's fine
>>
>>345236605
Heating is a fun mechanic, DFs damage models for range combat are far superior, and sieges are sort of better as well because you can't just hide in a mountain 5ever. It was still too shallow for me, but it was much easier to learn.

>>345236862
I don't hate the game, but it's a shallow indie game which doesn't deviate much from a more complete, free and more intricate game. It should try and add more features to differentiate itself.
>>345237391
You can select individual dwarves, tell them where to move and give them attack orders, though it's kind of pain to do this so much people just kind of roughly give a position or a group of enemies it unless they're fighting something big and scary.
>>
Do you guys have one single entrace with a killbox, or do you have a more open basedesign? I feel like the former is kind of too susceptible to sappers
>>
>>345237697
also I'm leaving because I have to go outside for some reason
>>
>>345237748
Both sappers and seigers eventually become a problem.
Don't even try burrowing into a mountain, you'll get shitty alien hives spawning everywhere.
>>
>>345235028
nothing hard in this game. you brain must be literally nonfunctional.
>>
>>345236605
>hot fires increasing the temperature in whole bases for example
Or horribly placed freezer.
>>
>>345237748
My strat is to double wall the entirity of my outdoor base, and build an opening to it that has no cover, rocks everywhere for slows and a shit ton of turrets. The colonists stay at the back with sniper rifles.

It generally works unless they drop in on top of you.
>>
>>345237391

if you wanna micromanage like holy fuck, yeah.
>>
Is there a way to start at a more technologically advanced point?
I don't want to have to research fucking smelting

I know the lore involves people of all different tech levels but why is my party the same every time?
>>
>>345238596
Edit the scenario and add in techs?
>>
>>345237748
Usually I build a big base sorrounded by a wall with firing positions. No autoturrets, I enjoy RTT Rimworld combat. Killzones are too easy.

Once I made a colony without walls, with many buildings and narrow passages. My colonists were warg handlers and the colony turned out to be a deathtrap for anyone who enters.
>>
>>345238573
Well, Rimworld has smaller scale and micromanaging pawns in combat is my favourite part of the game. So I guess it does something differently than DF.
>>
>six colonists
>a series of tantrum spirals
>all but one are bedridden in their rooms
>one by one, they die of infection and malnutrition
It was honestly kind of sad
>>
>>345239325

such is life on the outer rim

Were you out of medicine? And at least you still had that one guy, I guess.
>>
playing the new single colonist but a fuck ton of money is fun
>>
>>345239479
Was out of medicine and also the one guy died of infection

How do you make more medicine?
>>
>>345240130
Plant healroots, duh.
>>
File: 1468009124004.jpg (27 KB, 402x402) Image search: [Google]
1468009124004.jpg
27 KB, 402x402
>really enjoy these kinds of games
>always fuck myself over with my garbage base building planning

Just gave up on a game where I for some reason built several batteries outside the same day it started raining and they all exploded
>>
>>345240569
didn't even know that, do batterys really explode when applied with water? what kind of batterys are we talkin about...
>>
>>345240569
Gotta learn from your mistakes anon, don't give up.

Saw a lot of people talking about DF in the thread so I'll pass on the old saying, Losing is fun. Just gotta man up and work through it.
>>
>Start Rich Explorer scenario
>Turns out the dude is lazy as fuck
>-20% work speed

Off to a great start.
>>
Reminder that this game has been in "development" for like five years and will never EVER come out of early access, much less finished.
>>
Played it 2 or 3 years ago. Was great for 2 days, then it got boring.
>>
>>345242545
:(
>>
>>345242545
Each update adds a major game feature. The game has been enjoyable for years.
>>
>>345234117
I want to like this game but it's so fucking ugly
>>
>>345243390
Fuck no. The updates have always been irrelevant shit like "now your guys get drunk and puke LOL!" instead of shit like win states or not running like shit when you have a big colony.
>>
>>345243806
This update adds Scenarios and Workshop support, dude.

Not the dev's fault if he adds features you don't care about
>>
>>345243975
>it added mods!
>to a game that already had mods

Woooow how exciting!
>>
>>345243806

This update added scenarios.

The previous one added the social system.

Before that was pets and animal husbandry.

Rimworld updates have been big and the devs tend to communicate what they are about well ahead of time.
>>
>>345244129
They could have said the game was completed even before those updates as well.

Pretty good game.
>>
>>345234117
It's fun. 9/10
>>
File: 0001-004.jpg (121 KB, 880x744) Image search: [Google]
0001-004.jpg
121 KB, 880x744
>>345242402
>Start tribal one
>Abrasive grannies and pappies
>>
Reminder that combat in this game is detailed as fuck, even if it doesn't seem like so

>user skill, user health, fog, rain & night time affect accuracy
>people use cover automatically
>all destructible enviroment
>mortars
>>
I started a random game with random starter humans because I thought it would be fun playing around the strengths and weaknesses of my members. How fucking wrong I was when the game gave me one human that is pretty much good at everythig, one that can do most things but is shit at most of them and one fat(literally) whore that can't do anything, sleeps always in and has the slowpoke trait.

The game was really slow because I only had one decent guy. Gonna start a new game in a minute with hand picked guys.
>>
>>345235221
>Holy shit this game just released?
No, it's just on steam now
>>
which storyteller should I does
>>
>>345245878
Aye, the scenarios and ability to edit them is pretty handy.
Thing I immediately put in was the age range, fuck old people.
>>
>>345246058
Phoebe Chillax on Rough difficulty is the most fun for me.

Sparse but hard-hit events.
>>
>>345246058
I go with classic on rough, the game steadily ramps up the difficulty until some combination of things does you in. It's not for comfy basebuilding, but for racing against the clock and trying to maximize efficiency
You should probably turn it down a notch for your first few bases though
>>
>>345234117

It is actually pretty good.
>>
I fucking hate early game in such games. I know the addiction will start when I actually have control of the game but damn I just can't get beyond the start. Carrying wood, not knowing how big to build my base and shit.
>>
Game is stupid

It just throws me in without a tutorial.

How the fuck am I supposed to know what to do.
>>
File: Putt_3_Box_2[1].png (553 KB, 614x771) Image search: [Google]
Putt_3_Box_2[1].png
553 KB, 614x771
>>345251492
Sorry its so hard anon. This may be more your style.
>>
>>345251779
At least that game will give me an idea of what I should do.
>>
>>345251492
I guess they want you to discover everything on your own?
>>
>>345251492
If you're really having a problem with it look up Youtube tutorials. That's what basically everyone did with DF unless you wanted to go full blown autismo and figure it out yourself.
This game had a much better UI so it shouldn't be hard to figure out. Build to survive. Create a self sustaining enviorment etc
>>
>>345252654
>>345251492
The game warns you about dangers and big problems anyway.
>>
Damn, this game looks like exactly what I want to play right now.

>Fucker still hasn't paid me for the job I did
Never doing under the table work again.
>>
>>345234117
>$30 early access DF clone

Pass
>>
>>345236254
Efficient maybe, enjoyable no.
>>
>>345254078
maybe DF is better but it looks like dogshit
>>
>>345254480
Its pretty good with the right tilesets.
>>
File: 1466322275624.jpg (22 KB, 362x358) Image search: [Google]
1466322275624.jpg
22 KB, 362x358
This game is pure bullshit, whether you win or lose is basically pure RNG since you colonists suck shit at shooting, but eventually you have to fight like 10 raiders who are all combat trained, on top of having crazy shit like shields and brutal melee weapons.

Seriously, it pissed me off to no end when I set all my colonists behind proper cover with turrets supporting, and within seconds one single faggot with a shield and a super knife or whatever just slashed everyone dead.
>>
>>345254607
ok
>>
so if i want to use mods do i have to start a new colony or will it work on my current save?
>>
File: RfNQJc8.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
RfNQJc8.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>345237748
Depends on what map you end up with.

Some have great mountain arrangements and give you natural choke points. Pic related.
Some are much more open and don't really allow for it so much.

Currently I'm having a fun time with a couple mods I saw on the workshop which let me build Moats and walls which can be fired through.
>>
>>345254697
Normally you need to generate an entire new world.
>>
Just Dorf Fort nigga. It's infinitely better and completely free.
>>
>>345254607
>not placing mines and making turrets and having them come inside your compound to get killed by it
>>
>>345254779
Some people prefer to actually see the faces/clothes/weapons of their "dorfs".
>>
>>345254697
Some work with an old save, others need you to start over.
>>
>>345254868
I bet you play with graphic tilesets you fucking shitter

>It's all about the graphics :)
>>
File: file.png (1 MB, 1050x935) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1 MB, 1050x935
>>345234117

I'd give it an 8/10 right now, possibly 9/10 later.

The only thing detracting from it is the athematic art style. It's not even made by the Prison Architect people, who are some British fucks IIRC. There's only one developer, a programmer, and he's a Canadian, so I think he must have contracted an outside artist to do all this stuff.

Anyway, pic related: all of the chickens are mine. They will soon be converted to tendies.
>>
File: 1313231840928.png (195 KB, 453x552) Image search: [Google]
1313231840928.png
195 KB, 453x552
>>345254868
That's retarded and limits those variables to how many things the devs can be bothered to make graphics for.
>>
so how much do you guys think this game is worth?
(right now and later if its finished out of early access)
>>
File: The Code.jpg (21 KB, 400x285) Image search: [Google]
The Code.jpg
21 KB, 400x285
>>345254868
>Not being able to read the code.
>>
>>345255195
15$ now, around 30 when all the promised stuff is implemented.
>>
>>345255085
>not making a barn with a chicken coop

what do you think your doing
>>
>>345254805
Yeah, assuming they aren't just going to mortar the fuck out of the base in order to open themselves a nice cozy hole to walk through in the first place, which they usually do. Nevermind the fact they also mortar the turrets and power generators, which basically makes the meta-game a dice roll on whether the mortar will destroy your shit now or later.
>>
>>345255085
The prison architect devs gave the rimworld devs their resources a while back.
>>
>>345255085
...is that setup to feed prisoners raw chickens?
>>
>>345254749
killboxes don't even work as well as you'd think, enemies can and will circumvent defenses, or set up to siege you with their own mortars to soften you up. Best way to prevent mortar fire is to build into a mountain or gun them all down before they get going. Also, that sparse wall on the right, they might decide to mine through that instead of walking through your turrets/traps
>>
>>345240130

When you plant crops, you can choose another type of crop by clicking on the zone (or hydroplanter). I think the default is always potatoes, but you can grow healing herbs too by changing it. And strawberries, cotton, and hops (for beer)
>>
>>345255287
>around 30 when all the promised stuff is implemented

Nothing is promised afaik. We'll now what's in A15 when Tynan announces it in a month or three.
>>
>>345255313

Making my prisoners as low as mere fowl
>>
>>345234117
Is 1 the best or 10?
>>
File: 1467658177894.png (122 KB, 496x430) Image search: [Google]
1467658177894.png
122 KB, 496x430
>tfw you successfully tamed a thrumbo

got myself a war beast, now to wait for raids or wait for a rhino stampede to add to my animal military
>>
Are there good torrents up or should I just buy it next week?
>>
>>345255474
Tynan mentioned letting you explore other areas of the map, a Z level and multiplayer, but true, never promised then.
>>
>>345255628
That begs for a question. Are there in current version any other/new "legendary" beasts?
>>
>>345255778
Give the guy some dosh if you have it. If not, there's torrents, yeah
>>
>>345255628
>tame boomalopes
>set animal zone on top of raider siege camp

>>345255794
>a Z level and multiplayer

I doubt it.
>>
>>345255896
I should have the money next week so I'll probably torrent and if I like it, I'll buy it like I usually do.
>>
>>345255794
whats a Z level also
>mutltiplayer
is it gonna be like civilization or something
>>
>>345240569
>Just gave up on a game where I for some reason built several batteries outside the same day it started raining and they all exploded

you just made my day anon, thanks.
>>
>>345255628
lets hope that you can ride animals
>have a careful shooter sniper while riding a thrumbo
>>
>>345255937
why do you doubt z levels? too much shit to process?
>>
Can you get childs in this game?
>>
ok, so last i played wasin A12, with that ultimate overhaul pack at the time (the one that added metric tons of stuff), how far up has the game caught up to all the mods?

I'm talking about medical replacements, weapon crafting, farming, etc.

Because last time i played it without mods all you could do was craft shitty bows, and wait for raiders with guns to drop something usable, or save up $50,000 worth of garbage to buy one half decent weapon from a merchant that may never come by, despite drowning in resources
>>
>>345255976
Levels up to build and climb on and down to dig in. Imagine more layers up and down to play on and with.
>>
File: d8.jpg (83 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
d8.jpg
83 KB, 600x300
>>345255272
>>345255075
>>
>>345255937
>>345255976
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=69.msg644#msg644
https://www.reddit.com/r/RimWorld/comments/2qrmxd/will_there_be_zlevels/
>>
>>345255976
Areas above/below where you are

>>345256167

Won't really happen since it adds 'depth' to projectiles as well, unless the Z level is entirely, say, underground or different worlds entirely.
>>
>>345256192
you can craft all those things yourself now.
Including booze
>>
>>345256445
thanks, i'll go update it when i get home then, it's been backlogged forever like most indev games i have. Mostly just waiting to see big changes before playing again.
>>
>>345256595
You'll love the all-new creepy crawlies
>>
>>345256372
>since it adds 'depth' to projectiles as well
I was confused at what this meant but then i understood. That makes sense but why is that so bad?
>>
Never played this or dwarf fortress

Is there anything i should read or anything i should know before giving this a try ?
>>
>>345257004
Maybe
>>
>>345256318
>Anyway, there is tons to do in RimWorld, my general thought is that the best cost/benefit move is to leave Z-levels to Towns, DF, Gnomoria, Stonehearth, and all those other games and focus on what RimWorld is really uniquely about: AI Storyteller, tactical AI, and so on.

I agree with him. Z-levels are not necessary. I'd rather see him work on much improved tactical combat with less RNG than them.

>WAAAH this game has no depth!!!
>>
>>345257004
Losing is fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEJ6QymV7-o
>>
>>345257004
Try Rimworld, any of the alphas are a torrent away. If you liked it, try dwarf fortress.

Also check this out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=866pKJDoHj4
>>
>>345257004
You should know that to play this game you have to be autistic
>>
>>345236137
you could in an older version of the game with mods.
>>
>>345254480
just play with a tileset/mod and it can look like pixel art or an isometric game

>i only play games with flash animation tier graphics such as rimworld
>>
>>345256780
It overcomplicates it, probably end up with people trying to throw grenades and hitting the roof above their heads and blowing themselves up among other things.
>>
>>345257765
I didn't know there was a tileset for this

so if I try it out and not like it is it save to say I will not like rimworld either?
>>
Anyone got like a Mega for the newest version

I bought the steam version thinking it wouldn't have API DRM shit and I don't want to install steam on my work computer
>>
>>345246058
Randy Random all the time.
>>
Mining is so damn slow. Just spend a week on mining out a base and I'm not even done with the first room.
>>
>>345257827
that sounds like fun though.
The game looks good as it already is, but it misses out on so much opportunity without zlevels
>>
>>345258331
is it confirmed they will be implemented eventually?
>>
>>345258596
i dont fuckin know
>>
Why is there so little steel?
How do I reliably get more?
>>
>>345257943
Try executing this
puu.sh
/q466W.zip
It's the crack for A14.

Fuck 4chan's antispam
>>
>>345258841
Did you check the map tile before you landed there? It shows the materials available in that zone.
>>
>>345258841
mine nigga, or if that one mod is updated, there is one that lets you build a scanner, so you can scan mountains and hills for minerals.
>>
>all those DF shitters in the thread asking to to be gold medaled for their autism

ffs

We know you are the most h4rdc0re g4m3rs ever shut the fuck up
>>
>>345259192
Never thought a player of such beautiful game would be able to act that stupid
>>
>30 buckaroos for a janky little kidnapping cult simulator

I just don't think it will ever be worth that price.
>>
>its a DF fags invade a unrelated thread episode
>>
>>345259318
ALPHA
There will be alot more features and mods going in now that Tynan has got all those Steamtard Shekels
>>
fuck /v/ is contrarian as fuck
this is a pretty good games and with mods the possibilities are nearly endless
>>
>>345258872
Nope, file not found.

Thats alright though, I'll live.
Just a p boring amount of work for the next 5 hours.
>>
File: Unbenannt.png (39 KB, 918x257) Image search: [Google]
Unbenannt.png
39 KB, 918x257
>>345259548
try to read the fineprint next time
>>
>>345259993
>Or we might continue it for years.
try to read the fineprint next time
>>
>>345259548
>There will be alot more features and mods going in now that Tynan has got all those Steamtard Shekels
Nope. Once a game developer gets money, they never finish their work or fulfill promises. Even if they did, it will take hell of a lot longer.

Obligation is a game developer's worst nightmare.
>>
>>345260234
you said there will be many more features like it is guaranteed but the fineprint clearly says there is no guarantee

its kinda misleading to other people here on /v/ if you claim this
>>
>/v/ is so used to getting jewed that they expect it now
Holy shit.
>>
>>345234117
Woah woah woah. There is only one question that I have about this game and the answer to that one question will determine if i buy it right now or not.

Are there multiple Z-levels or does the entire game just happen on one surface map with no depth?
>>
>>345260840
read the thread fuccboy
>>
>>345261006
no clear answers
>>
>>345260840
it doesnt right now but they maybe add them later on
>>
>>345251492
But there is a tutorial. All that shit that pops up when you start a new game and tells you things you need to do...
>>
>>345234862
mouse support and a GUI
>>
Have they added a Z-axis yet?
>>
Do you eventually get more colonist? Does it ever grow or get migrant waves? I'm on year 2 with and have a whopping 4 colonists. Raiders always seem to die rather than just get KO'd and it's really getting stagnant.
>>
>>345262025
roofing and flooring has been expanded
no true z axis is planned for the current generation of PC hardware
>>
>First colony
>Decide to go full dwarf
>Colony is named The Mountainhomes.
>Dig into mountain.
>Miner believes there's an ancient evil in the mines. Promptly ignore him for being stupid.
>A fat cannibal joins the team. Mildly concerning. Name her Maneater.
>Slavers come to trade.
>They're asking a lot of silver for the slaves.
>Decide to kill the slavers, and enslave their slaves for myself.
>Fail. Injure one slaver, kill another. The rest escape.
>Imprison and heal wounded slaver. Slowly recruit him into my shithole. Name him Outsider.
>Tribals visit, sell human meat to them.
>Everyone was queasy because it turned out the cannibal had put fucking human meat in everything, the sick fuck.
>Fuck it, it'll put hairs on my colonists' chests.
>Tribals come along and OOGA BOOGA my wind turbine.
>Kill one, butcher him and injure the other, who escapes
>Raiders finish off the turbine. Kill one, imprison the other.
>Raider gets an infection and dies horribly in my prison cell.
>Decide not to use her body as sandwiches because infection.
>Now everyone is sad because some raider fuck got BTFO by nature, and because of all the human they're eating.

This game is bretty gud so far. I'm wondering how long it'll take before my colonists turn into Morlocks.
>>
>>345263143
there's a wealth+time theshold you have to pass for raiders to get KO'd often
after passing the threshold it's still RNG on whether they survive

The threshold isn't so low you should be stuck below 8 colonists for long (or below 6 at all); but I guess you're having a harder time because you're new to the game
>>
>>345263143
You occasionally get random new people, I got the odd new colonist appearing every now and then and one time got a deserter who crash landed on the planet and would die from his wounds unless I intervened
>>
>>345234670
stop this fucking meme, the only thing "hard" about df is the interface
>>
>>345234117
I just can't stop thinking about rimjobs whenever this game is mentioned.
Thread replies: 183
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.