[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Explore the vastness of space in the far future! >by spending
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
>Explore the vastness of space in the far future!
>by spending 90% of the game on a medieval level planet

Why is this a thing in Star Ocean
>>
because that's what it always been and what people should be expecting at this point

if it's not what you want, you should've dropped the series long ago
>>
Cuz my star trek.
>>
>>345232226
The game itself is a clusterfuck, they had no budget and tried to make a high end game. What we got is fucking garbage.
>>
Did you ever got out of the planet in First Departure.
>>
>>345232594
Is this last hope 2.0? Was really hoping for another good star ocean before the series truly died.
>>
>>345232852
It's better than 4, that's for sure.
>>
>>345233043
I really wish that made me feel better but being better than 4 isn't a huge achievement, guess ill just get it on sale and see how it is.
>>
4 wasn't even that bad.
>>
>>345233408
I can maybe agree that the gameplay was halfway decent but the story was easily the worst we have had yet.
>>
>>345232226
This is pretty much everything you need to know about the entire franchise.
I'm still fucking mad about the beginning of a third that teased with a sci-fi JRPG in the beginning, felt like a start of a grand journey that only led to underdeveloped backwater planets and boredom.
>>
>itt never played a SO game before
>>
>>345233782
Name a star ocean game where you don't spend the vast majority of the game on a low technology planet

SO3 is actually glaringly insulting because there's a neighboring country on Elicoor II that's actually highly advanced especially compared to the medieval level of the rest of the world but you never get to go there. You just get to read a highly detailed encyclopedia entry on it because that was one of the good things about SO3
>>
File: 1460829959695.jpg (32 KB, 300x470) Image search: [Google]
1460829959695.jpg
32 KB, 300x470
>>345233408
Ironically 4 is the one that actually delivers on the promise of sci fi and exploring multiple planets, you just have to deal with Edge Maverick. his barbie doll girlfriend and the most annoying party member in existence.
>>
>>345233043
It's funny because 4 is probably the only game in the series where you actually explore the most planets and spend more time in space.
>>
File: 1376975010065.gif (514 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
1376975010065.gif
514 KB, 300x400
>>345234012
>Barbie Doll
>>
>>345234542
Reimi's butt is a miracle of the universe.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.