[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I know everyone on this board loves this game out of all the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 158
Thread images: 31
File: Fallout_New_Vegas.jpg (36 KB, 256x315) Image search: [Google]
Fallout_New_Vegas.jpg
36 KB, 256x315
I know everyone on this board loves this game out of all the other fallouts, and I've seen the graphs and explanations as to why it's an objectively better game, but why didn't I have as much fun with it as I did with fallout 3? I enjoyed it, but it felt empty and a bit soul-less.

Help me understand, /v/

3>new vegas>4
>>
Because you like role playing as an annoying kid instead of a big strong mailman.
>>
File: 1456268445951.png (784 KB, 780x603) Image search: [Google]
1456268445951.png
784 KB, 780x603
Fallout 3>4>nv imo
New vegas setting was boring
>>
>>345227789
But I liked NV, just not as much and I really don't know why.
>>
>>345227614
Simple, New Vegas has very few interesting locations. Most of it consists of copy-pasted, one room shacks with useless clutter in them and the most interesting area is the west, the south is taken up almost entirely by two dry lakes with fuck all in them.

In comparison to Fallout 3, New Vegas also has very few interesting characters, most of them are literal talking heads or wannabe intellectuals (Caesar, Ulysses).

It did have more quests but a lot of the named quests were shit like "run down the road and kill some ants".

New Vegas did have exponentially better DLC and better dialogue though.
>>
>>345227614
I'm thinking of playing this again since I saw it on my BC install list on the Xbone. Should I even bother without mods? The last time I played it on the 360 I made it to Caesar's camp and just stopped playing. Can barely remember anything about it.
>>
>>345227614
>but why didn't I have as much fun with it as I did with fallout 3?
Because you're a fuckup.
>>
>>345227892
And here's the idiot who changes his opinion the instant a new one is provided for him. He's on every thread.
>>
>>345228016
Just for not having that disgusting metro New vegas map is already better than 3
>>
>>345228021
Caesars camp felt so.. Ugh idk, I just didn't care for any of the conflicts. Didn't care for the NCR, after all the fun I had with 3 I was just slowly getting bored and it started to feel like a chore. Like the other anon said the characters felt pretty boring and I can't even remember any quests honestly.
>>
Id rather have a fallout thread than another overwatch thread

fallout 3 has a more saturated overworld
it has more silly stuff
it feels more like a horrible wasteland with crazy people in it
it doesn't have shitty political dialogue
it's made for simpler tastes, which shouldn't make you feel bad
it had better weapon design and more meaningful weapon progression, fuck ADS babbies
it has more generic military stuff in it, like radar towers, which is exciting in it's own way
lack of narrative content means 'free' roleplaying is easier and better, especially if you're roleplaying a violent manaic

new vegas may have been the better fallout game, have better overall worldbuilding, and been better at creating a non-violent roleplaying environment, and had better in-game stories, but it was not a replacement for a game like fallout 3
>>
File: 1452840766024.jpg (41 KB, 280x210) Image search: [Google]
1452840766024.jpg
41 KB, 280x210
Is there anyone on this board who enjoyed both games? I thought both were great, just NV a little less.
>>
>>345228235
the metro tunnels are the only reason why I will never take fallout 3 out of my top ten games of all time

there are very few games that let me explore a labyrinth that is legitimately challenging to map out

its a cultural treasure as far as I'm concerned
>>
>>345228634
Plus for me it was pretty cool playing the game and experiencing the metro, then visiting DC a few months later. I was pretty impressed
>>
>>345228530
>but it was not a replacement for a game like fallout 3
It is, absolutely. If Fallout was only 1, 2 and New Vegas was labeled 3, it would be a perfect series of games. Bethesda's entries are entirely replaceable by New Vegas and were a mistake.
There's no place in that universe for the stories 3 and 4 tried, and failed miserably, to tell.
>>
>>345228571
No, you're the only idiot playing devil's advocate right now.
>>345228634
There are literally thousands of games with shitty, samey sewer/tunnel levels that are a chore to go through.
>>
>>345228016
>very few interesting characters
>compared to fallout fucking 3
no

>a lot of the named quests were fetch quests
no, that would be a lot of the unnamed quests; the named quests most of the time were more like Oh My Papa or Beyond the Beef
>>
>>345228786
what story? no one said anything about a story

I said 'game'

l2r bro
>>
>>345228786
I was really disappointed in 4, but what's wrong with the story in 3? It actually felt like you were doing something meaningful rather in NV you're just deciding the fate of the strip which I couldn't care less about.

Plus the strip was disappointing in itself. Vegas is much bigger
>>
>>345228530
>fallout 3 has a more saturated overworld
I agree. Considering how much stuff they needed to cut out of the finished product, they should have decreased the area of the New Vegas map. Too much space with nothing in it.
>it's made for simpler tastes, which shouldn't make you feel bad
Wrong
>it had better weapon design and more meaningful weapon progression, fuck ADS babbies
Even without ADS, New Vegas has much better weapon variety and customization. You are insane.
>lack of narrative content means 'free' roleplaying is easier and better, especially if you're roleplaying a violent manaic
You can kill every single living thing in New Vegas and still finish the main story.
>>
>>345228786
>Fallout NV was given proper development time for more Caesar's Legion content.
>It was optimized for PC rather than consoles, resulting in more content.
>It is considered Fallout 3 canonically.

This is the best possible alternate universe
>>
>>345227614
Probably because "why I had fun with X game" is not an objective metric.

I had fun with Skyrim. Do I think its good? No. But I still had fun.

Don't stress over it. If you had more fun with one over the other, that's fine.
>>
>>345228981
He's kind of right though. 3's characters were much more memorable, that's just my opinion though.
>>
Personally, I think /v/ needs to chill and stop obsessing with objectivity. If you liked NV over 3 (or vice versa) it's completely fine. It's just vidya, not string theory.
>>
>out of all the other fallouts

I love 1, 2 and NV equally
>>
>>345229003
hola reddit

>>345229026
it's nonsensical, it tries to force an emotional connection between you and a character simply because they're your father, it makes your backstory set in stone in an RPG, it has almost zero choices in it, and the thing your fighting for is almost worthless in the context of all the other games having shit tons of water purifiers

someone post the picture
>>
>>345227614
New Vegas is the only Fallout game that's playable to me. I put ~25 hours into it which is about ten times more enjoyment than I normally get out of any game related to Bethesda. Honestly I don't know why people like the stuff they put out, the vast majority is trash.
>>
>>345229194
and your opinion is shit, one of New Vegas' biggest pros is it's characters are well written, consistent, and interesting in the context of the world

who are these characters from fallout 3 that you think are so interesting
>>
File: 1467886029274.jpg (289 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1467886029274.jpg
289 KB, 800x600
>>345227614
>NV is the soulless one

Bethesda are literally the kings of making soulless, middle-of-the-road processed junk for normalfriends to eat up. What planet are you on, la?
>>
3 hooks you in with its apparent "uniqueness". the wacky encounters, the darker atmosphere, the more over the top characters (who if you actually listen to them are horribly written), the more weirder places to find ect. but thats only skin deep. the areas feel pointlessly stupid with no real thought behind their design. the whole world feel like a scattershot of ideas with no real consistency. same with the actual character leveling which makes builds seem pointless when you can master nearly everything. the game does a horrible job of putting you into that world as well.
>>
>>345227614
I'm looking for my dad. Middle aged guy. Maybe you've seen him?
>>
File: 1425749050858.jpg (34 KB, 896x349) Image search: [Google]
1425749050858.jpg
34 KB, 896x349
I think both are great games.

I was so disappointed in 4. They blew that one big time.

Why do I feel like I'm the only person on /v/ who likes 3 and NV
>>
>>345229003
>Story isn't part of the game

wew lad. Do you mean gameplay? Because except for the world, which was more interesting to explore in F3, NV did everything better. And even though it's more interesting to explore, NV had the most realistic world, which is ultimately better because it's easier to roleplay in it.
>>
>>345229483
I didn't say more interesting, I said more memorable.
>>
It has no atmosphere, nothing is really creepy or menacing, and the absolutely misused Fallout 1 and 2 music doesn't help.
F3 was a theme park ride, but at least it was the haunted house kind. In NV after you kill Benny, there is nothing there to hold your interest.
>>
>>345229782
that isn't a good metric to judge a game's worth by
>>
>>345229548
[PER 9] Does he sound like Liam Neeson?
>>
>>345228530
>it had better weapon design

combat_shotgun.png
>>
>>345227614

I use to like 3 more than nv, but after playing nv more and more and then going back to 3 I just couldn't get much enjoyment out of it anymore. The thing about fallout 3 was the map was great, you felt like you had masses and masses to explore, downtown DC was great to search though and I actually got lost in the metro and in the city itself and couldn't find my way back the the main wasteland, that experience made the game great, it was kinda romantic being lost in the large city seeing the sun set in a deserted hostile dangerous place full of mutants and raiders that you could slowly work your way through and find cool places to go, it was really cozy.

New Vegas had none of that in it's world, the Mojave was pretty baron and many marked locations were exterior only or copy pasted animal caves with some loot, there was no great sprawling labyrinth of tunnels to explore, only the small sewer system in new vegas, the world just didn't have anything special anymore. Even so though, everything else nv had made it the better game, and the one that I still play now, even after playing TTW, that for me was the final nail in the coffin as I realised the DC wasteland just wasn't as great as I remembered even with all the improvements nv had, the DC waste just doesn't have the depth Mojave had, even though aesthetically it's nicer and from a simple scavenger perspective it's much better.
>>
On my first go of Fallout New Vegas, I didn't like it as much as 3. Albeit, 3 was my first and that had a novelty. But on replaying New Vegas I think it is the more interesting game, but the sheer amout of reused assets from Fallout 3 make it hard to see its originality because so much of it is not, but what is noticeably obsidian is noticeably better than fallout 3.
>>
Fallout 4 is dope, i'm 35 hours in to it on pc, and the graphics are amazing, and lot of changes make the gameplay more fluid and fun
>>
>>345229548
[Intelligence 9] So you look for your good dad in the wasteland?
>>
>>345230147
Thanks for this post.

Like I said, I do like NV, it just felt a bit bland and baron to me and the characters weren't very interesting
>>
>>345229974
He's right though. What's more memorable:

>wacky black disk jockey who howls at you and spouts old 70s slang
or
>old roman dude who spouts boring philosophical drivel

If you're the lowest common denominator its 3dawg.
>>
>>345229662
Because /v/ is full of teenagers and whatnot who need to feel superior because of their choice of video game.

I hope adults can comprehend liking two different things, both for completely subjective reasons.
>>
You like what you like, OP. I prefer New Vegas. Partly because I love desert settings and actual RPGs. You obviously prefer atmosphere more than good writing and depth. Nothing wrong with that.

Ulysses was wasted potential, in my opinion. Didn't have the patients for his crypto-speak:

http://vocaroo.com/i/s143VbwItRp3
>>
>>345227614

Nah. 2>1>vegas>3>4
>>
>>345230331
>I like the game because of the shiny-shiny
Bethesda's modern target audience, ladies and gentlemen.
>>
>wacky fifties americana
>violence is funny
>grey building rubble, our entire world is grey building rubble
>and everything is made of fucking scrap metal
Fallout 3 isn't a fallout game
>>
File: image_8.jpg (385 KB, 1390x1950) Image search: [Google]
image_8.jpg
385 KB, 1390x1950
>>345230331
>35 hours into it
>>
>>345230649
>If you don't like these terrible games you're a teenager!
Now, who's the idiot trying to get attention by being contrarian? That's teenager behavior right there. This is also why your ridiculous ad-hominem doesn't click.
>>
The fucking intro in 3 is the worst intro in video game history.

So damn annoying and cringey, watching Bethesda try and force some emotional connection onto you with your dad who looks like a soulless husk. It takes forever too.

At least we got the tunnel snakes.
>>
How about this guys?

http://www.strawpoll.me/10762187
>>
>>345229662
I like both but the difference in quality, especially the writing, is staggering if you play TTW and can compare the two games back-to-back.
>>
>new vegas fags thinking they are superior for liking regular shit over diarrhea
fallout is dead
>>
>>345229782
Typically interesting characters are also memorable characters because you're, you know, interested in them.
>>
Imo fallout 3 is fallout 1, everything before fallout 3 wasnt a fallout game. It was some shitty point and click adventure. The gamebryo engine is what made the game what it is today. A masterpiece of a nuclear apocalyptic open world game. It doesn't need to have rpg elements because its fine on its own.
>>
>>345230661
>You like what you like, OP.
No. He's wrong and doing this for attention.
>>
>>345230801
>wacky fifties americana
>violence is funny
Is this ironic, because that is 99% Fallout 1.
>>
File: 1374193301023.jpg (11 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
1374193301023.jpg
11 KB, 256x256
>>345231082
>nv faggots are going to reply seriously to this bait
>>
>>345231082
>frustrated by the lack of angry replies, OP ramps up the bait to 11.
>>
>>345231175
Well, it's not ironic, because you've never touched Fallout 1.
>>
>>345231306
I'm OP and that wasn't my post. Just want a simple civil discussion about two games I think are fun in their own ways.
>>
>>345231412
But I have. Replace rubble with desert and you've got Fallout 1.
Fallout 2 is a different story, however.
>>
Weekend /v/, not even once.
>>
>>345230661
>http://vocaroo.com/i/s143VbwItRp3
Someone tweet this to Avellone.
>>
>>345231175
>wacky fifties americana
Only in the pre-war. Post-war is more like Mad Max if anything.

>violence is funny
Not really. Bloody Mess is the only real example of this, and even then the deaths are more disturbing than amusing.

Yeah, in Necropolis.

Again; one settlement, Junktown, is like this.
>>
>>345231082
Might as well just throw a gleaming silver hook in the water.
>>
File: shady sands.jpg (595 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
shady sands.jpg
595 KB, 1920x1080
>>345231175
The nearest town to the vault and normally the first one you visit is pic related
>>
>>345231590
>But I have. Replace rubble with desert and you've got Fallout 1.
Nice save.
>>
The first time I played 3 and NV I had more "fun" with 3, but I started a new playthrough of NV this week and christ everything good about it finally hit me.
Everything in the world makes sense and has a sense of purpose. While in 3 you get amazing areas like "random bandit camp #45" or "abandoned office building with skeletons hugging eachother" in NV you get all these towns and factions that all interact with eachother somehow and are related to the overall plot in some way. The factions, characters, and world in NV tell the overall story of the Mojave and there is some great worldbuilding. In 3 most of the sidequests have jack shit to do with the main story, it's all isolated. Exploring the Capital Wasteland feels like a theme park, where you go from one attraction to the other to see what goofy "trademark fallout humor" Bethesda comes up with. Sometimes there's some cool stuff like the slaver camp at Paradise Falls or the whole Pitt DLC but that's the exception in Fallout 3 while in NV it's the norm.
Like sure, NV needs a little time to get into while in 3 you are thrown into the themepark free to do whatever the fuck you please as soon as you are out of Vault 101 and a lot of people just prefer that short term fun (it's a game played for fun, nothing wrong with that) but once I got to the part where NV picks up everything clicks and I was absolutely in love with the game. There have been some real holy shit moments like when I organically started doing some really fucked up things in one of the DLCs thinking I was in the right with nothing in the game explicitly spelling out "U ARE BAD" until the closing cutscene that narrates how I committed genocide and destabilized 2 peaceful tribes. In 3 that kind of scenario would be obviously spelled out to you, with the game just asking if you wanna be bad and commit genocide or be good and follow basic morality while in NV the storytelling put me in the kind of mindset that justifies those actions.
>>
Because Obsidian are overrated hacks.
>>
>>345231221
>>345231306
Im not even OP, im just stating that fallout 3 felt like what fallout 1 and 2 should have been. They took those ideas and put them into a new game, you can't expect fallout 1&2 when you play a bethesda game like 3 or 4. Its a completely new game, its fun as hell even if its not "rpgey". You all try so hard to be purists instead of enjoying a damn game. To be perfectly honest new vegas fell short of my expectations and felt like a bunch of mechanics were jam packed into a game that did not need them at all. The gameplay focused more on menus than actual skill with the game itself. They had a brand new 3D engine and still decided to use menus to decide for you how the game is played.
>>
>>345232159
Do you really expect anyone to read all that shit.
>>
>>345231853
Am i the only one that never pick bloody mess in the fallout games ? In 1 & 2 is funny when happens for a critical hit, and in the 3d ones i find it stupid
>>
>>345232238
>you can't expect fallout 1&2 when you play a bethesda game like 3 or 4. Its a completely new game, its fun as hell even if its not "rpgey".
Explain New Vegas, then. How it managed to work on the same engine, with a ton of the same assets and still worked as both an RPG, and felt like it was in the same universe as the first two.
>>
>>345232278
i'm bored let me write my autistic essays on why one video game is better than the other
>>
>>345232402
Because it didn't "just work" it took shitty outdated and useless mechanics and tried to jam them into a more modern engine. Completely ignoring the immersion and balance that fallout 3 established. To me fallout 3 was where the game began. Nobody can convince me otherwise.
>>
File: d5c.jpg (36 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
d5c.jpg
36 KB, 625x626
>>345232603
>Fallout 3
>Balance
>>
Would you rather actually play as a vault dweller and a courier who has a specific gameplay style, or would you rather use stats and menus to decide how you play? The oversaturation of menus is what broke new vegas for me.
>>
>>345232603
>balance
>fallout 3
almost perfect perk
>>
>>345232778
It did to be damned honest, it took all of the bland shit from fallout 1&2 and made it fun and appealing without losing too much of itself. New vegas completely stole from fallout 2 and lost that "balance" that 3 had. It felt like i was playing a 2D point and click instead of the fallout 3 I had loved. So many menus, so much desert, very uninteresting characters.
>>
>>345232809
>Would you rather actually play as a vault dweller and a courier who has a specific gameplay style, or would you rather use stats and menus to decide how you play?
Stats and menus. It's a fucking RPG series.
>>
>>345233047
What are you referring to as "balance" here? You sound both stupid and confused.
>>
>>345233060
No ita not an rpg series, it was represented as one in fallout 1 and 2 because there were engine limitations. The original creators probably wanted something like fallout 3. Its like comparing super mario nes with mario 64.
>>
>>345232809
>oversaturation of menus
What? what are you talking about? they have the same menus, except that in new vegas the traits are back, that's literally one more menu, unless i misunderstand what you said
>>
>>345232809
>Would you rather actually play as a vault dweller and a courier who has a specific gameplay style
That's literally the opposite of roleplaying
>>
>>345233186
the team behind fallout 1 and 2 made nothing but rpgs though
>>
>>345233138
Balance between keeping some of the trademarks and story from the original fallouts and turning into a new game, and verbatim copying 2 in a clunky unrefined pile of shit.
>>
>>345233138
You ever notice how people in favor of FO3 and FO4 rarely ever go into specifics? I wonder why that could be.
>>
File: lottery.jpg (256 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
lottery.jpg
256 KB, 1280x720
>fallout 3
first fps version of the series, well executed, great content and atmosphere
>new vegas
upgrade from fallout 3 in most ways but the map was just too empty
>fallout 4
let's give the player everything the game has to offer in the first half an hour and call it a day
>>
>>345233250
Make your own gameplay style without needing menus to decide that for you. How is that not roleplaying anyways?
>>
>>345228338
>ugh
>idk
kys
>>
>>345233435
>needing menus to decide that for you
You realize that the things you change on those menus directly impact how the game plays, right? People don't spend time boosting stats and choosing particular perks for the flavor text.
>>
>>345232991
>can literally max all specials and skills in FO3 by lvl 20 if cards are played right

Thats some hot and spicy balance.
>>
>>345231082
I know you're baiting, but you're right.
>>
Anyone else max all stats and just play the game for fun? Play it in several different ways and look for all the quests? To me fun is exploring not arguing with some peasant that doeant believe me because my speech stat is too low. Like what the fuck? Who are you to decide how good i am at speech or not?
>>
File: 1466192297726.jpg (30 KB, 468x388) Image search: [Google]
1466192297726.jpg
30 KB, 468x388
>>345227614
>>345227892
>>345228571
>>345228530
>>345230331
>>345232238
>>345232603
It's really awesome to see good goyim... er, people with good taste here!
>>
>>345228634
>its a cultural treasure as far as I'm concerned
fallout 3 babbies everyone
>>
>>345234015
Oh fuck off, Beth gets money if you buy either game, and gets more if you buy all of them. Dumb meme.
>>
>>345228571
I can enjoy fallout 3, but it is definitely worse than new vegas.

That's non negotiable
>>
File: HNNGGG.jpg (305 KB, 560x560) Image search: [Google]
HNNGGG.jpg
305 KB, 560x560
SOMEBODY POST THE COMBAT SHOTGUN
>>
File: COMBATSHOTGUN.png (1 MB, 2950x900) Image search: [Google]
COMBATSHOTGUN.png
1 MB, 2950x900
>>345234425
i got u pham
>>
>>345230627
>comparing 2 completely different characters because you know Mr. New Vegas beats 3 Dog by a mile
>>
It's like you can tell the age gap in /v/ by measuring the number of people who prefer being a plotless murderhobo over intricate but somewhat limited roleplay
>>
File: 1406975053658.png (244 KB, 598x365) Image search: [Google]
1406975053658.png
244 KB, 598x365
>>345234425
>>345234480
also
>>
>>345234513
But the only metric offered was "these characters are more memorable." i.e. as a collective.

Also since you didn't seem to realize from my post I absolutely was mocking the idea that F3 has more memorable characters.
>>
>>345234761
I don't see how someone's preference of something like that is indicative of their age. The two games offer different strengths, why not play to them?
>>
>>345227614
>why didn't I have as much fun with it as I did with fallout 3?
Because you're a chump, there is way more potential for fun, destruction, calamity in NV than 3, it's just you.
But I'm going to say that NV using the same engine as 3 made it too familiar for you and the novelty of something new is no longer there.
>>
>>345234480
thanks
>>
>>345233435
>deciding for yourself is letting the game decide for you
Alright, I raged a litte.
>>
File: 1467191682993.webm (2 MB, 1048x500) Image search: [Google]
1467191682993.webm
2 MB, 1048x500
>>345234480
Which is the worst?
>>
>>345234176
>I can enjoy fallout 3
No, you can't.
>>
>>345235439
wew lad
>>
File: ScreenShot192.jpg (1001 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot192.jpg
1001 KB, 1600x900
The name's Frank. Frank Horrigan Jr.
I like to hurt people.
>>
>>345235439
I tested this yesterday faggot, thats what happens when you have god mod on you incoherent fuck. Normally you shoot 5 rounds then reload like normal.
>>
File: ScreenShot194.jpg (647 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot194.jpg
647 KB, 1600x900
The people of this town are nice.
Though I don't much care for this fellow named Pete
>>
File: wew lad.png (6 KB, 674x76) Image search: [Google]
wew lad.png
6 KB, 674x76
>>345236326
:^)
>>
File: ScreenShot196.jpg (1 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot196.jpg
1 MB, 1600x900
These monsters aren't worth my time, I'm on a road to a little town with a lot of troubles.
>>
File: wew lad.png (36 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
wew lad.png
36 KB, 512x512
>>345236468
>>
File: 156749856646.jpg (56 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
156749856646.jpg
56 KB, 1024x576
>>345229194
memorable in the sense that they were all horribly written, maybe.
>>
>>345236326
Assuming God Mode works at all like it does in the previous games, reloading wouldn't even happen because your ammo count never goes down.

I still haven't played FO4 though so I might be wrong in this case.
>>
File: ScreenShot197.jpg (691 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot197.jpg
691 KB, 1600x900
I may have run into some trouble along the way.
Met some well armored fellows who decided to dress me up in this metal collar.

They've asked me to deal with this fella named Dobson, but I'm not a man of words...
>>
File: BAITS ZA DUSTO.webm (464 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
BAITS ZA DUSTO.webm
464 KB, 1280x720
Move along.
>>
File: ScreenShot198.jpg (616 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot198.jpg
616 KB, 1600x900
I'm a man of action...
Fortunately for me this guy didn't have his head on straight
>>
>>345227614
The empty and soulless game is F3. It's got cute locations around, but none of it matters at all. What you do in Republic of Dave doesn't affect Megaton doesn't affect Rivet doesn't affect Andale. You kind of just experience a location and move on, never having to go back or remember it. You can like gimmicks, lots of people do, but new vegas is a cohesive land
>>
>>345236870
What mod?
>>
>>345237791
What do you mean?
>>
File: 1468061717908.jpg (90 KB, 650x691) Image search: [Google]
1468061717908.jpg
90 KB, 650x691
>>345237262
>What you do in Republic of Dave doesn't affect Megaton doesn't affect Rivet doesn't affect Andale.
Not him but that goes for NV as well. What you do in Goodsprings has no effect on Primm, what you do in Primm has no effect on Novac, what you do in Novac has no effect on New Vegas. It just affects their respective endings.

New Vegas is certainly more cohesive than 3 is, but it isn't 100% cohesive.
>>
>>345231025
>fallout is dead

Probably, it's unlikely anyone competent at writing will ever get to touch it, outside of mods. It would be nice to see Obsidian make another fallout game, but I doubt they would take another offer from bethesda.
>>
>>345238062
>It would be nice to see Obsidian make another fallout game
Not him, but read >>345231025 again, Obsidrone
>>
>People complain about the emptiness of the Mojave

Wasn't the dedness of the Capital Wasteland one of it selling points at launch ?
>>
>>345233374
Honestly I liked getting the mini gun and power armor early in the game so I could sell it and just have that useless shit out of my way
>>
>>345238391
The problem here is that this is the western wasteland, it's not suppose to be this fucking empty, and it's especially not suppose to be this far back into the god damn stone age.
>>
>>345238026
What you do in goodsprings affect your standing with the powdergangers and so can mean quite a lot for a first timer through the desert. I agree that it's not on all points but it does do it quite often.
>>
>>345238925
>stone age
>has electricity, manufacturing, trade routes, currencies, agriculture

u wot
>>
>>345236667
Fallout 4 handles reloading different, you can have godmode on but 1 shot weapons like a sniper or action lever always reloadthe same, god mode or not.
>>
File: Bethesda can't into food.jpg (146 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Bethesda can't into food.jpg
146 KB, 800x600
>>345239187
How do they get raw materials and food

In NV, 2 and 1 everybody has a farm and a well
>>
>>345239478
I think we're thinking of different things here. I'm referring to 1, 2, and NV. I probably misinterpreted this>>345238925
>>
>>345239187
>too retarded to build
>"trade routes" are just people following roads
>cattle just wandering around because no one fixed the fences
>>
>>345239436
NOPE.
With godmode you have automatic fire on every weapon, including fatman.
>>
File: 1458346368150.jpg (13 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1458346368150.jpg
13 KB, 500x281
>>345227614

New Vegas is the better game because it gives you more freedom in decision making as opposed to Fallout 3's "Have you seen my dad?!" You can care about fuck all in New Vegas and do what you want, while in 3 (and even 4) there's always this lingering cloud over your head when you do everything you could possibly do around the story only to go "Oh, right, I have a father/child to look for." Its jarring since it basically butchers the tension and importance of the story when its portrayed as urgent but you went off to help a talking tree or two crazy people who think they're super heroes.
>>
>>345232278
F3 fans everybody
>>
>>345239662
I think he have mistaken the ruin east coast with the prospering west coast
>>
>>345240449
has*
>>
>>345240618
should of*
>>
>>345240697
*rip
>>
>>345239920

Agreed. I had a hard time roleplaying Fallout 4 because how it forced my character into a certain box. I couldn't convincingly play a chem-crazed murdering psychopath when my character showed obvious interest in perusing a son he never would have had.

My courier delivered packages to fund his drug habits. He had some painful past memories that only drugs could fix. He was generally a good guy, but wasn't afraid to take advantage of an opportunity if it paid well.

In Fallout 4, I had to bounce back between a psychopath and a loving father. Doesn't work. I also had to figure out how I would have gotten married with a child when my character hates kids and women.
>>
>>345241015
I just honestly took the backstory, muted the voice acting, and made it two junkie roomates who had casual sex resulting in an offspring one of them came to love only after getting it ripped away from them.It takes a whole lot of work to even pretend to roleplay, but a druggie who wants a kid only a possession is sort of fun.
>>
NV is an objective improvement in most categories, but it's two critical failures are its map and its atmosphere.
To be fair NV purposely went for a lighter and less post-apocalyptic atmosphere, and explains in-game why the area is so well off.
3 has the best atmosphere of the 3D games. With the right mods its probably the best post-apocalyptic survival simulator experience available outside of Stalker.
inb4
>muh atmosphere
>its been 200 years ffs
and my favorite
>Fallout isn't supposed to feel post-apocalyptic
>>
File: This is fine.gif (11 KB, 373x367) Image search: [Google]
This is fine.gif
11 KB, 373x367
>>345227614
>why didn't I have as much fun with it as I did with fallout 3?
Are you sure you're remembering vanilla fallout 3 and not TTW F3 with a shit load of graphic and gameplay/difficulty enhancing mods?
As a reference, this is vanilla fallout 3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4L53V2sa-0
Huge masses of land with nothing in them except for clutter and debris. Slowly jogging around encountering nameless raiders, orcs or other creatures every two feet that pose no threat whatsoever since you're indestructible even on the hardest difficulty while hearing some generic hollywood action movie music. But to make things even easier you can stop time and let the game play itself for you. Even if you don't want to use vats, the shooting mechanics are absolutely horrendous. Just awful all around. The game revolves around the shooting but it has no deep to it at all. No iron sights, no ammo types, no gun mods, no reloading bench, no cover system, nothing. Not even the freeze time and let the game shoot for you mechanic has any depth to it and wasn't balanced at all since with a few perks you can easily break the game and become invincible with it. Other than that the main story is awful, the side quests are meh(some are decent enough), Some locations are interesting while other are shit, all the unique weapons look the same as their non-unique counterparts and every weapon feel and sound like shit anyway, the green filter never goes away, you're an abortion of ciencie kys, etc.
>>
File: 1468572499294.png (50 KB, 282x424) Image search: [Google]
1468572499294.png
50 KB, 282x424
>>345243237
If you actually think Fallout 3 has atmosphere then you should try to play Fallout 1 or Fallout 2 or consider killing yourself.
>comparing 3 to STALKER
Oh, another shitpost. Take my (you) friendo for this top shitposting quality
>>
File: 1428432678954.jpg (197 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
1428432678954.jpg
197 KB, 1280x1280
>>345234828
>PPSH, heck of a shotgun
>>
File: 1347420622908.png (265 KB, 513x617) Image search: [Google]
1347420622908.png
265 KB, 513x617
>>345241015
Oh shut up you nerd, you can say that about any game. Watch.
I didn't like New Vegas because I wouldn't be a courier in the first fucking place, immersion ruined
I didn't like F3 because I didn't ask to be born at all, let alone to some faggot and a weak bitch who dies giving me life. Fuck that game.
>>
>>345243631
Why don't you just let somebody post their opinion without accusing them of shitposting. I mean I get that you want to fit in and all, but you can be a more kind person.
>>
el mapa es un descampao
>>
>>345244475

You sound pretty buttblasted.

>nerd

You're crying in the rain, pally.

Being a courier in a game full of quests involving deliveries and other various jobs, and having a full blown wife and kids is two totally different things. Not to mention the amount of dialog tied to the search of his son. In New Vegas - aside from Lonesome Road - there is no further backstory on who your character is and what their current motivations are going forward.

If my character was against delivery jobs, I could at least comically explain it as they always end in bad luck for him. Yet I always need the cash and go back. I would still feel in control of my character. It's a little harder to explain away a family. And even harder to maintain a roleplay when the character you play as is so obviously focused on something contradictory to what you believe your character believes.
>>
>>345246369
>spics are so ignorant they can't even use google translate
>still feels compelled to post in his subhuman language
Thread replies: 158
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.