[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
M I N D H A C K
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 12
File: Delta.png (106 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
Delta.png
106 KB, 400x240
M I N D H A C K
>>
File: C O M P L E X.webm (3 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
C O M P L E X.webm
3 MB, 800x450
>>345223323
>>
>>345223567
What was complex about this? He wanted to be born with mind hack abilities and motivate some fags to find a crazy terrorist.
>>
So was he mentioned at all in the older games?
>>
>>345225010
I believe only as Brother.
>>
File: 1468524798561.jpg (135 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1468524798561.jpg
135 KB, 800x600
Delta is Old Sigma.

Sigma is Kyle

Young Sigma is Future Sigma.

Delta is K
>>
>>345223567
YOU WERE BORN A SHITTER
>>
>>345225269
>esper powers that allow you to physically jump between timelines are silly
>in a world full of silly esper powers and bootstrap paradoxes

>ayylien technology that works on 110v since 1900s is okay
>>
Hope that Anon SHIFTs into this timeline.
>>345225269
>It would be stupid to think it was an exaggeration. It is a plothole to give him powers that contradict the rules of the universe.

>mysterious cult leader no one really knows anything about
>they say he can transport his body to different timelines
>must be true, therefore a plot hole
It's only a plot hole if they actually had him teleporting his body to different timelines without explanation. They said so many things about Brother in VLR most of which was only half true or an exaggeration.
>>
>>345225631
Think back on your path to this VERY moment.
>>
Excelsior!
>>
>>345226129
I haven't played VLR in some time so I don't remember what was said about Brother, but
>they say he can transport his body to different timelines
Considering he gets the transporter that could be considered true.
>>
>>345226424
Of course it's possible now.
The Anon I was arguing with insisted that Brother allegedly being able to transport his body to other timelines was a plot hole in VLR until ZTD came along. As if we ever had any reason to believe everything about Brother to be 100% true.
>>
Post your ratings

>Puzzles
VLR>999>ZTD

>Writing
999>VLR>ZTD

>Tweeests
VLR>=999>ZTD

>Visuals
999 >VLR>ZTD

>Music
VLR>999>ZTD

>Overall
999>VLR>ZTD
>>
File: Junpei's Brilliant Plan.png (152 KB, 730x290) Image search: [Google]
Junpei's Brilliant Plan.png
152 KB, 730x290
>>345227617

>Puzzles
VLR > 999 > ZTD

>Writing
VLR > 999 > ZTD

>Twists
VLR > ZTD = 999

>Visuals
999 > VLR > ZTD

>Music
VLR > 999 > ZTD

>Overall
VLR > 999 > ZTD
>>
>>345227617

>Puzzles
ZTD > 999 > VLR

>Writing
VLR > 999 > ZTD

>Tweeests
VLR>=999>ZTD

>Visuals
999 >VLR>ZTD

>Music
VLR>ZTD>999

>Overall
VLR>999>ZTD
>>
>>345227617
>Puzzles
VLR>999>ZTD

>Writing
VLR>999>ZTD

>Tweeests
VLR>999>ZTD

>Visuals
999=ZTD>VLR

>Music
VLR>999>ZTD

>Overall
VLR>999>ZTD
>>
>>345228048
>>Puzzles
>VLR > ZTD >999
Had a brain fart there.
>>
>>345226129
>>345226830

That's like saying Kyle shouldn't be in ZTD because Akane only said that he went into ?'s body "as a manner of speaking".

Brother was said to be able to transport his body, there is no indication that this is false or an exaggeration, and it was expected to be addressed by many anons. Just because you expected it to be false it doesn't mean it's not a plothole if it's not explained.

I wish the transporter had a better explained origin, since that's it's biggest flaw as a plot device, but a device of it's nature is the only way for Brother to be able to transport his body.
>>
>>345227617
>Puzzles
VLR>ZTD>999

>Writing
999>ZTD>VLR

>Tweeests
999>VLR>ZTD

>Visuals
999 >VLR>ZTD

>Music
999>ZTD>VLR

>Overall
999>ZTD>VLR
>>
post yfw it's revealed that the alien technology is in fact made by humans thousands of years in the future
>it was made by the timeline where the fanatic group destroyed all of humanity
>HOWEVER,few survived,managed to invent this extraordinary machine
>btw they;re mutants that can manifest wormholes out of their asses so they transfered it in the past
why you ask? you'll see ;) and you will be ashamed of your actions
>>
>>345228130
>>345228048
>>345227920
I don't understand how anyone could find VLR better than 999 other than having played it first.
>>
M I N D C R I M E
>>
>>345228686
>there is no indication that this an exaggeration
Except that people know almost nothing about him, not even SOIS. I mean his whole backstory and motivation for releasing R6 given in VLR lies.
>Just because you expected it to be false it doesn't mean it's not a plothole if it's not explained.
If it's false and not explained it's not a plothole.
If it's true and there is a high chance they explain it later and that's what they did it's not a plothole.
If it's no longer mentioned in ZTD like many things from VLR then it's not a plothole in VLR because it's not part of the plot or used in any way.
>>
ITT: Times you acted like Delta
>>
>>345229893
>VLR lies.
*are lies or half-truths.
>>
>>345229685
I liked the characters, soundtrack, and puzzles more
>>
>>345229893
If it's true and not explained it is indeed a plothole, even in the hypothetical case it wasn't mentioned in ZTD. Just like Kyle, for example. Kyle's absence is a plothole.

And there was no indication it was false aside from doing mental gymnastics about how no one knows about him and that's why it could have been an exaggeration.

It's like expecting Akane's story about the Radical-6 release to be a lie in VLR because it was also based on Brother's mysterious background, there was no reason to think that it was a lie, you just took it at face value back then.
>>
File: 1463044945042.jpg (240 KB, 500x747) Image search: [Google]
1463044945042.jpg
240 KB, 500x747
post Phi
>>
>>345230646
>If it's true and not explained it is indeed a plothole, even in the hypothetical case it wasn't mentioned in ZTD.
If the whole transporter thing was missing no one would go back to VLR and say it's a plot hole, because he never actively teleports himself to another timeline in either game.

>And there was no indication it was false aside from doing mental gymnastics about how no one knows about him and that's why it could have been an exaggeration.
That's not mental gymnastic. That's not taking everything at face value, especially when the guy is such a huge mystery for everyone involved.
It could easily be explained that he couldn't SHIFT his whole body but SHIFT into some of his spare clones he keeps around and that's why people say that about it him.

>It's like expecting Akane's story about the Radical-6 release to be a lie in VLR because it was also based on Brother's mysterious background, there was no reason to think that it was a lie, you just took it at face value back then.
Apples and oranges.
>>
File: PhiCover.png (2 MB, 1116x1079) Image search: [Google]
PhiCover.png
2 MB, 1116x1079
>>345231919
Muh waifu
>>
>>345231968
>If the whole transporter thing was missing no one would go back to VLR and say it's a plot hole, because he never actively teleports himself to another timeline in either game.
I wanted an explanation of why brother could break the rules of the morphogenetic field. And plenty of anons did think he could shift his body before ZTD released, because it was something stated in VLR.

>Apples and oranges.
No, it's literally the same situation, yet you seem to be saying that one of the statements about Brother (his reasons for releasing Radical-6) was supposed to be taken at face value while the other (his powers) could've been taken as an exaggeration, just because it helps your argument of his body shifting powers not being a plot hole in VLR.

>It could easily be explained that he couldn't SHIFT his whole body but SHIFT into some of his spare clones he keeps around and that's why people say that about it him.
That would be a good explanation too, I'm not saying the transporter was the best explanation, just that it was a decent solution for a plothole introduced in VLR (brother being able to transport his own body between timelines even though that breaks the game universe's rules).
>>
>>345231968
Brother shifting into clones would imply that he can shift into someone else body (as a clone is a different individual).
>>
>>345233034
>I wanted an explanation of why brother could break the rules of the morphogenetic field
I didn't care at that time because we had no indication that he did break the rules, except some rumors. If his teleport powers influenced part of VLR I would have minded. I'm just arguing that it's not a plothole in VLR because this power was neither confirmed nor necessary for the events of VLR until ZTD.

>statements about Brother (his reasons for releasing Radical-6) was supposed to be taken at face value while the other (his powers) could've been taken as an exaggeration
Never meant to imply that. But from your side of the argument: Wouldn't Brother's reason in VLR be a plothole then, because ZTD stated something completely different?

>>345233292
You can always say they have to be compatible. Like with the senders and receivers in 999.
>>
So what's next for uchi?
Is he going to create a new series or continue this one?
>>
File: 1466772781903.jpg (111 KB, 540x698) Image search: [Google]
1466772781903.jpg
111 KB, 540x698
I'm going to marry Carlos!
>>
>>345234231
Bath in the decontamination acid
>>
>>345234016
>I'm just arguing that it's not a plothole in VLR because this power was neither confirmed nor necessary for the events of VLR until ZTD.
Well, that's still a plothole, there is no need to have it confirmed for it to be so. Stating that someone has a rule breaking power without any explanation is certainly a plothole, unless it's either explained or proven to be false (the burden of proof would be on people claiming it's false, because there is no reason in VLR to not take that statement at face value like everything that was said in the game about him, FtS and Radical-6).

>Never meant to imply that. But from your side of the argument: Wouldn't Brother's reason in VLR be a plothole then, because ZTD stated something completely different?
ZTD stating something different is a retcon, actually, not a plothole.
Though some people think Akane was lying in VLR, which could be possible if she actually was working with Brother after the FtS meeting, but I wouldn't bet on it.
>>
File: 1464907198232.jpg (200 KB, 565x535) Image search: [Google]
1464907198232.jpg
200 KB, 565x535
>>345234231
I think he´s called in favors a couple too many times now. If this game is another flop saleswise, he probably won´t be making any more games.
>>
>Delta was just VLR Akane but on an even bigger scale
>>
>>345234804
>Well, that's still a plothole
Looks like we have to agree to disagree. I don't see it as a plothole because it's easily explained with them not knowing the details, especially with the whole mystery surrounding the cult. It's another point that should be expanded upon in the sequel.

>ZTD stating something different is a retcon, actually, not a plothole.

Just going with the wikipedia definition
>Such inconsistencies include such things as illogical or impossible events, and statements or events that contradict earlier events in the storyline.

>she actually was working with Brother after the FtS meeting, but I wouldn't bet on it
That would at least explain why she lied about not knowing what happened at the test site.
>>
So what the fuck did Sigma, Diana, and Phi do after the game? Did they just decide to start living together as a family with their alternate timeline daughter that's barely younger than them? Did they and Delta go to the fucking amusement park and get a photo of them on the rollercoaster? Come on Uchi, give me something here
>>
>>345237124
>Oh, yeah and this is our son´s room. He´s 124 and still living at home so we´d appreciate it if he finds a job soon
>>
>>345236280
> don't see it as a plothole because it's easily explained with them not knowing the details
It was a plothole because it contradicted the rules of the game universe, that's not up to discussion.

>Just going with the wikipedia definition
And check what retcon means:

>retcon: revise (an aspect of a fictional work) retrospectively, typically by introducing a piece of new information that imposes a different interpretation on previously described events.

As you can see the change in Brother motivations is not a plothole, but a retcon.
That, or Akane was lying all along.

>That would at least explain why she lied about not knowing what happened at the test site.
Yes, which is why I said it would be possible, I just doubt Uchi had planned all of it beforehand.
>>
>>345238148
>It was a plothole because it contradicted the rules of the game universe, that's not up to discussion.
It only becomes a plothole when the game has Brother teleporting around and not explaining it. People talking about some rumors doesn't make it a plothole until it actually happens.
>>
>>345238148
Not him, but Brother could've been using robots disguised as him. Everything the characters knew about Delta was a lie anyways.
>>
>>345238963
The discussion is about what we knew about him from VLR, not about the changes ZTD made.
>>
>>345238787
But that's only if you take it as a rumor.
That's selectively taking some information about him as face value, and the other as rumors or exaggeration, which I already said, it seems like a convenient excuse to use for the sake of making an argument.
>>
>>345239626
Any idea where they talk about Brother's abilities in VLR? That would greatly help.
>That's selectively taking some information about him as face value, and the other as rumors or exaggeration
Where have I done this? I take everything about brother's person with a grain of salt, because, as it's stated in the game, only a small amount of people have ever seen him.
>>
>>345239626
>>345240106
And just found this from the man himself, Uchi in his Q&A

>According to one theory, there are rumors that his body as a whole had time slipped to another time.
>>
>>345240106
It was stated by Uchi, not the characters.
It does explain certain stuff from VLR like how Brother could be alive in the future though, so there was enough reason to believe it even as a "rumor".
>>
>>345240492
Still looks like he intended it as a rumor in VLR and not a fact.
>>
>>345240492
>rumor says he actually cares about left
>>
>>345240492
Well I can't find anything about Brother being able to SHIFT his body in VLR, just that some people say that he has a special power and is able to touch the thoughts of others. So maybe that was just part of the Q&A.
>>
>>345240318
>>345240106
>>345242330
... How are you lot this fucking dense?

HE USED
THE TELEPORTER
>>
>>345242453
That's not what we are talking about my friend. Some Anon insisted that Brother being able to shift his body is a plothole introduced in VLR and fixed in ZTD.
>>
>>345242687
>Delta's body ( and conscience ) 'SHIFTing' into another timeline

>Without prior knowledge of space-time teleportation being possible (and only with ayy lmao technology), the conclusion that a SHIFTer possessing such powers would be the reasonable one

>Introduces the concept of an object that can perform this task, dispelling a rumor for what it actually was (which is still shit, but hey)

And here I thought we promoted critical thinking...
>>
>>345242986
My point is that a rumor that's possibly not even in the game but just some Q&A is not a plothole.
>>
>>345243290
Precisely. And even then it was an open-ended rumor.
>>
File: WHATDIDYOUJUSTSAYABOUTMILA.png (307 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
WHATDIDYOUJUSTSAYABOUTMILA.png
307 KB, 640x360
>>345242986
Anyone else stared in disbelief when Zero´s all like "yeah, that´s alien technology"? And then it turns out to actually be alien tech? Like seriously, what?
>>
>>345243484
No, nobody else of quite literally 95% of us cared about the ayy lmao technology out of the fucking left fiOF COURSE IT'S FUCKING BULLSHIT
>>
>>345243358
Thank you. No reason to call me dense.

>>345243484
I hoped that there would be a proper explanation down the line. Nope. AYYLIUMS
>>
>>345243603
I just ask because everyone going on about "mindhacku" but that was not nearly as unbelievable as the fucking alien tech.
>>
>>345243708
Pardon; I was referring to the one who thought this was an actual plothole.
>>
File: 1468591807791.png (105 KB, 255x251) Image search: [Google]
1468591807791.png
105 KB, 255x251
>>345243484
I'll never get over it. But life is simply unfair, don't you think?
No use complaining unless we SHIFT back and edit Uchi's script, is what Carlos would do right now.
>>
>>345243851
Carlos seemed to enjoy SHIFTing a little too much if you ask me. Also what happens to him in the VLR timeline?
>>
>>345244215
>>345243851
He and Maria probably die from exposure to Rad-6, whether it's first-hand, or by someone elses' suicide
>>
>>345229685
the puzzles were better, you dont have to replay the same escape rooms/cutscenes over and over, the characters had more umph to them and the dialogue is generally way better

999 is Literally Flawless and I do like it more, but VLR was stronger throughout if you can look past some of its flaws.
dice puzzles reeeeeee
>>
>>345243785
I was the one that called it a plothole, but only in the context of VLR and it's Q&A, not after ZTD was introduced, because it obviously solved that issue with the transporter.

I was saying it was a plothole because it broke the universe rules, another anon said it wasn't a plothole because he took it as a rumor/exaggeration thanks to how most of Brother's background was so mysterious in VLR.

The whole discussion is basically about what a plothole means, I doubt me or the other anon were disagreeing on something else.
>>
>>345244552
>Dying
>When he has fucking quantum immortality
Dude would just SHIFT
>>
>>345244648
Well now you've both left me confused by being civil--

Darn you, at least take some angry side so I can act like I'm superior!
>>
File: 1467680668678.jpg (112 KB, 1060x404) Image search: [Google]
1467680668678.jpg
112 KB, 1060x404
>you will never experience these three games for the first time again
>you will never feel the rushing mix of confusion and anger of hitting your first ending in 999 wanting it to keep going
>you will never get the spark of excitement realizing how all of the characters relate to each other
>you will never experience that first moment in VLR where your decision in one timeline affected an outcome in another
>you heart will never beat as fast as it did when you started unlocking all of those locks in your multiple timelines one after the other and everything starting coming into the picture

Regardless of what you think of the third game as well, this series was such a fucking wild ride. I love each game to bits for their own reasons even if I do think the third is three or four steps back in terms of quality compared to the first two. Fuck man I love these games.
>>
>>345244645
I remember how after trying a lot of times with no success the Q room dice puzzle, I grabbed a pair of dice and for something like 2 hours started to study what rotations do I have to do to be able to get the face I want of the dice.

Fuck that puzzle and me not wanting to change the difficulty or look at a guide.
>>
Do you think during VLR's production Brother was originally planned to be Phi's brother?
>>
>>345244215
He doesn't exist in VLR. He's a new character introduced in the final game.
He's probably dead because, well he is the guy who calls the ambulances and fire services on the timeline where Radical 6 is unleashed. Its the ending where Akane bonks Junpei's head, which was uncalled for.

>enjoy SHIFTing a little too much
That's what I like about him. Its like a roller coaster ride for him.
>Oh man I made a mistake. Welp, better use the adrenaline from this exploding machine to fuel my SHIFT powers.

>>345244768
>Be Carlos
>Be fireman
>Unknowingly train for SHIFT because as a fireman he knows which room wont kill him and which room has civilians
>A real life minesweeper expert, awakened into a SHIFTER at Dcom
>>
>>345245378
Nice for you being this happy for the series.

In my case I feel a hole inside because I was too hyped for what the third game was. I liked what I could but they left too many things out and left a lot of questions unanswered being the game that should have finished the saga.
>>
>>345245862
>bonks Junpei´s head
Doesn´t she stab him with the bracelet?
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.