[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Personally, I only like a few Wii games, but it'd be stupid
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: vg.consoles.01.lg.jpg (12 KB, 440x330) Image search: [Google]
vg.consoles.01.lg.jpg
12 KB, 440x330
Personally, I only like a few Wii games, but it'd be stupid to buy a NES mini over a Wii and here's why:

- They're really cheap right now, especially used.
- Installing homebrew and installing WADs on it is incredibly simple, meaning that you have acces to pretty much all the NES games released for virtual console on it.
- Not only will you be able to play 90+ NES games on it, but also SNES, N64, Mastersystem, Genesis, Neo Geo, SNK games on it
-Able to play and pirate Gamecube and Wii games on it.
-Ability to use emulators (even though they're pretty terrible)
-You can buy an adapter to play with NES/SNES/N64 controllers
- You can inject some ROMs that were never released for virtual console on it.

And the most important reason of them all:

-You can hook it to a CRT

So do the world a favor and don't buy that piece of shit NES mini.
>>
Dolphin > Wii.
>>
>>345222161
No
>>
>>345222161
The only benefit i see over the wii is the lack of batteries.
>>
>>345222009
Good for you.
>>
>>345222009
ok.
>>
>>345222009
Wii U made the wii completely obsolete as anything but an alternative gamecube
>>
Wii's cost over a $100 now I think.

And the fact the NES games have HDMI is a perk not a con.
>>
>>345222009
Good for you. This is aimed for casuals who don't want to mess around with any of that.
>>
>>345225103
Bought mine with two controllers, two nunchuks and a classic pad for 39 €. Pretty sure you can find them for less, some people sold the ones with disc error for 5 bucks, if you use HBC there's no need for discs
>>
>>345225103
>Preferring toplay NES games on a HDTV over a CRT
>>
>>345222161
Dolphin can't properly emulate N64 games.
>>
File: 1391807722376.png (1 MB, 1647x989) Image search: [Google]
1391807722376.png
1 MB, 1647x989
>>345225103
>NES games on anything but a CRT
>>
>>345225103
dude i have like 2 wiis just lying around. they are cheap as hell because they're obsolete and abundant in number
>>
>>345226513
>can't properly
Does it emulate N64 games at all? I thought it was just a GC / Wii emulator. I didn't know N64 was even similar architecture.
>>
>>345226513
Wouldnt it play virtual console N64 games just fine?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.