[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I wanna play this game since /v/ is always talking about it,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: boxshot_480x600.jpg (63 KB, 480x600) Image search: [Google]
boxshot_480x600.jpg
63 KB, 480x600
I wanna play this game since /v/ is always talking about it, but is it necessary to play the first game Redemption? Will I be lost if I don't?
>>
It's a game based on an RPG system. These rarely have any sort of overarching plot worth following.
>>
>>345209339
I thought it was the opposite?
>>
They have no connection with each other, other than existing in the same fictional universe
>>
>>345209974
Thanks
>>
>>345210348
OP DON'T BUY THIS GAME JUST PIRATE
MONEY GOES TO ACTIVISION, NOT THE DEVS
DEVS ARE KILL
>>
>>345209150
They aren't directly connected but you should play them back to back if you can. Redemption gives you a lot of the backstory of the setting and it ends really close to where Bloodlines starts.
>>
>>345209150
>what a shit box cover
Masquerade was more fun, but shittier graphics. Much like Deus Ex.
>>
>>345210429
Even from gog?
>>
>>345209150
No, the first one is aobut castles and medieval shit, don't think you even ply as vampire.
The second one it's in a more contemporary era.
Completely different type o gameplay too.
>>
>>345210429
But I thought no dev gets any money once a game is out?
>>
>>345210935
they killed Troika
>>
>>345210935
Publisher went out of its way to fuck over the devs while the game was still in development.
>>
>>345210852
>1st game starts medieval, but 3/8 in goes contemporary
>>
>>345211042
Trokia not being able to produce a working game is what killed Trokia.
>>
>>345211268
Troika couldn't make the game they wanted to because Activision fucked them with deadlines.
>>
>>345210747
GOG might dilute the money a bit since it has wesp5 patch included. Pirate it just to be sure.
>>
>>345211268
>b-but the producer
>>
>>345211398
wesp gets money?
>>
>>345211525
Usually no, but since they are selling his patch included in the game I'd wager he would at least get something out of it. I might be wrong though, not that it matters when most of the money goes toward activision.
>>
They are separate stories so you'll be fine.

Redemption is pretty badass with mods but fuck that boss in the catacombs.
>>
>>345211816
>but fuck that boss in the catacombs
The hardest bosses are the guy in the Cappadocian base and the golem. After that you get so many disciplines that the hardest part is having enough blood packs.
>>
You'll be mired in incomprehensiblility.
>>
>>345210687
And here I thought Bloodlines was the Deus Ex of the two
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.