[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why do you hate this game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6
File: 250px-Dxinvwar.jpg (33 KB, 250x358) Image search: [Google]
250px-Dxinvwar.jpg
33 KB, 250x358
why do you hate this game?
>>
Universal ammo was shit. Constant loading screens because of console limitations were shit. Choices between factions that don't matter since they'll forgive anything anyway were shit. Augmentations that were super easy to max out were shit.
The whole game was shit. It had some good parts but it the shit parts outweighed them. And that's just taking it on its own and not comparing it to Deus Ex.
>>
>>345208471
It's not bad but it's mediocre as fuck. People would consider it a decent, or even good, game if it didn't have Deus Ex in the title.
>>
It's a bad boring game by any standards, it only gets that much worse when you consider the fact it's Deus Ex 2.
>>
Shitty sequel that insulted the original.
>>
>>345208471
consolified

it was the beginning of the end of good pc vidya
>>
>>345208471
well first of all that guy on the cover looks like a singer from a early 2000s boy band.
>>
Ran like shit at launch and still looked like shit. Small, contrived levels.
>>
>>345208471
It would probably be better regarded today if it weren't the sequel to one of the best pc games of all time
>>
>>345208471
I don't hate DX:IW. Sure, it wasn't as good as the original but it was entertaining.

Still way better than the crapfest that was DX:HR though
>>
>>345208471
Consolization: The Game
>>
>>345212436
Actually, Deus Ex: Invisible War and Thief 3 are the absolute worst examples of consolization in games you can think of.

Compared to those games, everything else has been a sharp improvement.
>>
File: Reverse nope.gif (2 MB, 488x291) Image search: [Google]
Reverse nope.gif
2 MB, 488x291
>>345208810
Thank you, I'll save this as my pasta and build upon it so we can stop having these threads.
>>
Deus Ex had a build up to the shadow side of UNATCO. Invisible War does that in the first 10 minutes.
>>
Because i have never played it but /v/ says it's shit so will repeat other peoples opinions
>>
>>345212856
God, it's been over a decade since I played it but I can still remember the terrible hammy writing the scientists give as they give you all the fucking exposition on what they are and how you are their lab experiment.

That's when I realized the game had no hope.
>>
The Securom CD-check DRM made it to where any loading screen had a 60% chance to lock up the game. The only way to fix it was to get a no-CD crack.

DRM ruined the game and piracy made it playable again (not "good," mind you). I learned an important lesson back then.
>>
Gameplay is much improved from the first in terms of combat, and enemy AI, but it has some faults.
The shared ammo is really shit.
Major areas of the game are super short, and far more linear.
There is less exploration.
The writing isn't nearly as in depth.
UI and inventory is poor.

Some stuff is pretty cool, its not without its redeeming qualities, just a shame that this is what followed the first Deus Ex.
>>
>>345208471
He looks like a chad
>>
>>345213314
>Gameplay is much improved from the first in terms of combat

what how
>>
the war was pretty visible
>>
Still better than HR.
>>
You need a silent movement aug just to crouch walk silently.
>>
>>345212993
That shit just went too fast.

>>345212843
What I liked about Thief 3 was the introduction of a hub. Before you start taffering you have to sell your stolen goods, buy some resources and evade the guards. It brought more immersion to the game. But goddamn were the levels small. And fuck the lockpicking minigame. It didn't feel like fumbling around. Screw that third perspective. That gives you an advantage you should not have as a player, as a thief
>>
File: image.jpg (68 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68 KB, 800x600
>>345208471
I don't hate it, it was one of my first rpgs growing up, so i kind of have this unconditional love for it, you know...

plus, the main menu music was pretty great, don't lie guys

https://youtu.be/55DlnebIGFI
>>
>>345213605
Enemy AI in the first game is so piss poor a lot of guards aimlessly walk in circles. Its worse than DOOM.
They're incredibly easy to knock out just throwing shit at them.

How enemies patrol, and respond to threats/alarms in IW is a lot better.
>>
>>345208471
I don't. It suffers from heavy consolization.
>>
>>345212848
I used to know a guy who played this game + HR, but never wanted to play the original even though I raved it ... "too dated"... fucking newer generation of people are shit
>>
File: Tmp_ACM_Bigby_GA60806772.png (917 KB, 669x865) Image search: [Google]
Tmp_ACM_Bigby_GA60806772.png
917 KB, 669x865
>>345212843
>Actually, Deus Ex: Invisible War and Thief 3 are the absolute worst examples of consolization in games you can think of.

Nope. They were the first alarm signals of how shit things will be turning out. If you want bad examples of consolization in games you just have too look at the gamesmarket nowadays.

Also: Thief 3 is one if not THE best game in the entire series. Bet you didn't finish it at all.
>>
>>345210770
The problem with that is that the game grabs onto the original every time it has the opportunity.
If IW wasn't a Deus Ex game it would simply not be IW.
>>
>>345213807

>plus, the main menu music was pretty great, don't lie guys

>Entire first minute is shit

Am I listening to the fucking intro to Gargoyles? No, I'm here for Deus Ex, you mongoloid.
>>
>>345214187
Human Revolution was way better consolized.
>>
>>345214187
Holy shit, I have never seen such idiocy in /v/ before.

Thief 4 has much more space and design than fucking Thief 3 did, you retard. Same with Deus Ex HR over Deus Ex IW. I'm not defending either of these games, I'm saying they're outright way less consolized than Thief 3 or Deus Ex 2 were.

Nostalgia-goggles clouding your fucking mind.
>>
>>345214187
Thief 3 is godawful. You have no right whatsoever to complain about the current "gamesmarket" if you thought that game was good.
Thief 1 and Thief 2 are a million times better than that piece of shit.
>>
>>345208471
I just started playing this for the first time after putting it off because I heard that it's bad.
I only just finished doing all the stuff in the Emerald Suites zone and the game doesn't seem that terrible. Getting all the aug slots filled up in the first 30 minutes of the game is a little weird though.
Also, I know this a 'no shit' thing to bring up, but this game straight up has the Thief 3 faction stuff in it, doesn't it?
>>
File: Project Snowblind.jpg (83 KB, 640x896) Image search: [Google]
Project Snowblind.jpg
83 KB, 640x896
>>345208471
The massive consolification meant that everything about the game play was a step down in every regard.
All the tactical depth of weapons and ammo is stripped away due to univeral ammo.
Enemie AI is dumb and shit and barely reacts to anything other than direct gun fire. It is just pitiful after seeing the AI in the original game do things like investigate areas, call for backup, or take cover.
Levels are pretty flat for the most part with the occasional vents here and there.

Even without the play, the writing is trash. You can just stab everbody in the back throughout the entire game and they will just forgive you and offer you yet another chance. The only final choice is which ending you take.

Project Snowblind did a better job of extending the DX narrative and it pretty was a spinoff until the license got pulled for unexplained reasons.
>>
File: b14.jpg (346 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
b14.jpg
346 KB, 1920x1080
>>345214513
>>345214913
>>345215014

Kinda hard to read some proper arguments over you fill of lazy insults.

The thing is that 90% of the shits that Invisible War gets you can apply straight to Human Revolution but somehow everyone is cool with it. Well everything besides the universal ammo bullshit.

Take him for example >>345213314
>>
I never asked for this.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.