[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kids are actually going to learn about WW1 from this. They h
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5
Kids are actually going to learn about WW1 from this. They have a duty to have it historically accurate or not do the game at all, how fucking disrespectful to the men who lost their lives can you be?

https://www.vg247.com/2016/06/13/battlefield-1-doesnt-have-female-soldiers-because-boys-wouldnt-find-it-believable/
>>
The link you posted doesnt correlate to the opinion in your post.
>>
>>345206148
Read the article and see how they are complaining that its too realistic
>>
>>345205996

This game is going to have all the impact and effect of a cat's fart, get over yourselves
>>
DICE is a Swedish developer. Political agendas come first for those cucks.
>>
>>345206334
Read the article you fuck. DICE decided NOT to have female soldiers in the game. Learn to read you fuck.
>>
>>345205996
>kids
This is a mature rated game though, why would kids be playing it?
>>
>kids
>learning from an R-18 game
Can't compute officially.
>>
>>345206334
Is that why they're including black people?, because they're Swedish?
>>
Battlefield 1 doesn't contain France in the multiplayer because boys wouldn't believe that France stepped their shit up
>>
File: 1468140596309.png (116 KB, 255x254) Image search: [Google]
1468140596309.png
116 KB, 255x254
>Learning about history from an arcade shooter game
>>
>>345205996
>They have a duty
>>
File: zeus_image4.jpg (356 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
zeus_image4.jpg
356 KB, 1024x768
>not learning Greek from Zeus.
>>
File: killyourself.png (51 KB, 1336x600) Image search: [Google]
killyourself.png
51 KB, 1336x600
Thread.
>>
>>345206614
99% of games and movies are made for teenage boys. Yes even M rated games.

/v/ needs to realise that once you're over 20 you don't matter to the culture industry any more.
>>
>>345207798
Teenagers don't have money. I do. I'm pretty sure games are made for me.
>>
>>345207610
>Implying there wont be a female skin with the eastern front DLC
>>
>>345206287
>all the impact and effect of a cat's fart
i fucking lol'd
yeah it's just a game
>>
>>345207895
teenagers have parents with disposable income.

This isn't a fucking secret. I don't get how people don't realise that you aren't the target audience, you're an incidental one.
>>
>>345207943
Which they do not have guaranteed access to. Adults have guaranteed access to their money 100% of the time. No one is arguing that teenagers are NOT a target audience of video games. But saying adults aren't a target also is suggesting that marketers ignore the majority of their customers.
>>
Then it's a good thing they all have to learn about WW1 properly in high school. This is a non-issue m8
>>
>>345207610
Its already bad enough that the gameplay footage has shown that most soldiers are black, and not in the african theater.
>>
>>345208106
They do.

I know it doesn't seem logical to you, but nothing they do is. The industry is run by people who don't look at facts, they have specific metrics that they've invented that they work on which is part of why you get these big budget flops that everyone on the ground knew was going to be a flop from minute one.

You and me do not factor into their targeting at all.
>>
>>345208881
As a former computer programming employee of THQ, I can comfirm that this anon is right about this. Even back when our company was relavent the general concensus was that video games were a kid-teenager hobby and thus games were strickly developed to that mentality.
>>
post some good historical video games.
>>
>>345211247
>>345211403
>>345211574
Ah whatever, this is a boring ass crowd
>>
>>345211247
>>345211403
>>345211574
You did it with that evil church thread, you won't with this one.
>>
>No female soldiers because historically inaccurate
>Lets have over 50% of the British army be black
>Lets have a large portion of black German soldiers
>Lets have Australians be black rather than aboriginal
>>
>>345205996
>implying a videogame company whose sole purpose is to make money has a duty to do anything

If kids are learning their history from a game like battlefield you have a big problem on your hands.
>>
>>345207235
>The closest thing to games like this are mobile games now a days.

I fucking hate this planet.
>>
>>345214135
Lethis Path of Progress
>>
I've never played a battlefield game but I've been watching footage from giantbomb and e3 and i actually think it looks good...
>>
>>345207943
teenagers have less money than you, but 100% of their money is disposable
>>
>>345213259
>automatic weapons
>no trenches
>no France (seriously what the fuck were they thinking)
>No Russians

There you have it kids! WW1 was a modern war where 'Merica and Britain beat the Muslims xD oh and it was pre-1945 so germany are le bad guys
>>
>>345205996
I like how DICE are basically throwing the gamers under the bus

"I-Its not like we don't want females! We'd love to have females! But those dirty sexist boy gamers are too blame! Attack them instead!"
>>
With how much they are changing history for this game why not just have females?

And have mechs while your at it, those are cool. Maybe power armor would be cool to see in WWI
>>
WE WUZ BRI'ISH N SHEEEIT
>>
>>345205996
>>
>>345205996
>They have a duty to

Fuck off, you pearl-clutching piece of shit. Art does not have a duty to promote your agenda, no matter if you're alt-right, feminist, or something that's not retarded.
>>
File: image.jpg (466 KB, 793x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
466 KB, 793x1000
>>
>>345205996
Is this game going to siphon off the remaining BF4 players?
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.