[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
enter the gungeon opinions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (326 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
326 KB, 1200x1200
i love this game even though i suck at it really badly what are your guys and gals opinions
>>
>>345203923

worth the $5 I paid for it

got kind of tedious after awhile
>>
It's a good game, but as soon as you're done unlocking shit you never touch it again
>>
File: happytrolltrappedincoil.jpg (74 KB, 627x464) Image search: [Google]
happytrolltrappedincoil.jpg
74 KB, 627x464
Rogue lites just makes me very angry from getting shit drops now, I can't stand playing them.
>>
>>345203969
i agree but damn is it addictive
>>
There should be a higher difficulty settings which only increases the speed of your movement and the enemy bullets.
>>
>>345203923

90% of the weapons are absolute trash.
>>
>>345203923
great game, can't wait for more content. shitters cry about bad rng when it isn't at all a factor.
>>
>>345204203
that would pretty cool
>>
>>345204279
>>345204051
Say hello to casual neo/v/ everyone!
>>
Gorgun lewds when
>>
>>345204402

>People post a valid criticism of the game
>HURR NEO /v/ GIT GUD

Sure is shills in here.
>>
>>345203923
Too many shit gun
Bosses have too much HP and only a few attacks so each boss fight is boring as fuck. Gets really tedious. A save feature would be nice considering runs can last for 30-40 minutes.

>>345204402
>game has a slew of mediocre or just flat-out bad guns (Krobbe, Deringer, Pea Shooter, etc)
>"i-it's neo/v/!"
>>
>>345204590
>>345204613
>Make up invalid criticism to explain away how bad I am.
I-it's because of the RNG guys! It's because of the shill guys!
>>
>>345204613
>All three weapons he listed are low-tier guns designed to be bad

The Klobbe's a joke, the Pea Shooter is supposed to be used with Broccoli and the Derringer is one of the challenge guns.

On the other hand, are you saying that the Megahand, Scrambler, Stinger, Heroine and other guns don't balance things out just as well?
>>
>>345205160
The ratio of mediocre to good weapons is pretty lopsided, even for a game with a pool of weapons this large. And due to how each floor increases enemy HP for some reason, there's not many low to mid tier guns that are worth using past chamber 3. That's why you almost should always avoid opening locked brown chests.
>>
>>345205476
Except for the passives in them. Leave the chests until before the boss, open the higher tier one then depending on your situation, open the brown chest.
>Table Techs and Health upgrades aren't worth it
>>
Great game but as time goes on I realize more and more great rogue lites would just make great games and the random permadeath elements should be left as a separate game mode in the game.
>>
I like it but I feel like it suffers the same detrimental effect over time as a lot of other rogue-lites where the first level or so just gets more and more boring because you're always back down to just a wimpy gun taking way too long to kill trash enemies

Should have had a better system of persistent upgrades to make it feel like you're actually accomplishing something, and not just unlocking guns for the chests
>>
>>345203969
>$5 I paid for it

Who did you rob to get it?
>>
To anyone reading, this post is a complete list of why you should and should not buy this game.

GOOD:
>Interesting Bestiary
>Solid artistic design
>can teleport between finished rooms, making travel easy
>lots of sidequests

BAD:
>Incredibly limited room designs
>Limited enemy attacks
>Developers confused tedium for difficulty, resulting in every boss fight being a 2-year "alternate between tapping left and right while firing" endurance challenge
>the vast majority of the loot isn't worth the time it takes to go to the store to pick up a key

If they ever put it up for less than $5, it might be worth getting, but you're probably going to enjoy virtually any other game you're interested in more than you will EtG.
>>
>>345203923

I had fun at first, but I'm not that good at the game and got pretty sick of the first two floors. Game could benefit from some extra difficulty settings / game modes or something. You have fun being OP and blowing shit up? Up the quality of gun drops and maybe add more enemies for you to murder with them. Want a challenge? Lower quality guns. Seems like it would be pretty simple - it could even be customizeable.
>>
I love it. Definitely one of my favorite games I've played this year.
>>
>>345210483
Thank you
>>
>>345204613
Yeah, I don't get why everything has to be an HP sponge. Reminds me of the game Our Darker Purpose where unless you get the broken china for 100% crit chance you basically never got any extra damage for the whole game and every single room takes forever past the 4th floor.
>>
>>345203923
i am dissapointed with the reloading, i am kinda expect crazy non-stop SCHMUP, not slow paced shooting
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.