[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is the most fun that I've had in a long time. Seriously,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: screenshot0000.jpg (552 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
screenshot0000.jpg
552 KB, 1920x1080
This is the most fun that I've had in a long time. Seriously, why the FUCK aren't you guys playing city builders right now? Fuck off of /v/ and go download these games, buy them; I don't give a shit, just stop being mad and play video games.

My suggestions:

>Dawn of Discovery-Venice/ Anno 1404 (in screenshot)

Fun as fuck and really balanced on difficulty. There are strategy elements to the game in that you have to maintain diplomacy with other factions through trade and missions and defend your society from war and sabotage. Society levels up and changes as you fulfill your population's needs. Society is pretty diverse for a city builder, with 2 societal groups that have very different needs being usable in game. Phenomenal OST too.

>Banished

Comfy as fuck builder. The concept is that you are a group of exiles that have to settle down with nothing. The game is a resource management game to the fullest, and it's very easy to fuck yourself in the beginning compared to other builders that I've played, but it's nothing to out of the ordinary: Provide shelter and food to your people and make them happy. Interestingly, though, weather is extremely important in this game. Comfy OST too.

>Sim City 4

One of my personal favorite games of all time. It has a phenomenal regional system that, given enough creativity, could turn into a daunting metropolis. Its gameplay is largely centered around economics in that taxes affect the population harder in this game than many other builders. The meat of the game comes from managing where exactly your money comes from. There are many different categories of industry and residents and other bureaucratic options give you the ability to make really unique cities. It has a metric fuckton of mods too (I don't know how easy they are to find, but I have about 64 GB of old stuff that I could upload for anons)
>>
File: bikegunchristmasbathtub.png (2 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
bikegunchristmasbathtub.png
2 MB, 3840x2160
That's a whole bunch of words

Anyway, Dwarf Fortress is better than all of this shit. Fuck you all, come at me
>>
>>345203857
because they are limited
rules are simple game meets it's end when you figure how everything works
gardening has more point and less tedious than city builders
>>
File: 20160716084139_1.jpg (373 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160716084139_1.jpg
373 KB, 1920x1080
>Clipboard erased

Well fuck writing all of that again. Just try these too:

>Planetbase
>Cities: Skylines
>Children of the Nile
>Prison Architect (It counts, I think.)

I know that I'm missing a few.
>>
>>345204021

That's such a dry way of playing them, though. Or maybe I'm autistic.
>>
>>345203953

How does one get into Dwarf Fortress?
>>
>>345204393
dont bother
is overhyped here just because its so randumb and 'hard to get into'
>>
>>345204393

I watched first steps on a youtube tutorial, to get the hang of how thing worked (mostly the interface. Its EXTREMELY criptic, but this is because of the insane amount of stuff the game contains), also used magma wiki to get oriented. After that is your job to star exploring the options. I shit you not, its really worth it. I spend an entire fucking winter just playing DF and was one of the best times on my life.
>>
>>345204393
Use the getting started guide on the wiki to get to grips the the basics, then do whatever
>>
>>345204393

Also, one of the best things is the random shit that happens. There was a time a giganti diamond mammoth attacked the fortress, and the captain of the army lost both arms fighting it. When he was about to die he entered a martial trance and fucking BITE the DIAMOND mammonth in HALF.
>>
I really love Simcity 2000's isometric pixel graphics, are there any other games that feel like it?
>>
>>345205678

Take a look at 1849. It's a western themed builder, but it comes close to the aesthetic. Arguably, Rollercoaster Tycoon also.
>>
>>345205376
>>345205396
>>345205571

I'm intrigued. I hear that it has a lot of replayability.

>>345204824

Eh. All I'd lose is an afternoon, so fuck it.
>>
>>345204824
don't listen to this guy, clearly some whiny baby who likely doesn't like building games
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.