[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How's this /v/? It hardly gets mentioned anymore, how does
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: DARKSOUL_facebook_mini.jpg (220 KB, 1200x650) Image search: [Google]
DARKSOUL_facebook_mini.jpg
220 KB, 1200x650
How's this /v/? It hardly gets mentioned anymore, how does it compare to the other souls games?
>>
>>345191862
Better than 2, worst than 1
>>
it's better than 1 and 2, but not better than demon souls
>>
>>345191959
This. Bosses are way more memorable, but there's no poise. Still better than 2 though
>>
It's the best Dark Souls game.
>>
I really just like the boss fights, that's about it. Wish there was a boss rush mode
>>
it has little replay value due to its linearity and terrible pvp, so most people did one or two playthroughs and dropped it
>>
It's barely better than 2 and far worse than 1 and BB
>>
>>345191862
I liked almost everything about it but what killed it for me was no poise in PvE. I understand why they didn't want it in PvP but just cutting it entirely and leaving the stats in it for the menu was so amateur it hurts. It makes half of the equipment useless and most of what remains outclassed simply because something is lighter, which is fucking gay because part of the appeal is that you can do multiple playthroughs in multiple styles but any that involve heavy armour are fucked out of being at all playable because you get staggered by a gust of fucking wind. The enemies are all designed around having poise and have their own working poise systems but we don't. It's so obvious they cut it just days before release but From are stubborn and won't turn it on despite hackers demonstrating beyond a shadow of a doubt that the system works and just needs to be activated on the server or a patch. It sucks because there's a good game beneath it but you can only play a fats small weapon character without gimping yourself considerably. It's not challenging or fun that way and From are standing by their decision for no discernible reason and not actually responding when people ask what's up. I haven't played it in 3 months since I beat NG+ since there's just no variety unless you intentionally gimp yourself to the point it stops being fun. It could easily be the best but as it is there's just no replay value to it which is a real shame.
>>
I've played for about 5 hours and there's some things that really annoy me:

Input queue fucking with me over and over again, I hit roll a single frame after blocking an attack and the character will still roll after recovering from the attack. Or when you hit roll twice in quick succession when you just mean to roll once but it's an intense situation, the character will roll twice. Really annoying.

Somehow it's the WORST PC port of the series. Completely unexplained frame-rate drops, stuttering, memory leaks. It isn't even multi-threaded so changing graphical settings has 0 impact. Just absolutely disgusting.

Enemies seem to have infinite stamina.

Some things that I do like:
Lighting and overall graphics are 100 times better than any of its predecessors. Hell they even figured out how to do dynamic shadows, welcome to 2016. In some areas I'd even go as far as saying the game is good looking by today's standards.

Enemies and bosses in particular have more moves and they mix them up frequently, so they are a lot more fun to fight.
>>
File: W5VT9Nb.jpg (109 KB, 535x608) Image search: [Google]
W5VT9Nb.jpg
109 KB, 535x608
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.