[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the most immersive game on the market right now? What
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: immersed.jpg (70 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
immersed.jpg
70 KB, 1280x720
What is the most immersive game on the market right now? What game can I play that'll completely immerse me in its world and make me feel like I'm there? (preferably non-VR games despite the picture)
>>
Immersion is a hard thing to rate. I get immersed in games, but I can't really define what qualities make them immersive for me, or judge whether or not those games would have the same impact on anyone else.

That said, I found all the King's Field games pretty immersive.
>>
Skyrim
The Witcher 3

It will have to be an RPG.
>>
File: 1446450607419.gif (2 MB, 250x225) Image search: [Google]
1446450607419.gif
2 MB, 250x225
Metro 2033
Vampire the masquerade: bloodlines
S.T.A.L.K.E.R
Dark Messiah M&M
Witcher games
Banished
Gothic 1 & 2 (specially 2)
Max Payne
Mirrors Edge
Sid Meier's Pirates
Sleeping Dogs

A few games I can think of where I was completely immersed
>>
LA Noire, I felt like a real detective in the 40s and it was cool
>>
Depends entirely on who you are and how you play games. Do you like RPGs? When you play RPGs are you just looking for the best gear and highest stats? Do you speed through the main quest to get all the rewards? Do you make story choices based on what you think will get you the "best" story/gear/companion instead of how you would actually act?

I found myself getting really invested in the Witcher 3, I took my time exploring; I inched my way through a spooky cave full of spooky noises and when it sounded like something big was coming from the dark I took what treasure I found and bolted; I got invested in a town in peril after I heard some of the citizens' stories and helped it as long and best I could yet passed by another and its quests when I was focused on another objective; I held expensive items due to their sentimental value and struggled with story choices; I stopped in taverns during rain or nights and read books I collected and played cards; after killing someone I should not have I looked upon the consequences, learned from my mistake, and moved on instead of loading last save to avoid that action and do-over.

Immersion is a two man job, the game can do so much but you have to allow yourself to be immersed and almost stop playing the game solely to win but play the game to experience the game
>>
red dead redeamption
>>
>>345192943
I'm about to say fuck it and go buy a console just for this game. And that'l' be the only game in my library. God dammit Rockstar
>>
>>345193671
>that'l'
how did I even manage to fuck up that'll
>>
>>345193671
Red dead is the only reason I still have my 360 from 2005. I haven't had xbox live in years but I'd imagine the online has changed a lot. Damn though lots of great memories of red dead's online through highschool
>>
>>345193671

I'm probably the only person who doesn't think this game is that great, I played it like last year and it was alright but not the masterpiece everyone makes it out to be. It feels like a reskinned GTA game, and I have played all the GTA games.

Probably just not my cup of tea I guess, the ending was spoiled for me too thanks to a friend.
>>
>>345193927
I have no shame in admitting a big part of Red Dead for me now is probably the nostalgia factor. There's a lot they could have done better. That's also coupled with me absolutely loving westerns though so it was a perfect storm for me.
>>
>>345193927
>>345194052
So should I not go buy a console just to play this game? Because obviously there's no nostalgia factor playing it for the first time
>>
>>345194272
You can buy a PS3 not only for RDR but there's a bunch of other exclusives that are great like Catherine, the last of us, darkness, uncharted 2, demon souls etc
>>
>>345194272
I don't really think buying a console just for one game is ever such a good idea but Red Dead still has a lot to give outside nostalgia. At the time it was incredible but compared to modern games the graphics are only okay and the world isn't as big as it felt way back when. Personally I think the gunplay is really fun, and besides red dead I didn't really touch any shooters on my xbox. The main quest was alright, sort of a classic western tale, but the side quests and stuff to do in the world is really fun and interesting.

I'm sure at first glance the Undead Nightmare DLC looks stupid and boring now that the zombie genre craze has died down but it still has some fun story, mechanics, and mayhem to give.

Can't comment on how online is doing since I haven't played in years but there was a RPG element of leveling up and unlocking new weapons and horses that some people liked, some people didn't. Sort of like a much milder and much easier GTA5 Online.

Definitely pick it up if you're looking to get a new console and games anyway but it's probably not worth its own console these days
>>
File: 1446245721995.jpg (35 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
1446245721995.jpg
35 KB, 500x667
SNATCHER
STALKER
LA Noire
Max Payne 1-3
Deus Ex.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.