[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the 3ds worth getting just for the new Monster Hunter?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
Is the 3ds worth getting just for the new Monster Hunter?
>>
fuck that play 3 & 4 instead
>>
There is a few more games you want to consider.

But as MH machine only is great.
>>
You could also by 3 and 4.

But it also has some other good games like Zero Escape, Ace Attorney, Pokemon, Kid Icarus etc if you're into any of those.
>>
lets face it this new monster hunter is crap take a look at what they did to the weapon damage
>from 1205 dmg
>to 200 dmg
seem like all weapons are all sword and shield now
>>
>>345187738
This I don't understand.

Also everything is way too easy so far.
>>
>>345187738
>>345187805
true dmg numbers you mouth breathers

learn mechanics newfags
>>
>>345186915
not the new monster hunter, but for monster hunter

4U is still the best for me and i've been playing since freedom II on the psp

I'm liking generations so far, but was more hyped for the 4U
>>
>>345187805
the worst part is that this was good in tri then turn to shit in Portable 3rd and fixed again in 3 Ultimate

Capcom what the hell are you doing?
>>
>>345187738
Weapon modifier isn't shown. This makes it easier to compare weapons of different types. It was the same thing in P3rd.

Yeah, I kinda dislike it. I like seeing my great swords go over 1000 attack.
>>
I was faced with the same dilemma, but with MH4U.
Then the next day I learned how easy it was to jailbreak the 3DS and just like with PSP I was easily convinced.
>>
>>345187909
>true dmg numbers
then how the hell Am i supposed to know the diference between upgrades
also you are telling me that a sword and shield is equally strong as a Great sword?
not buying that
true damage means nothing the only true damage there is is element
>>
>>345188257
>sword and shield is equally strong as a Great sword?
But they are? There's no best weapon type.
>>
>>345188257
move values u fucking ingrate
like I said, learn fucking mechanics
>>
>>345188393
Im talking on raw damage not how effective is against monster
I want to kil a qurupeco in one hit not hit it until is dead whit a lame sword and shield

I know there is no best weapon but I believe each weapon is meant for a playstyle and making weapons with similar damage confuses not only me but also a lot of people
>why would I use a giant and slow sword when a small knife does the same damage and is faster?
that is what most newcomers to the game will think
Us beterans have no problem (I played Portable 3rd before) but still thats something that will bother me all the time I play
>>
>>345188257
True Damage and Motion Values:
Big Stick rated at 100 dmg
Little Stick rated 100 dmg

Big Stick's charged attack does 110%, so 110 dmg dealt
Little Stick has quick combos that do in the range of ~15% ~20%, so even though the weapons are rated the same at 100dmg, its motion values being low means it has to hit more to keep up with Big Stick.
>>
>>345186915
can you play as a cat in this one?
>>
>>345188720
>learn the fucking mechanics
I know them played with them before
but they make upgrading equipment seem almost useless
>here you go now your weapon does 5 more damage Are you proud of yourself?
>>
>>345188831
>I know there is no best weapon but I believe each weapon is meant for a playstyle and making weapons with similar damage confuses not only me but also a lot of people
On your weapon choice; more damage + more sharpness = good

Not hard
>>
Can we all agree that lagiacrus ground only is easy?
>>
mh4u is better and doesn't run at silky smooth 25fps unlike MHX
>>
>>345186915
monster hunter sucks, so no

get it for actual good games
>>
File: this is a 2014 game.jpg (30 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
this is a 2014 game.jpg
30 KB, 400x240
>le 3DS meme
>>
>>345192812
>tfw putting my 3DS up to the computer screen to compare
really makes you think
>>
>>345191867
You might as well tell him about those "actual good games". Otherwise you're not helping him at all.
>>
The biggest problem with MH games these days is the 3DS is so fucking uncomfortable to hold it's like some kind of hand torture device.

I don't enjoy sitting around playing a game for hours a day when the device I'm playing it on is giving my hands boneitis.
>>
>>345193002
Did 3U do so poorly on the Wii U that they aren't willing to try that again? I understand that they'll never take MH off handhelds since that's where their money is, but why not release the same version on console and have cross-play between them?
>>
>tfw you'll never be able to play mainline MH on a home console ever again
Seriously, I don't care which console, just let me play it on a big screen with a proper controller and I'll be a happy man
>>
File: IMG_20160716_125200.jpg (3 MB, 2340x4160) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160716_125200.jpg
3 MB, 2340x4160
Way ahead of you, OP.
>>
>>345193396
Because capcom is retarded.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.