[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cancer the hero
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 73
File: cancer.jpg (308 KB, 1162x1300) Image search: [Google]
cancer.jpg
308 KB, 1162x1300
Cancer the hero
>>
Stop whining, he's the perfect counter to ALL of the most annoying-as-fuck heroes (Widow, Genji, Tracer, Lucio)
>>
>>345183316
t. 150 Hours in Genji
>>
>>345183316

Here's a thought, Shoot him
>>
>>345183384
He shouldn't be able to one shot his counter reaper with a chain grab
>>
>>345183384
>he's the perfect counter to ALL of the most annoying-as-fuck heroes (Widow, Genji, Tracer, Lucio)

You mean the heroes that actually take some skill?

This fuck can hook you through walls and doesn't even have to be aiming at you for it to hit

Don't even get me started on his bullshit shotgun
>>
>>345183316
Just play McCree/Reaper you fucking noob
>>
>>345183316
>Reinhardt beat Roadhog by decision
>Reinhardt got busted for a banned substance

Who would have won?
>>
>>345183316
Roadhog is my main nigga but he gives free ult charge to so many characters and he has no mobility abilities.
>>
>>345183487

Reaper with full HP can survive a Roadhog chain/meatshot/melee combo with 10 HP to spare and wraith away to heal up, tho
>>
>>345183487

If you lose to RH as Reaper its %100 your fault.
>>
File: Pudge.png (59 KB, 256x144) Image search: [Google]
Pudge.png
59 KB, 256x144
>>345183316
Excuse me?
>>
>>345183530
clearly someone dosnt understand how the game mechanics work
>>
>>345183316
He's in the game for a reason: as a counter-measure to any potentially imbalanced ultimate abilities. If somebody has one, you can just run a Roadhog and hook them out of it.

He also punishes people who try to play solo by pulling them out and making it 4v5.
>>
>>345183487
He usually can't, unless he gets a godly spread. Not his fault you'll go after him without your shift
>>
>>345183530

They're going to fix hitboxes in the next patch, again stop whining.
Also
>muh SKILL
is not an argument for your "main" to have no actual counter
>>
>>345183530
>This fuck can hook you through walls

This will no longer be a problem after the patch. The projectile hitbox nerf will affect his hooks.
>>
>>345183487
bull shit I had times where I was at full hp and the chain combo fucked me up
>>
>>345183584
>he has no mobility abilities.

Doesn't matter when he has the highest hp pool and can heal 50% of it
>>
>>345183635
>If somebody has one, you can just run a Roadhog and hook them out of it.
Not if you have a good zarya
>>
>>345183594
if you actually play against high rating roadhogs they can instantly kill reaper every time with their combo. If he misses his hook he can right click reaper for an instakill.
>>
>>345183530
I hate roadhogg but why not complain that some other ults ignore height or go through walls themselves?
>>
If he is so good and takes so little skill, why don't you just play him instead if Genji and win all your games? I mean, if you are so high skilled you can main Genji, then Hog should be a piece of cake
>>
>>345183316
>Literally every single Overwatch character has had threads in the past month whining about how broken they are

Why are all the people who play this game such fucking crybabies? Do you get killed twice by someone and come on /v/ to bitch about how overpowered their character is? They can't all be overpowered, maybe you're just trash. Try getting good instead of crying for a nerf.
>>
>>345183316
after the nerf hes easy to handle
lowered rate of fire and the chain hitbox seems smaller
all his ult does is push people away usually
all he has going for him now is his estus flask
>>
>>345183771
literally if the roadhog is any good he will insta kill reaper everytime from full hp. stop spreading bullshit
>>
>>345183316
McCree 2.0 needs to be removed from the game. So does McCree 1.0 and Sniper McCree 3.0 with the sleep rifle. Blizzard is retarded and catering to physically handicapped people with cerebral palsy with this hard cc in a shooter game.
>>
>>345183762
zarya cant even touch roadhog, zarya is a piece of shit
i have NEVER died to a zarya in over 200 hours
>>
>Cancer the game
>>
>>345183671
Fixing hitboxes doesn't fix favor-the-shooter. He can still lag-hook you behind walls if he has a shit connection.
>>
Honestly I do think he's badly designed

A character with as much health as him should not also have one of if not the highest damage close range combos in the game, to make matters worse he can force characters into close range without putting himself at risk, unlike virtually every other close range oriented character in the game, who usually also have less than half the health he does
>>
>>345183896
was talking about how her shield negates hog's hook to stop reaper or pharah ults. Once that shield is up he can't do shit
>>
>Hitbox fix direct hook nerf
>Ultimate is spent 45% faster
>Ana Ult makes Reino and Zarya murder machines

Don't worry you will see a lot less Road Hogs.
>>
>>345183875

>not anticipating Roadhog's chain and wraithing a split second before it hits you
>not using the speed boost to close the distance and then kill him with two blasts to his fat piggy head

git
gud
>>
>ROADREIGHTGE
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>345183975
just wait 2 seconds then hook
>>
>>345184034
Yeah like you're going to hook reaper after that point when he kills your team
>>
>>345184005
>not anticipating Roadhog's chain and wraithing a split second before it hits you
This shit does not work because of the game's shitty netcode. Seriously I am not being salty here relying on reaction plays like that in overwatch is not consistent and will get you fucked as much as it works.
>>
File: reaper anna combo.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
reaper anna combo.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>345184078
>>345184034
especially when you're going to have to deal with this shit now
>>
>>345184156

n-nani?!
>>
>>345183975
>Once that shield is up he can't do shit

Except wait 6 seconds for his hook while Zarya waits 10 secs for her shield?

Or just wait 2 secs for her shield to go down?
>>
>>345183594
this isnt actually true

Roadhog is fine IMO, but if reaper gets hooked, and roadhog is a good roadhog, he can 100 to 0 you without being able to react (as in even if wraith form is up and you spam it, he will kill you)
>>
>>345184005
what is wrong with you? I didnt say that reaper cannot kill roadhog by shifting as he ults. This game has a low tick rate that favours the attackers btw.
>not using the speed boost to close the distance and then kill him with two blasts to his fat piggy head
the speed boost is barely a boost. he can still hook the reaper at close distance and instakill if he is good enough or get a right click one shot if he is good enough.
What is your rating?
>>
>>345184156
What the fuck is this shit?
>>
>>345184290
He will be dead by the time the shield falls off reaper. Pharah it's possible but reaper will fucking kill him
>>
>>345184368

New character Ana's ult makes you go sanic fast and do extra damage for 8 seconds
>>
Roadhog is literally the lowest skill character in the game by a huge margin and that is a fucking achievement in overwatch
>>
>>345184369
>He will be dead by the time the shield falls off reaper.

Roadhog will outdamage that shield and Reapers hp
>>
>>345184368

Ana Ult
Lucio Speed Boost
Reaper Ult

Same combo with McCree, too. He can High Noon 100 yards in 5 seconds.
>>
I usually agree to the fact that everyone bitches about every character that they don't usually play argument but Roadhog is way too powerful in comparison to most other heroes and I'd say his healing ability shouldn't be as instant as it is, also when I play against a hog that's killing my entire team I usually just go rein and keep him away from the rest of my teammates while they take care of the objective/other enemies
>>
>>345184368
Ana's ult makes it to where she increases a character's damage by 2.5 times, increase damage resistance by 65% and increases movement speed by I don't know how much for six seconds and it stacks with mercy damage buff and lucio's speed. This allows reaper to do this shit
>>
>>345184361
If you're constantly being one shot by his right click, why don't you either get closer or further away from him?
>>
>>345184442
Wait they still haven't changed it but deemed a 50 beam is too much?
>>
>>345184579
mercy's 50% beam is a constant while ana's is an ult.
Mercy's beam made reaper one shot all tanks but roadhog and mcree one shot anyone with 200 hp or below. It was broken
>>
>>345184551
>If you're constantly being one shot by his right click
I never said he is constantly getting 1 shot by his right click. its more about dying randomly by it instantly as 250 hp.
>why don't you either get closer or further away from him?
as reaper you have to get close to kill retard
>>
>>345183896
Are you stupid? zarya shits all over Roadhog
>>
>>345184732
His right click only does 50 dmg before it spreads out, so it can't one shot.
>>
>>345183316
Sorry zarya is the broken tank right now
>>
>>345184513

This is going to make Phara obsolete. Phara's trade for standing still was she could move her death blasts around the field at whatever speed, but she had to stay still and in sight. Now Reaper, can clear the field and he doesn't even have to remain still.
>>
File: 1449645638571.jpg (40 KB, 680x848) Image search: [Google]
1449645638571.jpg
40 KB, 680x848
>rmb does the same damage as his lmb but just has more range
>>
>>345183671
They are only fixing the hitboxes for hanzo
>>
>>345184818
yes it can if you the whole ball hits directly
>>
>>345184863
It only does the same damage if it detonates.
>>
>>345184818
https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/4a7v0j/roadhog_right_click_vs_left_click/
>>
>>345184965
No, it can't. Play the hero before you shitpost. His left click is the high damage, high spread shotgun that isn't very effective past what, 4-5 meters? His right click shoots a ball that, before it spreads out after probably 4-5 meters, does only 50 dmg if it hits. Once it spreads then it acts like his regular fire, so if the Hog has their spacing correct it can do high dmg at that very specific distance. Past that distance it's only good for finishing off Lucios
>>
>>345185151
So exactly what I said
>>
>>345183316
I'm actually garbage with him. 4 shots before he has to reload, and very slow rate of fire make it almost impossible to hit evasive heroes of any kind. He HAS to hook them, and if the hooks doesn't one shot them, good fucking luck killing them.
>>
File: 1458799642911.jpg (15 KB, 179x166) Image search: [Google]
1458799642911.jpg
15 KB, 179x166
>>345183316
>hook will instantly kill basically any non-tank from full HP, no headshot required
>way too much damage output at medium range, for a TANK
>most health in the game
>can literally heal half his health with no strings attached

why the fuck do people think he's balanced again?
>>
>>345184895
No its all projectiles.
>>
>>345184782
wrong
i literally piss in every zarya i see, all you have to do is bait her shield, wait a second, hook and then instantly win
>>
>>345185289
>so it cant 1 shot
it can
>>
>>345185318
Play him and 70% of your games if he's broken
>>
>>345184782
The fuck she does. She CANT kill a roadhog unless that roadhog is dumb enough to give her full charge, and even then, she dies in two shots, whereas she has to keep the beam on him for about 15 seconds, which isn't going to happen before he gets two shots.
>>
The most pointless character IMO is widow maker. She sucks ass. Her powers suck, her ultimate is useless, and her sniping sucks.
>>
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 325x325) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 325x325
>>345183316
Mad Pharah I see
>tfw JUSTICE RAI- UGH!
>>
>>345185415
AFTER it explodes it can, I specifically said "before if spreads out." If you are right where it explodes, it can easily one shot you, which is why you shouldn't be that distance away from him if this is becoming a problem for you
>>
>>345185415
The damage is insane if you hit square on at the sweet spot. Hard to do though.
>>
>>345185462
only if you're bad
>>
>>345183316
I called this shit weeks ago

Up to a 3 second stun that MOVES YOU OUT OF POSITION into a one or two hit combo is hilariously broken, considering mccree did the exact same shit but his stun only lasted half a second, and they nerfed him instantly.

Funny how it took you plebs this long to catch up.
>>
>>345183316
he can't approach a team with a zenyatta sitting in the back
>>
>>345185561
>His right click only does 50 dmg before it spreads out, so it can't one shot.
want to reread what you said? you said his right click can't one shot. You specifically said that his right click does not one shot.
>>
>>345185610
Except this is a skill shot, not an aoe, and he won't kill anything over 200 health.
>>
>>345183316
He has his limitations like his shot count.

But I have noticed he can pretty much be used as a damage class making him both a good offensive and defensive tank where say D Va. is mostly offensive and has some real flaws and Rienhart is largely defensive.

The games balance is honestly not bad considering its fairly new and has a fuckton of characters. But I do find it odd I've seen him used pretty much as a dps when others were tanking.
>>
>>345185716
>he can't approach a team with a zenyatta sitting in the back

He doesn't need to go in when he can fucking hook you to him
>>
>>345185574

What is the fucking point of her rope and mine? It's retarded. And the fact that you have to charge her sniper makes it dumb as fuck. She's fucking garbage. Hanzo is better.

Her ult should have made her invisible and her powers should have been acrobatics and smoke grenades/poison grenades.
>>
>>345185803
this has to be bait
>>
>>345183896
>zarya is a piece of shit
Spot the shitter
>>
>>345185829

Found the bad kid. Get your BK ass outta here
>>
>Zarya will never hug you like big fluffy grizzly bear
Kill me
>>
>>345185779
>Except this is a skill shot, not an aoe, and he won't kill anything over 200 health.
Roadhog has a huge hitbox that goes through walls and has insane range. The combo does 300-500 dmg if done properly.
>>
>>345183671
I heard his hook uses hitscan, doesn't count as projectile. Explains the bs hooks be can get
>>
>>345186029
No it doesn't. The ONLY way it will do over 230ish reliably is if he lands an RMB before the hook, which will never be reliable.

And even the 230ish isn't reliable on small targets.
>>
>>345184156
H-HE'S FAST
>>
They should keep the hook mechanic the same but have it so that if you shoot his hook arm, you can block the hook and cancel it.

This way it's possible to prevent it but only if you aren't shit.
>>
>Freeze Roadhog as Mei
>Shoot him in the head with an icicle; he's left on ~50%HP
>unfreezes before I can land a second headshot
>grabs me with his chain and meatshots me
>either I die instantly, because my HP wasn't topped off; I freeze myself (during which he's free to huff his instant +300HP orange drank) and die when I unfreeze, or I can block him with an icewall which he sidesteps and kills me with his altfire

If the game didn't favour the shooter with a bullshit low tic rate it wouldn't be so bad, but getting grabbed from around corners or while behind cover is infuriating.
>>
>>345183316
A lot of people underestimate how much of a penalty roadhog is in terms of easily charging enemy ults. Smart players can basically spam their ults against a team with a roadhog.
>>
>>345183316
Whenever I play him there's always a fucking Zarya who shields her team mates the frame I hook them.
>>
>>345184863
It does almost no damage if the ball hits, and is useless at long range. It does MORE than his LMB at perfect range where it detonates right before hitting the target and all the bits go in.
>>
>>345185754
Okay, so when you have two ideas joined by a comma and no conjunctions, it is a safe bet tod assume one is a dependent clause. The cool thing about dependent clauses is that they can continue an idea present in an independent clause without completely restating it. Example: "His right click only does 50 dmg before it spreads out, so it can't one shot." Here we have two ideas, one about the pre-spread damage of the right click, and one about its ability to one shot. If these ideas were separated by a comma and without "so," then we could assume the right click can never one shot, but because of these two modifiers we must take the previous clause into context. Not only does the previous clause tell us what "it" refers to, but it also tells us that "it" is being modified by, before it spreads.
>>
>>345186140
you're wrong if he hits the shotgun so all the shots hit at the body it does 300 and it can do more with headshots. Go to the practice range.
>>
>>345185318
>most health in the game
This isn't nearly as beneficial as you think. If you played roadhog you would know that 600hp can be eaten through in seconds when your hitbox is the size of an 18-wheeler and you have no movement options whatsoever. Your "no strings attached heal" will just delay the inevitable and give the other team more ult if you use it improperly. He's a fairly balanced character, especially when those hitboxes are going to be patched.
>>
>>345186354
I just googled it and the bots have 200 hp, but trust me you can one shot a reaper before he can wraith away with full hp with a melee
>>
>>345183556
wat
>>
ITT: Reaperbabbies going full bitchmode because their literally no skill character gets rightfully shat on for being a no skill shitheel.
you fuckers are literally the dumbest shit, holy hell.
>>
>>345186354
You can LITERALLY google its damage. It does UP TO 9 damage per pellet and has 25 pellets. It does a maximum of 225 damage without headshots, and if you GO for headshots, you are never going to hit with all the pellats. The only character you can do over 200ish damage per shot against is DVA or another Roadhog. Every other character is too small or has a hitbox where aiming for the head will cause pellets to miss. You will never kill, say, a reaper, in a single combo barring ungodly luck. Their hitbox is too small and you will miss 5+ pellets at least, and they have 250 health so you need literally perfect conditions to even have a chance.
>>
Nerf him in some way but let me hook through walls with the guy.
>>
>>345186586
reaper is the only counter to roadhog and from your statement you prove he has no counters
>>
OP the faggot
>>
>>345186680
what is mccree, he shits all over roadhog all day erry day with his high noon faggotry.
eat a fucking dick reaperbabby, your no skill super special snowflake is gay and deserves the shitting it gets for your lack of skill.
>>
>>345186680

McREEE shits on roadhog if Cowboy sees him first. His huge ass head hitbox lets him pop Roadhogs fat ass
>>
Ana is such a shit hero outside of her ult. Shes litterally one of those moba heroes that are only useable in team fights for their god tier ult combo.

sleeping people and tea-bagging them is really fun
>>
Who's the top 5 most cancerous Overwatch toon?
>>
>>345186783
Her sleep dart is amazing. Her grenade is incredibly. Her primary weapon is shit, but all her abilities are great.
>>
>fatass fuck tank that can't move waddles his fat fuck ass down the fucking path
>tries to get close enough to hook me
>headshot him with literally anyone
>he tries to waddle away
>kill him

How bad are you fucking guys? I mean shit, I knew /v/ was shit at video games, but I never knew it would be this fucking garbage at overwatch.
>>
>>345186787
Mei, Mercy, Tracer, Genji and probably Bastion, all for different reasons. I hate seeing any of them in a game.
>>
>>345186859
as a roadhogfag i can tell you the average /v/fag sucks absolute donkey shit as this thread as proven, holy hell.
>>
>>345186680
>reaper is the only counter to road hog
But that's just false
Pharrah can keep him at range and easily direct hit
Soldier can keep him at range and easily helix
A tracer can 1 v 1 if she has her e
A junkrat can just be himself
A widow can also stay outside hook range and damage him easily
A Zayra can not be shit and get 50 charge for a fairly quick kill
And a Zen can discord to help the team take him out
>>
>>345186781
>>345186746
mcree doesnt shit on roadhog; he is decent against him but now as good as reaper. He will be a counter to roadhog when he gets the range buff though.
>>
>>345184156
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d224exB4vFs
>>
>>345187013
Mcree will counter everything with the range buff.
>>
>>345186680
Actual Roadhog player here. His counter is being shot. He has a huge hitbox and zero armor so he absolutely melts under focus fire. It pisses me off the most when I see my allies ignore a Roadhog that just used his hook. That's when you hit him with everything you have.
>>
>>345183707
exactly, that's called balance
>>
>>345186939
soldier is probably the best against him which is usually why i mostly play him but roadhog can still easily kill everyone of those "counters".
I cant wait till mcree gets his buff and I can shit on all of you roadhog mains like before.
>>
>>345186842
>her primary weapon is shit
I think that's my problem, shes really awful to heal with. She feels like the d.va of healers where you need to have consistant aim just to equal out what the other tanks do.

Feel like she might have a lot of play in comp if they get really good with her sleep.

Personally though I think shes going to be a fad character that will get tossed aside within a month.
>>
>road hogs ult PUSHES players away, does less damage the farther you get

JUST
>>
>>345187212
It's for clearing points and stopping pushes
>>
>>345187092
I usually target roadhog becuase i hate his guts and try to juke his hooks. The problem is when you get the higher elo such as myself and you face roadhog mains who's hooks and combos are on point. these roadhogs will 1 combo you every time as reaper so people need to stop spreading the lie that roadhog cannot one combo a reaper before he shifts away.
>>
>>345186680
Reaper doesn't counter Roadhog unless he gets a heavy ambush on him, and at that point what fight DOESN'T that Reaper win? My most common interaction with Reaper is hooking him as he tries to get close and either 1-shotting him or forcing him to ghost away with 20 hp.
>>
>no Immortan Hog skin

so is it better to just go for bodyshots over headshots when you hook people?
>>
>>345187204
She will probably be super strong in competitive, but she has too high a skill ceiling to be someone you want to see outside high rank games. Just healing with her requires sniper accuracy.

But using her abilities right can turn a fight in your favor so fast its not even funny. She will be OP when played by a really good player.
>>
>>345187310
Spread is too large. Always aim center mass. Half of it will hit their head anyway.
>>
>>345187114
Sucks soldier is getting a nerf; I didn't really think he needed it. Hog can probably 1 v 1 anyone that gets too close, which is probably why /v/ hates him because they are too autistic to work with their team
>>
>>345187310
better to go for body shot unless your pro. You can one combo anyone 300 hp and under if you hit all the shots in the spread.
>>
>>345187405

What? Why is soldier getting nerfed? He's the bread and butter of any push
>>
>>345187405
76's nerf isn't THAT bad. He just doesn't have sniper accuracy from burst firing. He is still a strong hero.
>>
>>345186939
>junkrat
>tracer
>soldier

Roadhog kills these half the time. Even Pharah has to be at insane range to bully him. If she falls below like 80% max height then she is in hook range
>>
>>345187493

>hooking a tracer

lol ok then
>>
>>345183316

How do you get good with this guy? When I hook someone the guy goes to my left or right, never infront of me.

I never have the time to do headshot + melee combo before they run away.
>>
>>345187310
Bodyshots. The spread is huge. If you aim for their head you won't kill anyone. Your spread will STILL miss half the pellets even if you aim square center on smaller targets like Mercy.
>>
Why can't ana headshot, even for double damage.
>>
File: [Desire to Hook Intensifies].webm (2 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
[Desire to Hook Intensifies].webm
2 MB, 640x480
>>345186229
Zarya always tears me up when I play roadhog, it seems like she's highly charged 90% of the time when I face her in pub matches.
>Mfw every time I see a Zarya
>>
It feels like his hook doesn't go as far as it should for me.
>>
>>345187454
It's a minor but noticeable nerf. His firing spread takes a tad longer to close back in after you stop firing. I heard rumor of people using macros to get sniper accuracy with near full-auto bursts because the spread reverted so quickly after you stopped firing, so I bet that's why the change was made.
>>
>>345187524
to be fair you can hook a tracer, its just a bitch at higher levels.
pubbies are easy as shit to combo the fuck out of because the lot always have the exact same movement, literally every single pubbie goes to the exact same area in the range of a roadhog without fail, no creativity whatsoever and then they eat hook to the titties.
>>
>>345187553
Better hooking accuracy may require better aiming and or predicting and or leading.

Headshot melee combo is simply a matter of holding down left click while in the animation of you pulling them, it will fire as fast as possible that way. After you fire immediately press V. Also just a tip, be prepared for the game to randomly decide to place them behind you or to the side.
>>
>>345187405
>>345187454
>>345187469
he is not getting nerfed at all his ult cost is just increasing to compensate for how self-healing contributes to ults now in the game
>>
>>345187584
As another Hog player I'm the one that's unintentionally feeding her charge. A good Zarya is incredibly annoying because she will shield someone after you hook them and get a shitload of energy from it.
>>
>>345187606
Makes sense, even without macroing anything, anything other than holding the button down the entire time was incredibly accurate. If anything was going to be changed, its probably the right thing to hit.
>>
>>345187454
Not sure really, just know he won't be pinpoint accurate at long ranges. As the other anon said, won't be too big of a deal
>>345187493
Just because a certain hero can counter another doesn't make it easy mode. If you play so a Hog can maximize his strengths, like flying directly above him, you're going to have a tough time
>>
>>345185380
i thought hook was hitscan
>>
One of hogs biggest weaknesses is how easily he fills enemy ult gauges, if you ever see someone like soldier just spamming his ult, tell your hog to stop being bad.
>>
>>345187727
my bad I missed the spread recovery thing. I need to start practicing mcree again asap
>>
>>345186648
Hook shoot melee

Melee has no animation cool down and can fire shot immediately

Will kill anyone 200 and under. Reaper and up may squeak by
>>
>>345187806
lol no my dude
>>
>>345187829
pretty much this, hog has to clear the area fast or terribad shit will happen to his entire team fairly fast.
>>
File: output.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
output.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>345187524
>Not hooking Tracer every single time
Killing annoying Tracers easily is one of the main reasons I enjoy playing Roadhog so much.
>>
>>345187558
because she fires poison darts, not bullets, so it would make no sense for headshots to do more damage.
>>
>>345187887
Why are you replying to me? I said it would do a little over 200 damage from the start.
>>
>>345187092
This desu senpai. Road hog nelts under focus fire. Even the fucking games tips tell you to do that.
>>
File: deserved kill.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
deserved kill.webm
3 MB, 960x540
Skill
>>
>>345187941
I wish I used aimbots.
>>
>roadhog players will never know what it's like to chew through the enemy team through sheer force of skill, rather than just brainlessly sipping the kills dripfed to you by your meathook cooldown
>>
>>345187941
How do you prevent the hook that lands to the side? Easily the most annoying thing to hook a tracer for her to get an easy max dmg clip into you before going back in time
>>
Blizzard has done a fantastic job balancing this game. Really fun and great game, will probably be around for years and may even be played in MLG settings.
>>
>>345188052
This is why I can't play Tracer. Is can't aim for shit with her weapons. And if you don't unload every shot into an enemy she can't kill shit.
>>
>>345188052
>skill
>one of the e-

Well fuck. I was going to say one of the easiest, but there aren't really any hard characters in OW.
>>
>>345188052
>everyone just ignoring the tracer
Seriously no one even TURNED AROUND
>>
>>345184453

Torb
>>
File: 388.jpg (30 KB, 230x264) Image search: [Google]
388.jpg
30 KB, 230x264
Well yeah with all the shit he inhales I wouldn't be surprised if he turned out to have cancer.
>>
>>345188151
It's just a tracer, anon. What harm could it do?
>>
File: 1467788412981.jpg (1 MB, 748x6920) Image search: [Google]
1467788412981.jpg
1 MB, 748x6920
Reaper is so good.
>that insane damage
>that healing thing
>the fact that everyone seems to ignore his loud ass teleport and loudness in general
>shadow step is fast
>>
>>345187887
>google its damage
http://www.furiouspaul.com/overwatch/roadhog.html
225 damage for the guns full damage and then add on the melee and hook damage. roadhog can instakill a bastion i am pretty certain
>>
>>345188127
Tracer is not one of the easiest characters. She requires good aiming made harder by you needing to constantly reposition and requires good awareness of your surroundings/who has their crosshairs on you because you can be one shot so easily

Roadhog in comparison is completely and utterly braindead and also zero risk
>>
File: 1323562497605.jpg (21 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1323562497605.jpg
21 KB, 300x300
>>345188202
am i the only one who cant stand any of tracers emotes/highlight intros?

not to mention her voice and her overall design

not to mention her play style and the people who tend to main her
>>
>>345187969

>Sitting around a roadhog for that long as a tracer

Deserved it
>>
>>345188273
>>345186648
meant to reply to that post
>>
>>345188202
>mowed down a fully healthed roadhog
what the shit? how much damage does this bitch do?
>>
>>345188273
>>345188273
Well Bastion has 300 health and you will never get enough headshots to deal fatal damage barring godly luck, so no, he won't.
>>
>>345183316
Don't even bother. I've come to the conclusion that Chodehog is the most popular character among 4chan users. I can't say that I'm surprised he fits the role. An epic fat meme guy with a troll hook xDD.

I don't see him defended this much anywhere else. Everyone knows he's bullshit but if you complain about him on 4chan the Chodehog defense force will pour in and start spewing shit like "Hurrr durr but you can charge your ult off of him!" or "Hurr durr just dodge the hook git gud!"

Fact is that he is bullshit. Highest health pool in the game, can insta-gib almost every character, even Winston every 6 seconds, can heal half of his massive HP pool nearly instantaneously every 5 seconds.

But yeah he's fine cause I'll be able to use my ult once I walk back from spawn after he hooked me through a wall and 1 shotted me and then huffed gas while 2 people were shooting rockets up his fat ass and then walked away.
>>
>>345183384
>Counter to Widow
What?
>>
>>345188386
ironically he gets countered by widow pretty hard
>>
>>345188353
A full tracer clip at point blank range is 240 damage, headshots deal double damage
>>
>>345188382

It's like you don't even play, all you need to do is __________________________________Git gud
>>
File: uploadable.jpg (752 KB, 2148x1556) Image search: [Google]
uploadable.jpg
752 KB, 2148x1556
>>345183316
>battleborn looks like shit
>overwatch literally has this dude
>he may very well be worse than t. "penis neck" attikus
>>
>>345183671
Hitbox for Roadhog is still the same even on the PTR

Only way to fix the hook is to make it hitscan and make the hotbox the same has other hitscan weapons.

Maybe increase the range or damage of the hook?
>>
>>345188449
you're better than me and have good aim so you're obviously hacking.
>>
>>345188353
You can tell there was a soldier attacking Roadhog
>>
File: dhmis.gif (660 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
dhmis.gif
660 KB, 500x281
>>345188353
>Eliminated Cubes 32
>>
>>345188449
How much does tracer's melee do? Is melee damage consistent across the cast?
>>
>>345188446
Which is why I find it funny. Widowmaker only needs to land two headshots to put every Roadhog into Panic Mode.
>>
>>345183316
He's a big guy.
>>
>>345188536
25, yes
>>
I'm rank 75 and there's a roadhog in every game at this level, often 2. It's just an idiotic character. You can't dodge the meat hook on reaction because of the server update rate. By the time the hook renders it's already hit you, so you're totally at the mercy of the roadhog missing.

>>345188536

30 damage, same as all characters.
>>
>>345188568
for you
>>
>>345188375
I thought i saw before but was uncertain, but my arguement is for one shotting reaper which I have proven. 225 + 30 (hook damage) +25? (melee damage I dont know how much it does exactly) 280 damage.
>>
>>345188538
2 fully charged widow headshots is 600 damage = dead boulevard bacon

Highway ham can deny her the head hitbox by turning away though
>>
>>345183384
He actually is the annoying hero.

I can't stand the stun2win meta of blowverwatch
>>
File: HV6HsLi.png (227 KB, 534x486) Image search: [Google]
HV6HsLi.png
227 KB, 534x486
>everyone here
>>
File: 1467686229077.webm (3 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1467686229077.webm
3 MB, 640x480
>>345188008
Thank you for the compliment.

>>345188089
This gets me killed all the time actually, but it happens most often with Lucio and Genji I think, so I end up just retreating to go huff gas.

Also be sure to hold down mouseclick as you hook to kind of queue your shot (for ones that actually land where they are supposed to) so they can't get off their abilities like rewind.
>>
>>345188630
You don't really inflict the full 220 shotgun damage when you hook. Also reaper will wraith form spam out of it before you melee him.

1hitting reaper as streetpig depends on how many pellets hit the head, so, luck.
>>
File: Winston.png (486 KB, 1299x441) Image search: [Google]
Winston.png
486 KB, 1299x441
I love winston.
>>
>>345188630
Yes, but reapers hitbox is too small to hit with every pellet. 95% of the time hill survive with like 20 health.
>>
>>345183671
Play as Lucio with speed boost on with a Roadhog in a game, 9/10 hooks will pull you THROUGH walls and physical entities.
>>
Roadhog is such a joke, I don't understand why McCree got nerfed when Roadhog literally does the same thing AND has more health AND has a reliable self heal AND doesn't have to actually be in melee range to do his death combo at all

>b-b-b-but he has to aim it!
Yes, because everyone knows that aiming the hook is incredibly difficult to do
>>
>600 hp
>Ez kill 1-shot combo hook on 6 second cooldown
>can heal 300 hp very quickly every 8 seconds
>scrap gun can 1-shot, with RMB having extended range 1-shots

How is this balanced again?
>>
>rank 67
>people still pick genji and do nothing all game
when does the suffering end
>>
>>345188732
nope you are wrong. He can literally 1 shot reaper every time if the roadhog is good. As indicated by his post >>345188606 roadhog is broken if youre good with him.
>>
File: the long arm of the hog.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
the long arm of the hog.webm
3 MB, 960x540
When the game knows it's fucked up and just rolls with it
>>
>>345188796
Because he's a big guy xD
>>
>>345188606
I sincerely doubt you have 1/20th of a second reaction speed anyway.
>>
>>345183316
Zero fucking content in your post, why respond?
>>
>>345188473
Why is Roadhog so low and why are Tracer and Reaper above Hanzo?
>>
>>345185452
the dynamic is the same as it is between zarya and reinhardt except inversed.
If roadhog makes the first move, zarya can win.
>>
>>345183316
That's not Hanzo
>>
>>345188837
I keep having the opposite problem as a Roadhog player. I'll hook a Tracer and it will even make the noise that she's been hooked then she just blinks away.
>>
File: 1467895976051.jpg (5 KB, 170x208) Image search: [Google]
1467895976051.jpg
5 KB, 170x208
>need a healer
>zenyatta
>>
>>345188726
Its not a compliment. No way you intentionally hit those shots.
>>
>>345188742
His DPS is such trash tho
>>
>>345188903
thats cause /v/ is fucking terribad at the game, also bastion, holy fuck bastion is cancer.
>>
>>345188796

Because so long as I'm not fighting him 1v1, I can charge my entire ult off him in like 10 seconds. If the enemy team has a Roadhog, I go Soldier, stand just out of hook range, and pepper him repeatedly. If he's a good boy, he'll heal once or twice, giving me even more charge. When he's finally dead, I pop my ult and mop up the rest of his team.
>>
File: deserved kill 3.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
deserved kill 3.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>
>>345188936
Zenyatta is fantastic when the enemy team doesn't have snipers, or relies on zarya.
>>
>>345188884
That he likes Battleborn heroes at all throws his taste into question.
>>
>>345188884
Because contrary to popular belief Roadhog can be shut down very easily and used as a feeding ground for ultimates but only if you and your team don't have potatoes for brains.

It's why he's such a pub to go choice, no one focuses Roadhog which is why he can wreck Mayhem as much as he wants.
>>
>>345188946
Yeah but he can't miss so...
>>
>>345188946
True but that's not what he's for, he's for getting in the back line and destroying squishies and some 200 health heroes if he gets the drop on them.
>>
>>345188884
hanzo looks too feminine for me tbqh

>why is roadhog so low
>>345183316

JESUS CHRIST LOOK AT HIM
>>
>>345188946
You use him to take down low health characters and those with high mobility, they pretty much can't fight back
>>
>>345183316
>there's a roadhog on the other team
>go reaper
>Free ults all round

I have honestly, truly never lost when the other team has a roadhog. It is child's play to bait out their hook and kill them.
>>
>>345188837
I've been hooked probably 2x that length.
You know the second checkpoint on Dorado, with the big door? I was running through the adjacent doorway (where the defending team has to go through before the first checkpoint is taken) and a Hog standing at the far end of the courtyard (nearby to the stalls, behind the fountain) hooked me.

The range on that hook is fucking retarded.
>>
>>345188996
Yeah, he can't miss in his one meter radius attack that can only take down enemies below 100hp
>>
>>345188946
Well he's a tank, they all have shitty dps
>>
>>345188992
>Because contrary to popular belief Roadhog can be shut down very easily

He really can't, he is a giant problem in any fight and guaranteed to get at least one kill, thus paying for himself. Then your team (down one hero) has to deal with a 900 HP tumor before its 6-second hook comes off cooldown while the enemy DPS are fucking you in the ass
>>
>>345188936
>that recent buff
>making him the strongest support hero damage wise and has the survivability of all the others too
>shift is a moderate heal
>not as fast as mercy's not as slow as lucios
I don't see the problem, his ult is also god tier now.
>>
>>345189024
>have never faced a good roadhog
>is rank 40
>>
>>345188992
look closely at the chart
>>
>>345183384
true

but he has no counter since the nerf to mcree. The name of the game to taking out a roadhog is quick bursts of high damage. FOTH was the only reliable way to get enough damage in quick enough to actually put roadhog in danger. Phara's rockets are way too slow, same with Junkrat's grenades. Reaper and Tracer can do enough damage, but it's not fast enough thanks to small clip size for reaper and the super fast shots and long reload time on tracer's weapons (not to mention how his shotgun can one shot her if he can catch her)

Overall though, the only nerf i think he needs is either a damage reduction on his shotgun (at least on characters with more than 200hp), or reduce his health/healing capabilities. Maybe put a longer CD on his heal, or have it heal slower/longer, just so that it becomes more dangerous for him to pop it in the middle of a firefight.

As of now he's just a giant bullet sponge with the power to self heal a massive amount in a stupidly short amount of time, and also has the benefit of being able to oneshot half the roster (including other tanks like D.va and Winston) if he can get a hook off. It takes at least two dedicated team members to train him and neutralize him, which is why we're constantly seeing teams stack him in competitive mode.
>>
>Roadhog tries to hook somebody
>misses completely
>hits me in the background by random chance

LOL! SKILL!
>>
File: drinkwater.jpg (67 KB, 552x504) Image search: [Google]
drinkwater.jpg
67 KB, 552x504
>>345186648
OH FUCKING WOW DUDE NICE MATH EXCEPT YOU FORGOT HOOK DOES 30 DAMAGE AND HIS MELEE ALSO DOES 30 DAMAGE AND IF YOU AIM YOUR SHOTGUN AT THEIR UPPER TORSO SOME OF YOUR PELLETS WILL SPREAD INTO THE HEAD.

A GOOD ROADHOG WILL ALMOST ALWAYS KILL A REAPER WITH THE HOOK COMBO FUCKING KILL YOURSELF YOU LESS THAN 50 RANKING PEICE OF FUCKING GARBAGE.

ROADHOG MAINS LITERALLY END YOURSELVES.
>>
If you play any hero with >201hp, you're playing the game on easy mode and you get zero respect from me. If you're playing Roadhog and think you're "good," you're just delusional and abusing something that's going to end up being balanced eventually.
>>
>>345189097
>implying
reinhardt can have pretty good DPS when hes actually in range to hit shit.
roadhog can do well if hes not plinked off by people who don't suck, which disregards 99.5% of /v/
>>
>>345189006
hanzo has a beard
>Roadhog
Is it just a "fat character design instantly sucks" thing?
>>
>>345189101
>He really can't
Nigger a Phara that can aim and a Soldier 76 are nightmare if they are smart and choose to gang up on Roadhog. I hate it when a Soldier 76 chooses to put me on his shit list because it's impossible for him to miss a shot and he wittles you down pretty fast too.
>>
>>345183316
how does his right click works?
>>
>>345188958
Haha same here dude. I love playing against Roadhogs because if theres a Roadhog on the other team the rest of his teammates dont do anything. They just stand there and let us charge our ultimates off of him haha. Also the Roadhog is totally not getting kills cause its really hard for him to get kills you know?

He just stands there and gets shot at and his team sits in spawn and doesnt do anything. haha.

Walking ultimate charge. He's balanced see.
>>
>>345189154
you sound upset.

You also sound like you have literally never played the game. You will never melee a reaper, because he will wraith away. Even if he didn't, you won't hit with every pellet. The spread is too wide.
>>
>>345189228
Can you math?
>hook damage is thirty
>does a max of 225
>225+30=255
boom reaper is dead
>>
>>345189209
Soldier 76 does 170 dps at point blank, nowhere near enough to deal with a non-shit roadhog before he's hooked a squishy then instagibbed another one with a ranged shot.

Man, I play versus literal overwatch ``pros'' and they run roadhog in basically every composition, you don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>345189209
>Nigger a Phara that can aim and a Soldier 76 are nightmare if they are smart and choose to gang up on Roadhog.
Yes, if they are smart and focus a 600 health character who can also stall for time with his heal who can also and probably did one shot someone already with his hook, meanwhile the rest of roadhog's team is free to fuck everyone else up while two of the other team's main damage dealers are focused entirely on a target that they will not be able to kill for at least 5 or so seconds. Great plan, Roadhog was truly made useless by that big play!
>>
>>345189215

It seems like you don't know how to position yourself. If you're running blindly into a room, it's your fault for getting hooked. If you get anywhere near a Roadhog, it's your fault. If the enemy has a Roadhog, you need to adjust your strategy. This is part of the game. Pick a hero with range, find a place with cover that he can't easily reach, and shoot the fucker in the face. Or, if that doesn't strike your fancy, pick Reaper and literally press W and M1.
>>
>>345189329
>Great plan, Roadhog was truly made useless by that big play!
Yeah he was considering everyone else got his ult ready in a short time to wipe the floor with the enemy team.
>>
File: 1467394373524.jpg (93 KB, 500x545) Image search: [Google]
1467394373524.jpg
93 KB, 500x545
Are they really going to nerf Zenny after they decided to buff him?
>>
>>345189213
it explodes after 10 meters in a shotgun form. It's like if you were shooting your left click from 10 meters infront of you.

It's probably the strongest ability in the game if you can land it consistantly. Headshotting shotting with the explosion is insane

If you don't space it though and hit the ball before it explodes it only does 50 damage.
>>
File: 1468273783500.gif (3 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1468273783500.gif
3 MB, 320x240
>>345189392
>it's okay, just lose the fight and you'll have your ult for next time!
>>
>>345189284
>pros
Like who?
>>
>get hooked by road
>hope hes bad and won't shoot the moment the hook pulls in
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 73

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.