[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I started this game and it's really different from most
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: image.gif (21 KB, 185x161) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
21 KB, 185x161
So I started this game and it's really different from most (mainly the GBA ones). But so far I'm taking Mackily in Chapter 2 and Sigurd and Lex are the best. Finn is mediocre but he's getting there and Cuan is pretty good and Ethlyn kicks ass with that Light Sword. Story isn't too bad either.
>>
If you want to show people you can read Nip, just offer trivia for the Nip versions of games in threads, OP. Or just make a thread giving your impressions of a Japanese version of a game if there's a good amount of differences between it and localized versions. Just starting a thread with the Fire Emblem title in Japanese won't do much.
>>
>>345181909
It was the first pic on google. I just want to talk about this game
>>
>>345181909
You seem to be making assumptions based on your own insecurities. If you're jealous he knows japanese, why don't you go learn it? It's really easy.
>>
>>345182068

Well the way your thread was started is very similar to how first year Japanese students like to start threads sometimes whey they want to show off. No one who can't into 日本語 will even know what game you're talking about. I haven't played it, so I can't converse, but take this bump.
>>
>>345182229

I started learning Japanese three years ago. I was just trying to tell him how to start a thread if he wanted to show off, it's not like I didn't do it a bit three years ago.
>>
>>345182229
>>345181909
I don't know nip. I play the translated patch of FE4. Fun game.
>>
>>345182468

In that case, maybe start with an English image or state the name in the title, or else you'll just get people like me. In any case, I may need to try the series someday. I've heard it was pretty good until Awakening. Not sure what happened in Awakening to make it bad, but every series goes to shit eventually, so I'll take fan's word for it.
>>
>>345182690
Awakening was weeb bait and WAY too easy. Fates (Nohr/Revelations) had better gameplay but the story was still shit and it was still weeb bait. The older ones like 4 and especially 5 were a lot harder but the GBA/GC/Wii games weren't as hard as the older ones.
>>
>>345182690
People like to blame the dumbed down mechanics, but I think the real bad problem was the utterly atrocious map design and lack of any variety to objectives. The series has gone through a couple downgrades in gameplay before but managed to stay on one leg by keeping up standards in other places, but Awakening's shitty level design only made the dumbed down mechanics even worse looking. Especially when the higher difficulty levels just give enemies random shit to the point where Lunatic can make some early chapters flat out unwinnable.

There's also the "waifu" scapegoat since this game opened the floodgates of infinite support conversations which lead to quantity over quality for character dialogue, not helped by everyone being one note most of the time and the usual anime/VN cliches got turned up a notch or two. Fates is sadly not much better. Conquest improves gameplay so significantly well, but everything else fucking tanked in quality so hard that it barely feels worth putting up with.
>>
>>345182690
While that would be preferable, anyone who has played the game would be able to recognize the title screen so it isn't really detrimental to discussion.

>>345181587
Finn's pretty good, make sure he talks to Cuan when a conversation is available since Cuan will give him a good weapon.

The level design is impressive in scale and adds to the story, but in terms of gameplay I find FE4 to be subpar. There's a lot of empty space in the maps and most situations can be trivialized by having one overpowered character (Sigurd) tank an entire army's attacks.

Try not to get the story spoiled, it's pretty cool.

Also, are you using the recent translation patch? One just came out recently.

>>345183327
The mechanics are terrible since the skills and dual guard/attack stuff involves a ton of RNG, but yeah like you say the bigger problems are the atrocious balance and the awful maps. Put those things together, and the actual best strategy for playing the game is to field only two (or four if you get morgan) characters and pair them up so you only have 1-2 units to control.
>>
>>345181587
>ファイアーエムブレム
>Mackily and Sigurd and Lex

エイイ レムウウウ
>>
>>345181587
>Finn is mediocre

He is the best unit in the game. Also fuck you, stop playing.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.