[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've noticed something that I haven't seen anyone talk
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7
File: thisiswhatimean.png (157 KB, 467x403) Image search: [Google]
thisiswhatimean.png
157 KB, 467x403
I've noticed something that I haven't seen anyone talk about anywhere so I want to share my thoughts. (You guys probably won't give a shit at all)

With all the odd choices that Nintendo has been making I have been noticing a very odd trend with one of my favorite game series of all time: Animal Crossing, in particular AC:NL and Happy Home Designer.

It seems that since Aya Kyogoku got added to the Animal Crossing team the game has been becoming more aimed at SJW's and Girls. I'll list off a ton of the reasons. (Get your tin foil hats ready)

-The advertisement with New Leaf centered around girls. Girls either playing the game or just the two main character models they showed when the game came out since they had the boy character be a complete fucking ugly mess and the girl dressed up in decent clothing. Pic related.
-The girly design of the Animal Crossing 3ds
-The addition of Isabelle
-The game being casualized EVEN MORE (IE easy to get bells, weeds being pretty much gone, perfect towns being easier to achieve etc)
-The ability for boys to wear girl wigs and dresses
-Club LOL gives me those girls going out clubbing vibes. Also, they ruined K.K.

And as for Happy Home Designer that game is just completely girly.

Maybe i'm wrong but as a fan since Wild World it seems like the game is going to be completely marketed towards girls in the future.

You guys probably don't give a shit but I just see this trend and no one else does. Maybe i'm wrong to, please let me know. I hope I am.
>>
>>345179373
They probably saw the potential for animal crossing to resonate well with girls. It is about dressup and home decor and shit, not something you'd typically associate with boy interests. I just don't think AC was this way before because boys played video games way more than girls. It's probably a lot different now.
>>
Well, you're not wrong. Most people just don't care. Myself included.
And let's be honest, at the end of the day, if it still retains that same animal crossing feel, does it all really matter?
>>
>>345179373
I've only played NL, but you're probably right.

Not really SJW though since that's not really an 11 problem.
>>
>>345179373
OY VEY THE GAIJIN KNOW SHUT IT DOWN
>>
>>345180343
:^) gotcha senpaii
>>
>play a girly game
>bitch that it's being marketing to girls

Brilliant.
>>
>>345179373
it's not an odd, abnormal thing. lots of girls play animal crossing, it really appeals to girls in the first place. i think it's normal on their part to advertise toward them and maybe shift the game toward them a little bit.
i haven't played NL, how'd they ruin KK?
>>
>>345179373
this series has always appealed to women, you are just overly paranoid now.
>>
>>345181519
I know you're right, also it's not even a terrible thing. I'm just hoping they don't completely exclude guys in the coming games.
>>
>>345179373
Animal Crossing is pretty casual. So turning it into something that always compliments you and a character who pretty much worships the ground you walk on sort of makes sense.
>>
>>345181346
>i haven't played NL, how'd they ruin KK?
Not OP but he shows up on normal nights as a DJ in the club, which is dumb. But he still does his acoustic performances on Saturdays too, so, it doesn't make a difference.
>>
>>345179373
You know tons of girls were into AC before NL and HHD right?
>>
>>345182304
Eh, debatable. Before New Leaf barely anybody played Animal Crossing. New Leaf was what attracted the huge audience.
>>
>>345179373
>a cutesy childrens game series about living in a town of adorable animal people where nothing bad or edgy or violent happens and all you do is decorate and wear cute clothes and socialize and catch butterflies has feminine aspects
FUCKING SHOCKING TRUTH REVEALED, GOD DAMNED SJWS AND THEIR FUCKING ILLUMINATI TREACHERY, CORRUPTING NINTENDO AND RUINING MENS ABILITY TO PLAY ANIMAL CROSSING! I WON'T STAND FOR IT!
>>
File: 1468085320936.jpg (27 KB, 497x359) Image search: [Google]
1468085320936.jpg
27 KB, 497x359
>>345179373
>OP realises he's playing a game for girls
>>
>>345179373
>-The advertisement with New Leaf centered around girls.
Industries attempting to appeal to niche demographics is nothing new.
>they had the boy character be a complete fucking ugly mess and the girl dressed up in decent clothing.
Real-life males dress like that though, and most of them don't give a fuck
>-The girly design of the Animal Crossing 3ds
It's just bright colors. Animal Crossing is a brightly colored game.
>-The addition of Isabelle
Isabelle as I understand is the protagonist's secretary. Most real-life secretaries are female. If anything, this is anti-SJW, as Isabelle is a female in a typical gender role.
>-The game being casualized EVEN MORE
That's a problem that is ubiquitous to modern gaming, and hardly a sociopolitical issue.
>-The ability for boys to wear girl wigs and dresses
It's called freedom. Something that SJWs don't understand.
>-Club LOL gives me those girls going out clubbing vibes.
Males go clubbing too.
>they ruined K.K.
When a franchise has existed long enough, certain characters just won't feel the same

Even if it is 'girly,' that is exactly the opposite of what SJWs want. And even if they're intentionally aiming towards the female demographic, I still don't see a problem with that, because tons of females enjoy male-centric things all the time. A male can still enjoy girly things, just as how females can enjoy manly things.
>>
>>345182620
This post was literally about me battling my own sexuality. Who knew?
>>
File: newleaf-wildworld-sales[1].png (92 KB, 600x235) Image search: [Google]
newleaf-wildworld-sales[1].png
92 KB, 600x235
>>345182437
uh
>>
>>345182680
All true, I now realize I was wrong and am probably also retarded. Thank you anon.
>>
>>345179373
I recognise those 2

post the comic
>>
File: fuk.gif (3 MB, 658x800) Image search: [Google]
fuk.gif
3 MB, 658x800
>>345182735
Woah what the fuck!? Jesus why did I make this thread lmfao...
>>
File: Style_Savvy_Trendsetters.jpg (34 KB, 250x222) Image search: [Google]
Style_Savvy_Trendsetters.jpg
34 KB, 250x222
>>345182620
Are you implying that games for girls are not good?
>>
>>345184472
so glad they're making a new game
>>
>>345179373
There is nothing wrong with the no wilting flowers.
>>
Did someone say 3dsxl?

>http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-3DS-XL-Red-Black-FACTORY-REFURBISHED-BY-NINTENDO-/222187694264?hash=item33bb6b28b8%3Ag%3AEicAAOSwZVlXiQOI
>>
>>345185727
Whoops.
Wrong fuckin' thread.
>>
I wouldn't call either particularly girly, but yes they are aiming to Japanese women more intentionally because AC was already the most popular Nintendo franchise among them, with Awakening-onwards Fire Emblem in second place

My issue with AC is they've done nothing to expand the angle of it being a life sim with a living and breathing world and instead give you more and more customization which just leads to it feeling sterile from the prior point of view
>>
>>345179895
It fails on that because the dialogue is dogshit. First time I've ever avoided talking to villagers for most of the game.
>>
>>345179373
That boy is cute, fuck you.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1468519296707.jpg (46 KB, 410x810) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1468519296707.jpg
46 KB, 410x810
>fb
Yeah, I know
>>
File: 1455734774433.png (106 KB, 350x425) Image search: [Google]
1455734774433.png
106 KB, 350x425
>>345189716
>bumping a dead thread for a shitty image full of artifacts
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.