[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I know its because im a casual shitter but how the fuck do you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: oblivion-gameplay-1.jpg (231 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
oblivion-gameplay-1.jpg
231 KB, 1280x960
I know its because im a casual shitter but how the fuck do you play this? my character is weak and I died in the oblivion portal in Kvatch because I made a shitty class with non combat related attributes

really comfy game otherwise, way more customization and thought than skyrim
>>
>i made retarded mistakes disregarding common sense
>why hurrdurr so difficult

Please kill yourself
>>
>>345179027
very rude :^(

I started a new character when I realized it, but I still feel weak compared to the fucking goblin looking things in the portal
>>
Shield and one handed + heavy armor knight play through is easiest combat wise
>>
>>345178863
>how the fuck do you play this?
> because I made a shitty class with non combat related attributes

What do you think?
>>
I'm going to assume you're playing without mods.

Don't pick any major skills that you will be leveling quickly because it throws the whole fucking world out of order. Shit like crafting skills will skyrocket the world level and you'll be fighting glass tier bandits with your shit ass weapons.

Don't follow the main quest until you get comfier. Oblivion gates are annoying as fuck and you're better off exploring the world.
>>
>do thieves guild quest
>don't equip spring heel jack's shoes
>take the fall dmg
>you now have a pair of invincible +40 acrobatics shoes
>proceed to break the game as you never need to fight in a Oblivon portal again
>not stripping naked except for the shoes and speed running oblivion portals in minutes
>>
>>345178863
you can't play oblivion without dumping everything into combat. level scaling makes it a non-viable way of playing
>>
>>345178863
>> because I made a shitty class with non combat related attributes
Thats actually the right thing to do. When you lvl up your main lvl the game gets harder, up to around lvl 25
>>
Oblivion is one of the those games, where if you play your character wrong and don't level it properly, you will eventually fuck yourself beyond all repair and hit a wall.
>>
>>345178863
Don't level up until you train a fairly good amount. In fact, I usually stop leveling up at 14 all together. It definitely doesn't work like skyrim "just hold down attack to win," but it shouldn't be too difficult if you don't fuck yourself over
>>
>>345178863
Get in the mages guild
Get to the point where you can enchant gear
Make a 100% charmeleon set
enjoy being a spooky ghost man
>>
>>345178863
By using a mod replace the vanilla leveling system, since for some reason beth thought it would be a good idea to punish players for leveling up their major skills.
>http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/13879/

Or, if you just want a quick fix and don't want to bother with mods then just tone down the difficulty slider. I usually try not to change the difficulty level in games myself, but if there has ever been an exception to that rule it's definitely oblivion with its god awful level scaling
>>
>>345179669
>>345179027
dont pretend like oblivion's stats matter at all
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.