[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>everyone creaming themselves over the mini NES and its thirty,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (72 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72 KB, 500x500
>everyone creaming themselves over the mini NES and its thirty, (30), games
Guess everyone's forgotten about this
>>
It's okay when Nintendo does it.
>>
File: 1409589815050.png (2 KB, 293x35) Image search: [Google]
1409589815050.png
2 KB, 293x35
>>
>>345178572
Nintendo mods, nintendo marketers, nintendrones, welcome to /v/
>>
>>345178572
Judging by amazon reviews, it's apparently not that great. Not to say the nes mini will be better.
>>
File: 1464253072766.png (139 KB, 1249x618) Image search: [Google]
1464253072766.png
139 KB, 1249x618
>>345178572
ATgames give it that shitty audio quality that is even worse then the Sega Genesis. I bought it for my brother for $40. I never felt more ripped off in my entire life.

Pick PS3/Steam version of the Mega Drive Collection. Never get the plug in and play ones.
>>
knockoff polynesian companies have been putting loaded emulators in hard shells since like fucking 2005
>>
>>345178572
>30 great games
>80 shit games
you decide
>>
>>345178572
>2 controllers
>80 built in games
>compatible with regular carts
God damn, this is the Sega we need to see more often
>>
>>345179217
"This is bat country. WE CAN'T STOP HERE"
>>
according to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUw7G5K2-Hg and other videos, it sucks balls
>>
Sega should honestly counter with the same technology, wireless controllers and as much of their library as they can legally produce with an HD cord and USB. They'd be foolish not to. Come out with Contra Hard Corps again.

Timing is everything.
>>
Sega pretty much licensed the Genesis and Gamegear hardware out the second Dreamcast was released.
>>
>>345179187
I bought one. It was okay, I'd say only about 10 games were worth playing though, since the 80 games thing is a joke, 40 of them are just puzzle games put in for filler reasons.
The fact that you can use regular cartridges on it is pretty cool though. For the 30 bucks I spent on it, I'd say it was well worth it. Would've cost me more to get the system and the 10 games alone
>>
>>345178572
are you guys pretending to be retarded or do you not know that this thing in OP is a piece of fucking trash? my brother owned this turd of a plugnplay. it was murky, stretched, and the audio was offkey. the controllers barely registered inputs.

it sucked balls.
>>
>>345178572
Raspberry Pi 3 and fuck all these shit would be retro consoles.
>>
File: 1468603372327.png (373 KB, 704x528) Image search: [Google]
1468603372327.png
373 KB, 704x528
>that shitty audio quality
stop.

>tfw all the novelty portable genesis clones have shit audio too
>>
>>345178572
Those are shit
>>
>>345178572
Sega does what Nintendon't
>>
>>345179587
>are you guys pretending to be retarded or do you not know that this thing in OP is a piece of fucking trash?

its not about if its actually good or not. its about how this shit has been done before and some nintendofaggots as well as normies think nintendo is the first to ever create something like it.
>>
>>345178572
The problem with this shit is it was done by a shitty third party, hopefully Nintendo is the one actually producing the minis.
>>
>>345178572
I remember, and they're shit.

They're shoddy hardware, so they provide really poor sound and graphics. They also lack proper hardware for certain graphical effects, so games that relied on them outright can't play.

Also, some of these things can't save games.
>>
>>345179946
nobody thinks that you paranoid faggotron. get off /v/ and get some fresh air.
>>
>baaaaw b-but it sucked. T-the audio!!!
Fucking nintoddlers, grow up. Was it great? No. But for the 40 dollars it costs, it was pretty much worth it. You'd spend way more trying to grab the games and the console yourself. The mini NES will be a joke, it'll probably play out the same way the Mini Genesis did, but people will of course defend it way more, even though it limits the games
>>
>>345178572
welcome to nintengaf
>>
Will you guys shut the fuck up about the quality? The important thing is that this was done already except more expansive. We don't know how the MNES will handle but nonetheless it will offer much less than the OP
>>
>>345179995
>pretty much
*unzips katana*
*does flourish*
You're hesitating, anon. Why don't you tell us what you really think? And don't waste my time... ehehehe...
>>
>>345179990
>nobody thinks that you paranoid faggotron

i bet this is your first thread about the mini nes then.
and i bet you didnt see the shit on social media either when it was announced.
>>
>>345179995
>you'd spend way more money trying to grab the games and the console yourself
>it was pretty much worth it

You know a Genesis isn't very expensive, right? You could probably find a good secondhand bundle for under or around the price of that thing, with some games included at that.

Hell, I found a Model 2 at Goodwill for 5 bucks once.
>>
>>345180162
>Will you guys shut the fuck up about the quality? The important thing is that I can go to Burger King and get four boxes of Mac and Cheetos for the price of a meal at a restaurant which offers much less cheese
>>
>>345180260
Oh no, not social media!
Not other sites that have nothing to do with /v/!

However will I go on knowing some fucking idiot on Facebook wants to buy a Nintendo!

Get a fucking grip.
>>
>>345179995
Just how fucking hard would it be for them to just do what the homebrew scene does and load all the SNES/NES/64 games up to a SD and fucking sell that.

Hell emulation on the wii is fucking crisp as shit. Why couldn't they just re-market the wii as an emulation machine instead?
>>
>>345180260
plugnplays are old as fuck, everyone knows what it is.

however 99% of plugnplays are licensed shovelware, bad rom emulations like OP, the NES mini is the first OFFICIAL plugnplay to most people yes, most likely
>>
>>345180404
It runs virtual console games, meaning it's either rebadged wii or 2ds hardware for a cheaper price
>>
>>345179995
How can you make a post saying it's good for the exact same reasons the Mini NES would be good and then somehow try to make it sound like that's bad for the mini NES

In fact, why make such a big deal about this one if it's the same thing as the ATgames genesis shitpile and make more threads literally crying about it then there are threads excited about it if it's so unimportant?
>>
This is being released (I think) to prevent younger people from emulating and doing homebrew to some extent. They recognize the problem, know that they can't stop it and are trying to convince a younger generation that theirs is the only option.

It will work to some extent. If those kids don't have older siblings or family members that are going to be like "eh fuck that, I can play this on a super high resolution and select filters, and I don't care."

I mean sure, you can play it at the highest quality by using a Sony security cam crt (not even kidding) but who gives a fuck?
>>
>>345180479
They have the tech if it's not wii based and takes the even cheaper option. Well it wouldn't actually surprise me given Nintendo is starting to cheap out, just look at how they cut cost by making half of the N3DS handhelds have a shitty screen, because they didn't wanna opt the money for all the production line.
>>
>>345178572
NES has actual good games on it.
Genesis only had Sonic.
>>
>>345180731
Or because it's a decent stocking stuffer to clear out old hardware and cashes in on the retro trend

>>345180885
Say that to my contra and ristar and thunder force and shinobi and dynamite heddy and Batman and Robin and road rash and Castlevania and not online, faggot
>>
>>345180885

It had really good Contra man. It had the best Aladdin and some other really unique games. I still profess that MK2 is much better on the Genesis.

I had both.
>>
>>345180885
>Phantasy Star series
>Shinobi series
>Golden Axe series
>Streets of Rage series
>Puyo series
>Comix Zone
>Castlevania Bloodlines
>Dynamite Headdy
>Contra Hard Corps
>Popful Mail
>Rocket Knight
>Strider
>Ecco
>Shining Force series
>>
>>345180885
good bait
>>
>>345181202
>not mentioning Vectorman
REEEEEE
>>
>>345181558
Whoa, thanks. What should I spend it on?
>>
>>345178572
I own one of these, it's nice cause my old Geneis is fucked, 80 games is a trick though, it's 40 Genesis games, most of which are shit and then 40 games that are shit like Chess and Tic Tac Toe or Solitaire.
>>
>>345178572
>everyone
>/v/ caring for this shit

Have you been paying attention to /v/ the past few days? Even slightly?
>>
File: Comparison2.jpg (55 KB, 595x318) Image search: [Google]
Comparison2.jpg
55 KB, 595x318
>>345178572
It had sound problems and compatibility issues with some games, and it only put out through composite. Still, it came with a shitton of games, it was moddable so you could fix most of those problems with some determination. Not to mention it's really cheap.

I have no doubt that the NES Mini will have high quality construction, and it also has HDMI out, which the Genesis / Mega Drive plug and plays certainly do not. What I'm skeptical of is the picture quality, though. NES games on Virtual Console look terrible, because Nintendo for some reason made them dark and blurry. You can get much better picture quality from an RGB modded NES going through a Frame Meister-- obviously that costs a lot more, but the results speak for themselves.

A modded NES outputs a superior image to a brand new Wii U console, which as native 1080p HDMI output. Absolutely unacceptable.
>>
>>345182441
I didn't know it was moddable. What can you do to it?
>>
>>345179980
>Certain graphical effects, so games that relied on them outright can't play.

Those being?
Sounds like that one thing, i think it was called "made up Nintendrone bullshit"
>>
>>345181202
>no McDonald's Treasure Land Adventure

shit was GOAT from treasure
>>
File: megamini.jpg (16 KB, 250x285) Image search: [Google]
megamini.jpg
16 KB, 250x285
>>345182579
Mostly just fixing problems it has, like the dodgy audio quality and maybe giving it better video output than composite. The previous Plug and Play Genesis / MD could also be modded for a cartridge slot, although the more recent version has a cart slot right out of the box.
>>
>>345182595
I know for sure Street Fighter II on the Genesis used a special chip for it's sound. But because a lot of these systems don't take specially designed chips into consideration, the game doesn't play.

Admittedly that's the only one I know of off the top of my head, but there are a few others. The Adventures of Batman and Robin is another, but I don't know the technical stuff about it.
>>
>>345180885
There are no good NES games. There's no reason to play any "games" that came out pre 4th gen.
>>
>>345183220
>this is what today's tots actually believe
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.