[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm thinking about getting a 3DS. Would it be better just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 8
I'm thinking about getting a 3DS.

Would it be better just to save some money and get the 2ds or just go all out and get the New 3ds?
>>
only if you want to use amiibos other wise the 2ds is fine.
>>
I really hope nintendo brings back coloured buttons for NX, it really makes there products pop
>>
>>345176541
n3ds
>larger screen
>cstick
>faster processor (only applies to certain games atm, no devs are taking advantage of the technology)
2ds (o3ds)
>easier to softmod (will probably come on a low firmware)
>comfier to hold, less hand cramping
>cheap
>upsets /v/ autists
>>
>>345176541
who needs money when you can hack your 3ds?

get the n3dsxl
>>
>>345176931
>upsets /v/ autists

sign me up!

On a more serious note, i'm not gonna use the C Stick ever and I don't really care about the larger screen so i'm leaning towards the 2ds.

Could you explain to me about modding/hacking the 2ds or whatever? I literally see threads about it all the time but I have no idea what the fuck it's all about.
>>
>>345176931
>>345177057
Fuck off pirate scum
You retards killed niche games
>>
>>345177071
You can softmod either the n3DS or o3ds like you would a Wii, which all pretty self explanatory. Some key differences are
>n3ds is capable of video streaming through NTR
>n3ds is capable of SNES emulation and other trial emulators (such as DS/n64/PS1)
While the o3DS isnt (due to a slower processor)

Also theres a program for both that let you install games directly from the eshop for free because Nintendo is retarded.

>>345177115
Nintendo killed niche games by nigger rigging their security, if they're not going to invest in the hardware atleast invest in the security of the software,
>>
>>345177115
>killed off niche games
>niche games are selling better now than ever

???
>>
>>345177565
>source
>my ass
>less and less 3ds games are getting localized ever since piracy started going rampant on 3ds
>>
>>345177662
>>>less and less 3ds games are getting localized ever since piracy started going rampant on 3ds

>source
>my ass
>>
>>345177792
It's called not being a biased piratefag like yourself
>>
>>345177857
But you're being biased towards paying for games

Did you niggers not have persuasive speech in highschool/uni? Logical fallacies faggots, logical fallacies.
>>
>>345178448
As if you've ever even been in high school you disgusting poorfag
>>
>>345176714
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ms5d9RN0WzY&t=10
>>
>>345178587
Dont talk shit until you can make a mean grass hut
>>
>>345176541
>2ds
>or n3ds
Why not the 3DS XL?
>>
>>345179059
it has no redeeming qualities, it's not comfy to hold and it's not new
>>
>>345179189
>It's not comfy
I've used every variant of the 3DS out there, I buy 3DSes used from people, hack them and flip them, so I've used all four models for extended periods of time. The XL models are both comfy, the 3DS still is but a bit less so, and the 2DS is absolute dogshit with no redeeming qualities. You really do get what you pay for with it, it lacks so much, and the build quality is awful.
>>
>>345179358
Why? What is so terrible about it? Isn't the point of the 2ds to be cheap? And what is it lacking lmfao, the shitty c stick and 3d?
>>
>>345179358
Amazon retrailer pls go, quit being upset the 2DS and N3DS are outselling the device noone needs.
>>
>>345176541
Don't get a 2DS unless you're doing homebrew, the thing itself is a piece of shit with it's mushy face buttons and shoulder buttons that feel like they're gonna break at any moment.
>>
>>345178587
>being told
>P-POORFAG!!! GO TO HIGH S-SCHOOL!1!

kek
>>
>>345179480
The 3DS XL doesnt have a cstick and 3D on the 3DS/XL is utter garbage due the to the processor, any game that utilizes the 3D will inevitable suffer from framerate drops.

You get the n3DS XL for performance and superiority, you the get the 2DS to save and comfy holding. The 3DS XL is beyond obsolete.
>>
>>345179627
Spotted the underage poorfag
>>
>>345179526
>>345179358
>break
>cheap
It's literally the same plastic used on all the other o3ds, why are you lying on the internet
>>
>>345179643
Yea but as another anon said most devs aren't even utilizing the n3ds for it's performance. So what is the point of it?
>>
>>345179518
>Amazon retailer
wut, and what part of my post made you think I was upset? Just saying, as I've used all four extensively in reselling them hacked, and the XLs are really damn comfy. If people prefer shoddy build quality to save money then they can feel free to choose that, but it's worth the investment to step up to a quality model since the games are free anyway.

>>345179480
Yeah, the point of the 2DS is to be cheap, so it cuts out one of the speakers, the wifi slider so it's done through the menu now (not a big deal,) loses the bigger battery and screen size of the XL models, and the build quality itself is pretty bad. Specifically, the d-pad and buttons are about as mushy as the Xbox 360's dpad, which is pretty bad considering how much more the buttons will be in use. The dpad isn't so much a big deal considering the circle pad is there. They also drop the clamshell design which makes it easier to break if it drops, which isn't that big a deal as long as you're not retarded handling it, but it also makes it inconvenient to carry around if you're not bringing some kind of bag with you.

>>345179717
>Same plastic
I honestly don't know if that's true or not, but it wasn't a factor in my argument in the slighest anon, you can use the same materials and still make something feel awful and cheap to hold. The cheese wedge design, the mushy shoulder buttons and face buttons/dpad, it all feels budget. My problem with the 2DS personally, isn't that it's cheap or drops stuff from other better models, but that you can feel how cheap it is, phones are a great example of how to be cheap without feeling bad to hold or use.
>>
>>345179810
Desume, SNES emulation, streaming, consistent 3D, Monster Hunter at a higher framerate, a butchered Xenoblade (why would anyone want tthis) and the cstick I guess
>>
>>345179968
>but that you can feel how cheap it is
Okay I'll let you have this one.
>>
Can I get a white n3ds yet?

I don't want anything other than white

Watching an IGN review they're using white but on amazon I don't see it

wtf
>>
>>345179810
Unless you reaaaally want to save money or you're buying second hand, nobody should get an o3ds.
>>
>>345179717
Have you even played the actual 3DS? Those face and shoulder buttons are miles better than the 2DS.
>>
>>345180228
I havent played a videogame in six years
>>
>>345180214
I am not interested in the o3ds at all. I'm interested in the 2ds, is that worth it?

Fuck all these names man. Is the o3ds the same as the 2ds? Wtf.
>>
>>345180565
i'll give you a bump in hopes you can answer my qeustion
>>345180157
>>
>>345180565
When people say o3ds it also refers to 2ds/XL
>>
>>345180157
What region are you? If US, they bundle it with Animal Crossing.
>>
>>345180157
I don't think so. Seems like it's only in Asia at the moment.
>>
File: 1343117004836.jpg (103 KB, 333x500) Image search: [Google]
1343117004836.jpg
103 KB, 333x500
>old 3DS broke
>upgraded to N3DS
>game card slot, stylus, and fucking power button all on the bottom
>the fucking power button
>gonna be accidentally ejecting games or turning 3DS off constantly while doing errands or working
>have to unscrew back plate to switch SD cards
>doesn't take regular, only microSD
>have to buy new one even though my current works perfectly

I know the performance is gonna be way better than my old one but I'm honestly wondering if this is going to be worth it.
>>
>>345181076
I did not know this, how unpleasant
>>
>>345176541
2DS is fine if you don't care about amiibos or the 3D gimmick.

Dirt cheap as well, which is nice
>>
File: original(2).png (122 KB, 970x540) Image search: [Google]
original(2).png
122 KB, 970x540
This was fun times.
>>
>>345176931
>faster processor (only applies to certain games atm, no devs are taking advantage of the technology)
if you homebrew you can utilize the extra horsepower for o3ds games
>>
how do new 3ds xl games look on the ds?
>>
File: whywouldyoudothat.jpg (52 KB, 600x621) Image search: [Google]
whywouldyoudothat.jpg
52 KB, 600x621
>>345181076
>gonna be accidentally ejecting games or turning 3DS off constantly while doing errands or working
Happens very rarely, if at all. Also
>Keeping your 3DS in your pocket while working
pic

So get a bigger memory card and never worry about it again. Not like you're gonna constantly change them very often.

This is a bad thing, how?

>have to buy new one even though my current works perfectly
Not like you have to pay out the ass for an SD card.

If there's anything to bitch at it, it's that there aren't enough games to actually utilize it other than Xenoblade, BoI, and SNES games last one is very debatable.
>>
>>345182114
They don't?
>>
>>345182114
>>345182170
fuck i meant it the other way around
>>
>>345182139
Do you know if there are going to be a lot more games that are utilizing the power of the n3ds? Also, what if I don't give a shit about Xenoblade and BoI? Or even the SNES games.
>>
>>345181076
Are you not in favor of microSD? That's like the complete opposite of what everyone wants.
>>
File: 1346476213972.gif (496 KB, 500x284) Image search: [Google]
1346476213972.gif
496 KB, 500x284
>>345182139
>Happens very rarely, if at all. Also

Happened to me every once in a while with my original 3DS. Not enough to be a major problem but sometimes if I had to play and leave somewhere and when I get back home and see the card slightly out of the slot? Bad times.

>pic
Why not? My job isn't particularly strenuous but still active and surrounded by people. Streetpasses for days.

>So get a bigger memory card and never worry about it again. Not like you're gonna constantly change them very often.

Obviously not but it seems a bit ridiculous that before all I had to do was open a tiny slot and now I gotta break out a tool to do it. Maybe they're trying to prevent kids accidentally screwing up their save data? But hell, you would get a kid that dumb a 2DS anyway.

>This is a bad thing, how?
>Not like you have to pay out the ass for an SD card.

It's the principal of the matter. Yeah, about 10 bucks or so isn't much but I already paid good money for this system and now I have to pay more because the newest iteration decided to not use a specific card the previous iterations already did?
>>
File: 2mnqjip.png (109 KB, 195x335) Image search: [Google]
2mnqjip.png
109 KB, 195x335
I've owned both, and personally I prefer the N3DS. The 2DS is still really nice though, but it feels cheap. It never chipped or cracked or anything, but it feels like I'm holding a cheap toy instead of a handheld. But it's comfortable to hold, or at least more so than the N3DS.

The N3DS is a bit more expensive, but you get Amiibo compatibility and 3D. There are also a few exclusive games to the N3DS, like Kid Icarus and Xenoblade. Hyrule Warriors isn't technically exclusive, but it runs like shit on anything other than a N3DS.

I say save up and get the N3DS, UT it's still easy to see why someone would prefer the 2DS.
>>
>>345176541
Well I don't really play vidya a lot when I go out but I'd imagine I wouldn't really enjoy not having the ability to fold the screen.
>>
>>345177519
>Also theres a program for both that let you install games directly from the eshop for free because Nintendo is retarded.

Really didn't know about that. Do you know the Name or anything else?
>>
>people argue in favor of the only DS model that can't close

The 2DS is such a piece of shit jesus christ
>>
>>345182347
Nope, some newer games run somewhat better on it, but that's about it.

>Also, what if I don't give a shit about Xenoblade and BoI? Or even the SNES games.
Then you don't give a shit about them. Go with whatever 3DS you want

>>345182645
Do you put other stuff in that pocket?
>My job isn't particularly strenuous but still active and surrounded by people.
Niggers.

>3rd point
Yeah, I don't get why the hell they did that.

>4th point
Just like how the charger doesn't come with it either. Ninty's illogical.
>>
>>345183463

The charger doesn't come with it because they assume people had an Old 3DS

To be fair most people probably did so why give them a 2nd charger
>>
>>345183463
Nope, one pocket is exclusively 3DS, I don't have to carry much. I guess I just move too much.

>Niggers
All sorts of nationalities, actually.
>>
>>345183717
Multiplayer for siblings?
>>
Fuck it, i'll just go with the n3ds XL. I might not play it that much and the price of the 2ds appeals to me but I really don't want to have to beat myself up down the line if there is a game exclusive to the n3ds that I wouldn't be able to play.

Thank you guys for the assistance. Plus i'm only 18 with no license or car because i'm a stupid fuck and 200 is like a pay check to me so whatever. I hate my life and am addicted to video games and I spend money to give myself momentary happiness!
>>
File: 1429740064706.gif (1 MB, 276x260) Image search: [Google]
1429740064706.gif
1 MB, 276x260
>>345184207

>plus I'm only 18
>>
>>345181617
"IM A WORTHLESS FAGGOT WHO IS LITERALLY FUCKING USELESS AND CANT UNSCREW A COUPLE FUCKING SCREWS"
>>
Did someone say 3dsxl?
Thank me later.

>http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-3DS-XL-Red-Black-FACTORY-REFURBISHED-BY-NINTENDO-/222187694264?hash=item33bb6b28b8%3Ag%3AEicAAOSwZVlXiQOI
>>
>>345177115
>You retards killed niche games
They are called niche games for a reason. Besides, digital retailing allows niche games to exist at this point. You honestly think Senran would have done well without it being a digital release?
>>
File: Patrick brain fried.gif (478 KB, 500x348) Image search: [Google]
Patrick brain fried.gif
478 KB, 500x348
>>345186123

>digital retailing
>>
>>345186329
Get back to school if you think anything is wrong with what you're green texting
>>
When is nintendo releasing a new handheld? Im scared to buy a 3ds since its and 'dated' console
>>
n3ds small
i have had a 3ds and n3dsxl. the pixel density is so much better on 3ds and its overall more comfortable to carry around and play but the cstick and 3d and better performance make having a n3ds important
>>
>>345189438
Sadly, If you want a New3ds small you would have to buy it used or buy one of those bundlesIf you live in Murrickha!.
I still don't understand why they didn't release the normal version in NA.
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.