[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the best games for the DS? These are all the ones I have.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: file.png (66 KB, 620x987) Image search: [Google]
file.png
66 KB, 620x987
What are the best games for the DS?

These are all the ones I have.
>>
>>345172248
>advance wars days of ruin
>no advance wars dual strike

ANON ARE YOU FUCKING RETARDED

i'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt. go get advance wars dual strike right this fucking minute.

>custom robo arena - 9/10
epic game where you battle with customizable robots. it's really fucking good, admittedly a bit short, but IIRC i've played throguh the story like 3 times and had fun every time.
>phantasy star 0 - 8.25/10
it's like... a full 3D mmo rpg on DS? with decent story and shit. it's a bit dated now, since, y'know, fucking DS graphics, but it's still fun
>magical starsign - 8.5/10
good jrpg with good graphics
kirby squeak squad - 8.5/10
fun

it's been a long while since i played DS desu. good times though.

do you know if conquest is any good? never played, personally.
>>
>>345172248
Your pokemon selection is a bit odd - B/W 1&2 and Explorers of Sky are better than Platinum and HeartGold.

If you enjoy Hotel Dusk, try the EU/JP exclusive Last Window (haven't played, so I'm not sure how well it holds up)

FF4 is better than FF3, also pick up 4 Heroes of Light and possibly FFTA2 if you prefer gameplay to story.

Ace Attorney Investigations 2 (fan translation) is probably the best in the series after the original trilogy.

No Dragon Quest games?

Finally, get Picross 3D.
>>
>>345176373
>platinum
>bad
nigga. . . . . .
>>
>>345176654
Yeah, I regretted not putting an (IMO) there as soon as I hit post. I enjoyed what I played of the 4th-gen games, but they just didn't hit the right notes for me like gens 3 and 5 did.
>>
>emulating handheld
>emulating handheld on your PC
>emulating handheld with two screens (one of which is a touch screen) on your PC
>>
>>345172248
Brave Story
Infinite Space
Phantasy Star 0
Ni no Kuni
>>
File: Dragon-Quest-Rocket-Slime.jpg (647 KB, 1563x1143) Image search: [Google]
Dragon-Quest-Rocket-Slime.jpg
647 KB, 1563x1143
>>345172248
rocket slime
final fantasy tactics advance 2
id recommend valkyrie profile 3 but i think i'm the only person that liked that game
>>
>>345172248
Don't listen to that guy, Advance Wars DoR >>>> DS

You have a lot of complete garbage game right now, e.g. mario and luigi partners in time is a total abomination. If you want a standard JRPG you could play dragon quest 5.
Try Big Bang Mini and Space Invaders Extreme. Get Trauma Center. Tales of Innocence is okay if you like the series. Front Mission is a solid port of a snes game. Fire Emblem 11/12 are some of the weaker entries but they're still OK. I've heard good things about Infinite Space but I haven't played it.
>>
>>345178220
>advance wars DoR > DS
are you retarded, what. 100% of advancefags will disagree with you

DoR had better graphics and the turns moved a bit faster, sure, but other than that
>COs changed from being fun and unique to repeatable "+2 range" and shit
>COs limited to only affecting units around them, making their usefulness scale with the size of the map
>there are literally no modes except singleplayer and battle, no survival / combat / etc, no advancement
>story mode is cringe and there's no hard mode
>in general way less content
>way fewer COs
>"muh serious" art style instead of AWDS' cartoony graphics, except they didn't bother spriting non-large graphics so you either have to have everything too big or it looks like it was shrunk down in MS paint

it was LITERALLY edgy advance wars with half the content or less

it's not BAD, but it was definitely a significant drop from AWDS. IMO get both but prioritize DS
>>
>>345177769
I mean

you can just use a mouse for the bottom screen
>>
>>345178826
DoR > 1 > 2 > DS
It's funny that you say CO's are less unique in DoR since it's the AW game where your CO has the largest impact on your army composition and your entire style of play. The singleplayer is easy (but so is DS) and the writing is bad, but the PvP play more than makes up for it (especially when nintendo wifi was still up).
>>
>>345179450
>less unique
>every CO is more or less plus attack power, that or underpowered
>every CO power is either increased move range or increased fire range, or both
>>
>>345177769
He could have a flash cart. That's what I do.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.