[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you like the Loot Box system, or do you wish it was different?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 212
Thread images: 27
Do you like the Loot Box system, or do you wish it was different?
>>
Only issue I have is that you can't sell the stuff you get unless it's a duplicate.
>>
It's okay I guess. I'm starting to think that whether I level up on a win or lose effects what kind of shit I get. It seems that I get good shit if I level up on a win or nothing if I level up on a loss.
>>
Could be better, could be worse.

It starts out awful but once you have enough stuff to get a decent rate of duplicates, you get a reasonable cash flow to buy whatever you actually want.
>>
>>345166858
wish i could sell things i don't want
>>
File: 111.png (36 KB, 240x249) Image search: [Google]
111.png
36 KB, 240x249
>>345167125
>join game
>10 second later: Defeat!
>Torb potg
>loot box acquired
>legendary skin
>>
I don't like how you get like half credit or less for duplicates. It shouldn't have that retarded system in play.
>>
>>345166858
Wish I could sell items I don't care to own instead of only dupes.
>>
Played a bit earlier today and opened a box. Got 2 sprays I'll never use, a voice line I'll never use and a player icon I'll never use.

Garbage like this is why I'll never buy boxes. If I bought 10 boxes I bet 9/10 would have nothing but junk in them and the 10th would have a dupe of some crap skin I don't use.
>>
>>345167345
Money sink to entice you to buy more

TF2 did the same thing in crafting, most of the time the item you made were worth less then its components.
>>
It's fraudulent and preys on gamers who might not realize they have gambling addictions.

Every game that has a loot crate system should display a disclaimer every time you enter the purchase menu.
>>
File: ChLMhA7W0AAIrtc.jpg (30 KB, 599x456) Image search: [Google]
ChLMhA7W0AAIrtc.jpg
30 KB, 599x456
>>345166858
Its fucking insulting.

>no steady earning of coins for matches played
>duplicates so you will probably never unlock everything
>only a 1/5 amount of coins earned per duplicate
>all the worthless shit like voice lines and sprays added to pad out time in between skins
>most things worth having are wildly overpriced
>no way to trade in dupes or items you dont want

Im actually kind of amazed at how blatantly Blizzard designed the system to incentivize microtransactions, the whole game was clearly built around trying to kike people out of their money. If they had any respect for their players, theyd do it the way CoD did: skins and cosmetics earned through challenges. But nope, theyd rather wring pennies.
>>
>>345166858
I don't like getting duplicate player icons, because you can't purchase them with the coins. Besides that it's okay.
>>
I hate the most stuff for your character are fucking useless
>Voice lines
>Emotes
>Player Icons
>Sprays
You end up getting 2 voice lines, a blue skin and a spray that you already have
Not to mention that you get far too little for duplicates
>>
>>345167543
This.

I could understand if you could buy the legendary skins for a dollar a piece or something, but buying the loot boxes is just paying to take a shot in the dark. It's ridiculous.
>>
I would like if I could trade legendary skins I don't like for loot boxes
>>
>>345166858
Dont mind it. Its all cosmetics and I can buy specific things with credits, which I have. By level 100, which you will get to easily if you actually give enough of a shit about the game to even CONSIDER buying loot boxes, you will have 5 legendary skins, and enough credits to buy 3 more of your choice, AT LEAST.

I literally can't understand how people get so butt blasted over cosmetics you can earn in game if you want. Its the least fucked up kind of DLC out there.
>>
>>345166858
No one has any creative alternatives so I guess it's ok.
>>
three whites one blue
>>
>>345166858
I might care if there weren't LITERALLY 2 skins worth having in the game, both of which are blue so they're easy to buy
>>
>>345166858
Only problem is that lego dupes net you 250 rather than 500. Other than that I have no qualms with it. Really didn't take me very long to save up for the few skins I did want.
>>
>>345166858
It's fine. I really don't understand why people even hate it. I was able to get some of the ones I liked, and then just bought the others with the coins I had. I still even have like 4k left over.
>>
>>345168726
I am reffering to skins, btw.
>>
Why even bother? None of the skins are unique, none of them are individualized, there's not even a CHANCE of you getting something special, it's a fucking stupid system.

As much as the hat system sucks in TF2, it's better than Blizzard's bullshit.
>>
File: 1458259571805.jpg (117 KB, 531x788) Image search: [Google]
1458259571805.jpg
117 KB, 531x788
>>345168615
>>
I wish there was an actual pity timer
>>
I've been pretty lucky with loot boxes. I have like 20 legendary skins.
>>
>>345168450
>I literally can't understand how people get so butt blasted over cosmetics you can earn in game if you want.
Because a lot of people like cosmetic customization in vidya and the loot box system was designed to prey on them. I mean come on, even the in-game currency is random? Even modern CoD hasnt sunk that low yet.
>>
>>345166858
If you could sell skins and the like for a decent amount of coins then it would be perfect
>>
>>345166858
Freemium moneygrubbing garbage that has no place in a fully priced game

$40 alone is already absurd for a watered down 6v6 TF2 clone infused with MOBA mechanics a decade later
>>
I think it's a good compromise versus a lot of other models. If the goal is to monetize so content updates can be free, I think this model is on the more fair side. They'd obviously wouldn't make as much money if you could just directly buy the skins you want and that's something I can accept because it's just a cosmetic.
>>
File: bird cockatiel angry.jpg (51 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
bird cockatiel angry.jpg
51 KB, 900x600
>>345168115
>locking voice clips behind loot crates
>one of the things that helps keep your game different
are you telling me thats what they did
I don't play the game but the quantity and to a lesser degree the quality of the writing for the voice clips i've feels weak and they would get old fast and they fucking lock more of them behind the shitty crates
Unacceptable
>>
It's a bullshit system that is the way it is because they won't regularly be adding enough content to utilize a different system.

If you were earning a steady amount of coin, then you'd be able to get what you want quickly. And once that happens you begin to wonder "Well what am I working towards now?" Which is the beginning of a game getting stale.
>>
>hundreds of potential items and I'm getting duplicates

FUCKING STUPID
>>
>>345168903
There is, but most likely you'll get Zarya's cybergoth legendary.
>>
>>345169149

>Can only equip ONE voice line on top of it

BOOOOOOORIIIIIIIIING. All this fucking does is beat it into the ground faster.
>>
>>345169212
You know, I hear there are a select few people who actually enjoy playing the game and don't need an end game to work towards.
>>
>>345168965
No. CoD just charges literally hundreds of dollars for actually game important DLC that actually directly effects your experience while releasing new games so often that its all pointless anyway.
>>
>Getting potg gets nothing
>Upvoting gets nothing
>Carry game by yourself and win: Barely any XP
>Join at last second and lose: 4k XP
>Always shit sprays and icons Always
>Duplicate sprays worth 5 gold
>Finally get legendary
>Zarya skin
>0 hours playing her

It's dogshit.
>>
>>345167345
It's actually one fifth, you only get 20% worth. One half would be a nice balance for allowing people to get they stuff they want at a decent pace, in my opinion.
>>
>>345169441
>>>Carry game by yourself and win: Barely any XP
>>Join at last second and lose: 4k XP
negative
>>
File: 1 ICE CUBE.jpg (13 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1 ICE CUBE.jpg
13 KB, 480x360
>>345169391
THEY WHAT
does every single voice line "trigger" only have the capacity to play one clip at a time
>>
It's a good system. The only people who should have any problem with it are those who have played less than two weeks. After two weeks of play you should be able to have legendaries (through unboxing and coins) for your top three, plus some other stuff.
>>
>>345169595

Uh huh, the voice lines you unlock can be equipped for the "voice line" part of the speech wheel.

It would make TOO much sense to have them all available and randomized.
>>
>Loot Box system with duplicates
>Theres no market to sell duplicates
>You always get the same 1/4th or lower price for the duplicate

Blizzard is fucking retarded if they thought it'd be a fair system, but they knew it wasnt, they knew people would still buy more loot boxes if they dont get what they want.
>>
>>345169406

Okay, yes I consider myself one of those people, but there are people that are goal oriented.

But even more so, a lot of people I know, who game specifically, require gratification of some kind. Otherwise they get bored. So you have to tease them along with the "oh but the NEXT loot box might be filled with all those skins you want!"
>>
I'm like level 140 and have at least 1 legendary, a win pose, and potg intro for every character I play frequently (like half the cast) with almost 3k coins in the bank
people complaining about are probably not even half my level, and 140 isn't even high anymore at all
>>
The only thing I can really complain about is the amount you get for duplicates because it's ridiculous compared to what things are actually worth.
>>
>People shit on CoD all the time
>If they paid any attention to the last two games, everyone would have known that the loot box system is absolute garbage

I expected it to be trash the moment I heard about, and had my expectations met. The only way they could be worse is if you had a cap of how many you could open a week, or had 'premium' boxes that you needed keys to open.
>>
>>345169413
Fair enough. We'll call it "Classic CoD style" then. (Last one I played was Black Ops 1.)

Anyway, those games gave you great long term goals with headshot challenges. People who took the time to aim for the head were rewarded with gun skins, and people who did other challenges got titles and emblems. Overwatch should have done that. Get X amount of eliminations/heals/Ults/POTGs with character Y to earn skin Z.They had no reason not to, other than to make the game around a randomized carrot-on-a-stick clusterfuck designed to squeeze some cash out of impatient retards.
>>
>>345168115
>incentivize microtransactions, the whole game was clearly built around trying to kike people out of their money
But there is literally 0 reason to have anything in those boxes. They're fun extras for playing. I can't imagine why anyone would ever purchase a loot box unless they felt really compelled to "tip" a major company.
>>
I think is "good"

I am level 128 and have like 10 legendaries
>>
>After 30 something levels of grey,grey,blue,grey FINALLY a gold shows up
>It's fire FUCKING fighter mei

This thing is fucking disgusting, and I can't even "sell" it, I'm fucking stupid with it

RRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>345169753
115 here and I'm the same except for the 3k gold in the bank. I spend it all.
>>
>>345168115
Bruh, cod this year is literally doing both, with a few /guns/ in those crates too

Its becoming a cancer
>>
>>345169850
You do unlock some things through achievements, but that is its own headache, especially for the harder ones. And as I said originally, there literally is nothing stopping you from getting the shit you want eventually. If you like the game enough the cosmetics should matter you will unlock them in time. Its such a small issue, I dont know why people complain.
>>
>>345169406
Winning pub mathes for nothing at all gets boring after while, and the same can definitely be said for Overwatch because the game is severely lacking content right now.
>>
>>345169858
i know this might come as a bit of a shock but people like cosmetics in video games
>>
>>345170190
And they give them to you very regularly, assuming you play matches and don't just jerk off to the hero gallery. If you can't deal with having every single one on day one, that's just autism. You should be getting at least a legendary a week of regular play and enough coins to buy whatever you want. Do you not have thousands of coins stockpiled?
>>
>>345170057
But its completely stretched out to the point that I sometimes dont even open my loot boxes. I'm lvl 71 and I only have 4 Legendary skins, all of which are for characters I dont even use. Blizzard very clearly designed the system so I would get pissed off by this and reach for my debit card to remedy the problem through microtransactions, but Id rather pay a donkey to kick me in the balls than buy loot boxes.
>>
>>345170057
>Lucios the floor is lava achive
>they nerf Lucios gun damage

Fugg
>>
File: 1468531371139.jpg (106 KB, 601x601) Image search: [Google]
1468531371139.jpg
106 KB, 601x601
ITT:

> im low level scum but want to have all the unlocks and goodies as soon as possible
>>
File: 1468296991871.jpg (34 KB, 375x425) Image search: [Google]
1468296991871.jpg
34 KB, 375x425
Player icons should not count as blues.

Dupes should be worth the coins you'd have to pay to unlock them.

There should be a grantee of 1 crate per level up, but also with a chance to get extra crates every level up.
>>
>>345170397
>Blizzard very clearly designed the system so I would get pissed off by this and reach for my debit card to remedy the problem through microtransactions
I've never once had the urge to spend a dime on loot boxes, so no. I think you just have serious microtransaction problems. Like those people that dump 500 bucks into clash of clans.
>>
>>345170367
>You should be getting at least a legendary a week of regular play and enough coins to buy whatever you want.
Says who? You? Because I play pretty regularly and never get shit.

>Do you not have thousands of coins stockpiled?
Uh, no, and I dont know anybody who does. What fucking level are you that you think its normal to just have thousands of coins laying around?
>>
>>345169149
The unlockable voice clips are just phrases you can get them to say at any time. Such as Lucio "Why are you so angry?"

All the characters still have conversations with each other in setup and when certain triggers happen during the game or on certain maps.
>>
>>345170608
Read the rest of my post you fucking retard
>>
Normally I wouldn't give a shit about cosmetics at all. I only care about challenges/different equipment.

But cosmetics are literally the only thing the game has. And I'm not getting any of those either. Sure like these dupe sprays and player icons, thanks Blizzard.
>>
File: 1422064418597.jpg (66 KB, 659x660) Image search: [Google]
1422064418597.jpg
66 KB, 659x660
Since we're talking about unlocks and achievements, is "the Path is Closed" bugged?

cause I'm sure as hell I destroyed 4 teleporters and still didn't get anything.
>>
>>345169280
Evidently not, I just went 20 levels without a legendary
>>
you shouldnt get duplicates or they should make it so duplicates give you the exact amount they are worth
>>
>>345166858
I bought the 50 lootboxes thing. God damn what a waste of money. Shit like this should be free. I don't mind buying season passes but for fucking skins?

Ugh
>>
>>345170397
>but Id rather pay a donkey to kick me in the balls than buy loot boxes.
>>
>>345170754
I did read it. That you even see the system and think blizzard designed it to force you to buy loot boxes show you have serious issues. No sane person looks at it and sees that.
>>
>>345171006
See >>345171020
>>345170608
>>
File: 1433710203683.gif (284 KB, 500x800) Image search: [Google]
1433710203683.gif
284 KB, 500x800
>it's a grey grey blue grey episode
>>
>>345170640
>Says who? You? Because I play pretty regularly and never get shit.
Impossible. Even if you're not getting legendaries in the crates, you are either constantly getting new stuff or getting coins. As I said, this requires playing matches to gain EXP.

I'm level 144 (that's averaging a bit over 10 hours a week since I got it). I have a ton of skin (including rares and legendaries), voice lines, emotes, highlight intros -- every one that I care to have on people I regularly play and some I never play. And I have over 2,500 sitting around until more stuff comes out.

I'm not saying you need to be 100+ levels right now, but it's absurd to complain about not having all the cosmetics in a game you've just started playing. By the way, once you pass level 100, you level up very fast for a while, so you get a ton of loot boxes again. This happens every 100 levels, as the lower numbers require less EXP to level up.
>>
>>345166858
I don't really care about it. I argued with a friend about it once. I play the game and it's fun but getting sprays or skins really doesn't matter to me. He's more on the side that it's a jew-y way to get people to pay. I don't really care. I have a few legendary skins for a couple characters I don't really play and I have about 1000 in-game bux to buy my next legendary skin. It really doesn't matter to me in a game like this. Sprays and taunts and skins really mean very little in OW. I can see how people may be upset but it doesn't bother me personally at all.
>>
>>345170397
>I'm lvl 71 and I only have 4 Legendary skins
tough break bud. the typical chance people are finding is 1 in ever 10-12. just means your chance is getting higher every other box though, wait till you hit 100 and get the rollover to lower level again and have 5 boxes to open after a couple games, might get luckier.
>>
>>345170705
I feel the need to point out that these conversations consist of
>character A: I like you. Can I have autograph?
>character B: Yes! I like you too. Can I also have autograph?
>Character A: Yes!
>>
>>345170972
>Shit like this should be free.
But it is. A fool and his money are soon parted, etc.
>>
>>345166858
Needs guaranteed drop rates like trading cards, but it's otherwise fine. If baddies need to short circuit it with real money, more power to them
>>
File: 1468480442638.jpg (27 KB, 480x259) Image search: [Google]
1468480442638.jpg
27 KB, 480x259
>>345170640
I have 80 hours played since release and have had 6k in coins I'm only now prestiging in the game at level 112, please for the love of God get good
>>
>>345171020
>Hundreds of sprays, voice lines and player icons littering the item pool to thin your chances of getting skins
>The possibility of duplicates
>The scarcity of coins
>The entire randomness of the system
>Only 1 box per level, which is every 22k XP

You are unrepairably retarded if you dont think Overwatch system isn't trying to get people to buy the boxes.
>>
>>345171293
They aren't amazing. Some of them are good for world building like the ones with reaper.

I thought the person I was replying to thought they had locked dialog behind unlocks, instead of it just being phrases like it is.
>>
>>345171020
>force
Not force but incentivize. The system wants to take advantage of people who enjoy gambling.
>>
>>345171453
But why would you buy a box? They give you nothing, and they have no value since you can't sell / trade them. There's also no scarcity. Within 2-3 months of play, you should have almost everything, if not everything. Note that this is a game you'll likely play for years.
>>
>>345171236
By "shit" I mean "shit thats exciting or rare" you fucking autist
>>
>caring about your characters skin in a First Person Shooter
>>
At first I didn't like it but now that im level 170 I have every skin I want and 3,000 coins saved up for new heroes/skins so whatever.
>>
>>345171683
Not him, but this post confirms that you have no idea what the fuck youre talking about. You literally sound like you haven't played the game.
>>
>>345171735
>I need to get it from a box when I can buy the specific one I want with the coins I get instead
Wow!
>>
>>345171934
>Coin drops are completely random and the coins rewarded for getting a duplicate are only a fraction of the price of the item
Wow!
>>
>>345171927
I've only been playing since early June and I have legendary skins for 12 heroes (some of which I have multiple for) and over 2,500 coins. To say "everything" may have been an exaggeration -- you might not have the coins to buy cybergoth after you buy a bunch of legendaries you want -- but you should be able to get everything you want for heroes you play within the first month or so of play.
>>
>>345166858
They set up the crate system for when the game goes F2P in the future.

They are jewing the people who bought the game for as much as they can. Then when the game goes f2p if it doesn't pick up well then the game made enough money and it's over.

That's all. The game skind should be unlock able by skill with the character. Getting a certain amount of points and ect.

But they are just trying to maximize the profit... they make one good game in 20 years and they are entitled to all the money they can jew apparently.
>>
>>345171453

It's funny, I'd be more inclined to buy boxes if they gave out good shit. If I constantly got purples and golds I'd be more likely to buy them cause something nice is assured.

Why the FUCK would someone pay money to see 30 sets of grey,grey,blue,grey is beyond me.
>>
>>345172651
>If I constantly got purples and golds
Then you'd no longer need crates after the first week.
>>
>>345171453
>Wanting the skins
>not wanting the sweet ass POTG scenes
Someone has brain damage...
>>
>>345172651
I did it for fun and too see what I get. You basically get after 50 boxes 1000 coins ,5 or 6 legends skins and about every spray in the game.

Pretty lame shit.
>>
>>345172539
Its funny because you literally build coins by leveling up which can unlock any of the skins in the game.
>>
>>345172730

Not true. There's enough skins for that to not happen for a long time. Leveling up costs 22k exp, each hero has several higher tier skins.

Also I never said EVERY box should have this outcome.
>>
>>345172419
Well good for fucking you, Ive been playing since launch and I only have several legendaries, most of them are for characters I dont even like or play.
>>
>>345172846
>you literally build coins by leveling up
Yeah at a rate of about 100 coins a week
>>
File: mitsuba.png (155 KB, 410x384) Image search: [Google]
mitsuba.png
155 KB, 410x384
>>345168115
>theyd do it the way CoD did: skins and cosmetics earned through challenges
oh you mean the system where skins with fancy particles and textures and different model knifes and character cosmetic and even full on guns with different stats are 100% crate exclusive and can be bought with COD points aka real money?

i tried defending blops3's system when it was released because it was all cosmetically and they shower you in crates, but they straight up put in guns with different stats and thats where I draw the line. If im not mistaken advanced warfare had stat altering cosmetics as well for guns.

face it, everything cosmetic and previously "optional" are all locked behind low drop rate crates that you can buy for real money. Its the new way to monetize tripple A games and the only negative part is people calling them jews which is not a real argument.
>>
>>345170817
might be for a specific game type or only in ranked
>>
>>345170817
its only available in the ranked/quick play modes, did you play in those?
>>
>>345173568
Maybe if you play one night a week. I average 1000 coins a week.
>>
>>345173591
Read the thread you faggot, he said the way old CoDs used to do it by headshots
>>
>>345173750
>1k a week
Do you play like 5 hours each day?
>>
>>345173750
Not everyone is a NEET level 200 like you probably are.
>>
>>345173591
i think he met like the older games where getting X amount of headshots gets you a skin for that weapon
>>
>>345173826
2-3, skipping some days. I have 73 hours.
>>
File: 1463012072435.png (336 KB, 800x921) Image search: [Google]
1463012072435.png
336 KB, 800x921
I have no real problem with the RNG involved with the boxes, especially since I could give a rats ass about it. However, I think what they offer is pretty lazy. The costume sets are cool but why not let us mix and match them? Divvy it out in pieces. Give us dyes, "hats", and other trinkets. Who gives two fucks about a spray? Half the time I don't even hear the characters speaking.

They need more visually stimulating loot so your odds of getting at least SOMETHING worth while increases. Also, it should 5 boxes.
>>
>>345166858
Here's what i feel should be added
5% exp gain if you get 5 likes
10% if you get 10 likes
Challanges/bounties that provide either in game cash ranging from 25-200 that work on weekly basis or provide exp buffs.

i like the loot system but it's really stacked against you unless you're willing to shell out the cash.
>>
>>345172539
Nah, Blizzard won't go f2p
>>
>>345174538

Sprays are such a clear last minute addition. No one uses them for anything other than killing time before the game starts
>>
>>345174662
>5% exp gain if you get 5 likes
>10% if you get 10 likes

No one will ever dole out the votes to give someone else that benefit. We're all shitters that way.
>>
>>345174538
>hats
kill yourself, please. No really.
>>
>>345174538
This should also include secondary effects - different colors for your projectiles and other silly shit. If my retard Paladin in D3 can have glowing wings why the hell can't my Torb?
>>
>>345174867
i don't think so, people are already bitter as shit in ranked with their votes so if someone got it they truly deserved it
>>
>>345174662

So cutiegamurgurl999 will get 10 votes every match for her 20% of team damage healed as Mercy? Got it.

In retrospect this changes nothing
>>
>>345168115
Dont forget of you actually do get a legendary it's for a character you don't even use.
I have a total of 5 min played with both Tracer and Symmetra, and yet I have the most legendaries on them.
Shit sucks.
>>
>>345175150

I don't know where you are, but in my games next to know can be bothered with voting anymore most things get 2 votes max while everything else stays at zero.
>>
>>345175012
>I don't understand how quotation marks work sarcastically please rape my face
>>
>>345175212

*next to no one
>>
>>345175212
This. I swear these bored little fucks can't even be arsed to pick someone out on their own teams for kudos. It's a mouse click you fucktards, you were doing that for the last 20 minutes.
>>
I don't care because it's just cosmetics and 80% of the heros look best in their classic skin anyways.

On level 130 i had 5k coins and many skins by drops
>>
I've spent 120 dollars on it this past month over two pay checks. I think I have a gambling problem. Luckily though now I have all the skins I wanted so I think I can just go by leveling from now on
>>
>>345175482

At least retards like you fund new heroes and maps I guess.
>>
>>345175482
120 dollars could have been a lot of nice meals or new games or a new jacket or I don't know.

I feel sorry for you.
>>
>>345175212
>>345175446
I play on console with my normie friends and PC solo usually and on console the community is much friendlier, especially in that regard. Almost guaranteed to get 5 votes if you get on the board and were helpful.
>>
>>345168115
>most things worth having
So none?
It's just cosmetic calm down
>>
>>345175575
Honestly I would have spent it all on junk food. One benefit is I'm eating better since without the funds to just constantly splurge on Taco Bell I've been buying spaghetti and red sauce and cooking at home.

And I live in Houston, the last thing I need's a freaking jacket.
>>
>>345175737

Not him, but when I'm slayin' niggas I wanna look good doing it.
>>
Heros that look best with their default skin:
Zenyetta
Tracer
McCree
Genji
Soldier
Zarya
Bastion
Mei
Widow
Mercy
>>
>>345175818
>nice meals
>junk food

I see that gambling isn't your only problem...
>>
File: 1465837204798.jpg (35 KB, 385x375) Image search: [Google]
1465837204798.jpg
35 KB, 385x375
>>345175482
why would you do that?
>>
>>345175921
>McCree
Riverboat
>Widow
Contesse
>Bastion
Overgrown
>>
>>345175921
>Tracer
Posh
>>
Fuck all that. More maps, more game modes, more heroes, more more more more
>>
Why not have just a goddamn cash shop where you can buy the shit you want for a dollar and leave it at that?

Want to support the game even more? You can buy this sweet intro for $1.

This random shit is just full jewery. I have no issue with developers making an extra buck to fund new games, but this is stupid.
>>
>>345175921
>Zenyetta
Ifrit
>Tracer
Posh
>McCree
Black mystery man or whatever
>Genji
Chrome
>Soldier
Gold
>Zarya
ARCTIC
>Bastion
Omnic Crisis
>Mei
Yeti
>Widow
Black or Gold
>Mercy
Amber
>>
>>345176003
Spaghetti isn't junk food, it's the most legit meal you can have
>>
>>345175921
>Zenyatta
Sunyatta
>Tracer
needs to be removed from game
>McCree
you right
>Genji
you right
>Soldier
either camo skins
>Zarya
has no good skins, including default
>bastion
orange camo
>Mei
also needs to be removed from game
>Widow
contesse
>Mercy
you right
>>
>>345176003
I work night shifts constantly, I'm actually on one now desu, so I never have real time to cook fancy. And why would I? Who's there to cook for but me? Eating 'nice' in a quiet messy studio just is depressing. At least Taco Bell or cheap spaghetti doesn't make me depressed with the disconnect. I'm not making steak again until I have someone to make for. And since I'm not getting together with anyone ever, well I guess I won't make steak again.
>>
>>345176273
Because that would be giving the consumer way too much control silly anon. We want them to almost get what they want so they try again next time. Don't worry, I'm sure in 10 more levels you'll get enough coins to "purchase" the item in-game. No need to cut to the quick and just out right BUY it right? Now that would just render the item un-unique
>>
>>345176456
Don't you find cooking fun?

Ok it suckd if you don't have time. But please don't spend your obviously hard earned money on things you don't actually need. I'm just worried.
>>
>>345176718
Of course it was fun. But the fun was gone when all there was to cook for was me. Then it's just 'hoops to jump through for eating'. Food's not fun anymore, it's just fuel. And I got what I wanted anyway with skin emotes and icons so I don't feel an urge to buy them anymore.
>>
>>345176353
>Characters I don't know how to counter need to be removed from the game
aylmao
>>
File: CONSOLE PLAYERS.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
CONSOLE PLAYERS.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>345166858
Different for sure.
>>
what ever happened to unlocking things by playing the hero? why do i have to wait forever to get the thing i want instead of just unlocking it by doing a challenge or natural progression? the fact that there are no natural progression hero cosmetics is disgusting. i hate opening these boxes because at the end of the day, im not getting what i want and am getting half duplicates every time. more than half this shit is completely useless and just filler, and they will only release more filler later on. it pisses me off beyond belief, this isn't a free2play game, yet they are treating it like one with this slot machine box opening feature that only retards want. i mean fuck, everything in these crates are fucking useless and there is no option to turn this shit off, i cant just disable cosmetics like in Dota or TF2
>>
>>345179079
Oh fuck my sides. I can't stop laughing at that webm
>>
>>345166858
>neckbeards giving two shits about cosmetics
>VIRTUAL cosmetics

Blizzard has given you all the available gameplay content since day 1, why people slave over skins is way beyond me.

>lvl 41
>8 legendary skins and still not giving a shit
>>
>>345171453
>Box contents are shitty
>Better spend money on them

This is the thought process you are describing.

I think someone mathed out how long it would take you to get absolutely every unlock for the current roster, and it was something like Lv834. But keep in mind you'd probably have everything you wanted waaaay before that, as you don't need every color of each legendary skin or 3x hero intros and 3x victory poses.
>>
>>345175921
>Zenyatta
Nigga what? Zenyatta's legendaries are amazing.
>>
File: 1467160481652.jpg (55 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1467160481652.jpg
55 KB, 960x960
>>345166858
>save lootboxes for ana
>turns out it wont work that way
>>
>Two weeks ago
>Open a loot box
>See a legendary
>Explorer Winston
>Haven't played since

No I don't fucking like it
>>
I'd like it if you earned 50% on duplicates instead of what it is now but otherwise its fine.
>>
>>345179973
I agree. I'm just saying his default is better. He has the best design of all the heroes
>>
>Hit level 50
>Lionhardt Legendary Skin
>Huntress Legendary Skin
>Widowmaker Win Pose

>Hit Level 51
>Stitched Purple Rarity Roadhog Skin

Seems to work fine for me.
>>
My brother bought over 140 loot boxes and most of it was the typical 3 common 1 rare crate. There was about 3 god toer crates with a gold and a purple or two. I wish you could buy coins instead of crates. Also you should get coins for completing a match.
>>
>>345168115
>the whole game was clearly built around trying to kike people out of their money
That's every AAA game.
>>
>>345172841
Saved 25 boxes and got 8 legend skins and 1780 coins, my rng is through the fucking roof when it doesn't mean anything
>>
>>345180023
Is the content of lootboxes determined when you get them instead of when you open them or something?
>>
>>345181162
Yes.
>>
>>345169482
>>345167345
Keep in mind that the more items and rewards you get, the more common credit rewards will be. More items aquired = more chances of duplicates.
>>
dropped the game because the Loot Box system wasn't rewarding.
Of course I am aware I had uncommonly bad luck, but still there is no reason to play a game that doesn't reward you.
>>
As long as it sticks to flavor and aesthetics and doesn't turn into "oh, well you might get the good, in-meta weapons for your character if you play for 200 hours... then we'll release more that are even stronger. Or you could just pay us money" like TF2, it's fine
>>
File: 1447817498001.png (19 KB, 700x576) Image search: [Google]
1447817498001.png
19 KB, 700x576
>>345181424
??
>>
>people getting mad cause they're not getting legendaries for their favorite characters
Why not just play the characters that you get the skins for? I do that and I end up having fun, literally all the characters are fun in their own way.
>>
>>345169280
The pity level is 25
>>
>>345182538
Meant for >>345170841
>>
I just wish there was a skin or two for every character that could only be unlocked through skill.

I'm tired of seeing people playing characters with the legendary skins when they have absolutely no fucking clue how to play them
>>
>>345181424
Was CoD4 your first multiplayer game by any chance?
>>
>>345166858
needs more frequent coin drops, and in bigger amounts.
>>
>That character that the game gives you fuck all for

What's their name?
>>
File: 0d2[1].jpg (17 KB, 499x500) Image search: [Google]
0d2[1].jpg
17 KB, 499x500
>>345181424

This post doesn't feel like bait but that's the perfect kind
>>
>>345183513
Widowmaker, I'm level 72 and have around 19 unlocks for her and half of them are fucking sprays.
>>
>>345166858
It's just... idk, slow. There should be more of a random loot-box drop system at the end of the match, or the top players have a % of getting a loot box.

And of course sell what you don't want.
>>
File: 1459985020979.jpg (111 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1459985020979.jpg
111 KB, 1280x720
>>345166858
>tfw 1650 coins and don't feel like spending it on shit since I've already got the few legendaries I like and the other ones I don't feel strongly about
>Only one I used coins to purchase was one of Reinhardt's
>All the voice lines are cheap
>Don't give a shit about victory poses or highlight intros
Wow it feels fucking good to be a god damn adult with self control who doesn't get mad at companies for packing their game with useless cosmetics that add nothing to said gameplay. Their only mistake was not making player icons purchasable with the in game cash.
>>
>>345166858
I'd like it more if I could trade in skins I didn't want. It's too difficult to get skins you actually want.
>>
>>345182602
>>345170841
>>345169280
>>345182538
Well, here I am at Level 40 without a Legendary...
>>
>people crying about cosmetic shit
Who the fuck cares? At least they're not locking new characters in lock boxes.
>>
>>345166858
A shit system built for microtransactions designed to appeal to people with addictive behavior. I would rather have all cosmetics and everything else be given to me from the start. I can actually enjoy games without having to have a constant nibble from the carrot tied to the stick dangling in front of me
>>
>>345166858
Blizzard will add much more "free" stuff to the Cash Shop. Wait one year and the game is P2W. I don't know one cash shop game which isn't destroying the game after some time.
>>
I'm okay with it.
I have 2000 coins saved up for when the new skins are added anyway.
>>
File: 1390158301453.jpg (86 KB, 396x406) Image search: [Google]
1390158301453.jpg
86 KB, 396x406
>>345173656
>>345173749
Yes it was on quick play and shit I even got the match recorded
>>
>>345166858
Duplicates should give you the same gold amount they cost.

That's about it.
>>
The ones in Overwatch aren't so bad.

The LOCKbox variant where you HAVE to buy keys to open them is one of the most malignant cancers eating away at vidya.
>>
No trading, please. Cosmetics economy is exactly what ruined TF2 and Steam in general.
>>
>>345166858
Considering I don't care about any of the cosmetics (other than victory poses and voice lines, which are extremely cheap), I really don't care about the loot boxes.

It's a proven concept. It works. Cosmetics obviously give some people an incentive to play, and these loot boxes require the least amount of effort for unlocking cosmetics.

Really, as long as it only includes cosmetics, there's no reason to be mad about it. Other than being an autistic sperg.
>>
>>345168115
>MUH COSMETICS

Grow up
>>
>>345187541
TF2? Dota 2? WoW's microtransactions were limited to mounts and shit too.
>>
O everyone that saved up gold for the next wave of skins how mad would you be if they introduced another currency instead of gold or the skins were money only?
>>
Dups should be 100% of the currency and currency should be 75%
>>
>>345181251
>every character has 30 sprays
Damn...
>>
File: dva.jpg (48 KB, 540x535) Image search: [Google]
dva.jpg
48 KB, 540x535
>dry spell of like 10 levels with no legendary skins
>open latest box
>TWO GOLDS
>Ra Zenyatta and 500 shekels
>have enough for muh Horus Ana now
>>
>>345166858
The thing with these things is
>10 boxes of worthless crap
>1 legendary
>15 more boxes of crap
>pic related
>>
>>345178956
>Tracer has a counter
um? anon?
>>
File: 1468358390346.jpg (54 KB, 635x861) Image search: [Google]
1468358390346.jpg
54 KB, 635x861
>>345192484
Roadhog, McCree can still one shot her if he is good.
>>
>>345192484
Torj turret's don't miss
>>
>>345192545
Any smart tracer will be jumping making it pretty impossible to headshot her as mccree.
>>
>>345192610
Flash her of course
>>
>>345192610
Flashbang->headshot.
>>
>>345192672
>>345192648
Yeah if you flash her while she's jumping she still moving through the air while stunned.
>>
>>345192610
Can't jump when you're stunned
>>
>>345192545
Roadhog doesn't counter Tracer rofl.

She fucking slays his HP pool with her DPS and hooking her is hard as shit because she can just blink it easily.

and if you do miss the hook she's gonna destroy you.

>McCree
also hard as fuck. She is a small nimble figure so long range headshots aren't a piece of cake at all.

and

>flashbang meme

must feel good to be in sub 50 rank where Tracers just stand next to McCree not trying to dodge flashbang, or spamming jump so the headshot is much harder. I'm competent at the flashbang headshot, not perfect yet, but getting pretty good, and it's not an easy feat to get the flashbang at ALL.

>>345192559
>picking Torb
no thanks I actually like winning.

>>345192648
How to get the flash if they keep their distance and dodge it with blinks?

If you miss your flash due to a blink/recall you're fuckin dead as McCree.

>>345192672
>Tracer spams jump
>when she lands she can move again
>better hope your aim is good enough to hit a jumping headshot
hmm
>>
>>345192790
If you spam jump you'll jump while getting stunned, that's the point of jumping.
>>
>>345192790
If you don't stun them during their jump animation then they will just blink/recall away.
>>
File: 1463847140033.png (511 KB, 1024x921) Image search: [Google]
1463847140033.png
511 KB, 1024x921
I got 3 legendary skins for Pharah and she's my most played character.

I'm not gonna complain but that third skin was unnecesary because I already had my favourite color scheme for both legendary skins.

I also have 4k coins because I went full jew and never bought anything.
>>
>>345175482
jesus anon you should have at least done it on cs go skins, at least you can sell those back on the market for gabe bucks and keep gambling or buy some games.
>>
>>345193086
You can't apply logic to addiction, that's kind of the definition of addiction, continuing to do something even though you know it's harmful.
Thread replies: 212
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.