[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just finished uncharted 4 Fuck you I liked it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: Uncharted_4_Reveal_Wallpaper.jpg (311 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
Uncharted_4_Reveal_Wallpaper.jpg
311 KB, 960x540
Just finished uncharted 4

Fuck you I liked it
>>
did you remember to like the video afterwards?
>>
Haven't had a chance to play it yet, but I'm looking forward to it. I enjoyed the first 3, so I'm guessing I'll enjoy this one too.

>inb4 Uncharted is shit
>>
>>345158301
Yes and I subscribed
>>
I pirated uncharted 2 back in the day and i didn't like so much.
does it get any better?
>>
>>345158456
Haven't played the fourth, but in my opinion, the second one is the best.. So if you didn't like that one, I guess the series might not be for you
>>
>>345158456
I think 3 and 4 are pretty good(I Enjoyed all of them) but 4 is definitely better in my opinion

But as the other anon said it may just not be your type of tea which is OK too
>>
>>345158981
Do you like 3 and 4 more than 1 and 2?
>>
File: uncharted 4mp.webm (3 MB, 710x400) Image search: [Google]
uncharted 4mp.webm
3 MB, 710x400
>>345159118
1 is dogshit black sheep of the franchise
2 is GOAT 10/10
3 is a less enjoyable 2 but still great (9/10)
4 is my least favorite of the trilogy (2/3/4) but still great 8/10
>>
>>345159118
Kind of but that's because the first one I played was 3. but 3 is only better by a small bit in my opinion
>>
I think the first one was pretty good, but definitely not as good as 2 or 3 - I guess they just needed to iron out the flaws
>>
>>345159421
Well, the first one you play of a franchise usually sticks with you, so that's not odd
>>
>>345159776
That's true
>>
File: 1467448292959.png (528 KB, 1050x1166) Image search: [Google]
1467448292959.png
528 KB, 1050x1166
>>345158095
fuck you
>>
I couldn't get into these games. The ones I played did platforming poorly. They did shooting poorly. And the story just was not interesting to me. Not that it was exactly bad but it just wasn't my cup of tea although I'm not sure what I was expecting.

I've heard people say they're greater than the sum of their parts but it just didn't come across that way for me.
>>
I've lost all interest in the single-player mode but still pop it in for fifteen minutes or so of online deathmatch. Aside from Netflix it's about the only use my PS4 will be until next year.
>>
>>345160315
Sometimes a good game just won't appeal to you, and that's completely fair - after all, everyone is their own person
>>
>>345158095
>1
It was fun for it's time but doesn't hold up to later titles
>2
Improved on 1 in every way and was great
>3
Didn't live up to the massive hype but wasn't a bad game
>4
Fucking awful, even the vita game was way better than this.
>>
>>345158095
Congrats, you're normal.
>>
>>345161130
Why do you think that about 4 if I may ask
>>
>>345161130
I agree with your list, but I really want the 4th one to be good. What is it you dislike about it? I haven't played it myself..
>>
>>345161379
Well I thought 90% of /v/hated this game hence the fuck you I liked it part but I was(happily) proven wrong
>>
>>345161130

>even the vita game was way better than this

Hey now let's not go saying shit that is blatantly untrue. UC4 is pretty boring but it beats the shit out of Golden Abyss' mandatory gyro balancing, screen rubbing and weird sub-540p resolution making everything washed out.
>>
>>345161383
>>345161490
>Story progression is slow as fuck
> I was a little upset from the lack of supernatural shit
>Nothing would have changed if Nadine was dropped, literally useless character only there to be strong independant black womyn who don't need no man
>Sam was a terrible character
>Tried too hard to make Rafe a villian
>Not much gunplay until close to the end
>>
>>345161576
It was the game to showcase the vitas features, what do you expect? But beside the few shitty gimmicks it was pretty solid.
>>
Who here has beaten it on crushing?

I'm on chapter 18 atm
>>
>>345161130
>1
Boring repetitive game that is pretty much just an outdated tech demo. Gets at least a little interesting around the end
>2
Very good game that learns a lot of lessons from the first
>3
worse version of 2, I feel like some of it's hate is a bit over exaggerated though
>Golden Abyss
Underrated game, very good for a portable. Shame about it's terrible boss battles though
>4
Has some slow chapters (early in the game specifically) but is still overall the best in the series
>>
>>345161383
Not him, but 4 just refuses to let you play the game. Yes, you're almost always playing with the hallway talking segments, and the climbing, but none of that is meaningful gameplay wise.

Combat is the only time you feel like you actually have control over the outcome, where you have choices to make, and you actually need to try to not die.

As hard as ND tries to push their cinematic style, they still haven't found a way to make non-combat engaging and meaningful. This has always been the case with Uncharted, but 4 takes it to the next level, by having about 3 hours of combat in a 15 hour game.

Considering the praise they keep getting, they don't think they're doing anything wrong so nothing will change. They could make the platforming harder, there are plenty of good 3D platformers to draw from, they could make the puzzes harder and require small amounts of other gameplay elements, and have all the talking happen during these scenes, but they're convinced the writing is strong enough to carry through thr dull gameplay and shitty level design.
>>
>>345159337
I just finished 3 the other day; it's really not that good. 2 was nearly perfect, and 3 had its high points, but it dragged on a bit too long and the villains made very little sense.

And those controls! Grappling when I want to roll. Rolling when I want to hug cover. Aim speed too fast when not aiming, and too slow when aiming, and I can't adjust them individually. Spawning into firefights with no cover, or finding temples filled with waist-high walls everywhere for no reason. It just didn't live up to the ND standard.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.