[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Release Breath of the Wild to NX >WiiU becomes the first
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
>Release Breath of the Wild to NX
>WiiU becomes the first Nintendo console not to have an exclusive Zelda game (not counting rereleases/remasters)
>Don't release it
>Lose a potentially huge launch title, why keep a popular game on a dead console?
Damned if they do, damned if they don't.
>>
Maybe they shouldn't have blundered the Wii U so hard.
>>
The Wii U was kind of garbage anyway, I got one at launch I love it but honestly it's probably Nintendo's weakest system. Even though the Wii is casual at least you can have fun with friends on it even your normie friends could play with you
>>
it's coming to both.

shove that up your catch-22 bitch
>>
It may have been smarter to have made a smaller Zelda title for the Wii U instead of the HD remasters, though financially the route they took makes more sense (there's been a high demand for HD updated versions of TP and WW for some time, whilst a new standard Zelda after SS would likely have been poorly received). It's not like it even matters in the end.
>>
>>345153461
It's just backwards compatibility so it doesn't really help the Wii U part of the Wii U. But the Wii U is literally a better Wii.
>>
>>345153737
Yeah pretty much, it didn't feel like a new system it's literally just the Wii HD, it felt more like going from Gameboy to Gameboy colour than a whole new system.
>>
Gamecube games plays on a Wii
Wii games plays on a Wii U

Heres the tough part, lets see if you can figure it out

Wii U games will play on _____
>>
>>345153932
NX is going to be more than just another stationary system with a similar architecture. You are foolish if you're expecting hardware BC with any previous Nintendo system.
>>
>>345153932
I highly doubt the NX will play Wii U games. If they are indeed changing the system structure this time around then it just wouldn't be feasible to make it backwards compatible.
Besides, if you make it backwards compatible, then you can't re-sell all the games all over again!
>>
>>345153860
>it's literally just the Wii HD
That's basically 8th gen in a nutshell.
>Remember these older games you like? Here's HD remasters!
>>
>>345154147
Pretty much, nothing on PS4 or Xbox one really justifies buying it for me. Right now I'm just emulating older games I missed out on.
>>
>>345154147
I love it when PS4 apologists argue how important the improved resolution and framerates of the PS4 are in comparison to the PS3 versions of games. And yet they won't play on PC even though it puts the PS4 to shame when it comes to that.
>>
Every Zelda has a port/remaster so theres literally no exclusive Zeldas aside from CDi
>>
The Wii U was a total bomb.

It having or not having an exclusive Zelda game doesn't change that whatsoever, it's just semantics. They'd be shooting themselves in the foot to keep a game that's obviously taken them a lot of time to develop on a failed platform. It's just business
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.