[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"Support" Classes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: Clipboard01.jpg (181 KB, 496x605) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard01.jpg
181 KB, 496x605
What games have the best passive-aggressive support classes? And I don't mean healers.

What I mean is classes that support the team by inflicting poison, stunning, blocking, debuffing, etc. I love to support in this fashion.
>>
Please respond.
>>
I also enjoy taking this role

I am looking forward to picking up EDF4 on steam in a few days and spamming the air raider class

All my lancer bros hopping in my various transport vehicles
>>
Warframe, just ignore H Draco LF EV Excal Frost.
>>
>>345149564
PC preferred.
>>
>>345150703
Steam only?
>>
>Status effects will never be useful
>Normal mobs die too fast for poisons to do anything.
>Normal mobs don't cast anything bad enough to warrant spamming skill cancelers
>Normal mobs die shortly after a paralyze or freeze making them marginally useful at best
>Bosses are mostly immune to status effects

Why do 99% of RPGs do this?
>>
>>345151378

its also on ps3 and ps4, but it has frame drops on my ps3 when I try to play it with my friend
>>
File: image_awesomenauts_running_shot.png (313 KB, 591x310) Image search: [Google]
image_awesomenauts_running_shot.png
313 KB, 591x310
>>345149564
Awesomenauts. It's half contra clone half assfaggots if you're into that sort of thing.

>Skolldir: Big fucking punches that stun people. Slam the ground with your ass so hard it erupts like a volcano. Chuck enemies halfway across the map.
>Sentry: Shield yourself a couple of seconds, taking reduced damage. Throw that damage back in your enemies' face as a literal black hole that sucks people in.
>Ix: Give nerds the switcheroo and bodyblock for your allies while taking no damage.
>Coco: Manual detonation laser bomb with huge knockback to pull people out from behind their turret, then Silver Surfer a trail of space AIDS in their face.
>LUX-5000: Charge through people like an angry bull, dragging 'em halfway across the map, bunch 'em a bunch, and then slam a bunch of rockets into their face to finish.
>Swiggins: Shoot an anchor at a guy, slam-checking yourself into them. Then tie the anchor do them while they struggle to get away and you shoot their shit in with an ink cannon.

The game loves its CC/utility nerd slayers. There's like 5 characters in the entire game that can heal allies and 2 of them have to buy certain upgrades to do it. Even then, 2 of the remaining 3 have healing as a side thing with something else as their MO. And then there's Voltar, who's the game's designated heal bitch, but even then he can do stupid amounts of burst too.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (35 KB, 314x350) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
35 KB, 314x350
FFXI Red Mage
>>
>>345150703

Why would I ever hop in something as slow as a vehicle when I could instead be zooming around dash cancelling?

Sorry friend, speed is of the essence.
>>
File: wtjwtjtrj.jpg (32 KB, 837x500) Image search: [Google]
wtjwtjtrj.jpg
32 KB, 837x500
>>345153859
>all the ways FFXIV will completely fuck up RDM because it doesn't fit perfectly into their precious little role trinity, whether they go for enfeebles or not

i didn't need this reminder
>>
>>345153859
Came here to say this. Actually if you still play you know there are a few more classes that fill that role now. Scholar and Geomancer.
>>
>>345154437
I'll settle for a stylish magic/melee damage hybrid. Mostly want dat fashion
>>
>>345154437
Enfeebles really aren't a thing in XIV. Sure, there's ones added to some abilities but unless it results in a direct stat loss of the enemy (ATK/STR/INT), they're next to pointless.
>>
>>345150703
Technically DotA has some lulzy supports.
>>
Zenyatta in overwatch

because everyone keeps fucking moving away from my line of sight
>>
>>345154437
I'm guessing it's going to have the third fastest gcd behind monk and ninja.
If we're going wild speculation here, I'd want to see a long, branching rotation that either deals straight damage or debuffs the resistances of a target/buffs the RDM, kinda like MNK but longer, maybe 5 or 6 abilities ending in a flashy finisher. On top of that, have element switching as ogc stances that affect every action, like fire being a general damage up, lightning increasing attack speed, water siphoning MP, and so on.
It would be a support, so shit damage in comparison. Shoved in the dex pool with nin, brd and mch.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.