[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
morrowind thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8
File: bandit 2.png (2 MB, 1200x851) Image search: [Google]
bandit 2.png
2 MB, 1200x851
>Become vampire
>Awake from dream
>That despair knowing you'll never bask in the sun again like the good old days
>>
File: realmorrowindcombat.webm (3 MB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
realmorrowindcombat.webm
3 MB, 1000x563
>become warrior
>pick up a weapon I'm skilled with and have used millions of times before
>that despair knowing I will never hit anything and will rely on the RNG
>>
File: 56566566566989894545455.png (141 KB, 371x299) Image search: [Google]
56566566566989894545455.png
141 KB, 371x299
tfw no game to date has matched the horror of morrowind
>>
>>345143095
I honestly think Morrowind is overrated.
>>
>being a vampire
>bad
>b-but I'll never be able to leave during the day
Who gives a fuck?
>>
>>345144063
I havent found a game that had such a deep magic system, or world as interesting to explore
>>
>>345143886
This was already disproven with another webm faggot. Her luck/agi stats were modified with the console.
>>
So what is everyone's favorite classes to play? Doesn't matter if they're homebrew.

Battlemage is my favorite in-game class. Otherwise usually do an acrobatics/heavy armour/spear/athletics Dragoon custom class.
>>
>>345144325
I wouldn't say that it's the deepest, but in no other game you fuck around with magic and become a demigod so fast as in Morrowind.
>>
File: 1467653087013.jpg (21 KB, 225x350) Image search: [Google]
1467653087013.jpg
21 KB, 225x350
>>345144716
>Otherwise usually do an acrobatics/heavy armour/spear/athletics Dragoon custom class
muh nigga
>>
>>345144325
Vvardenfell is so unique, games rarely manage to pull off that kind of "alien landscape" schtick. The only other one that immediately comes to mind is Oddworld.
>>
>>345144716
Stealth archer of course
>>
>>345144716
> acrobatics/heavy armour/spear/athletics
Interesting setup. Any tips for playing this?
>>
>>345144716
Dunmer to roleplay as Jiubs son
>>
>tfw want to play skyrim again on ps3
>if I do then I won't get it on ps4
s-should I whip out my xbox copy of morrowind and play that instead?
>>
>>345144325
>deep magic system
>morrowind
tesbabbies are the worst
>>
>>345144716
Something like spellsword or assassin as Dunmer. I'm always playing Dunmer and most of the time it works, but those two work the best.
>>
>>345145294

if you have any recommendations for a better rpg game Id like to hear it
>>
>>345145176
I had thought the console morrowinds arent patched?
>>
File: 1449160169605.jpg (1 MB, 2235x1470) Image search: [Google]
1449160169605.jpg
1 MB, 2235x1470
>>345145597
I think if you get the GOTY version it is. I remember picking up some cursed item that put my light or heavy armour permanently to 0 until I transferred my saves from vanilla to GOTY
>>345145347
Spellswords and battlemages were always my favorite class concepts. Shame they aren't done much elsewhere. I always loved getting books in game that had either of them featured.

>you will never read an in game TES book about devious asshole dunmer battlemages playing mind games and inevitably betraying each other
>>
>Telvanni has the best architecture in the game
>One of the worst factions
Fuck
>>
>>345146168
>telvanni
>bad
I will fight you.
Also
>want to play morrrowind again
>30fps with mods
>can't play without mods anymore
>>
>>345146168
>>One of the worst facrions
Thats factual wrong, though.
>>
never used mods, i should probably learn how to do that
>>
File: loadscreen.webm (567 KB, 1096x616) Image search: [Google]
loadscreen.webm
567 KB, 1096x616
>>345145512
In all honesty Oblivion.
Forget the appearance, as all that can be modded away. Forget the mainquest, because you know it's god-awful and oblivion gates are the worst--worse than tedious dragon fights.
Just remember the comfy exploration.

tho i played it in 2015 so my view is skewed towards the mods we have today
>>
>>345146168

I always go Telvanni every playthrough, it helps that they have the best mods by far. Uvirith's Legacy, Rise of House Telvanni, LGNPC Uvirith's Grave, the holy trinity.
>>
>>345146168
>>345146502
Telvanni could be the greatest force on the face of Tamriel if not for their infighting and acceptance of "do any crime, you will be forgiven if you're never caught or if you defeat your opponent".
>>
>>345145294
They commonly mistake breadth for depth, but don't you worry, TES6 will improve upon the Skyrim streamlining efforts and simplify the total schools to 3 (Daedra Magic [Fire], Nordic Magic [Frost], Dwemer Magic [Electricity], Nazi-Elf Magic [Poison]).
It'll have a huge skill tree, so you know it'll be DEEEP and there will also be some useless branch-trimming to make it easier to learn and more immersive:

>you don't need invisibility, you have stealth skills
>you don't need healing, you have regenerating health
>you don't need feather, there is no limit to your carrying capacity
>you don't need water walking, the biggest lakes are only knee-deep
>you don't need water breathing, there are no underwater areas
>you don't need levitation, you have wall-climbing mounts
>you don't need open lock, you have lockpicks (new improved minigame!) and keys
>you don't need paralysis, all 3 schools now have CC built into their skill trees
>you don't need teleportation, you can quick travel anywhere
>you don't need detection, your minimap and compass show you everything
>you don't need charm, NPCs don't have dispositions
>you don't need shield, you have armor
>you don't need summons, you have companions
>you don't need cures, there are no diseases

Everyone's favorite class is Stealth Archer so there's no need for any of that superfluous magic shit. Magic isn't even immersive in the first place. Deep, all-encompassing skill trees are so much better than options and utility anyway, especially while the gameplay is limited to beating shit up and completing laundry lists for invulnerable children.
>>
>>345146928
It goes with many tries anf fails. Don't ever delete your morrowind installer and copy mod archives folder. You need mge xe, morrowind code patch and mlox to sort mods. Then just look for some essentials and the mods you like.
>>
>>345147202

As funny as it is, it's also sad that this is pretty much happening. They had some interesting ideas for magic in Skyrim, but there were hardly any spells and any variety.
>>
>>345147202
Jesus calm your autism. You sound so mad about the newer games.
>>
>>345147078
Oblivion is the worst of three modern tes games anon. And it's system is just a castrated one from morrowind.
>>
>>345147202
Anyone has that picture with race choices and stealth archers?
>>
>>345145038
This, it's also why Skyrim and Oblivion are so fucking bland. They are just generic fantasy worlds, while in Morrowind you got all kinds of alien looking shit and unique architecture and landscapes.
>>
File: nighteye.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
nighteye.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>345147456
I don't know man, I enjoyed it the most out of the 3 games, and I played Skyrim first.

tho i suppose you are rating its RPGness rather than my subjective funness
>>
>>345147442

He's not wrong though, magic in TES has been getting dumbed down more and more, Skyrim had a terrible choice of spells.
>>
>>345147442
Hey, I had fun with the games, they're all comfy as fuck.
But you can't say they're not slowly weeding out everything that makes an RPG a *role-playing* game. Eventually, you will just be filling in blanks for invulnerable quest-givers as K'onan The Stealth Archer Muscle-Wizard.

They may as well just go the way of Redguard and fix your character's identity so you don't get any ideas. Saves the trouble of having to think up a name and backstory.
>>
>>345147078
But one of the main reasons I liked morrwind, was that I had to read every journal entry carefully, and read the signs, forcing you to use your own wits, which made it extremely immersive
>>
>>345143095
>24 hours ingame is like 5 minutes realtime
gg
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.